PDA

View Full Version : Couple 'raise' Cabbage Patch doll as son

Ally_Kat
09-17-2004, 02:23 PM
Couple 'raise' Cabbage Patch doll as son

A couple from the US state of Maryland have "raised" a Cabbage Patch doll as their only son for 19 years.

Pat and Joe Posey treat the 1ft doll, christened Kevin, as a human.

He goes everywhere with them, they talk to him - and he "replies" through Joe putting on his voice.

The doll has his own 1,000 sq ft playroom at the couple's home, a red doll-sized Chevrolet Corvette car, a pet dog, a full wardrobe and a £2,000 savings fund for when he goes to college.

Joe and Pat love him so much they prefer him to their real child, an adult daughter named Vicky, says The Sun.

Pat said: "With every kid that you adopt, you promise to love them and be a good parent and take care of this child. And that's what we did with Kevin." She said the doll is "easy-going, quiet and well-behaved".

Joe says the doll's favourite hobby is fishing, and father and son go on frequent trips to a pond near their home.

http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_1077471.html?menu=news.quirkies.eccentrics

Coyote
09-17-2004, 02:29 PM
Hmm... I'm too shocked to say anything.

Thank God I ain't like that, *turns to guitar* right Lizzie?

Mezro
09-17-2004, 03:42 PM
Couple 'raise' Phil Collins as son

A couple from the US state of Maryland have "raised" Phil Collins as their only son for 19 years.

Pat and Joe Posey treat the 1ft drummer, christened Phil, as a human.

He goes everywhere with them, they talk to him - and he "replies" through Joe putting on his voice.

"Hey Joe?"

"Yes Phil."

"Sussudio motherfucker!"

Mezro..."Hey Joe, did I tell you the one about Mike Rutherford pissing in my ass?"...

Coyote
09-17-2004, 03:56 PM
LMAO @ Mezro... :)

Mezro
09-17-2004, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by Coyote
LMAO @ Mezro... :)

LMAO @ Coyote and his great avatar:D

Mezro...Fat Man and Little Board...

guwapo_rocker
09-17-2004, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by Mezro
Couple 'raise' Phil Collins as son

A couple from the US state of Maryland have "raised" Phil Collins as their only son for 19 years.

Pat and Joe Posey treat the 1ft drummer, christened Phil, as a human.

"Hey Joe?"

"Yes Phil."

"Sussudio motherfucker!"

Mezro..."Hey Joe, did I tell you the one about Mike Rutherford pissing in my ass?"...

BAhahahahahahahahahahahahahaha:lol: :lol: :lol: :spank: :spank:

Man I needed a good laugh...thanks Mez!!

Coyote
09-17-2004, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by Mezro
LMAO @ Coyote and his great avatar:D

Mezro...Fat Man and Little Board...

Shit. I was gonna say something quite explanatory, but I forgot it. Oh well, more beer.

tjvhou812
09-17-2004, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by Ally_Kat
Couple 'raise' Cabbage Patch doll as son

A couple from the US state of Maryland have "raised" a Cabbage Patch doll as their only son for 19 years.

Pat and Joe Posey treat the 1ft doll, christened Kevin, as a human.

The doll has his own 1,000 sq ft playroom at the couple's home, a red doll-sized Chevrolet Corvette car, a pet dog, a full wardrobe and a £2,000 savings fund for when he goes to college.

Joe and Pat love him so much they prefer him to their real child, an adult daughter named Vicky, says The Sun.

Pat said: "With every kid that you adopt, you promise to love them and be a good parent and take care of this child. And that's what we did with Kevin." She said the doll is "easy-going, quiet and well-behaved".

Joe says the doll's favourite hobby is fishing, and father and son go on frequent trips to a pond near their home.

http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_1077471.html?menu=news.quirkies.eccentrics

too funny