PDA

View Full Version : How about something POSITIVE?

Fabulous Shadow
09-06-2004, 02:54 PM
Most Useless Poster, Sheep Pen, Asshole Pen, Bashee of the Week, Katy did This, Katydid That... How about a thread giving someone props for a change? Afterall, Dave is a humanitarian. He's a people person. Other than the brothers I think he gets along with just about everyone. What do ya say we follow his lead and do something ROTH STYLE? Props instead of Drops?

freak
09-06-2004, 02:56 PM
I think people play a little too rough here for that to work out :D

SoCalChelle
09-06-2004, 04:01 PM
It's worth a shot though. Who would be your first nominee?

lms2
09-06-2004, 04:03 PM
????? Play nice boys and girls. Are there any side bets on how soon this turns into one of the above mentioned negatives?

freak
09-06-2004, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by lms2
????? Play nice boys and girls. Are there any side bets on how soon this turns into one of the above mentioned negatives? Negative personal slam in 5... 4... 3... 2...

freak
09-06-2004, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by SoCalChelle
It's worth a shot though. Who would be your first nominee?

Wow. I can't think of anyone here who hasn't shown their ass at least once (myself included)...

I like BigTroubles.
He sounds like a pretty good guy.

Panamark too for that matter.

Oh, gotta have Switch84 on the list.

Reverberator
09-06-2004, 06:57 PM
Oh, but you forget the verb, he is quite ok , and was the one to say Forget Katydid . giz sum votes .

lms2
09-06-2004, 07:17 PM
I think the only people open for nomination are the ones who don't post. I wonder if they would appreciate it?

freak
09-06-2004, 07:40 PM
I think the only people open for nomination are the ones who don't post. I wonder if they would appreciate it?

It's one of those "Tree falls in a forest" things.

SoCalChelle
09-06-2004, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by freak
Negative personal slam in 5... 4... 3... 2...

Shut up, freak!!!

j/k...couldn't resist ;)

Rebel
09-06-2004, 08:43 PM

LOL! The only thing positive is from people who don't say a damn thing.

LoungeMachine
09-06-2004, 08:45 PM
Gee, I guess nominating myself would be a little much

ah, fuck it

ME!!!

SoCalChelle
09-06-2004, 09:14 PM
Ok, seriously...I'd like to nominate Angel for this peace-making gesture http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&forumid=9&threadid=9312

MAX
09-06-2004, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by LoungeMachine
Gee, I guess nominating myself would be a little much

ah, fuck it

ME!!!

I'll second your nomination. :) Hell, you and I are on complete opposites of the political spectrum and we actually debated, both respectfully and without name-calling. That's a pretty tough thing to accomplish nowadays.

Cheers!

:gulp:

MAX
09-06-2004, 09:21 PM
Also, Chelle is being a pretty good keeper of the peace as well. :)

Fabulous Shadow
09-06-2004, 09:32 PM
I think it's asking alot to expect that there would be anyone here who has not made at least one stupid comment or had words with someone at one point or another. My idea was more like what Chelle has in mind, and I second here nomination of Angel. It could also be someone who makes a great post. Like the one POJO made in the "Will You Wait Thread" that has since been stickied in main, or someone posting a rare pic or a new article... I think we can call it...

THE ROTH AWARD... Agreed?

SoCalChelle
09-06-2004, 09:46 PM
Sounds good to me :)

Keep your eye on Loons The Great.....he's bound to post something noteworthy in no time at all. ;)

DrGrafenberg
09-07-2004, 07:49 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v320/DrGrafenberg/pos.bmp

lms2
09-07-2004, 07:51 AM
LMAO.

I am not quite sure that is the postive we are looking for here...

DrGrafenberg
09-07-2004, 08:05 AM
http://www.artsconnected.org/toolkit/watch_space_positive.cfm

DrGrafenberg
09-07-2004, 08:08 AM
http://www.positiveatheism.org/index.shtml

DrGrafenberg
09-07-2004, 08:33 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v320/DrGrafenberg/proof.jpg

Fabulous Shadow
09-07-2004, 03:58 PM
Ok then... Biggest Penis thread???

ZahZoo
09-07-2004, 05:13 PM
How's this for positive...?

ZahZoo
09-07-2004, 05:35 PM
This thread reminded me of something that happened over the weekend... I spent a lot of time with my 3 & 6 yr old daughters the last 3 days. Aside from the occasional things that bothers someone that age majority of thier lives is spent being happy and exploring the world around them.

Made me think... why do we start out as kids generally happy and playing and end up as adults, stressed and rarely taking the time to play and enjoy life?

I found an answer in my own mind... it's called focusing on the negative too much. I found myself recently not having a very good attitude and realized some of the areas I've been focusing my attention on which I believe is influencing my attitude and general approach to life... I have found myself facinated and continually following the war on terror, Afganistan, Iraq, etc... since 9/11. Whne I read the newspaper I find myself skipping over fluff and reading in detail about murder cases (Scott Peterson) and local crime more than human interest pieces.

I've even found myself gyrating toward the more negative aspects of the DLR/VH situation and becoming engrossed in a lot of the negative crap among the boards.

I think what I've done is become much too focused on the negative in life... now I don't see myself ignoring current events that shape the world but I don't have to bring it into my world with the frequency I have been... Like yesterday I was watching Fox news about the hurricanes, war, terrorism, etc... My daughter asked me if SpongeBob was on and I checked and we switched the channel over and I watched a half hour of that and felt a whole lot better about life and we got up and headed for the marina and spent the rest of the day on the boat and playing in the lake.

I skipped the morning paper and stayed off of the internet news sites all day. Stayed out of main here and a few others. Frankly I had a better work day than usual. In a few I'm going to play a round of golf w/ my wife and stay away from TV's. I realize when I focus on positives... I'm happier, healthier and much nicer to live with... I gotta keep this up and watch SpongeBob more often...

guwapo_rocker
09-07-2004, 06:33 PM
Marina? Boat? What are you doing in front of the TV for crying out

Loud??

lms2
09-07-2004, 07:27 PM
Alright then, Sorry, Fab. I just have to.

I POSITIVELY hate going back to work after a long weekend. :D

Jesus Christ
09-07-2004, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by ZahZoo
This thread reminded me of something that happened over the weekend... I spent a lot of time with my 3 & 6 yr old daughters the last 3 days. Aside from the occasional things that bothers someone that age majority of thier lives is spent being happy and exploring the world around them.

Made me think... why do we start out as kids generally happy and playing and end up as adults, stressed and rarely taking the time to play and enjoy life?

Matthew 18
1 At the same time came the disciples unto Jesus, saying, Who is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven?
2 And Jesus called a little child unto him, and set him in the midst of them,
3 And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.
4 Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven.
5 And whoso shall receive one such little child in my name receiveth me.
6 But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea.
7 Woe unto the world because of offences! for it must needs be that offences come; but woe to that man by whom the offence cometh!
8 Wherefore if thy hand or thy foot offend thee, cut them off, and cast them from thee: it is better for thee to enter into life halt or maimed, rather than having two hands or two feet to be cast into everlasting fire.
9 And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: it is better for thee to enter into life with one eye, rather than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire.
10 Take heed that ye despise not one of these little ones; for I say unto you, That in heaven their angels do always behold the face of my Father which is in heaven.
11 For the Son of man is come to save that which was lost.

lms2
09-07-2004, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by Jesus Christ
Matthew 18
1 8 Wherefore if thy hand or thy foot offend thee, cut them off, and cast them from thee: it is better for thee to enter into life halt or maimed, rather than having two hands or two feet to be cast into everlasting fire.
9 And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: it is better for thee to enter into life with one eye, rather than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire..

I think I have just received a divine message that I should do something about my boss. :confused:

seenbad
09-08-2004, 01:22 AM

I found an answer in my own mind... it's called focusing on the negative too much. I found myself recently not having a very good attitude and realized some of the areas I've been focusing my attention on which I believe is influencing my attitude and general approach to life... I have found myself facinated and continually following the war on terror, Afganistan, Iraq, etc... since 9/11. Whne I read the newspaper I find myself skipping over fluff and reading in detail about murder cases (Scott Peterson) and local crime more than human interest pieces.

I've even found myself gyrating toward the more negative aspects of the DLR/VH situation and becoming engrossed in a lot of the negative crap among the boards.

I think what I've done is become much too focused on the negative in life... now I don't see myself ignoring current events that shape the world but I don't have to bring it into my world with the frequency I have been... Like yesterday I was watching Fox news about the hurricanes, war, terrorism, etc... My daughter asked me if SpongeBob was on and I checked and we switched the channel over and I watched a half hour of that and felt a whole lot better about life and we got up and headed for the marina and spent the rest of the day on the boat and playing in the lake.

I skipped the morning paper and stayed off of the internet news sites all day. Stayed out of main here and a few others. Frankly I had a better work day than usual. In a few I'm going to play a round of golf w/ my wife and stay away from TV's. I realize when I focus on positives... I'm happier, healthier and much nicer to live with... I gotta keep this up and watch SpongeBob more often...

Oh shut up ya big softy puss. ;)

DrGrafenberg
09-08-2004, 03:14 AM

We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing!
I try to keep my mental age at about 12-13 :D

lms2
09-08-2004, 06:49 AM
I think you succeeded!

:D

Figs
09-08-2004, 09:24 AM
Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional.

I maybe pushing 40, but I'm very immature!

lms2
09-08-2004, 09:44 AM
and proud of it!

ZahZoo
09-08-2004, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by seenbad
Oh shut up ya big softy puss. ;)

I view it more as a happy hardass... :)

jacksmar
09-09-2004, 12:00 PM
A small list of positive stuff (in no particular order):

- Jackson USA SL1 & SL3
- Marshall JCM2000 DSL Dual Super Lead Valve Guitar Amplifier
- Charvel Model 1A
- Foot long Chili dogs
- Naked women
- Rollercoasters
- F1 racing
- More naked women
- London in the summertime
- Fishing in the nude
- Naked women calling my name
- Walking on my beach
- Payday
- More naked women with baby oil and a video camera and a digital camera
- Italian food
- Me Wise Magic
- A winning slot machine
- Back rubs and foot rubs, a massage
- Playing your music in front of 70k – 100k audience
- Nice hotel rooms
- Flying first class
- Foot long chili dogs with cheese
- Naked women playing twister
- A winning lottery ticket
- Beer
- Makers Mark
- Fondue with naked women
- King size beds with a 55 inch HDTV screen with remote and 5 naked women named Carol so I go could Caroling
- Hot tubs
- Guitar stays in tune
- Seafood
- Popcorn
- Go carts
- Fab Shadow in the morning with breakfast by room service and room service is delivered and served by naked women and not spilling my food
- Giving some Christmas gifts to people that wouldn’t have Christmas
- Real Van Halen reunion with the master frontman David Lee Roth
- New Years Eve concert with KISS
- A nice remote Caribbean beach with 3 naked women and a tanning oil orgy
:hula::hula: :hula:

Fabulous Shadow
09-09-2004, 02:44 PM
Good attitude ZZ but that may be harder for some... Like Pete who is reminded of the hurricane evertime he walks out his front door and sees the ruins of his community. Or me dealing with a broken marriage and raising a son without his father. What advice can you offer those who can't just turn off the TV?

FORD
09-09-2004, 03:38 PM
W stands for women???

Yeah, just like KKK stands for racial harmony :rolleyes:

Fabulous Shadow
09-09-2004, 03:44 PM
I Love you FORD... But I have decided to stick with BUSH!

SoCalChelle
09-09-2004, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by Fabulous Shadow
Good attitude ZZ but that may be harder for some... Like Pete who is reminded of the hurricane evertime he walks out his front door and sees the ruins of his community. Or me dealing with a broken marriage and raising a son without his father. What advice can you offer those who can't just turn off the TV?

Get out into the community and help people that are going through the same thing you've been through.

frenchie
09-09-2004, 06:16 PM
a positive thing:
when i wake up in the early morning and realise that the personn with me in the bed is still the most beautiful person in this world and realise how i love her!

freak
09-09-2004, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by FORD
W stands for women???

Yeah, just like KKK stands for racial harmony :rolleyes:

Now now Ford, How many women has George Bush lynched lately?