PDA

View Full Version : Cho-time for Moby vs. Drudge

BigBadBrian
01-24-2004, 07:53 AM
Cho-time for Moby vs. Drudge

http://www.nydailynews.com/ips_rich_content/847-cho.JPGhttp://www.drudgereport.com/mc1.jpg

Activist rocker Moby is leading a jihad against cybergossip Matt Drudge, blaming him for inciting "far right-wingers" who sent abusive and racist E-mails to comedian Margaret Cho.
On his Web site and in private messages to friends, Moby has been claiming that Drudge "took out of context" Cho's stream of anti-Republican invective - intended as comedy shtick - during last week's moveon.org awards show at the Hammerstein Ballroom.

"I was outraged," Moby told me. "Everyone knows that Margaret's comedy is very irreverent and Lenny Bruce-style confrontational, and Matt Drudge took it out of context and exposed her to some really irresponsible and vile reactions."

"That's absurd," Drudge responded. He pointed out that the posts on drudgereport.com had clearly identified Cho as a "comedian" and set the scene for her profanity-laced remarks, which he published at length under the headline "RAW RAGE AT BUSH DURING MOVEON.ORG AWARDS."

A couple of days after posting the excerpts, Drudge published Cho's complete routine from the event.

Among her saltier observations, during the liberal group's celeb-studded gala to honor political ads attacking President Bush: "Despite all of this stupid bull-- that the Republican National Committee, or whatever the f-- they call them, that they were saying that they're all angry about how two of these ads were comparing Bush to Hitler? I mean, out of thousands of submissions, they find two. They're like f-- looking for Hitler in a haystack. ...George Bush is not Hitler. He would be, if he f-- applied himself."

After Drudge's account was linked by the right-leaning FreeRepublic.com, Cho received dozens of ugly E-mails, most of them unprintable in a family newspaper. (A typical message advised the California-born Korean-American: "Go back to Asia you slanted eye whore.")

On her own Web site this week, Cho wrote to a concerned fan: "I know that I have not pulled punches with the way that I beat the s-- out of Dumya, I mean Dubya."

Moby told me: "The only good to come of this is that the extreme right has shown their true colors. ...Bush is masquerading as a 'compassionate conservative,' but they've now exposed their extremely right-wing, misogynistic, racist agenda."

Drudge shot back: "Those E-mails are mild compared to what I receive on a daily basis. That is the nature of the Internet. Moby and his friends just have to 'butch up.'"

FORD
01-24-2004, 09:51 AM
Drudge shot back: "Those E-mails are mild compared to what I receive on a daily basis. That is the nature of the Internet. Moby and his friends just have to 'butch up.'"

Butch up, huh? Guess that settles the question of what's behind Drudge's closet door.

And if calling someone a "slant eyed whore" and telling them to "go back to Asia" isn't racism, then I'm David DuKKKe.

Sarge
01-24-2004, 03:35 PM
MOBY IS A CUNT!
Techno is dead..

VanJay011379
01-24-2004, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by Sarge
MOBY IS A CUNT!
Techno is dead..

I like some of his music but he annoys the shit out of me in interviews and stuff.

I have this overwhelming urge to hit him with a fly swatter every time he opens his mouth.

FORD
01-24-2004, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by Sarge
MOBY IS A CUNT!
Techno is dead..

If I'm not mistaken, Moby's making records with actual instruments now. I haven't heard any of them, but I seem to remember seeing him playing guitar on VH 1 a while back.

John Ashcroft
01-24-2004, 10:31 PM
Well, Cho looks like she should take up Sumo...

And Moby is a cunt. For sure. He's such a whiny little bitch it makes you want to beat him every time he opens up his cock-sucker. Yep, Sarge's got this one nailed, and I'm still chuckling about the fly swatter idea Van! That's fuckin' funny shit! This has nothing to do with politics... Moby's a cunt. Even if he worshipped Newt Gingrich he'd still be a little cunt. You just know he took daily ass beatings as a kid.