PDA

View Full Version : Cbs Concern Over Viewership Plunge

ELVIS
09-16-2004, 07:18 PM
XXXXX DRUDGE REPORT XXXXX THU SEPT 16, 2004 11:42:09 ET XXXXX (http://www.drudgereport.com/cbsd3.htm)

CBS CONCERN OVER VIEWERSHIP PLUNGE; RATHER RATINGS FADE IN MAJOR MARKETS

http://espn-i.starwave.com/media/pg2/2001/1220/photo/i_rather_hi.jpg

CBS executives on both coasts have become concerned in recent days that Dan Rather's EVENING NEWS broadcast has plunged in the ratings since the anchor presented questionable documents about Bush's National Guard service.

NIELSEN numbers released this week show Rather fading and trailing his rivals in every Top 10 city, other than San Francisco, with audience margins in some cities running more than 6 to 1 against CBS!

Executives fear many voters inclined to vote for Bush are now switching off Rather.

"The audience appears to [be] polarized," a top CBS source said from LOS ANGELES on Thursday. "Rightly or wrongly, we're being perceived as 'anti-Bush,' which I do not think is fair to Dan, who is a fine journalist... of course we do not like to see the ratings coming back the way they are this week."

In Philadelphia, the nation's #4 market, Rather pulled a 2.6 rating/5 share on Tuesday night against ABC's 13.3 rating/23 share and NBC's 4.0/7.

In Chicago, Rather hit a 2.3/5 to ABC's 9.2/20.

CBS trailed ABC by more than 2 to 1 in Los Angeles.

And in the nation's top market, New York, Rather finished not only behind NBC NIGHTLY NEWS and ABC WORLD NEWS TONIGHT -- but also pulled less audience than reruns of the SIMPSONS, WILL & GRACE and KING OF QUEENS.

Rather finished dead last in New York during the 6:30 pm timeslot among all broadcast channels tracked by NIELSEN on Tuesday.

Developing...

:elvis:

diamondD
09-16-2004, 07:23 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! :D

FORD
09-16-2004, 07:28 PM
Misleading report.... as it turns out, CBS affiliates owned by right wing media groups such as Sinclair Broadcasting have mysteriously prempted broadcasts of Rather's news shows.

One even went as far as to subsitute an umistakably religious reich biased movie (introduced by Franklin Graham, no less, who considers Islam and Satan worship to be equal) in place of Rather's program.

Deliberate censorship and ratings manipulation..... free press, my ass! :mad:

ELVIS
09-16-2004, 07:32 PM
Oh bullshit!

If anything, the assholes at CBS are democratic operatives!

BigBadBrian
09-16-2004, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by FORD

Deliberate censorship and ratings manipulation..... free press, my ass! :mad:

You're familiar with that, aren't you Mr. Picture Swapper? Hmm? :gulp: