09-05-2004, 02:26 PM
I can see my Les Paul will fit in well in Sydney.:cool:

Igosplut
09-05-2004, 02:29 PM
Is that his place??

Only WOMEN have white carpet!!!!!

SweetSecrets
09-05-2004, 03:13 PM
It's not white! It's a light tan color! Are you colorblind? Who gives a shit about the carpet anyway??!! Look at the fucking music gear, man!

SweetSecrets
09-05-2004, 03:20 PM
LOL

Big Troubles
09-05-2004, 03:21 PM
nice gear, but Igo is right. That's white. ;)

SweetSecrets
09-05-2004, 03:26 PM
HA ha ha! No it's not!! You guys need to make an appointment with the eye doc!

SweetSecrets
09-05-2004, 03:27 PM
What, are you guys interior decorators or something?

Big Troubles
09-05-2004, 03:33 PM
Im just fuckin' with ya. Nice gear though. I dont see any effects. Is all you need in the stack? Seperate gains, chorus and flanger no doubt?

SweetSecrets
09-05-2004, 03:38 PM
Oh he's got his fare share of Boss effects. I do think that the Marshall JCM 800 has a fabulous sound in itself (effects aside). The one's I've played do at least. If you have a good guitar, with this amp you almost don't need effects for a lot of things.

SweetSecrets
09-05-2004, 03:38 PM
"fair share" (oops, my spelling!)

Big Troubles
09-05-2004, 03:40 PM
true enough. I hear it almost doesn't matter about the guitar, its all amp and technique? (been playing for several months, self taught) I have quite a few effects on a shit $200 Vibe amp and Strat copy-cat guitar. I find you really got to ticker with the effects and gain to get a good warm sound.

SweetSecrets
09-05-2004, 03:40 PM
The 50 watt version sucks. That's what I play on. It's been tweeeked up now so it sounds incredible. Before, however, it was a piece.

His is a 100 watt.

SweetSecrets
09-05-2004, 03:41 PM
What effects do you use??

Big Troubles
09-05-2004, 03:41 PM
Im pushing 50 watts now.

Big Troubles
09-05-2004, 03:42 PM
But I have a wife and 2 kids, so I can't really get too loud anyways. :D

Big Troubles
09-05-2004, 03:43 PM
always use my MT 2 metal Dist. Always ticker with the Phase shifter. Always play with the Dunlop wah. Sometimes use the Stereo Flanger. Very rare do I use my DD6 Delay pedal. Was $300 new, and I dont find it all that valuable to my playing. Maybe someday it will come in handy?

Big Troubles
09-05-2004, 03:45 PM
I use zero gain, 1/3 distortion, low shifting and min Flanger for a nice Eddie sound. (thats about as close as I can get) Other than that, I will turn the Distortion pedal right down, turn up the gain and lose the flanger to get another Ed sound. Closer to the demo sounds. (Zero and After Zero)

SweetSecrets
09-05-2004, 03:46 PM
I'm self-taught too!!! Shall I brag for us?....Those are the best players I think! Self taught guitar players learn everything in a more authentic way so as it is self-initiated. When you are in control of your own learning, the learning that occurs is far more meaninful than the learning that is hand fed by someone else. (This is the teacher in me speaking! It is called "Constructivism" in educational terms. It means that one learns best through his/her own construction of knowledge gained from his/her own experiences. As a teacher I stive to create a stimulating enviroment for the children I teach, so that these types of "self-initiateD" learning experiences can occur........LOOK AT ME RAMBLING!! ha!) Anyway, that is why being self-taught is a marvelous thing! You understand the value of learning beyond performance.

SweetSecrets
09-05-2004, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by Big Troubles
Im pushing 50 watts now.

Well, there are some great 50 watters....the JCM one I have sucked before it was tweeked, though. What 50 watt do you play?

SweetSecrets
09-05-2004, 03:49 PM
But I have a wife and 2 kids, so I can't really get too loud anyways. :D

You should encourage them to CRANK up with you. I think that sometime during my teaching this year, I am going to bring my gear to school and crank up for the kids. There is nothing better than going from learning fact families to learning the difference between distortion and tone. Hehehehe! Children are our future! I bet yours are adorable! Do they cause you "Big Trouble"?

Big Troubles
09-05-2004, 03:51 PM
I agree. Id like to learn scale more, but other than that, I dont want a teacher telling me that it "sounds good." I am pretty hard on myself when Im playing. Its been 7 months of self taught EVERYTHING on the guitar, to the names of the parts to effects to the actual playing, and I think this way teaches a person the best possible way of experimental playing as well. I find myself playing along to ANY song, my own way. For example, I can play, say, the Go Go's "she's got the beat", and play the guitar along with it, alot harder than they did, and it sounds pretty decent. Solos are a different story. I have a lot of trouble picking fast enough for it to sound smooth, but I guess that will come in time.

PS Pay no attention to the Go Go's thing. Im an 80's guy, and I find alot of the 80's tunes are easier to play along to than anything recent. :D Also I "try" to play along to all the VH pre-5150, but including 5150. :D

SweetSecrets
09-05-2004, 03:52 PM
always use my MT 2 metal Dist. Always ticker with the Phase shifter. Always play with the Dunlop wah. Sometimes use the Stereo Flanger. Very rare do I use my DD6 Delay pedal. Was $300 new, and I dont find it all that valuable to my playing. Maybe someday it will come in handy?

I like the Boss MT2! IT gets a pretty good distortion sound. Stereo flange can be fun! I usually play with a VOX wah....but I am still experimenting. Have you ever tried the Bad Horsie wah?

Big Troubles
09-05-2004, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by SweetSecrets
You should encourage them to CRANK up with you. I think that sometime during my teaching this year, I am going to bring my gear to school and crank up for the kids. There is nothing better than going from learning fact families to learning the difference between distortion and tone. Hehehehe! Children are our future! I bet yours are adorable! Do they cause you "Big Trouble"?

No my kids and wife are great. No Big troubles there. :D Wife isn't thrilled with electric guitar at all. lol She will make that "face" when she comes in while Im playing. Kids love it though. My 8 yr old son LOVES DLR and Classic VH, which is cool. His name is Dustin Roth. Also wife and I were married Oct 10th 1992. Yeah, I need help.:cool:

Big Troubles
09-05-2004, 03:54 PM
never tried the bad horsie wah. Does it do what I think it does?

Big Troubles
09-05-2004, 03:55 PM
Ive been trying to get weird animal sounds out of that guitar. :D That would be perfect.

Big Troubles
09-05-2004, 03:57 PM
I have to go now, but its been great chatting with you! Lets shoot the breeze again sometime. It was a pleasure!

chris

SweetSecrets
09-05-2004, 04:02 PM
I agree. Id like to learn scale more, but other than that, I dont want a teacher telling me that it "sounds good." I am pretty hard on myself when Im playing. Its been 7 months of self taught EVERYTHING on the guitar, to the names of the parts to effects to the actual playing, and I think this way teaches a person the best possible way of experimental playing as well. I find myself playing along to ANY song, my own way. For example, I can play, say, the Go Go's "she's got the beat", and play the guitar along with it, alot harder than they did, and it sounds pretty decent. Solos are a different story. I have a lot of trouble picking fast enough for it to sound smooth, but I guess that will come in time.

PS Pay no attention to the Go Go's thing. Im an 80's guy, and I find alot of the 80's tunes are easier to play along to than anything recent. :D Also I "try" to play along to all the VH pre-5150, but including 5150. :D

That rocks! I am the same way. That is what I think the meaning of music is! So many people seem to forget that music is an outlet for your own expression and creativity. All these music teachers teach by the book...teaching all of the things that others have played, unopen to the application of one's own personal stamp. They forget to acknowledge the importance of using other's ideas simply as a stimulator of influence for your own ideas. The beauty is the freedom we possess through music as an art. I see a song that someone has written as a part of someone's soul which has made itself known to the outside world and the many various interpretation that may follow. They, of course, should still be respectful to the original creator! Spammy needs to remember that.

SweetSecrets
09-05-2004, 04:05 PM
never tried the bad horsie wah. Does it do what I think it does?

Lets just say, "It's different!" (Think: Steve Vai....He's the one who designed it, if that tells you anything!) It's fun to experiement with. You should try it!

SweetSecrets
09-05-2004, 04:07 PM
No my kids and wife are great. No Big troubles there. :D Wife isn't thrilled with electric guitar at all. lol She will make that "face" when she comes in while Im playing. Kids love it though. My 8 yr old son LOVES DLR and Classic VH, which is cool. His name is Dustin Roth. Also wife and I were married Oct 10th 1992. Yeah, I need help.:cool:

Congratulations on having such a wonderful family. I wish you the best of memories with them. ;)

SweetSecrets
09-05-2004, 04:09 PM
Ive been trying to get weird animal sounds out of that guitar. :D That would be perfect.

Yea that's always cool! Eddie did that alot, didn't he? He did elephants, horses, and monkeys and stuff. That rocks! Very experimentally inventive!:D

SweetSecrets
09-05-2004, 04:10 PM
I have to go now, but its been great chatting with you! Lets shoot the breeze again sometime. It was a pleasure!

chris

Until next time!! Peace be with you, Chris!:p

smaz
09-05-2004, 04:20 PM
If you two don't mind me joining in... I'm a self taught bass player, I've been playing for four months now. I'm not bad, but I hate the question 'you any good?' because what's good to some people is awful to others. Also I'm not big headed and like to boast and show off. I think teaching yourself is the best way, because you come up with a style you like and play how you like to play, not how somebody else wants you to play. I don't have an amp yet as (a) I can't afford a decent one and (b) I don't need one. I'm borrowing my friends 20 watt (I think) amp to practice at home on, and at band practices I play through the vocalists 100 watt speakers with him. He managed to get them for free from his Dad's friend. Lucky Bugger....

SweetSecrets
09-05-2004, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by smaz
If you two don't mind me joining in... I'm a self taught bass player, I've been playing for four months now. I'm not bad, but I hate the question 'you any good?' because what's good to some people is awful to others. Also I'm not big headed and like to boast and show off. I think teaching yourself is the best way, because you come up with a style you like and play how you like to play, not how somebody else wants you to play. I don't have an amp yet as (a) I can't afford a decent one and (b) I don't need one. I'm borrowing my friends 20 watt (I think) amp to practice at home on, and at band practices I play through the vocalists 100 watt speakers with him. He managed to get them for free from his Dad's friend. Lucky Bugger....

(JUST TO NOTE: I love when certain threads, meant to talk about something in particular, end up taking those involved somewhere compeltely different in conversation!)

Hey Smaz, my English rockin' friend! Yea, jump on in here!

I am actually in the same predicament as you. I say I play on a Marshall JCM 800, but really I don't own my own amp. I live with a guitar teacher who has like every piece of music gear you could possibly dream of playing on, and the amp is technically his! I own my Gibson Les Paul and my Ibanez acoustic AE, but am horribly and utterly AMPLESS!! My reasons are the ame as yours "(a) I can't afford a decent one" as I will not buy music equipment that is only half-ass in my mind, but was all I could afford at the time; and "(b) I don't need one" because my living situation allows me to rock, regardless, on pretty much my choice of awesome gear!:D

smaz
09-05-2004, 05:10 PM
Living with someone with loadsa music gear, now that would be great. Also the other thing is if I bought a bigger amp (50 watt and over) then I wouldn't be able to turn it up too loud at home - parents would get pissed off - and I wouldn't be able to get it to band practices because my parents work so I couldn't get it dropped off anywhere. So there really isn't much point in me having one. But when I'm older, I'll have amps as big as me :)

Also back on subject, your Les Paul will fit in well, with that Cream/Tan colour carpet, not white :)

SweetSecrets
09-05-2004, 05:18 PM
Living with someone with loadsa music gear, now that would be great. Also the other thing is if I bought a bigger amp (50 watt and over) then I wouldn't be able to turn it up too loud at home - parents would get pissed off - and I wouldn't be able to get it to band practices because my parents work so I couldn't get it dropped off anywhere. So there really isn't much point in me having one. But when I'm older, I'll have amps as big as me :)

Oh yea! You still have the dilemma of living with the parents! That makes sense. How much longer until you move out into the world on your own?

SweetSecrets
09-05-2004, 05:19 PM

Also back on subject, your Les Paul will fit in well, with that Cream/Tan colour carpet, not white :)

Yea no kidding! It's biege I think! ;)

smaz
09-05-2004, 05:47 PM
I'll probably move out between 2-4 years?? Depends on when I can really. But I can learn to drive soonish I think, so I would be able to transport an amp around myself. If I wanted an amp, I could save up four four weeks and be able to buy a fairly decent one, or get a better one after 6 weeks. The other thing is I need either a hrad case or a large gig bag/soft case whatever it is. I have an awkward shaped bass - fairly similar to Panamarks - and it doesn't fit in the one I have. I can get it in, but about an inch sticks out and the bag is streched to an awkward shape and is a bugger to carry.

Also, you'll find out the colour of the carpet when you go, and you can tell us all.

SweetSecrets
09-05-2004, 06:15 PM

Also, you'll find out the colour of the carpet when you go, and you can tell us all.

Aint that the truth??!!;)

smaz
09-05-2004, 06:27 PM
Well I'm gonna have to a Big Troubles and leave now, but I'll be back!! See Ya!!

Panamark
09-06-2004, 05:47 AM
Originally posted by Igosplut
Is that his place??

Only WOMEN have white carpet!!!!!

IGO ! I didnt pick the carpet, its not white BTW.
Hey dude, you seem to have a real knowledge
of all these colors and feminine interior design
ideas, etc, you are not trying to get a gig on
Queer Eye by any chance ?? :p

Ya Bugga ! :D

Igosplut
09-06-2004, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by Panamark
IGO ! I didnt pick the carpet, its not white BTW.
Hey dude, you seem to have a real knowledge
of all these colors and feminine interior design
ideas, etc, you are not trying to get a gig on
Queer Eye by any chance ?? :p

Ya Bugga ! :D

HA!

My interior decorating skills declined severely after the last time I rode my Harley through the front door, footpeg catching the door frame tearing it out and hitting the couch.......

I started going thur the back door after that. The oils easyer to get off the kitchen floor........

Susie Q
09-06-2004, 10:40 AM
HA!

My interior decorating skills declined severely after the last time I rode my Harley through the front door, footpeg catching the door frame tearing it out and hitting the couch.......

I started going thur the back door after that. The oils easyer to get off the kitchen floor........

Ooof! If I was yer ol' lady, I would kick your ass! LOL

Mark, still though...nice gear, and looks like ya keep a neat house. Sweetsecrets is gonna like that! :)

SweetSecrets
09-06-2004, 03:52 PM
I know this already!!

smaz
09-06-2004, 04:18 PM
When you going to see Panamark??

BrownSound1
09-07-2004, 02:24 AM
I like the gear except for one thing....that guitar has a Kahler on it. I guess P'Mark is all into the Rock of Ages/Photograph/Foolin' Def Leppard era....Phil Collen would be proud bro. :D

Panamark
09-07-2004, 04:13 AM
Originally posted by Brownsound1
I like the gear except for one thing....that guitar has a Kahler on it. I guess P'Mark is all into the Rock of Ages/Photograph/Foolin' Def Leppard era....Phil Collen would be proud bro. :D

Actually, "Pyromania" and "On through the Night" (I think that was the other one) were the only Def Leppard I liked. I bought that destroyer before I saw Phil Collen play the same guitar. Naturally it was cool
seeing my guitar being played on TV ! But I didnt choose it because
of Def Lep...

Its an 85 model and has the sweetest action of any guitar
Ive played. And Ive owned the lot ! Les Pauls, Strats, Teles.
In fact I also have two fenders at the moment.. Its actually getting
fully restored as we speak...

Panamark
09-07-2004, 07:49 AM
HA!

LOL ! :D

You crazy fucker.

You will just have to bolt some retractable footpegs on that HOG !
Fuck the backdoor ! Get your priorities right man ! :p

SweetSecrets
09-08-2004, 07:26 PM
When you going to see Panamark??

soon :D

ELVIS
09-08-2004, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by Susie Q
Ooof! If I was yer ol' lady, I would kick your ass! LOL

No you wouldn't, you married Dennis!

Haha!

I couldn't resist...:D

ELVIS
09-08-2004, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by Brownsound1
I like the gear except for one thing....that guitar has a Kahler on it.

My Les Paul that was stolen had a factory Kahler on it...

The best whammy I ever had...

Panamark, you should do something about this lovefest between Big Troubles and your woman...

Fuck that bullshit!

I would kill him...

I thought you Aussies were tough...

:elvis:

Panamark
09-09-2004, 05:46 AM
G'day ELVIS,

I agree, I love the kahler trem.

We Aussies are tough, mate ;)

I watch the lines. You think they have been crossed ?

Mate, I totally trust her.

SweetSecrets
09-09-2004, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by ELVIS
My Les Paul that was stolen had a factory Kahler on it...

The best whammy I ever had...

Panamark, you should do something about this lovefest between Big Troubles and your woman...

Fuck that bullshit!

I would kill him...

I thought you Aussies were tough...

Geez!! Come on! :) There aren't that many women out there to talk music gear with. For me to talk music with someone, 9 times out of 10, its a guy. There is no love fest going on. I am simply a friendly person, who likes to make collaboartive converstaion with other authentic individuals who appreciate music. Panamark is my lovefest! I bet that over half of my posts since I' ve been with the ARMY are in reference to him. He is my hero. Love ya babe (Panamark only).

SweetSecrets
09-09-2004, 07:13 PM
G'day ELVIS,

We Aussies are tough, mate ;)

I watch the lines. You think they have been crossed ?

Mate, I totally trust her.

I totally trust you too! You have no worries my darlin'!

SweetSecrets
09-09-2004, 07:14 PM
There is no one is the world but you babe!

BrownSound1
09-10-2004, 12:46 AM
I think my biggest beef with a Kahler is the locking nut being located behind a regular nut...just too much chance of binding there, because all of the ones I've played struggled to stay in tune compared to a Floyd. Kahlers did have some great ideas incorporated in them, with the rollers on the saddles and the cam system. Probably the coolest looking bar that ever was...except for the ultra-cheesy Flyer model.

GAR
09-11-2004, 05:00 PM
The Kahler requires just as much setup time as a Floyd - I've seen an equal number of lousey setups using both Floyd and Kahler bars, but Gibson jumped on the Kahlers early and factory installs I have seen were perfect every time.

Susie Q
09-18-2004, 10:32 PM
No you wouldn't, you married Dennis!

Haha!

I couldn't resist...:D

hah! I am still married to Denis too ;):o

Panamark
09-21-2004, 08:49 AM
Heres my two fenders:

http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=44035

Got some other guitars, will have to take some pics,
I'll also take some of the effects, seeing as a
wonderful lady dedicated a thread to me :)

Mr Grimsdale
09-21-2004, 04:55 PM
a cum coloured carpet!

Cathedral
09-22-2004, 05:14 AM
Nice stuff, Mark!
I also have a Kahler on my Charvel, but it isn't a top mount system.
I have the one that pretty much cloned the Floyd, and it still kicks ass after 20 years, and being rebuilt 3 times.

Parts for that fucker are hard to find nowadays, so when i see them in a music store i clean out the inventory without question.
Problem is, i'm all out of black replacement parts so next time it will have to settle for some chrome pieces.

The pot metal fine tuners are my only beef with it because the tension tends to crack them after a few years.

Panamark
09-22-2004, 05:20 AM
Originally posted by Mr Grimsdale
a cum coloured carpet!

Ive got carpet ???????????? :eek:

Oops.. forgot to polish the floorboards again....

Panamark
09-22-2004, 05:24 AM
Originally posted by Cathedral
Nice stuff, Mark!
I also have a Kahler on my Charvel, but it isn't a top mount system.
I have the one that pretty much cloned the Floyd, and it still kicks ass after 20 years, and being rebuilt 3 times.

Parts for that fucker are hard to find nowadays, so when i see them in a music store i clean out the inventory without question.
Problem is, i'm all out of black replacement parts so next time it will have to settle for some chrome pieces.

The pot metal fine tuners are my only beef with it because the tension tends to crack them after a few years.

Would you believe I found the original Gold Kahler (Same as the factory fitted one on the destroyer) in a guitar shop in sydney,
been sitting there in its original packaging, since the 80's !!!
I scored it for $100. My destroyer now has a shiny new gold
trem system, just like when I first bought it. Im getting some
scratches taken out of the axe at the moment, will post a pic
when I get it back. I Love the Kahler trem ! Always suited me.....

Cathedral
09-22-2004, 05:38 AM
Same here, for this Charvel the Kahler is the shit.
I had a white Charvel that was identical to my Black one that had a factory Floyd on it, but man, the white one was nowhere near the guitar my black one was.
I had to keep taking that one in to get adjusted like every other month until i just got tired of dealing with it and sold the damn thing.

I prefer the Floyd on other axes, just not on my main axe.

I have an old Aria-Pro RS Classic guitar that got the VH paint job and it has a system called an Act-1 trem on it.
It's the oddest trem i have ever seen and stayed in tune remarkably well for not having a locking nut.
All i ever did using it live was to put a couple of drops of 3 in 1 oil on the nut, and she wailed all night long.

I really need to get some new guts for that axe and restore it, I gutted it after i stopped using it for gigs and never got it back together.
It is now hanging on my bedroom wall over the bed, lol.

Panamark
09-22-2004, 05:49 AM
Dude ! You gotta give that old friend a new life !! :)

Cathedral
09-22-2004, 10:42 PM
Yep, sure do.
I have been thinking a lot about restoring it if i can find the wiring kit for it somwhere.
I haven't even started seeking out the parts yet, but all the hardware is there.

I'm thinking it will be a winter project.

The original finish is Pearl White and i left it intact under the VH stripe job.
I'v had this one since 1983, i think.

Panamark
09-23-2004, 10:10 AM
That beats me.. I think I bought the destroyer in 85..

Panamark
09-23-2004, 10:11 AM
Cant wait for you to show us your old Mate all working again ?

Cathedral
09-24-2004, 06:47 AM
That axe was pretty expensive for the time period i got it in. It had a price tag of $569.00 at Denny Heglin Music.

The only thing i didn't like about it was the 3 single coil pickups which led to my only regret by routing out the bridge section for a Dimarzio.
It will never be stock again.

It served me well for many years though as my back-up, pre-Van Halenization.
I used it a couple of times live after painting it, but had reservations about using Ed's trademark on stage.

Maybe i'll take it Jaman and have him re-wire it for me, the dude is a miracle worker when it comes to guitar construction.

Panamark
11-27-2004, 12:24 AM
Ok, I know Ive been slack here. But I have promised many people here to post pics of the results of restoration work done on my
beloved Destroyer II. I purchased this new in 85 and it literally has been through everything with me. Ive been up and down, broke and
poor, but this baby was one item I would never part with. (No matter the depths of poverty). It had seen many PUB gigs, studded belt scratches, dings and chips, you name it. The original gold and brass
hardware, including the tremolo system had corroded to the point where I had to use black replacement pieces in the tremolo system.

Anyhoo, as not to bore you all much longer, I found *THE* kahler
tremolo system that belongs with the destroyer, sitting in its orignal
plastic wrapping in a guitar store in Sydney. Got it for $100.
(Had been in that wrapping since the 80's !) This was meant to be !

I was also directed to Jeff Mallia, the finest luthier and guitar restorer
in OZ...

So several hundred dollars later, she is like the day I first set eyes
on her. The sweetest of ironies, is that I picked it up within 24 hours
of meeting the soulmate of my life for the first time. That was *SO*
fucking meaningful to me... Love you babe !

So heres some pics.. Any dudes in Oz that want restoration done,
Mallia Luthiery in Sydney !!! I nearly cried the guitar was so great
when I got it back..

Panamark
11-27-2004, 12:25 AM
PIC 1

Panamark
11-27-2004, 12:26 AM
PIC2

(Yes, thats my reflection !!)
Notice the orignal (new) tremolo and the buffed
brass knobs. I wish I had the before shots to post !
The paint job, which was a multi layered process
(took three months to get it back) is immaculate.

Panamark
11-27-2004, 12:28 AM
PIC3

(Notice the adhesive protective paper still on plate)

Panamark
11-27-2004, 12:30 AM
PIC4

Number 18 made in 85 ?

The dude that restored this paid great attention to assuring
all original serial numbers etc were left intact..

Panamark
11-27-2004, 12:33 AM
I brightened the pics so you could all see how flawless it is now.
This was an axe that had a serious amount of dings and scratches..
Was worth every cent to get it back...

Panamark
11-27-2004, 12:45 AM
Plays like a dream too ! They did a full setup and fret dress as part
of the restoration. SweetSecrets has played this guitar ;)

I tell ya, getting that guitar back and meeting my girl, life changing
experience. Would recommend it to anyone ! :D

Eyes of the Night
11-27-2004, 12:50 AM
I don't like the 3rd pickup!;) ...

You ruin it by putting it in let alone the fugly ivory colored looking placement holders:p ...

Panamark
11-27-2004, 12:53 AM
Eyes, its exactly as it was, when purchased, I didnt add a thing.
This guitar (to me) plays better than any Fender or Gibson I have
owned.. I wouldnt give it to you if you offered me $20,000 :p

How are your floating pieces of wood and dodgy trem system probs
going ?? :p

ELVIS
11-27-2004, 01:13 AM
Wow!

That's really nice !!

Who played one like that ?? One of the guys in Def Leopard ??

That new whammy really makes it...

Eyes, you're crazy!

The creme pickup rings and binding are the best...

I also love the three pickups!

Totally 80's and a real classic...

One of the few Ibanez guitars that I would even call classic...

Nice!

Panamark
11-27-2004, 01:16 AM
Heres the original Tremolo that I replaced, to give you a point of reference to how aged the guitar had become, and how great it
now looks again, back to full glory !!

Panamark
11-27-2004, 01:23 AM
Wow!

That's really nice !!

Who played one like that ?? One of the guys in Def Leopard ??

That new whammy really makes it...

Eyes, you're crazy!

The creme pickup rings and binding are the best...

I also love the three pickups!

Totally 80's and a real classic...

One of the few Ibanez guitars that I would even call classic...

Nice!

Thanks for the kind comments ELVIS !!

You sir are correct, Phil Collen from Def Lep played the
exact same axe on Pyromania, I do believe..

(The best Def Lep album !)

ELVIS
11-27-2004, 01:31 AM
Check out this Destroyer (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3764633810&indexURL=0&photoDisplayType=2#ebayphotohosting) on Ebay right now...

It has the stud mount Kahler that I'm looking for for my Agile...

http://i9.ebayimg.com/02/i/02/e5/1e/06_3.JPG

Panamark
11-27-2004, 01:37 AM
Nice !! Never seen a sunburst one before !!

Buy it Sir G !! If its a similar model to mine, you wont
be dissapointed !! :D

ELVIS
11-27-2004, 01:58 AM
Or this (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33043&item=3764030386&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW) one...

http://i14.ebayimg.com/02/i/02/df/c8/af_1_b.JPG

What many people do not realize is the fact that the "brown sound" that so many people try to achive with a Strat type guitar, is actually an Ibenez Destroyer...

Edward used his Destroyer on every song on the first three albums except for the songs where he uses a whammy...

He stopped playing it when he cut it up for the WACF album cover, because cutting that big chunk of the body away ruined the tone...

Eyes of the Night
11-27-2004, 02:38 AM
riight ...

that's why I don't want to cut a chunk out of my wolfie for it to be "true floating" ...

it's just a tailpiece chunk of wood though ... would that make a tonality difference?

Eyes of the Night
11-27-2004, 02:39 AM
How are your floating pieces of wood and dodgy trem system probs
going ?? :p

Awesome actually ... all I need now is a true innotation ... but basically got it to were it's suitable than before ...

Eyes of the Night
11-27-2004, 02:43 AM
What many people do not realize is the fact that the "brown sound" that so many people try to achive with a Strat type guitar, is actually an Ibenez Destroyer...

Hellarious, ... specially hearing that for the first time in ALL MY LIFE ...

Godamn! Learn something new everyday;) ...

ELVIS
11-27-2004, 02:45 AM
It's true...

It's also true that I spelled Ibanez wrong...:D

Eyes of the Night
11-27-2004, 02:59 AM
"it's just a tailpiece chunk of wood though ... would that make a tonality difference?"

That was a ? for you Elvis ...

It's 3 inches wide and a 1/4 length ...

ELVIS
11-27-2004, 03:42 AM
Oh, I see...

The answer is no...

Did you ever get is straight ??

I'm familiar with the Floyd Rose, though I don't own one, and I really don't like them...

They can work good, but I think they are alot of trouble, and I don't care for the sound...

I was looking for a diagram of a Wolfgang to see how it's installed...

I know they are set up as non-floating, but I would like to see how...

Does your bridge actually rest on the top of the body ??

Panamark
11-27-2004, 04:14 AM
Eyes, cant you stick a quarter in there ??
Isnt that Ed did :p

Eyes of the Night
11-27-2004, 04:18 AM
Elvis, it's set really about a 1/4 deep ... I think ...

If it's recessed then I'm fucked I guess ...

Thing is I have it floating now a whole step ... by raising 2 screws and loosening the springs ...

Panamark
11-27-2004, 04:19 AM
I get a great tone from the destroyer, straight into a JCM800..
No pedals.. I knew that Ed had used a Destroyer on the early
albums, but not to the extent that you mentioned, ELVIS.

I hated the way he butchered that guitar !!!

The destroyer is such a solid body, neck through body,
that I could see any changes to the wood density would
impact the sound...

Eyes of the Night
11-27-2004, 04:20 AM
Eyes, cant you stick a quarter in there ??
Isnt that Ed did :p

Buwahahaha!!! ... actually not a bad idea!;) ... never thought about that ...

ELVIS
11-27-2004, 04:32 AM
I knew that Ed had used a Destroyer on the early
albums, but not to the extent that you mentioned, ELVIS.

Yeah, it totally changes the imagination (correctly) of Edward recording the early material...

It's fun to pay attention to what he does in what song...

Edward was widely known for his dive bomb whammy technique, but when you listen closely, he hardly ever does it...

That's because with the Destroyer, he couldn't...

ELVIS
11-27-2004, 04:37 AM
Originally posted by Eyes
Elvis, it's set really about a 1/4 deep ... I think ...

If it's recessed then I'm fucked I guess ...

Thing is I have it floating now a whole step ... by raising 2 screws and loosening the springs ...

What do you want to do ??

Remove some wood so you can pull it way up ??

I think what you just described is how I set my American Strat trem to float...

They pivot on two screws as does a floyd, and I have the springs loose and the bridge slightly raised off the body...

I only do it this way because it's an easier way to keep a fender in tune...

Panamark
11-27-2004, 04:41 AM
Yeah, it totally changes the imagination (correctly) of Edward recording the early material...

It's fun to pay attention to what he does in what song...

Edward was widely known for his dive bomb whammy technique, but when you listen closely, he hardly ever does it...

That's because with the Destroyer, he couldn't...

Thats so cool ! :)

He obviously didnt have the Kahler.. I can dive-bomb !

ELVIS
11-27-2004, 04:46 AM
I'll bet that thing stays in tune good...

ELVIS
11-27-2004, 04:56 AM
I know some people might laugh, but the similarities between an Ibanez destroyer and my Agile AX2 Ghost are many...

The binding on the neck and body, the fretboard, frets, and inlays are very similar...

Laugh all you want, but I have, on many occasions put my prized Stratocasters down in favor of the sound of the Agile...

Nice solid instrument...

Panamark
11-27-2004, 04:59 AM
Yeah it never goes out.. On the rare occasions that it does, you just wang it again, and voila, back in tune !!

(I blame this on strings sticking somewhere, rather than a failing
of the trem system)

The fine tuners on the bridge/saddle are really cool too..
Very easy to work with...

HAMBOY
11-27-2004, 05:00 AM
Who cares what color the carpet is...as long as there are a plethora of panties on the floor tommorrow afternoon. Yeah, afternoon, I ain't seen th' morn in a while.

Panamark
11-27-2004, 05:04 AM
Originally posted by HAMBOY
Who cares what color the carpet is...as long as there are a plethora of panties on the floor tommorrow afternoon. Yeah, afternoon, I ain't seen th' morn in a while.

Panamark is too much of a gentleman to describe the panty
content on the floor :)

Needless to say, there is only one owner now....

ELVIS
11-27-2004, 05:08 AM
That non-description is almost a description in itself...

You should be ashamed of yourself, young man!

:D

HAMBOY
11-27-2004, 05:09 AM
Tru, just seein if anyone was out there. Nice guitar. I have a Vintage Mahogany Gibson Les Paul and a Marshall MG 100HDFX, although I just started playing...funny huh?

Panamark
11-27-2004, 05:14 AM
That non-description is almost a description in itself...

You should be ashamed of yourself, young man!

Yes and no ! :)

Hypothetical:

"If there was panties on the floor, they would belong to
just one person now"

Is that any better or am I just digging a hole ?? :D

Cut me some slack ya bugga's Im in love ! :)
There is only one lady for me now !!!

HAMBOY
11-27-2004, 05:16 AM
It's all good, whatever floats ya boat.

Ya know what Dave said:

"Many people think that the end has come when one marries and gets kids - to me it would be a wonderful new beginning" DLR

Panamark
11-27-2004, 05:18 AM
Tru, just seein if anyone was out there. Nice guitar. I have a Vintage Mahogany Gibson Les Paul and a Marshall MG 100HDFX, although I just started playing...funny huh?

Good setup for a beginner, dude !! Better start playing like it
belongs to ya :)

ELVIS
11-27-2004, 05:19 AM
Is that any better or am I just digging a hole ?? :D

Stop at once...:D

Panamark
11-27-2004, 05:19 AM
It's all good, whatever floats ya boat.

Ya know what Dave said:

"Many people think that the end has come when one marries and gets kids - to me it would be a wonderful new beginning" DLR

Thats fucking awesome ! Hits a nerve with me ..

ELVIS
11-27-2004, 05:21 AM
Marshall MG 100HDFX

http://www.makenmusicmd.com/images/marshallmg100dfx.jpg

ELVIS
11-27-2004, 05:23 AM
Thats fucking awesome ! Hits a nerve with me ..

Maybe that should be your Rothism...

Seeing that you don't have one...;)

HAMBOY
11-27-2004, 05:24 AM
Cool dude. Yeah I practice as much as I can, just need to crank that bad boy up. I (,to my little brother with a music theory and compostion major, plays drums, bass guitar and keys enjoyment,) adhere to the belief.."If it sounds good...it is good." Know whatta mean? I rock, that's what i've always done, I could rock with a spoon, a trash can lid, and a Tone Loc CD...at a Biker Bar mind you.

HAMBOY
11-27-2004, 05:26 AM
Yup, that's my amp, got it from musiciansfriend, my axe is the vintage mahogany. Oh yeah, I have a really good story about how I got my Gibson SG for 700$ brand new

ELVIS
11-27-2004, 05:27 AM
Cool dude. Yeah I practice as much as I can, just need to crank that bad boy up. I (,to my little brother with a music theory and compostion major, plays drums, bass guitar and keys enjoyment,) adhere to the belief.."If it sounds good...it is good." Know whatta mean? I rock, that's what i've always done, I could rock with a spoon, a trash can lid, and a Tone Loc CD...at a Biker Bar mind you.

You just described me...:D

Panamark
11-27-2004, 05:28 AM
Maybe that should be your Rothism...

Seeing that you don't have one...;)

I know good advice when I see it ! :D

HAMBOY
11-27-2004, 05:29 AM
here's my les paul

HAMBOY
11-27-2004, 05:30 AM
I haven't even strung the SG yet...don't know how. I know eveyone want to kill me. :)

Panamark
11-27-2004, 05:31 AM
Did my new Rothism show up ?

HAMBOY
11-27-2004, 05:32 AM
This is the drum machine i wanna get

ELVIS
11-27-2004, 05:32 AM
Yup !!

HAMBOY
11-27-2004, 05:33 AM
Y thats cool u liked the rothism, I have 2 Word documents full of his isms

ELVIS
11-27-2004, 05:34 AM
I haven't even strung the SG yet...don't know how. I know eveyone want to kill me. :)

Don't know how ???

ELVIS
I can teach ya...

HAMBOY
And this is the recording device i want

HAMBOY
11-27-2004, 05:35 AM
This kid won it for free, but he needed $ to fix his van. He offered $600, but i felt bad and suprised him with $700...still had plastic on the pick guard

ELVIS
11-27-2004, 05:37 AM
Yeah, the Mbox is cool...

Lexicon has a nice one too...

I'm looking into getting one of the two...

Eyes of the Night
11-27-2004, 05:38 AM
Fine tuners saved my ass realy ...

With trems once halfassley in tune have the fine tuners all the way up then at a 1/4-1/2 decreased tune the sum bitch ...

May take 3 tries depending how good your ear is ...

Height of the strings is a concern ... my highest E is way to low ... and I've mecanically tried to no avail ...

HAMBOY
11-27-2004, 05:39 AM
I just don't wanna mess it up, I was just gonna take it to a shop, I am goin to visit my bro, I will learn then, but I been learnin to play mainly rythym while singing. However, I will occasionally play a solo. The Darkness impressed me with that approach, but I already had that idea, so i agree. Music is life to me. Am I wierd...or an alien? :) sorry, it's 3:37AM here

HAMBOY
11-27-2004, 05:40 AM
I hate to take a break from this philosophy, but I gotta take a pee. Man, this philosophy runs right through ya....be right back

Eyes of the Night
11-27-2004, 05:41 AM
So I guess nevemind Elvis on that chunk of wood ... if it ain't broke don't fix it ...

but yeah, that's cool you do that with your fenders ...

Eyes of the Night
11-27-2004, 05:41 AM
I hate "the darkness" ... glam fags from hell:p

HAMBOY
11-27-2004, 05:44 AM
to each his own. It's all good. Anybody like Ween?

Panamark
11-27-2004, 05:45 AM
http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=309694

Hey this looks pretty cool !!

Ive been looking at various recording options, this
fucker is multitrack ?? I assume you get a console
control via PC ??

HAMBOY
11-27-2004, 05:48 AM
My bro reccomended it to me. Yes, PC. He told me: "Since you got the $ you should get that."

ELVIS
11-27-2004, 05:49 AM
Originally posted by Eyes
Height of the strings is a concern ... my highest E is way to low ... and I've mecanically tried to no avail ...

Your bottom string is too low on the fretboard ??

No adjustment left ??

Hmmm...

Probably from raising the bridge from the body...

As a last resort you can shim the neck pocket to get the required adjustment, but I don't like doing this...

ELVIS
11-27-2004, 05:50 AM
http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=309694

Hey this looks pretty cool !!

Ive been looking at various recording options, this
fucker is multitrack ?? I assume you get a console
control via PC ??

Correct!

ELVIS
11-27-2004, 05:51 AM
What is Ween ??

HAMBOY
11-27-2004, 05:52 AM
i dont even know how that thing works

Panamark
11-27-2004, 05:53 AM
Ive weened myself off many substances ??

Thanks Elvis ! Im going to look this M box up..
Might be on this weeks list of purchases :)

ELVIS
11-27-2004, 05:55 AM
Also look into a Tascam US-428...

You might like that...

HAMBOY
11-27-2004, 05:55 AM
i posted the m box. If u want to see it, go to www.musiciansfriend.com look under recording then subcategory usb or somethin like that

Panamark
11-27-2004, 05:57 AM
Theres so much cool shit around these days !!!!!

ELVIS
11-27-2004, 05:58 AM
Mind boggling...

HAMBOY
11-27-2004, 05:58 AM
What do I do at 3:56 AM...any suggestions? Besides sleep?

Panamark
11-27-2004, 06:00 AM
What do I do at 3:56 AM...any suggestions? Besides sleep?

Go hang out with some bakers ???

ELVIS
11-27-2004, 06:04 AM
Haha...

Check this out Mark...

Tascam US-428 (http://www.tascam.com/Products/US-428.html)

HAMBOY
11-27-2004, 06:06 AM
how much? $?

ELVIS
11-27-2004, 06:08 AM
I've seen it new on ebay for less that $400...

HAMBOY
11-27-2004, 06:09 AM
peace i am out

Panamark
11-27-2004, 06:09 AM
Haha...

Check this out Mark...

Tascam US-428 (http://www.tascam.com/Products/US-428.html)

Cool !!

But why would I buy this over Pro-tools and a good
A/D input device ??

Panamark
11-27-2004, 06:11 AM
Who was that masked HAMBOY ??

ELVIS
11-27-2004, 06:14 AM
Cool !!

But why would I buy this over Pro-tools and a good
A/D input device ??

That's exactly what this is, but with even more control...

This is also a USB interface...

HAMBOY
11-27-2004, 06:15 AM
The Breeze will gust again...one day like a Tsunami...
Hamboy(s)

ELVIS
11-27-2004, 06:18 AM
http://beatstreetmusic.com/images/us428_3.jpg

Ebay (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=41784&item=3763784469&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW) $349

Panamark
11-27-2004, 06:23 AM
That's exactly what this is, but with even more control...

This is also a USB interface...

Gotcha now !

Fucking looks pretty cool..
Now Im confused.. I was also thinking of one of those
Zoom MRS-80 multitracks. But this looks really good....

ELVIS
11-27-2004, 06:29 AM
For a computer guy, this might be the way to go...

Panamark
11-27-2004, 06:34 AM
Well that I be ! :D

Thankyou kind sir !!

ELVIS
11-27-2004, 06:36 AM
Anytime!

Nothing but the best for my friends!

Panamark
11-27-2004, 06:42 AM
Anytime!

Nothing but the best for my friends!

Long live the King ! :D

Panamark
11-27-2004, 07:30 AM
Y thats cool u liked the rothism, I have 2 Word documents full of his isms

I loved it ! Dude, you flew in like the loan ranger... gotta
give you a vote...... Good luck with that Gibson/Marshall combo ! :)

Eyes of the Night
11-27-2004, 09:27 PM
Your bottom string is too low on the fretboard ??

No adjustment left ??

Hmmm...

Probably from raising the bridge from the body...

As a last resort you can shim the neck pocket to get the required adjustment, but I don't like doing this...

I'm not shimming jackshit! lmfao ...

I'll take a chunk of wood out but I won't shimmy;) ...

Yeah man, it's like all the other strings are even but the high E is lower ... I must be missing something that I can't see on my Floyd ...

SweetSecrets
11-27-2004, 11:41 PM
Good to see my old thread I started is coming of use!

Took you guys long enough!

SweetSecrets
11-27-2004, 11:42 PM
Nice Rothism baby.

SweetSecrets
11-27-2004, 11:44 PM
By the way (EYES>>>PAY ATTENTION)....that guitar of Panamark's fucking rocks. I played it....did a couple metal gallops on it. I felt unworthy of such a metal instruament of the gods!....or should I say....***THE*** rock god!

It is so beautifuly re-done to. It is just waiting for the return of 1985! I can't wait to see Mark take it there.

But wait! I am coming too!

hehehe :)

ELVIS
11-28-2004, 12:34 AM
Hahaha...:D

Panamark
11-28-2004, 02:38 AM
It plays a lot better now after being touched by an Angel ;)