PDA

View Full Version : Heart

ClubDave
09-05-2004, 02:06 AM
this isnt as much of a heart appreciation thread as it is a i would fuck the shit out of the 70's versions of ann and nancy wilson, especially around the time when crazy on you was released.......they were so god damn hot back then

EbDawson
09-05-2004, 03:47 AM
Originally posted by ClubDave
this isnt as much of a heart appreciation thread as it is a i would fuck the shit out of the 70's versions of ann and nancy wilson, especially around the time when crazy on you was released.......they were so god damn hot back then

Yeah they were a couple of hot broads back in the day. Actually Nancy's still pretty cute. I know she married that Cameron Crowe dude who did Fast Times at Ridgemont High.

Oh yeah, they had some pretty good music too.

lms2
09-05-2004, 03:55 AM
I always wondered what would happen if you crossed Dave Roth with Joan Jett....

Oh, sorry, I guess thats off topic. :D

Hummarstra
09-05-2004, 04:29 AM
I love Heart. I got their DVD the other day and I was fucking blown away. IT IS AWESOME!!! GET IT.

Wayne L.
09-05-2004, 06:44 AM
Heart is one of the greatest rock bands of all time with few equals, Ann Wilson is one of the greatest female rock vocalist of all time with few equals, Nancy Wilson is a great rock guitarist in her own right as well as a great vocalist & still looks great after all these years while they are the female Page/Plant of rock.

ClubDave
09-05-2004, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by Wayne L.
Heart is one of the greatest rock bands of all time with few equals, Ann Wilson is one of the greatest female rock vocalist of all time with few equals, Nancy Wilson is a great rock guitarist in her own right as well as a great vocalist & still looks great after all these years while they are the female Page/Plant of rock.

i fully agree with you.....i guess my banging ann and nancy rant made me forget to say how much i love their music......nancy definately is an incredible rock vocalist, and their music is timeless........crazy on you, definately one of my favortie songs ever

FORD
09-05-2004, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by lms2
I always wondered what would happen if you crossed Dave Roth with Joan Jett....

Oh, sorry, I guess thats off topic. :D

That would be one kid with attitude. (who wouldn't give a damn about his or her bad reputation)

SweetSecrets
09-05-2004, 06:22 PM
I love Heart! They rock! Little Led Zeppelin!

Big musical influences on me! Anyone have the new Live in Seatlle DVD! Get it! Watch it! It is insipiring!

SweetSecrets
09-05-2004, 06:23 PM
They do a cover of Battle of Evermore that is totally ace! THey also do a great cover of Black Dog! I haven't heard anyone give those to covers more justice than Zepellin themselves! I think they have even admitted to that!

SweetSecrets
09-05-2004, 06:24 PM
"Zeppelin" is how I meant to spell it. sorry!

SweetSecrets
09-05-2004, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by ClubDave

I think they are still beautiful women. Their beauty extends the years.

Susie Q
09-08-2004, 12:35 AM
I'm another Heart fan. Love their music, style, and everything about them. I saw this thing on CMT (ok...ok...gag n' stuff already) where they were doing a crossroads with Wynonna Judd. That was pretty good too if I say so myself. I always thought I emulated Ann Wilson. I am kinda a cross between her and Valerie Bertinelli type thing.

WARF
09-08-2004, 12:37 AM
It's a shame this band will be forever known for their hair band power ballad.... dreams...

Susie Q
09-08-2004, 12:43 AM
Originally posted by WARF
It's a shame this band will be forever known for their hair band power ballad.... dreams...

Ya think Warf? What about all their other stuff?

manwiththedogs
09-08-2004, 01:00 AM
Nancy was, is and will always be one of the hottest women in music, and one hell of a guitarist to boot. Ann Wilson is still a damn good vocalist, the new dvd is awesome.

EbDawson
09-08-2004, 03:02 AM

I think they're more known for their earlier stuff: Magic Man, Barracuda, Crazy on You, etc. That's what I remember when I think of them.

WARF
09-08-2004, 04:31 AM
I love the earlier stuff... but I remember them with the poofy hair... in dreams... maybe cuz i'm a young'n...

EbDawson
09-08-2004, 06:57 AM
I love the earlier stuff... but I remember them with the poofy hair... in dreams... maybe cuz i'm a young'n...

Probably so. I alwasy liked the 70's version of the band with Michael Deroshier (sp?)on drums and Roger Fisher on guitar. You know, Fisher was banging Ann and Deroshier was banging Nancy. Then in the early 80's the girls kicked the those guys out of the band. Oh well.

SweetSecrets
09-08-2004, 07:59 PM

Everybody always criticises them for the 80's stuff they did, but I think it was cool. Yea, there was evidence of a little cheese, but it was easily overlooked by me. I thought it was cute. Yes, this is the girly girl in me talking! I can't deny it! I like Dreams. I think it is a great song! I love the lyrics....they have that whole magical mysterical Zeppeliny thing going on. I totally relate to that!

Also, in the 2002 US tour, Mike Inez (former bassest for Alice in Chains) toured with them as their bass player. You can see for yourself on the recent Seatle show DVD. He didn't seem to mind playing DREAMS! This is the guy who used to play the rockin bass lines to songs like "Man in the Box," "Down in a Hole," and "Rooster"! I totally respect that in a musician....being open to all kinds of music. Not to mention he also plays with Ozzy. I think he was the bass player for Ozzy on this last Oz Fest, or maybe it was two years ago. Anyway....he's about as hard core as it gets, yet he wasn't afraid to play the cheesy 80s Heart songs in front of the entire world. He respects the music of Heart for what it is. On the DVD, before playing Dreams with them, he held up a picture of Lane Staley (former Lead Singer of Alice in Chains....recently overdosed). You guys/gals should check it out.

Alice in Chains and Heart! Two of many great bands to come out of the Seattle Music scene! Classics!

ClubDave
09-08-2004, 10:23 PM
if youve seen that infomercial with roger daltry that is like, a half n hour long about the classic rock cd's and they show all the videos for the songs........they show a clip of heart doing crazy on you live........and it is in the real early days, and oh my god ann is so fucking amazingly hot.........that was definately the high point of her hotness to me

ClubDave
09-08-2004, 10:25 PM

WARF, it sounds like you are a van hagar fan 20 years from now who finally realized how cheesy they were/are

Diver Down NJ
09-09-2004, 11:58 AM
They have a new album, Jupiter's Darling, that is supposed to be a return to their '70s style. I downloaded it but haven't listened yet.

Warham
09-09-2004, 01:59 PM
I think Heart's known for their 70's stuff more.

SweetSecrets
09-09-2004, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by Warham
I think Heart's known for their 70's stuff more.

Well this is definitely true, but the 80s stuff isn't horrible.

Warham
09-10-2004, 06:39 AM
I think their 80's stuff fits the type of band they were very well.

And of course they hired Robert 'Mutt' Lange as their producer. That's sure to turn you sell-out real quick.

rustoffa
09-10-2004, 09:32 AM
I got the Little Queen/Dog & Butterfly/Bebe Le Strange box set for christmas.

Excellent stuff.

Hummarstra
09-11-2004, 06:54 PM
SweetSecrets, I live in NYC now, but I grew up in Knoxville!!! So, Howdy.

Yes, the Heart DVD is GREAT!! Everybody should pick it up.

QUESTION: Does anyone know why Anne became so fat? I once heard it had something to do with a thyroid problem, but I don't know for sure.

SweetSecrets
09-12-2004, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by Hummarstra
SweetSecrets, I live in NYC now, but I grew up in Knoxville!!! So, Howdy.

Yes, the Heart DVD is GREAT!! Everybody should pick it up.

QUESTION: Does anyone know why Anne became so fat? I once heard it had something to do with a thyroid problem, but I don't know for sure.

Ah, very cool! So it is probably easy in guessing who you favor in SEC football?:D