PDA

View Full Version : Three Years Later: 9/11 Families for Peaceful Tomorrows Statement

DLR'sCock
09-11-2004, 12:42 PM
http://peacefultomorrows.org/#threeyearslater

Three Years Later
9/11 Families for Peaceful Tomorrows Statement

Saturday 11 September 2004

Nearly three years ago, September 11th Families for Peaceful Tomorrows was born out of a shared belief that America's military response to the 9/11 attacks which took our loved ones' lives would result in the deaths of countless innocent civilians and increase recruitment for terrorist causes, making the United States, and the world, less safe and less free for generations to come.

Today, as we commemorate September 11, 2004, we find that our worst fears have been realized. The terrorism of September 11th has been neither neutralized, nor ended, by the terrorism of war.

Since our bombing and military action in Afghanistan, resulting in the deaths of more than 130 American troops and an estimated 4,000 civilians - and compounded by our failure to rebuild that broken nation - we have seen the return of Taliban warlords, the departure of relief agencies, and the continuing deaths of American service people and innocent civilians. Afghan President Hamid Karzai has acknowledged that he is seeking the support of former Taliban officials in an effort to stabilize the political process. Osama bin Laden remains at large, and al-Qaeda remains a potent terrorist force, as evidenced by the March 11 train bombings in Madrid, Spain.

Our illegal, immoral and unjustified invasion of Iraq, a nation that had nothing to do with the September 11th attacks, has cost the lives of 1,000 American troops and an estimated 12,000 Iraqi civilians, while leaving tens of thousands of others physically and emotionally traumatized. Today, our continuing occupation, our failure to provide basic services like electricity and water, and our torture of prisoners at Abu Ghraib has turned Iraq into a focus of anti-American sentiment where a new generation of terrorists is being recruited from around the world.

In Guantánamo, approximately 600 detainees from 40 countries remain incarcerated without charge and without access to lawyers. Those who have been returned to their home countries attest to conditions that violate the Geneva Conventions and our own democratic principles. In America, the USA Patriot Act gives government free reign to surveil law-abiding citizens. Restrictions on peaceful protest mock our Constitutional guarantees of freedom of speech and assembly. Meanwhile, bias crimes and discrimination continue to cast a shadow over our nation.

That all of this has been done in the names of our loved ones who died on September 11th makes the suffering of their innocent counterparts around the world even harder to take. When actions that are making the world less secure are carried out in the name of US security, we must reconsider the true sources of the security, freedom, and respect we once commanded around the globe.

Is the source of our security and freedom the exercise of overwhelming military power? Have we found security and freedom by dividing the world into "us and them," and labeling entire nations "evil"? Three years ago, the French declared, "We are all Americans," and Iranians held spontaneous candlelight vigils for our dead. Today, American prestige is at an all-time low. Friend and foe alike tremble at the sense of exceptionalism that drives America to conduct pre-emptive war.

And what example have we set by our use of violence as a tool for addressing complex grievances? In the past week, heartbreaking pictures of children abducted and killed in Russia remind us that terrorism against civilian populations, which did not begin on September 11th, has not abated as a result of our actions since then. In Iraq, abductions of more than 40 civilians from nations including Japan, Jordan, Italy, China, Ukraine, South Korea, Egypt, Nepal, India, Kenya, the Philippines, Bulgaria and our own have escalated the level of human suffering.

On September 11th, 2002, we urged America to participate fully in the global community, by honoring international treaties, endorsing and participating in the International Criminal Court, following the United Nations charter, and agreeing in word and action to the precepts of international law. Today, we redouble our call for America to return to full membership in the community of nations.

We call for an end to war as our nation's one blunt instrument of foreign policy in our increasingly complex world. We recognize that our freedoms and security derive not from politicians or the Pentagon, but from our Constitution, and call on all Americans to rise in its defense against the triple threats of fear, lies and ignorance.

Finally, we draw hope from those around the globe whose historical experiences of terrorism and war have brought them not to a place of vengeance, but to a commitment to creating a peaceful world. They include victims of the violence in Israel and Palestine; families of victims of the Bali nightclub bombing; family members of those killed in Oklahoma City; atomic bomb survivors from Hiroshima and Nagasaki; those who survived the bombing of Guernica, Spain and Dresden, Germany; those affected by terrorism in Kenya; Cambodia; Chechnya; South Africa; Northern Ireland; Bosnia; Sri Lanka and elsewhere. Through their witness and their efforts towards reconciliation, they have demonstrated that peace begins in the heart of every individual, and that people united have an unparalleled power to change the world.

Every day, we choose to create the world we want to live in, through our words and through our actions. Today, we reach out to others around the world who recognize that war is not the answer. Today, three years after September 11th, we continue to choose peace.

-September 11th Families for Peaceful Tomorrows

-------

Jump to TO Features for Sunday September 12, 2004

ELVIS
09-11-2004, 01:28 PM
You can take this piece of shit article and shove it up your ass...

:elvis:

FORD
09-11-2004, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by ELVIS

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Fabulous Shadow
09-11-2004, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by ELVIS

Is it being on or off of drugs that makes you so fucking bitter? :mad:

FORD
09-11-2004, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by Fabulous Shadow
Is it being on or off of drugs that makes you so fucking bitter? :mad:

I never thought of that before, but given Mush Limpdick's temperament, that might be a valid question.

But in fairness to Elvis, you seem to carry a lot of bitterness around yourself, threatening to break people's legs and all that. Are you a member of the Oxy club too?

ELVIS
09-11-2004, 02:19 PM
As most people know, online or real life, I'm extremely upbeat, optimistic and happy...

I am honestly drug free and sober.. I might drink an occasionally daiquiri.. but that's a far cry from the old me...

My response to this thread was not directed to any single person...

I do have a direct response to Fuglyass Shadow though...

Fuck you, you stinking fat ass manic depressive slut-whore!

Go to hell!

DLR'sCock
09-11-2004, 02:43 PM
Glad to see you showing understanding and support for the 9/11 victims families....

monkeythe
09-11-2004, 03:18 PM
As someone that lost friends on 9/11, and had family in the towers (that thankfully made it out - but didn't know for a few hours), I say that not all victims families feel that way and that the authors of this article can go fuck themselves

ELVIS
09-11-2004, 03:27 PM
Thank you monkeythe

monkeythe
09-11-2004, 03:41 PM
Why haven't the anti-war people posted at the Where were you 3 years ago thread? Just wondering if you are afraid to try and justify your current feelings with how you fely on 9/11 or if you are afraid that your work with the Taliban on that day might get you in trouble with any government agencies

ELVIS
09-11-2004, 03:52 PM
LMAO!

FORD
09-11-2004, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by monkeythe
Why haven't the anti-war people posted at the Where were you 3 years ago thread? Just wondering if you are afraid to try and justify your current feelings with how you fely on 9/11 or if you are afraid that your work with the Taliban on that day might get you in trouble with any government agencies

Fuck off you goddamn child.

Where was I when it fucking happenned?

I was just waking up. Considering it was 5:45 in the goddamned morning on the West Coast, that's not exactly unusual.

The Taliban had nothing to do with it.

Liberals had nothing to do with it.

The BCE, no matter what theory you want to believe, had EVERYTHING to do with it. Without Poppy Bush, there would be no Al Qaeda.

Think about that before you throw around stupid accusations, asshole.

monkeythe
09-11-2004, 04:29 PM
Yoou're probably so upset because you didn't have the opportunity to fly the planes on the west coast thanks to Bush stopping all the flights.

DLR'sCock
09-11-2004, 04:32 PM
Well, as someone who had many many friends and family there that day who made it out thankfully(but they are scarred), and someone who knows many many many people who lost countless friends and family that day I say, thank you to the 9/11 victims families for being brave enough and wise enough to see through the smoke. Peace unto you all, and may the lost find their way someday.

monkeythe
09-11-2004, 04:42 PM
I'm happy that your friends made it out that day. The Post Tramautic Stress Disorders your friends are suffering from sucks. I'm glad we live in a country where we have the rights to debate what the best course of action against the terrorists are, even if we disagree.

I have a problem with lumping all the survivors families into one group though and those using the events for political and economic gain (liberals and conservatives alike); and those stupid enough to not assign the blame for the events on those that it belongs to - the terrorists and their political (the Taliban) and economic supporters

FORD
09-11-2004, 04:43 PM
Yoou're probably so upset because you didn't have the opportunity to fly the planes on the west coast thanks to Bush stopping all the flights.

You wouldn't dare say that to my face, you fucking Busheep pussy. You're about to join the troll list with Homo$exxxxual and Katykunt, which means your shit won't be tolerated here. So if you got something of value to say, say it. But so far, you're batting a big goddamned goose egg.

monkeythe
09-11-2004, 04:47 PM
You're right I wouldn't say it to your face. The Republic of Cascadia is probably next to the cave Bin Ladins hiding out in.

DLR'sCock
09-11-2004, 04:54 PM
Well, this group is an independent group of victims families.

I would gather then you must have been infuriated by the RNC's complete out and out disgusting exploitation of the victims and victims families of 9/11....I know I was...

Of course, 9/11 and imposing fear into the hearts of US citizens is the only card that the Bush Admin can play, by threatneing "terror", even though they're just exploiting this for Imperialism...

monkeythe
09-11-2004, 05:04 PM
Only because I support the war in Iraq does not make me pro Bush. I was very offended by the entire RNC being about 9/11. Unlike your fellow Kerry supporter on the board I am glad that 1 can have an intelligent conversation about politics on this board.

As far as them being an independent group, once you use 9/11 for your groups name you are no longer independent. You have attached yourself to me and I'll hate you for it. I also hate the groups that use the families to support the war also.

FORD
09-11-2004, 05:14 PM
You're right I wouldn't say it to your face. The Republic of Cascadia is probably next to the cave Bin Ladins hiding out in.

Listen up you little Staten Island Fairy......

I'm genuinely sorry if you lost friends or family on that day, but that don't give you a goddamn license to come in here and imply that I'm a fucking terrorist.

Save your anger for the fucking pieces of shit (http://www.whitehouse.org/administration/index.asp) who allowed this to happen in the first place......

DLR'sCock
09-11-2004, 05:20 PM
But, what if the group is created by those families?

Why do you support the invasion and occupation of Iraq?

monkeythe
09-11-2004, 05:25 PM
I am glad to see that you have such an extensive vocabulary. Shit, fairy, and pussy. I'm sure your mom must be proud.

So how do the Roth army boards work exactly. If I say something the moderator disagrees with, the moderator calls you names and threatens to beat you up and then threaten to delete your posts. Is this the Roth Army forums or the Van Halen forums

I find it funny that you call me a Bush pussy yet I have never voted for a Bush (father or son).

However I will end this post with an example of the thought and skill it must require to be a moderator at this board:

Thread start: The Hurricanes are bad

Moderator reply: You f**** a****. You are a f****qu*** coc*****. DOn't you know that Bush is responsible for the hurricanes. Yoy mo****** F****** sh******.

Does the last paragraph make me worthwhile to moderate this forum?

monkeythe
09-11-2004, 05:41 PM
DLR Cock,

As long as you use the name then you can't claim independence. I support the war in Iraq, and would be very offended if there was a group called 9/11 Familes for the War. If I started such a group then people would have a right to be mad at me.

I will answer your question in 2 ways:

"You must be a f******* co****** traitor to not support our troops and a Kerry pu*** liberal". That is the way the moderators like for questions to be answered and if I don't answer like that my posts may be deleted

My real answer is that when the war started our government (Democrats also) felt as though there was a threat big enough that we needed to stop Sadaam. I would hope that they knew better than we did. Apparantly, they didn't but I would rather they err on the side of being too careful then the alternative.

Secondly, there was that whole UN thing and the multiple violations of the UN treaty.

Thirdly, the war on terrorist regimes must be a proactive one , and Iraq is a good place to start and hopefully show Iran, and the other fundamentalist countries that we are not going to cower like the rest of the world.

IF we pull out now because we are afraid of the terrorists what will that show them we are weak and they can pull more 9/11 bullshit.

By the way, do you believe that Iraq was a good place and Sadaam didn't have what he had coming to him or that he was an evil man that deserves whatever happens to him?

FORD
09-11-2004, 05:42 PM

However I will end this post with an example of the thought and skill it must require to be a moderator at this board:

Thread start: The Hurricanes are bad

Moderator reply: You f**** a****. You are a f****qu*** coc*****. DOn't you know that Bush is responsible for the hurricanes. Yoy mo****** F****** sh******.

Does the last paragraph make me worthwhile to moderate this forum?

First of all, your comparison is invalid, unless you're about to accuse me of being responsible for the weather, like you accused me of being a terrorist.

Second, there's no evidence that the BCE has anything to do with the hurricanes, though it is possible that they could be God's wrath against the BCE for all the corruption that has taken place in that state. I would prefer to think that God would spare the good people in Florida and take His case directly to Jeb and his minions if that were the case.

And no, we aren't taking applications for moderator at this time, that I'm aware of.

monkeythe
09-11-2004, 05:48 PM
A good moderator would know that the hurricanes are due to the windbag known as Bette Midler bringing her Van Hagar shows to Florida this week.

DLR'sCock
09-11-2004, 06:00 PM
Saddam was a scumbag and a thug, but was no threat to the US. I don't feel any pity for Saddam at all, he is/was a leader, a man of power, like many men of power do, was corrupt, very corrupt. I do not feel though he was a threat, and the evidence is that he was no threat at all, especially as Mr. Bush put it, an iminent threat with stockpiles of WMD's and very real potential nuclear capabilities. Through the ten+ years of bombing of Iraq in the Northern and Southern NO FLY ZONES and from the UN sanctions, and as a result of Gulf I, Saddam was a wounded and fallen Dictator...is it good that he is gone, well one can easily say YES to that question...

We, killed over 20,000 Iraqi civillians and over 1000 US soldiers so far to do this, over 7000 US soldiers seriously wounded, and over 20,000 Iraqis seriously wounded....the numbers are climbing everyday...

Our first and main priority should have always been Al-Qaeda and Osama Bin Laden....

FORD
09-11-2004, 06:09 PM
A good moderator would know that the hurricanes are due to the windbag known as Bette Midler bringing her Van Hagar shows to Florida this week.

Well there you go.... Hagar's a Busheep and God hates his music. I guess that explains it all ;)

monkeythe
09-11-2004, 06:11 PM
For the first time, someone that is gainst the war will admit that Sadamm was a bad guy. If there were more Dem's like you and less like Michael Moore and the other radicals, your party would be in better shape. They have been hijaked by the far left (those that believe Bush crashed the planes and the Taliban was innocent) similar to the Republicans in 92. Thanks for giving me a little bit of hope for the democratic party, because even though I'm not a Dem, I'd be scared to live in a country where only 1 party was capable of having any power.

For the record, my political track record is to always vote against the incumbent unless they have done an incredible job (Rudy G was my only multiple vote) and if I don't like the person running against then I'm all the way for third party (voted for Perot twice, probably write in Rudy G hoping he will run in 08). What difference does my vote make anyway, my electoral vote has already been given to Kerry.

FORD
09-11-2004, 06:36 PM
For the first time, someone that is gainst the war will admit that Sadamm was a bad guy.

There's a lot of "bad guys" out there. Always has been, probably always will be. That doesn't make them threats to the United States.

If there were more Dem's like you and less like Michael Moore and the other radicals, your party would be in better shape. They have been hijaked by the far left (those that believe Bush crashed the planes and the Taliban was innocent)

The Taliban was far from innocent. But they had NOTHING to do with 9-11. Taliban and Al Qaeda are not interchangeable terms, nor are they one and the same. And the Democratic party has been hijacked by the far right, not the far left. Do your research and you will find that President Clinton was actually more conservative than Richard Nixon, and as I pointed out elsewhere, the foreign policy that Kerry is running on is actually to the right of Ronald Reagan's.

similar to the Republicans in 92. Thanks for giving me a little bit of hope for the democratic party, because even though I'm not a Dem, I'd be scared to live in a country where only 1 party was capable of having any power.

Then join up with www.democracyforamerica.com and help restore the party of the people so we DO have a voice against the neocon machine.

For the record, my political track record is to always vote against the incumbent unless they have done an incredible job (Rudy G was my only multiple vote) and if I don't like the person running against then I'm all the way for third party (voted for Perot twice, probably write in Rudy G hoping he will run in 08). What difference does my vote make anyway, my electoral vote has already been given to Kerry.

NY would normally be a safe state, but I'm not sure there is any such thing this year.

DLR'sCock
09-12-2004, 12:26 PM
Well, I think almost everyone, including very very far left people know and say that Saddam was a scumbag and a murderous thug, even Michael Moore believes he was....Believe I have never hear anyone say he is an innocent man in general and in the eyes of the world community, but as far as 9-11 is concerned, he didn't do it, but he is one of the fall guys...

Would he have liked to have been able to do that??? Probably, if he could have, but he has been nuetralized for the last 12 years....

BigBadBrian
09-12-2004, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by FORD
You wouldn't dare say that to my face, you fucking Busheep pussy.

I would. I'd kick your ass in the process also. NO, I'm not joking. :gulp:

BigBadBrian
09-12-2004, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by BigBadBrian
I would. I'd kick your ass in the process also. NO, I'm not joking. :gulp:

Pardon me, all, but I just got done teaching Sunday School. All that blood and violence in the Old Testament, don't cha know. I got carried away. My public apologies to FORD. :D :gulp:

ELVIS
09-12-2004, 06:16 PM
See, conservatives have feelings too...:D

JCOOK
09-13-2004, 12:30 PM
Ive' got an idea... blame the people who blew up the fucking towers.

Seshmeister
09-13-2004, 01:43 PM
The dead hijackers or the Saudi's?

JCOOK
09-13-2004, 01:45 PM
If Im' not mistaken most of the dead hijackers happened to be Saudis

DLR'sCock
09-14-2004, 03:20 PM
And the people who funded them???? Saudi Royals???? Who are friends of theBush family???? And a Bin Laden named OSama???? Whose family is friends with the Bush family, and they all do business together???

BTW, there were Bin Laden family members(including his mom) at the wedding of Osama's son only 6 months before 9/11...

Yet, they were all let out of the US immediately...