PDA

View Full Version : "Ladie's Night in Buffalo": your take (meaning and greatness)

Marlowe01
09-14-2004, 10:35 PM
I think this is one of Dave's VASTLY under-rated songs...and one of the best pieces of art ever made. What is 1- your take on the meaning of the song and 2- your view on the song?

diamondsgirl
09-22-2004, 01:37 PM
Love this part:

"I got kinda sense of deja vu
I could swear I've seen you somewhere before
You don't think you've ever seen me somewhere before, do you, huh?
So it must have been two other people"

I love the song, to me it sounds like he is trying to pick someone up and isn't doing too well. Thats my take.

How about you, marlowe, what do you think its about?

Marlowe01
09-22-2004, 10:16 PM
I think it's just that. He's obvisouly describing some sort of ambient evening in which a situation love-gone-wrong is described in detail. He even remembers the incident so vividly that he describes somewhat metaphorically how hot the pavement is and that the sidewalk's steaming. In general, it's along the same lines of "Just a Gigolo" in a more rock fashion. He's lamenting over how "Only me, happens everytime" describes his lifelong struggle for a serious relationship. Easily one of the best works of American art ever made.

rustoffa
09-23-2004, 12:01 AM
"Ladies Night in Buffalo"?

All the women are fridgid as a motherfucker and this guy just wants to get some pussy.

People are eating bratwurst wings and he's shoving his hand down a snowbank instead of a girdle'd up pair of Lerner's booty slacks.

Pure fucking lament.

Switch84
09-28-2004, 11:37 AM
:D :p I hear ya, Russ Baby! He's singing about trying to get some ass, and it ain't happening. The prospects are as cold as Buffalo in January!

All he had to do was mosey his chaps-wearing cutie pie ass to the Motor City and he would've gotten a ride on Switchybaby's "FREEWAY OF LOVE"!!!!

BUWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!!

secrets
09-28-2004, 12:03 PM
Don't know what it's about but I love it anyway. I guess it relates to a scene in the movie that never got made 'Crazy From the Heat' as all the other songs on EEAS were made with this film in mind.

Marlowe01
09-28-2004, 04:25 PM
GodDAMN...I woulda paid like $30 to see that movie. Dave gets fucked over in every deal.

GAR
09-28-2004, 09:12 PM
Fucking PELICANS~!!

Coyote
09-29-2004, 01:44 AM
The solo's a bitch to play, though... :p

DeadOrAlive
10-03-2004, 08:15 PM
Yup.

derek zoolander
10-20-2004, 01:32 PM
Right on... gonna end updoing a load by hand up there...
Cornfed hog night in the" Empire State" backwoods...
Keep an eye out 'fer the locals

Johnny Alucard
10-22-2004, 01:46 PM
It is a personal theme. "Ladies Night in Buffalo" can be a metaphor for many things. But mostly it's about a guy trying to get some pussy in Buffalo on a Wednesday night when the ladies get free drinks.

Loons The Great
12-25-2006, 06:53 PM
Sizzlin' to the top-ahh!