PDA

View Full Version : What were your favorite toys as a kid?

Susie Q
09-09-2004, 07:18 AM
You know....I was reading the Evil Kenevil thread and they were talking about toys they had as a kid. What's your favorite toys as a kid?

Mine had to be my Mrs. Beasley doll, and the doll where you can pump out her hair. Thing is my damn sister cut all the dolls hair off and gave her a mohawk. After that I would say my favorite toy was my FLAMING STAR record of Elvis Presley, believe it or not.

I have a few others, but I gotta get going to work....just a few thoughts for the day ;)

David Van Via
09-09-2004, 07:38 AM
Mine was a Teenage Mutant ninja turtles puppet. They where fantastic mind you So was the cartoon. Ahh I love remembering about kick ass cartoons I watched when I was younger.

Ally_Kat
09-09-2004, 07:57 AM
My Little Pony! I had a huge thing for Firefly. Lost mine though. :( Luckily enough, I have some cool friends and I got one for my birthday

http://www.dreamvalley-mlp.com/graphics/2-unipg2.jpg

lms2
09-09-2004, 09:41 AM
Does anyone remember that Chuck Berry song "My dingaling?"

Figs
09-09-2004, 09:46 AM
My Ding-A-Ling-A-Ling

When I was a little biddy boy
My grandma bought me a cute little toy
Two Silver bells on a string
She told me it was my ding-a-ling-a-ling

My Ding-A-Ling My Ding-A-Ling won't you play with My Ding-A-Ling
My Ding-A-Ling My Ding-A-Ling won't you play with My Ding-A-Ling

When I was little boy In Grammar school
Always went by the very best rule
But Evertime the bell would ring
You'd catch me playing with my ding-a-ling

Once while climbing the garden wall,
Slipped and fell had a very bad fall
I fell so hard I heard birds sing,
But I held on to My ding-a-ling

Once while swimming cross turtle creek
Man them snappers right at my feet
Sure was hard swimming cross that thing
with both hands holding my dingaling

Now this here song it ain't so bad
Prettiest little song that you ever had
And those of you who will not sing
must be playing with your on Ding-a-ling

lms2
09-09-2004, 09:48 AM
Yep. thats the one. Thats what this thread made me think of.

Carmine
09-09-2004, 09:53 AM
my favorite toy had to be a girl named Maria that lives across the street.

other than that had to be Star Wars figures...

Steve Savicki
09-09-2004, 10:56 AM
Bah, there was only 1 toy that met the eye:
http://www.unicron.us/tf1984/1984padback.big.jpg

SoCalChelle
09-09-2004, 11:55 AM
Fisher Price Little People

"Monkey" doll that my grandma made out of socks (I dragged that thing around by the tail until the tail fell off)

Sit n' Spin (probably the reason I eventually got into drugs)

Click-Clacks (big glass balls on strings that you smashed together until they shattered and caused great bodily injury)

My bike - it had a banana seat, ape hanger handlebars with streamers and a great big basket on the front. Funniest thing I ever saw (to this day) was my dad riding it down the driveway, trying to teach me how, getting a little cocky, popping a wheelie and going flat on his back.

There was also this ride on toy I used to have, but I can't remember what it was called. It was round and had big wheels on the sides that you would turn with handles. If you turned them in the opposite direction of each other, you would go around in circles. Anybody remember this?

I'll think of more....

twonabomber
09-09-2004, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by SoCalChelle
There was also this ride on toy I used to have, but I can't remember what it was called. It was round and had big wheels on the sides that you would turn with handles. If you turned them in the opposite direction of each other, you would go around in circles. Anybody remember this?

yeah, my cousin had one of those, and i can never remember the name of it. i didn't have one because we lived in the country and it wouldn't work on a gravel driveway. :(

ZahZoo
09-09-2004, 12:05 PM
My trusty BB gun...

SoCalChelle
09-09-2004, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by twonabomber
yeah, my cousin had one of those, and i can never remember the name of it. i didn't have one because we lived in the country and it wouldn't work on a gravel driveway. :(

It worked great on sidewalks...I went all over the place on that damn thing. The best thing was taking it over to the elementary school on the weekends and just riding all over the whole school. :)

Carmine
09-09-2004, 12:47 PM

I'll think of more....

this sounds like a big wheel I used to have called "The green machine" it didnt have a steering wheel but 2 "sticks", got a couple of black eyes ridin that fucker...

Carmine
09-09-2004, 12:49 PM
and of course at about 10 years old...ATARI, still have it and it still works!

Reverberator
09-09-2004, 12:53 PM
My favorite toy was an orange I had one xmas, It was all i received apart from an old penny.

Anyway the orange was just fantastic until the second kick , when it just disintegrated so we had to abandon our game of football .

Dejected I got home to find the shoebox we lived in had been repossesed and me old man had nicked me penny to go out on the piss .

SoCalChelle
09-09-2004, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by DLRoswegony
this sounds like a big wheel I used to have called "The green machine" it didnt have a steering wheel but 2 "sticks", got a couple of black eyes ridin that fucker...

Nah, it wasn't a Green Machine. It didn't have sticks, it had big wheels on the sides with handles on them.

Carmine
09-09-2004, 01:05 PM
Nah, it wasn't a Green Machine. It didn't have sticks, it had big wheels on the sides with handles on them.

No clue on that sorry. Some others I liked: Lincoln Logs and Tinker Toys! yeah.

rustoffa
09-09-2004, 01:19 PM
I loved my big wheel.....that thing was so fucking loud. Them hard plastic wheels would just piss the neighbors off to no end when I blasted it down the driveway at 7 o'clock saturday morning.

You'd use that emergency brake and do the powerslides...the wheels would get holes in e'm.

I remember this fat kid getting on one of 'em and just crushing it...he was stuck in it and I just wailed on him. That still pisses me off....fucking fatties.

Figs
09-09-2004, 01:27 PM
was it a Crazy Wheel?

rustoffa
09-09-2004, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by Figs
was it a Crazy Wheel?

Damn, I forgot about those things!
Did you have one?
I had a big wheel.
http://img85.exs.cx/img85/4338/bigwheel.jpg

Full Bug
09-09-2004, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by rustoffa
I loved my big wheel.....that thing was so fucking loud. Them hard plastic wheels would just piss the neighbors off to no end when I blasted it down the driveway at 7 o'clock saturday morning.

You'd use that emergency brake and do the powerslides...the wheels would get holes in e'm.

Yeah, same here, we must be near the same age.....
I also loved HotWheels, with the orange tracks, I wish I kept my hotwheels, they would be worth something now, that and old hockey cards....Nowadays I see kids that age riding around in moterized-wheel ATV's, kinda makes me sick, we used peddle power....

Warham
09-09-2004, 01:46 PM
G.I.Joe figures of course.

Between my younger brother and I, we must have had over 100 figures and vehicles.

Too bad I have just a couple left. Probably would have been worth a fortune.

DrGrafenberg
09-09-2004, 01:49 PM
My friend had one of these...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v320/DrGrafenberg/Jseven.bmp
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v320/DrGrafenberg/j7.bmp
We were poor & I couldn't afford one :( my m8 never looked after his either :mad: I was SO jealous :eek: I could have killed that motherfucker :gun: but i don't think it affected me in later years...just don't let me near guns or sharp objects, Muhahahahahaha!

SoCalChelle
09-09-2004, 01:58 PM
was it a Crazy Wheel?

YES!!!! That's it!! Thanks Figs! :D

Figs
09-09-2004, 01:59 PM
No problem! I remember those commercials!

SoCalChelle
09-09-2004, 02:01 PM
I loved that damn thing. :D Where'd you find the picture?

Figs
09-09-2004, 02:04 PM
I think it was someone's blog about childhood.

twonabomber
09-09-2004, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by Warham
G.I.Joe figures of course.

Between my younger brother and I, we must have had over 100 figures and vehicles.

Too bad I have just a couple left. Probably would have been worth a fortune.

my cousin and i had the old-school Joes...kung-fu grip, Jeeps, howitzers, helicopters, the friggin' works. our moms made us give that shit away...every now and then we yell at them about it. same with our Evel Knievels.

SoCalChelle
09-09-2004, 02:11 PM
Cool thread, Susie. Thanks for starting it :D

Figs
09-09-2004, 02:14 PM

SoCalChelle
09-09-2004, 02:19 PM
Dude, can you find a picture of that Monkey doll too? It was made from a pattern....from gray socks with red heels & toes

Carmine
09-09-2004, 02:24 PM
how about 2XL- the little robot... cant remember when I got it, but I know it ran on 8 track tapes. anybody have this guy?

Mezro
09-09-2004, 02:29 PM
My favorite toy as a child was my cock.

Mezro...I used to play with that fucker every day after school...

Figs
09-09-2004, 02:37 PM
I'm not familiar with those, is this it?

Figs
09-09-2004, 03:05 PM
I used to play with my lower lip a lot...

Carmine
09-09-2004, 03:07 PM
I used to play with my lower lip a lot...

holy shit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mezro
09-09-2004, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by DLRoswegony
holy shit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

holy fuck!!!!!!!!!!!

Mezro...he tugged his ball tarp over his face...

SoCalChelle
09-09-2004, 03:21 PM
I'm not familiar with those, is this it?

Damn, you're good. That's it exactly :)

Figs
09-09-2004, 03:27 PM
No problem!

Here's the link if interested in the message board:

http://www.novogate.com/board/5148/185592-12.html

chefcraig
09-09-2004, 03:30 PM
Do any of you older folk remember the "Verti-Bird"?

It was this little helicopter on a tether from a base, it went in a circular motion...you could make it hover, go forward and back and also pick up objects.

It was made by "Mattel", sorry I can not supply an image.

I actually found a similar toy at Kay-Bee Toys (a knock off, obviously) 2 years ago that I gave to some friends my age...I'm still getting thank-you's for it!

Terrific thread, by the way.

...craig!

alexpgrimes
09-09-2004, 03:33 PM
I had this 6 wheeled thing. you used your arms to make it go. If you wanted to turn you'd have to stop turning one of the handles. That explains why my arms are so big...lol

SweetSecrets
09-09-2004, 07:53 PM
I loved My Little Ponies! I used to make my Transformers protect them. :)

Rikk
09-09-2004, 07:54 PM
STAR WARS figures!!!

Susie Q
09-09-2004, 11:52 PM
Fisher Price Little People

"Monkey" doll that my grandma made out of socks (I dragged that thing around by the tail until the tail fell off)

Sit n' Spin (probably the reason I eventually got into drugs)

Click-Clacks (big glass balls on strings that you smashed together until they shattered and caused great bodily injury)

My bike - it had a banana seat, ape hanger handlebars with streamers and a great big basket on the front. Funniest thing I ever saw (to this day) was my dad riding it down the driveway, trying to teach me how, getting a little cocky, popping a wheelie and going flat on his back.

I'll think of more....

I remember the CLICK CLACKS! HAHAHAHA!! I had blue click clacks. I also had numchucks ;)

I was too poor as a kid to have a sit n' spin, so I sat in my mothers
spaghetti pot, and used to kick the floor, then put my feet up and spin the pot. I kid ya not! :D

Coyote
09-10-2004, 04:51 AM
I had an ol' "Sport Goofy" puppet, action figures (He-Man, Turtles), Matchbox cars, my moms LP's :D and music videos... (Just A Gigolo being the first one I've seen...)

guwapo_rocker
09-10-2004, 08:15 AM
Girls!!

frenchie
09-10-2004, 08:19 AM
do you know or remember goldorak?

DeadOrAlive
09-10-2004, 11:44 AM
Legos were pretty damn cool.

Susie Q
09-11-2004, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by Susie Q
You know....I was reading the Evil Kenevil thread and they were talking about toys they had as a kid. What's your favorite toys as a kid?

Mine had to be my Mrs. Beasley doll, and the doll where you can pump out her hair. Thing is my damn sister cut all the dolls hair off and gave her a mohawk. After that I would say my favorite toy was my FLAMING STAR record of Elvis Presley, believe it or not.

I have a few others, but I gotta get going to work....just a few thoughts for the day ;)

My Mrs. Beasley Doll ;)

Any of you girls old enough to remember her? :)http://www.dollsales.com/pictures/mrsbeasley.jpg

Susie Q
09-11-2004, 04:02 PM
How about the Chrissy Doll? The one where you can pull her hair to make it longer? :)
http://images.antiqnet.com/dbimages/OIR11344580.jpg

1972 Ideal Crissy Chrissy Doll grow hair :)

Susie Q
09-11-2004, 04:07 PM
I wanted this game as a kid...but never got it :(

http://www.neatstuff.net/games/MouseTrap.jpg

SoCalChelle
09-12-2004, 11:05 AM
I had Mouse Trap :)

And you talking about that Chrissy doll reminded me....did you ever see that lifesize Barbie head? LOL....I can't remember who it was...maybe AllyKat....but anyways, they were talking about holding that Barbie head between their legs to hold it steady while fixing the hair and their mom walked in and freaked out.

Don Corleone
09-12-2004, 11:09 AM
My favourite toy, my He-Man figures

SoCalChelle
09-13-2004, 06:11 PM
Well, I guess that wasn't AllyKat with the Barbie Doll head. Wish I could remember who that was.....funny story.

Also, I forgot one of my other favorite toys.....Giant Tinkertoys. :)

manwiththedogs
09-13-2004, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by DeadOrAlive
Legos were pretty damn cool.

Legos were great, but I`d have to pick the Nerf football, I wore that fucker out.
Oh, and paper airplanes made from the pizza shop flyers me and my friends were `sposed to be passing out were pretty cool to...