PDA

View Full Version : Heinz Kerry: Opponents Of Health Care Plan Are 'Idiots'

ELVIS
09-09-2004, 04:58 PM
This dumb bitch is a bigger candidate killer than algore...:rockit:

http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20040906/capt.pamg10309061745.heinz_kerry_pamg103.jpg (http://www.nbc10.com/politics/3717093/detail.html)

Candidate's Wife Doesn't Mince Words
Teresa Heinz Kerry says "only an idiot" would fail to support her husband's health care plan.

But Heinz Kerry, the wife of Democratic presidential candidate John Kerry, told the (Lancaster) Intelligencer Journal that "of course, there are idiots."

Kerry's proposal includes health care subsidies for children, the unemployed, small companies and more; and government assistance to insurers and employers that keep premiums for workers down.

If Kerry is elected, Heinz Kerry predicts that opponents of his health care plan will be voted out of office. She says, "Only an idiot wouldn't like this."

Heinz Kerry stumped in Lancaster, Harrisburg and York on Wednesday, the third day of a four-day campaign swing through Pennsylvania.

On Thursday, she holds a roundtable discussion health care at a hotel in King of Prussia.

:elvis:

jhale667
09-09-2004, 05:11 PM
Tact doesn't seem to be her strong point.

FORD
09-09-2004, 05:27 PM
At least she doesn't call people who disagree with her "anti-American" or "terrorists"

ELVIS
09-09-2004, 05:31 PM
http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20040906/capt.pamg10309061745.heinz_kerry_pamg103.jpghttp://www.mrfuns.com/images/mortimer.gif

:elvis:

ELVIS
09-09-2004, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by FORD
At least she doesn't call people who disagree with her "anti-American" or "terrorists"

Yet...

JCOOK
09-10-2004, 12:49 PM
Cmon Ford thats' pretty weak... If you dont' agree then you are an idiot-- nice.

John Ashcroft
09-10-2004, 02:01 PM
I'll gladly consider myself one of the "idiots" described by the lovely Mrs. Kerry. Any socialized health care plan should be illegal. I'd actually back ammending the Constitution to prevent it.

That'd be great! A new Ammendment stating "The government shall never, ever socialize health care coverage."

Angel
09-10-2004, 02:34 PM
Yup, you wouldn't want the poor in your country to be able to get healthy would you? ;)

John Ashcroft
09-10-2004, 03:10 PM
Nope, I wouldn't want anyone dying in line for operations like in Canada...

You hear about Clinton's surgery? I wonder how long he'd have waited in the wonderful world of socialized medicine?

Brings up a couple of interesting facts (and misconceptions) about our health care that I'd like to address...

First, health insurance. I've recently priced single-rate health insurance for myself. I was pleasantly surprized to find that $8 million dollar coverage would cost me $68.99 per month. You know, my cable bill is $81 per month... Family rate through the same company, $180 per month. This is not a group rate policy either. It's single rate through USAA. My co-worker gets his insurance through another company, and it costs him $70 per month.

Also, recently I was in a car wreck. Back's a little messed up. Needed an MRI done on my spine. I got the reference Monday morning from my Doc, called the clinic (Norman MRI, although there are 4 other clinics/hospitals in the Norman area that perform MRIs), and asked when I could get the procedure done. They asked, "Are you free this afternoon?" I said "yep", and at 4pm I was there getting the MRI.

How long does that take in Canada? ;)

You see, our healthcare is affordable, fast, and amongst the highest quality anywhere. The myth that Americans don't have access to quality, affordable healthcare is just that, a myth. For those uninsured (actually about 40,000 Americans), there is medicaid and medicare.

So why should we socialize healthcare again?

Oh, and just to see an example of how well our government manages our money, read this:

Social Security to Become Insolvent by 2018 (http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2004/9/10/123617.shtml)

Sgt Schultz
09-10-2004, 03:17 PM
I'm fortunate enough to have a health plan where I work (which is part of my compensation) now.

But, when I was in my early - mid 20s I had to buy my own haelth insurance. I didn't have cable TV, or a cell phone, or Internet access, or a house, or a decent car etc etc. I thought it was smart to have it.

Health coverage is available and affordable. The question is, is it a priority? For some people, no. For some yes. I had friends who were my age who didn't have health insurance (except one witha huge deductible) becasue they hardly ever went to the Dr. This whole thing isn't that hard to figure out. The employess at the company we were with, in Denmark, have Govt. healthcare - and their taxes are VERY high. Either way, you pay for it.

What it's REALLY about is the notion the left has pushed that health care is now a universal right.

Warham
09-10-2004, 04:03 PM
Health care isn't as big an issue as the lovely Mrs. Heinz-Kerry would have you believe.

She is a cunt, isn't she?

Sgt Schultz
09-20-2004, 08:14 PM
Teresa: My Critics Are 'Scumbags'

Hot-tempered would-be first lady Teresa Heinz Kerry has once again lashed out at her critics, this time during a Pittsburgh television interview where she called them "scumbags."

The ugly outburst, revealed nationally for the first time in a lengthy profile in the Sept. 27 issue of The New Yorker magazine, is the most outrageous so far by the billionaire ketchup heiress and pushes the bounds of behavior voters might accept in a first lady.

John Ashcroft
09-20-2004, 08:44 PM
Heh heh heh... Was John an "idiot" or "scumbag" when they had their little falling out... You know, the one where they stayed in different rooms at that hotel.

I vote "both".