PDA

View Full Version : Back to School

Susie Q
09-07-2004, 10:55 PM
WOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOO!!!!

:hula: :hula: :hula: :killer: :gulp:

I don't know about you all...but jesus, what a long summer this was!
Kids driving me outta my tree this year. Both kids at each others throat...fight, pick, etc.

AMEN to the school fairy.

Really...

SoCalChelle
09-07-2004, 11:37 PM
My youngest is a Senior this year. Gawd, I can't believe it.

Susie Q
09-07-2004, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by SoCalChelle
My youngest is a Senior this year. Gawd, I can't believe it.

Yah....it goes by fast, that's for sure. My boy starts Middle School (6th grade) and my baby girl goes to 3rd. They are finally knocked out, sleeping...Mommy's listening to Romeo Delight right now and unwinding before I collapse for the evening. I am quite enjoying myself at present. :)

SoCalChelle
09-07-2004, 11:46 PM
Just can't believe that this time next year, my baby will be going off to college. I mean, it's ridiculous! He's just a baby for cryin out loud! *sigh*

Ally_Kat
09-07-2004, 11:49 PM
My first day of classes was today. Law of Communications. And I have homework already.

Most of the rest of my classes are bullshit -- digital publishing (playing on the computer), computer graphics 2 (more playing on the computer), screenwriting (writing stories is nothing), 20th Century Women in politics (teacher is the only easy A), and Collecting Culture (about people who collect stuff, like Pez dispensers)

Man, If I don't get at least 5 A's, I obvious slacked off too much. lol!

Ally_Kat
09-07-2004, 11:51 PM
Just can't believe that this time next year, my baby will be going off to college. I mean, it's ridiculous! He's just a baby for cryin out loud! *sigh*

and unless he goes for Pharm or medical school, college flies by fast too. Faster than high school it seems.

This time next year I won't be in school. That's kinda weird :( Altho, I've been thinking maybe I should go for my teaching license. I'd make a cool history teacher.

Susie Q
09-07-2004, 11:51 PM
LOL....well...you WILL ace those classes no doubt. My kids go tomorrow. Thank Christ. Praise Allah, and everyone else who had anything to do with it. LOL

Ally_Kat
09-08-2004, 12:01 AM
my brother doesn't go back til the 13th, which sucks because now me and Bry have no alone time the entire time he's here until Monday morning before he leaves. Stupid NYC educational system! :mad:

SoCalChelle
09-08-2004, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by Ally_Kat
Collecting Culture (about people who collect stuff, like Pez dispensers)

Oh man, there's a class for that? I'd LOVE that!

Although, I guess the point of the class is probably "Look at all these weirdos collecting crap." and I'd be sitting there saying, "LOOK AT ALL THE COOL SHIT THEY'VE GOT!!!"

Ally_Kat
09-08-2004, 12:14 AM
There's a bunch of classes like that that honors holds. To get an honors diploma in my school, you have to be admitted to the honors program, take their freshman sequence in english, philosophy, and history. Then you have to take 3 honors electives. They had one two semesters ago about fashion and clothes. This semester there was one about the different sections (downtown, midtown, the village) of Manhattan, and one about mob movies like The Godfather series, Goodfellas, and The Sopranos. I was going to take that course, but it was nothing but huge term paper and huge term paper, and that would ruin everything for me. Unless it was Saturday Night Fever. Been dying to make a class about that and 70s NYC. But no...not academic enough.

The, of course, there are all the really academic ones, like the one about War and Peace, and then the other about Irish Lit. I try to stay away from those. I've had all my literature classes and being forced to read ruins books for me.

Susie Q
09-08-2004, 12:17 AM

I know....my youngest is only 7, and I call her my baby. She will be 60, and I will still call her the baby....LOL.

*Mothers support system*

twonabomber
09-08-2004, 12:18 AM
screenwriting (writing stories is nothing)

but writing something that people actually want to read/watch is hard work. ;)

WARF
09-08-2004, 12:32 AM
I was hoping this was gonna be a thread dedicated to the classic 1986 Rodney Dangefield movie!

Susie Q
09-08-2004, 12:36 AM
Originally posted by WARF
I was hoping this was gonna be a thread dedicated to the classic 1986 Rodney Dangefield movie!

BAH! I am just stoked that I have peace in the valley right now. To the point I am past my bedtime by like oh...3 hours now. :rolleyes:

David Van Via
09-08-2004, 06:20 AM
I started college 2 days ago (Monday). It feels really really weird going from 3 months of Fun, Booze, Work and Band practices. To going back to working with computers, However it's alright because mostly all we do in my course is look at the Roth Army, play online games and Download stuff onto our cameras and other devices (The college transfrers files at over 400k)!! :D

tobinentinc
09-15-2004, 11:01 PM
I'm a Sr in High School, and boy am I gonna miss it.

Ally_Kat
09-15-2004, 11:58 PM
Oh man, there's a class for that? I'd LOVE that!

Although, I guess the point of the class is probably "Look at all these weirdos collecting crap." and I'd be sitting there saying, "LOOK AT ALL THE COOL SHIT THEY'VE GOT!!!"

Collecting Culture sucks big, hairy, man ass...seriously!

First off, the professor is boring as fuck. Second off, she's starting off on museums and having us write 3-5 page responses on our readings for the week. And you don't even want to know the third thing.

Ready for it?

A 20-25 page paper on some aspect of collecting. Now I can write and all, but 20-25 pages worth on someone going crazy over Pez dispensers? :eek:

Ally_Kat
09-16-2004, 12:00 AM

This time next year I won't be in school. That's kinda weird :( Altho, I've been thinking maybe I should go for my teaching license. I'd make a cool history teacher.

Yeah, thought I'd update. My friend dropping out of school made me think about this long and heard and I've decided to go forth with it. Going for my masters in History and planning on teaching high school American History. Me educating the youth of America. It's all downhill from here.

smaz
09-16-2004, 05:52 PM
I started college on Monday doing a course in computing. At the moment it's a bit oring because it's all getting started and introductory bollocks, but I'tll be alright after a while. Ally Kat, be a teacher! I'm sure you'd make a great History Teacher, if only my history teachers were into Van Halen/DLR!! Instead, they bored the fuck outta me and made me choose Geography.........

DeadOrAlive
09-16-2004, 06:19 PM
Started my freshman year about 3 and a half weeks ago.

Crmlcrm216
09-17-2004, 12:23 AM
School started for me a couple of weeks ago and it's already kicking my ass. Hence, why I haven't been around here even though I just registered. Damn it, why did I choose to be a History major? :argh:

Coyote
09-17-2004, 03:55 AM
My school started August 5th. Unfuckin'believeable, eh? Marketing. (Spare me the jokes.)

No problem at first: the whole summer here was "nice weather: on, nice weather: off". But when the first week rolled to an end, so entered the heatwave...which lasted for two days! :mad: Fucked up.

Ally_Kat
09-17-2004, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by Crmlcrm216
School started for me a couple of weeks ago and it's already kicking my ass. Hence, why I haven't been around here even though I just registered. Damn it, why did I choose to be a History major? :argh:

Hard or you just not getting into it?