PDA

View Full Version : Kerry Cosponsored Bill Banning Gun He Waves

ELVIS
09-07-2004, 12:41 PM
XXXXX DRUDGE REPORT XXXXX TUE SEPT 07, 2004 11:46:05 ET XXXXX

http://us.news1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/rids/20040906/i/r2995855762.jpg

Was Dem presidential hopeful John Kerry seen this weekend waving a gun which would have been banned if legislation he co-sponsored became law?

Kerry co-sponsored S. 1431 last year (“The Assault Weapons Ban and Law Enforcement Protection Act of 2003) which would have banned a "semiautomatic shotgun that has a pistol grip.”

Opponents of the bill successfully argued how nearly all guns have "pistol grips," inluding millions of Browning Auto-5 shotguns produced since 1903.

Kerry was presented with the gun during a Labor Day stop in Racine, West Virginia.

"I thank you for the gift, but I can't take it to the debate with me," Kerry told a cheering crowd as he held up the device.

[Kerry's gun bill would also ban any "gift" transaction. Kerry did not submit to a waiting period or background check before he claimed the gun.]

Photos show Kerry's hand resting on the semiautomatic shotgun's "pistol grip."

Kerry's bill would ban millions of semi-automatics, including those with "pistol grips." [Section SEC. 2; (H) (ii)]

Developing...

:elvis:

Big Train
09-07-2004, 12:45 PM
He must not be aware of it yet and had the opportunity to open up the flop house yet..

FORD
09-07-2004, 01:22 PM
Doesn't look like an assault rifle to me :rolleyes:

jhale667
09-07-2004, 01:46 PM
You guys don't understand...He was in Racine, WV. You get a shotgun just for SHOWING UP.....;)...man, what a hovel that place is.

ELVIS
09-07-2004, 03:12 PM
"I thank you for the gift, but I can't take it to the debate with me,"

That's about the only way he would win a debate...

Can you imagine President Bush making that comment ??

FORD
09-07-2004, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by ELVIS
That's about the only way he would win a debate...

Can you imagine President Bush making that comment ??

Junior has no chance in an honest debate. That's why all you'll see is a pre-scripted Q & A session moderated by corporate mediawhores instead of an honest debate.

Pink Spider
09-07-2004, 03:56 PM
Bush is also for the assualt weapons ban.

Just thought I'd point that out.

ELVIS
09-07-2004, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by FORD
Junior has no chance in an honest debate.

That's just not true...

I can hear Kerry now on every question...I'M JOHN KERRY. I WENT TO VIET NAM. I HAVE THREE PURPLE HEARTS. I SERVED 20 YEARS IN THE SENATE. LOOK AT MY RECORD.

:rolleyes:

Jesus Christ
09-07-2004, 04:44 PM
He who lives by the sword shall die by the sword, My children.

Why do ye need guns?

ELVIS
09-07-2004, 04:50 PM
To shoot the jesus freaks...

Jesus Christ
09-07-2004, 05:20 PM
To shoot the jesus freaks...

That is not funny Gregory :mad:

For the day will come when those who kill you think they are doing Me a service.

alsip
09-07-2004, 05:24 PM
The problem with Kerry is that he is completely an empty vessel, with a lack of candor and a total paucity of original thought or leadership skill. It is only because of the exceptionally weak Democratic field (other than Lieberman who lacks charisma or leadership skill, an important element of a president) challenging this incumbent president that this incredibly shallow man got as far as he did.

Max, do not let Legal Aid corrupt you: besides his staunch support for Israel, Bush must be supported for the most important reason:

MUCH LOWER TAXES!!!

knuckleboner
09-07-2004, 05:40 PM
MUCH lower taxes?

you have a large, multimillion dollar estate you're planning on leaving to the kids? you selling liquidating a lot of shares of stock?

if not, the bush tax cuts aren't really much lower taxes for you.

but, unless he (and the congress) get on board eventually sizing up the budget deficits, a future president (republican or democrat) will have to raise 'em back up on you.

Jesus Christ
09-07-2004, 05:46 PM
Verily it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than it is for a rich man to enter the Kingdom of Heaven.

Worry not about tax cuts, my children, for ye shall always pay Caesar in one way or another. Instead, ye should concern thyselves with the least among you. And remember that how ye treat them, is how you treat Me.

John Ashcroft
09-07-2004, 05:59 PM
I got a nice tax break last year.

Oh, and Ford, you missed the point. The shotgun has a pistol grip, and therefore would be illegal had "The New JFK" had his way.

knuckleboner
09-08-2004, 12:42 AM
oh, the tax cuts were there. but they weren't exactly huge for the middle class.

in fact, if bush really wanted to help the middle class, he'd have indexed the AMT. that bitch catches more and more people each and every year.

but, it's kinda hidden. and it doesn't make for quite as nice a soundbite as, "i cut estate taxes so jethro could leave the family farm to his kids..."

Wayne L.
09-08-2004, 10:32 AM
John Kerry is the biggest hypocrite in the history in politics on every issue which is why he will lose by 4 or 5 points against George W. Bush in the presidential election in November because he doesn't believe what he's saying with his political rhetoric & is imploding day by day & neither does the American people believe him except naive, whining, anti-Bush, anti-war, far left Democrats.

JCOOK
09-08-2004, 11:24 AM
Herman do us all a favor an pull a Cobain

BigBadBrian
09-08-2004, 12:30 PM
Junior has no chance in an honest debate. That's why all you'll see is a pre-scripted Q & A session moderated by corporate mediawhores instead of an honest debate.

That's what algore thought. :gulp:

BTW - for you new guys around here, Gore is spelled "algore" as in the Monster and with no capital letters as he deserves no respect. :gulp:

TLR
09-08-2004, 10:41 PM
Trust me, I'm not remotely close to being a Kerry supporter...but, since when does someone have to submit to a background check or a waiting period unless they are purchasing a HANDgun? Just wondering...

ELVIS
09-08-2004, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by Jesus Christ
Verily it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than it is for a rich man to enter the Kingdom of Heaven.

Oh fuck off!

It's easier for FORD to pretend he's Jesus than to admit he's a paranoid delusional fat fuck who thinks he's too smart to join a church!

freak
09-08-2004, 10:50 PM

Ahhh, this must be why Al Gore nose-dived after their debates. :D

A man who's claim to fame is boning two heiresses for money, voting one way then talking another and dissing all servicemen in front of congress after serving only four months to later run for public office as a war hero has too much baggage to be effective in a debate. Too many stupid words that can be used against him.

Face it, Ford. The man is a throw-away candidate. A token gesture they tossed out there while they plan for 2008.

He ain't supposed to win nor is he giong to.

freak
09-08-2004, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by Jesus Christ
He who lives by the sword shall die by the sword, My children.

Why do ye need guns?

Swords are too messy. That's why.

FORD
09-08-2004, 11:21 PM
Oh fuck off!

It's easier for FORD to pretend he's Jesus than to admit he's a paranoid delusional fat fuck who thinks he's too smart to join a church!

Telling the Lord to "fuck off" isn't exactly a wise thing to do.

"Too smart to join a church??"

Really...... and which church did Jesus Christ belong to?

What I *AM* too "smart" to do is to let some right wing son of a bitch with his own agenda - which opposes the teachings of Jesus Christ 98% of the time - tell me what to think. That's the kind of church I grew up in. One whose "god" was Ronald Reagan, not Jesus Christ. And they probably worship Junior there now.

Am I too "smart" for that? You bet your ass I am.

As for God, I know where to find Him. I find Him in the mountains. On the beach. In the desert, which is where His own Son went to find Him. And I'll take that over a man made building filled with right wing antichrist politics any damn time.

ELVIS
09-08-2004, 11:35 PM
Telling the Lord to "fuck off" isn't exactly a wise thing to do.

I was talking to you. You're not the lord. Take your medicine...

"Too smart to join a church??"

Yes, that's right...

Really...... and which church did Jesus Christ belong to?

The church of Jesus Christ. Read your Bible.

What I *AM* too "smart" to do is to let some right wing son of a bitch with his own agenda - which opposes the teachings of Jesus Christ 98% of the time - tell me what to think. That's the kind of church I grew up in. One whose "god" was Ronald Reagan, not Jesus Christ. And they probably worship Junior there now.

Nobody is telling you what to think. Again, take your medicine...

Am I too "smart" for that? You bet your ass I am.

:rolleyes:

As for God, I know where to find Him. I find Him in the mountains. On the beach. In the desert, which is where His own Son went to find Him. And I'll take that over a man made building filled with right wing antichrist politics any damn time.

Stay out of church. Your choice, your loss...

:elvis:

DLR ROCKS123
09-08-2004, 11:47 PM
assualt shotguns the one he is holding in the pic is not a assualt shotgun i have attached the differnce between the two. crappy post

FORD
09-08-2004, 11:49 PM
What do I lose? I get to sleep in on Sunday, which is actually far more compatible with the concept of "a day of rest", wouldn't you say?

If being told where, when, what, and how to pray works for you, then by all means do so.

It doesn't work for me, and if God has a problem with it, he knows where to find me, and I know where to find Him.

DLR ROCKS123
09-08-2004, 11:58 PM
Also really I think everyone that's not a crook should be able to own a gun if they chosse to but as far as assualt weapons go im all for them being banned to the public they need to stay in the milatary where they belong. but to call the gun he is useing a assualt weapon what a joke. The one he has is more for shoting birds and target hunting. Also you say his hand is covering it up look how his hand is its at an angle not like a pistol grip. For the record I IMO I don't think W or Kerry is fit to lead our country I havent seen a good prez in my life time.

ELVIS
09-09-2004, 12:21 AM
What do I lose?

The bible says: faith comes through hearing...

FORD
09-09-2004, 12:26 AM
The bible says: faith comes through hearing...

Got a chapter and verse for that? And remember, as a great man of God* once said, "text without context is pretext"

* - Dr Martin Luther King

ELVIS
09-09-2004, 12:40 AM
Romans 10.17

Paul said, Faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the Word of God and what I have been presenting to you comes from the Word of God.

FORD
09-09-2004, 12:54 AM
Romans 10.17

Paul said, Faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the Word of God and what I have been presenting to you comes from the Word of God.

But Paul most likely wrote that while he was a "guest of the state" in Rome. Which means nobody actually was there to "hear" him. Indeed, most of Paul's contributions to the New Testament were letters that he wrote while either in prison, or on the run. So the definition of what it means to "hear" is considerably different in the context in which Paul wrote it than what you might think of in a 21st century church setting.

So if you "hear" the voice of God from listening to Scriptures in church - or even by reading them to yourself, then that's cool.

But what if you "hear" the voice of God in a setting that He created? Is that any less valid ? I say it's even more so, because it's unfiltered by man.

ELVIS
09-09-2004, 01:01 AM
Proverbs 3:5

Lean on, trust in, and be confident in the Lord with all your heart and mind and do not rely on your own understanding.

freak
09-09-2004, 01:13 AM
If there are two more volitile subjects than religion and politics, I know them not.

FORD
09-09-2004, 01:27 AM
Proverbs 3:5

Lean on, trust in, and be confident in the Lord with all your heart and mind and do not rely on your own understanding.

Reading that entire chapter in context, the point of it is that true wisdom and understanding are gifts that come from God.

Actually, the ending of the chapter seems oddly appropriate in these times.....

29 Devise not evil against thy neighbour, seeing he dwelleth securely by thee.
30 Strive not with a man without cause, if he have done thee no harm.
31 Envy thou not the oppressor, and choose none of his ways.
32 For the froward is abomination to the LORD: but his secret is with the righteous.
33 The curse of the LORD is in the house of the wicked: but he blesseth the habitation of the just.
34 Surely he scorneth the scorners: but he giveth grace unto the lowly.
35 The wise shall inherit glory: but shame shall be the promotion of fools.

Wonder if Junior's ever read that? ;)

ELVIS
09-09-2004, 01:46 AM
I imagine he has...

FORD
09-09-2004, 01:50 AM
Then he obviously wasn't "hearing" it. :(

LoungeMachine
09-09-2004, 01:52 AM
Originally posted by Wayne L.
John Kerry is the biggest hypocrite in the history in politics on every issue which is why he will lose by 4 or 5 points against George W. Bush in the presidential election in November.

It's all up to the electoral tally.

predictions are easy.

results may vary

freak
09-09-2004, 01:57 AM
Originally posted by LoungeMachine
It's all up to the electoral tally.

predictions are easy.

results may vary

If Kerry continues on his present course, campaign-wise, he'll be the next Mike Dukakis.

Even with the freindly media coverage, he's done nothing but make an ass of himself so far. Gephardt would have been a smarter choice, I think.

ELVIS
09-09-2004, 02:33 AM
He already is the next Mike Dukakis...:D

FORD
09-09-2004, 09:40 AM
Gephardt fell on his sword in Iowa like a good DLC puppet. He would have never had a chance anyway.

John Ashcroft
09-09-2004, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by freak
If Kerry continues on his present course, campaign-wise, he'll be the next Mike Dukakis.

And just imagine... That's even with the 15 point advantage the press' favorable coverage is giving him (self-admitted by the press).

What a limp-dick candidate you dems have chosen. Should've gone with Dean. I don't think he'd win, but the campaign would've been one hell of alot more interesting.

JCOOK
09-09-2004, 10:59 AM
When are you Dems.gonna run someone out that we can take seriously

JCOOK
09-09-2004, 10:59 AM
When are you Dems.gonna run someone out that we can take seriously

Jesus Christ
09-09-2004, 11:24 AM
Reading that entire chapter in context, the point of it is that true wisdom and understanding are gifts that come from God.

Actually, the ending of the chapter seems oddly appropriate in these times.....

29 Devise not evil against thy neighbour, seeing he dwelleth securely by thee.
30 Strive not with a man without cause, if he have done thee no harm.
31 Envy thou not the oppressor, and choose none of his ways.
32 For the froward is abomination to the LORD: but his secret is with the righteous.
33 The curse of the LORD is in the house of the wicked: but he blesseth the habitation of the just.
34 Surely he scorneth the scorners: but he giveth grace unto the lowly.
35 The wise shall inherit glory: but shame shall be the promotion of fools.

Wonder if Junior's ever read that? ;)

I hath wondered the same thing, My son :(