PDA

View Full Version : Why should Dubya be officially coronated this time?

madraoul
09-17-2004, 12:44 AM
Just what is he doing that makes your life better than it was four years ago?

wraytw
09-17-2004, 12:47 AM
...he's making FORD miserable.

FORD
09-17-2004, 12:50 AM
Originally posted by wraytw

Hey, it could be worse....

I could live in a state where people think Evan Bayh is a "liberal". ;)

madraoul
09-17-2004, 12:54 AM
Originally posted by wraytw

...and middle class America as well.

freak
09-17-2004, 12:57 AM
Originally posted by madraoul
Just what is he doing that makes your life better than it was four years ago?

Presidents don't make your life better. *You* make your life better.

I quit a .com helljob, stopped a three year long stretch of despising women after the ordeal with my ex-wife and snatched up the pretty young thing who had been pursuing me and then went to work for a small software outfit that actually has paying customers.

In short, I make more for less work and drive a vehicle my company gave me as a gift home to a 25 year old wife built like a brick shithouse who, for some strange reason, worships the ground I walk on.

The executive branch of the United States government didn't have dick to do with it.

wraytw
09-17-2004, 01:00 AM
...and middle class America as well.

Really? I'm doing quite well, thank you. :)

madraoul
09-17-2004, 01:08 AM
Originally posted by freak
Presidents don't make your life better. *You* make your life better.

In short, I make more for less work and drive a vehicle my company gave me as a gift home to a 25 year old wife built like a brick shithouse who, for some strange reason, worships the ground I walk on.

The executive branch of the United States government didn't have dick to do with it.

So, you received a vehicle gift home for your 25 year old supermodel. I'm happy for your "reality TV" success. Habib can do your job for a lot less. And he will settle for an uglier woman. What the hell, Wal-Mart always needs greeters.

freak
09-17-2004, 01:15 AM
So, you received a vehicle gift home for your 25 year old supermodel. I'm happy for your "reality TV" success. Habib can do your job for a lot less. And he will settle for an uglier woman. What the hell, Wal-Mart always needs greeters.

Instead of being bitter, why not shake things up in your life?

Dead serious, here.

As for Habib, fuck 'em. Habib isn't going to drive from Bangledesh to southern Florida and troubleshoot a network installation. He's gonna sit on the phone and say

"For you to restart your computer thank you."

No, WalMart needs more cashiers and less drooling rednecks wandering the isles. Greeters are a dime a dozen.

madraoul
09-17-2004, 02:16 AM
Instead of being bitter, why not shake things up in your life?

Dead serious, here.

As for Habib, fuck 'em. Habib isn't going to drive from Bangledesh to southern Florida and troubleshoot a network installation. He's gonna sit on the phone and say

"For you to restart your computer thank you."

No, WalMart needs more cashiers and less drooling rednecks wandering the isles. Greeters are a dime a dozen.

Nah, I'm not bitter. I just love America. In a time of war we should be rounding up the wagons and thinking America first. If they can outsource, they can insource. Your troubleshoot of a network installation might be peanuts for Habib. And he'll do it for spare change. Wal-Mart still wants greeters.

freak
09-17-2004, 02:26 AM
Nah, I'm not bitter. I just love America. In a time of war we should be rounding up the wagons and thinking America first. If they can outsource, they can insource. Your troubleshoot of a network installation might be peanuts for Habib. And he'll do it for spare change. Wal-Mart still wants greeters.

The outsourcing thing is going to stay with us for a lot of things. For some others, there has been a bit of a backlash. A lot of vendors have moved their tech support back to these shores simply because the foreign supporters were so horrible.

"Hello, I am Robert. Please for you to restart your..."

"Shaddup. Your name is Rajesh and you are reading off of a screen. Let me ask my question and wait for you to click all the options, find nothing, and get "Bill", your supervisor who will then do the same thing. Whereupon, I will hang up and order parts from your competitors."

"Ok sir, thank you. Please for you to restar.."

*click*

The way I look at it, if my position were outsourced, i'd simply do something else. Truth be told, I hate writing software and designing networks. I only do this shit because people pay me to. I'd rather start a landscaping business or something.

madraoul
09-17-2004, 03:03 AM
The outsourcing thing is going to stay with us for a lot of things. For some others, there has been a bit of a backlash. A lot of vendors have moved their tech support back to these shores simply because the foreign supporters were so horrible.

"Shaddup. Your name is Rajesh and you are reading off of a screen. Let me ask my question and wait for you to click all the options, find nothing, and get "Bill", your supervisor who will then do the same thing. Whereupon, I will hang up and order parts from your competitors."

*click*

The way I look at it, if my position were outsourced, i'd simply do something else. Truth be told, I hate writing software and designing networks. I only do this shit because people pay me to. I'd rather start a landscaping business or something.

I am with you on this one. If outsoursed, I'd do something else as well. Sometimes I wish for outsourcing. I just can't handle this fake war. If we were really at war, we would be circling the wagons and spouting all things American. Now, a nuke can come over in a crate of Nikes and we would never know.

ELVIS
09-17-2004, 04:26 AM
I just can't handle this fake war.

Good, take up drugs or alcohol, possibly both...

This war is real, and we real americans will handle it, and what ever else is thrown at us...

ODShowtime
09-17-2004, 11:56 AM

*click*

The economic nessecity of outsourcing expensive labor can be combated with only one remedy. GOVERNMENT. It will make us less efficient, but efficiency isn't everything.

sometimes I think the long term evil plan is to outsource everything until we are a nation of service givers. Then we won't have any tanks or planes and then it's easy pickings.

freak
09-17-2004, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by ODShowtime
The economic nessecity of outsourcing expensive labor can be combated with only one remedy. GOVERNMENT. It will make us less efficient, but efficiency isn't everything.

sometimes I think the long term evil plan is to outsource everything until we are a nation of service givers. Then we won't have any tanks or planes and then it's easy pickings.

The only fly in the ointment is the fact that we are the biggest consumers in the world.

Corporations aren't saving any money by outsourcing if their consumer base is unemployed or underpaid.

I figure things will balance out in time.

John Ashcroft
09-17-2004, 12:58 PM
They always do. The wonders of the free market.

Remember when Japan was going to own all of America? How'd that all turn out? Did the government have to step in and prohibit the sale of land to the Japanese?

The last thing we need is any more Government intervention, as the government fucks up every endeavor they "help" with.

FORD
09-17-2004, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by John Ashcroft
?

The last thing we need is any more Government intervention, as the government fucks up every endeavor they "help" with.

Except for "liberating" backwards countries with oil, right? :rolleyes:

John Ashcroft
09-17-2004, 01:05 PM
The military is the only outfit the government actually pulls off, but obviously at a very inflated cost.

FORD
09-17-2004, 01:10 PM
The military is the only outfit the government actually pulls off, but obviously at a very inflated cost.

The military's purpose is supposed to be defense of the United States, not corporate acquisitions for Halliburton & Texaco.

John Ashcroft
09-17-2004, 04:03 PM
They are defending the United States, and for you to say otherwise epitomizes disrespect.

Big Train
09-17-2004, 07:06 PM
I agree about the military JA, but must say the Post Office is the other government function that basically gets it right. The rest....is best if they have minimal intervention. Keep us safe and deliver the mail, all any government should do...

FORD
09-17-2004, 07:30 PM
They are defending the United States, and for you to say otherwise epitomizes disrespect.

Since Iraq was never a threat to the United States, and realisitically never would have been so, that's an illogical statement. And the same can be said of Vietnam, Korea, Daddy Bush's Iraq war, etc.

It's not the fault of the men and women in uniform, of course, but that doesn't change the reality of the situation - mainly that the US military is being abused by the BCE and their corporate buddies, for reasons that benefit the corporations, not the American people, including those in the uniform.