PDA

View Full Version : A post about nothing...

Leadsinger777
09-14-2004, 02:56 PM
Not really sure what to say here... I just wanted to post something. There's so much verbal diarrhea spewed on here I figured I might as well add to the splatter.

*I can either pick on people, like everyone else... (Who's this Katy person all over the boards?)
*I can take a good look at naked chicks, but I do that on here all the time anyway... Thanks everyone for posting those. (waiting for more)
*I can wait endlessly for news about Dave coming out with a heavy kick ass rock album, or getting back with VanHalen (which I wont give my opinion on).
*I can introduce myself, but no one really cares who anyone is on here.
*Perhaps I can talk about New York City... The place where some cover band is playing to celebrate Dave's Birthday - Sat. Oct. 9th...
*I can post phone numbers of my ex-girlfriends, but you guys probably already have them.
*I can talk about my band(s) and set myself up for ridicule. Actually, just posting anything can set me up for that.

Guess it doesn't matter what I post... just that I posted, right?

Dave - Show us you still have it man!!!! Put out another ROCK CD! -

Thanks for listening...

Rick

Carmine
09-14-2004, 03:24 PM
good post LS777, but should you say "verbal diarrhea" and "splatter" in the same sentence? anyway, I'm gonna throw ya a 5 star vote for your "Seinfeld" like thoughts!

Roth on Brother!

DrGrafenberg
09-14-2004, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by Leadsinger777
*I can wait endlessly for news about Dave coming out with a heavy kick ass rock album, or getting back with VanHalen (which I wont give my opinion on)

Why not???

Leadsinger777
09-15-2004, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by DrGrafenberg
Why not???

Well, I guess it's just rehashing the same old shit over and over again.
I'll just give a brief of my opinion -
Even if Dave got back in the band this late in the game, it wouldn't be the same as it was before. They aren't a team now. There's no chemistry. No offense to Dave either, but he's older... hell, they're all older. The same members doesn't make the same band.
It's like trying to put a bunch of retired hockey players back together.

Also, I preferred Dave's solo career over the stuff he recorded on the reunion album. Can't get this stuff no more, and Me Wise Magic was good, but definitely doesn't measure up to the older stuff.
I even wonder if Dave got back together with Vai if the chemistry would still be there.
I wish Dave was still rockin as hard as ever, and maybe I'll be proven wrong. I hope I am.

Still a diehard Dave fan, just trying to be realistic.