PDA

View Full Version : Australian Open

Elitest
01-23-2004, 05:25 PM
Agassi and Roddick both thru to the last 16 !

DLR7884
01-23-2004, 06:49 PM
I haven't watched a tennis match from start to finish in about 10 years.

That sport has absolutely no stars left. Agassi is old, Roddick is a douchebag, and those bitches who play are all fucking doped up trannies.

DLR7884
I'll pass on tennis.

Va Beach VH Fan
01-23-2004, 07:41 PM
I stopped watching after Anna stopped wearing those low-cut blouses....

:D

Elitest
01-24-2004, 02:22 AM
Originally posted by DLR7884
I haven't watched a tennis match from start to finish in about 10 years.

That sport has absolutely no stars left. Agassi is old, Roddick is a douchebag, and those bitches who play are all fucking doped up trannies.

DLR7884
I'll pass on tennis.

DLR7884!!!! HURRAH!!!!
How are you!!!!!

????????????????????????

missed you this past ..what... 17 months ?

WHERES THE CAPS????

Elitest
01-25-2004, 04:13 PM
Agassi and Roddick thru to the last 8....................

Elitest
01-27-2004, 08:33 AM
Agassi thru as Grosjean retires hurt....WALKOVER PUTS AGASSI INTO SEMIS

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Andre Agassi reached the semi-finals of the Australian Open after Sebastien Grosjean became the latest player to withdraw injured from the tournament.
Agassi took little satisfaction from the manner of his passage, which is technically his 26th consecutive victory at the Australian Open.

The American was 6-2 2-0 ahead before Grosjean suffered groin strain and withdrew for fear of causing himself further damage.

"It's not a good way for anything to end," said Agassi. "I would have preferred to finish the match, no question.

"It's not that I feel like now I'm not prepared but you just don't want any match to end that way.

"He said he had pulled his groin in the fourth game of the first set and that it was getting worse.

"It's disappointing and unfortunate that a match would ever have to end that way for the sake and the health of the player, also for the spectators. It's not a good situation."

The 33-year-old fourth seed hit the ground running to break the Frenchman twice in the opening set and move ahead in the second before Grosjean called time.

"I try to work hard from the first point because time on court goes by very quickly," said Agassi.

"It was hard work early but I managed to get the upper hand there. Up until that point in the match I was feeling really good.

"There was still a lot of tennis left so it's just unfortunate it ended that way."

Agassi will face either Andy Roddick or Marat Safin in the semi-final.

well its Safin....!!

RODDICK OUT!!!!
SAFIN OUSTS RODDICK IN CLASSIC FIVE-SETTER

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Marat Safin ended the hopes of top seed Andy Roddick in a five-set epic in the quarter-finals of the Australian Open.
The unseeded Russian had to battle through three hours, 23 minutes for a magnificent 2-6 6-3 7-5 6-7(0-7) 6-4 victory.

"He started really well and he's improved a lot since the last time we played," said Safin.

"He serves so good, improved his volley, his backhand is great and his forehand is one of the best in tennis and it is tough to hold it on the baseline with him."

Safin has battled back from an injury troubled 2003 and played over 15 hours of tennis these last 10 days to reach the semi-finals so he is looking forward to clashing with Agassi.

"Let's be realistic. How many hours have I spent this week on the court? He didn't spend even half of it," he said

"He is a great player and for me it will be nice to play with him in a semi-final. I am back, that is the most important thing for me, I will try and play my best tennis and see what happens."

Roddick continued his dazzling form to break Safin three times in the opening set and the Russian then called for a trainer to work on his groin at the beginning of the second set.

But he took a drink, swallowed a tablet from the physio and came out a changed man. Safin held serve for only the second time in the match and then broke Roddick to enforce a dramatic sea-change.

Safin was effective at the net and unleashed a number of punishing groundstrokes to cement his advantage and then levelled the piece at one set all.

By now his injury concerns seemed forgotten as he produced a third set of wonderful all-court tennis, full of clever volleys, blistering passing shots and subtle lobs that even had Roddick applauding.

There were few points against the serve until, once again, Roddick was serving to save the set. Safin moved 15-40 up and a snatched forehand into the net from the American sealed the set.

Roddick was beginning to get vocal, with himself and also umpire Gerry Armstrong as the fourth set, which lacked nothing for thrilling tennis but went with serve until once again the American was faced with saving the match.

At 4-5 he succeeded, at 5-6 he succeeded and then Roddick dominated the tiebreak to claim it 7-0.

He carried that momentum on but could not break when the Muscovite went into his shell for the first few games of the deciding set and it proved costly when Safin broke for a 5-4 lead.

Roddick earned two break back points but Safin saved both and then the world number 86 earned a remarkable victory.

POJO_Risin
01-27-2004, 04:52 PM
Roddick is going to lose his number 1 as well...

Elitest
01-28-2004, 02:54 AM
Ferrero thru to meet federer or Nalbandian in the other semi..

GO ANDRE!!!! PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESE!!!!!!!!

POJO_Risin
01-29-2004, 01:18 AM
Who will get number 1 now?

Safin?

It surely can't be Agassi...

POJO_Risin
01-29-2004, 01:19 AM
Boy...is the Australian Open the forgotten major or what...moving it from December to January...and the fourth the first major...

has done absolutely freakin' nothing...

they need to go back to grass...

POJO_Risin
01-29-2004, 01:21 AM
Or...they need to smoke some grass...

who's in the women's bracket anyways?

Christ...tennis really isn't that good anymore...

nobody gives a rat's ass about the William's sisters...then there's those Belgian chicks that people care less about...

and without Agassi...nobody would give a shit about men's tennis...other than the fact that Roddick is dating a hottie...but a prude...

DLR7884
01-29-2004, 12:54 PM
Golf replaced tennis as a popular sport when Tiger hit the scene.

DLR7884
Tennis is boring as shit.

Elitest
01-31-2004, 01:22 PM
Tennis is very very good..anyone who saw the Safin v Agassi match cant deny that was a terrific bit of spectator aport...I will be up in the middle of the night to watch the final..I will be rooting for Safin but Federer looks unbeatable at this stage....