PDA

View Full Version : assault weapon bad expired

scorpioboy33
09-17-2004, 10:42 PM
I find it disturbing that while claiming to protect the US's citizens Bush allowed a bill that restricted assault weapons expire...why?

BigBadBrian
09-17-2004, 11:17 PM
United States Constitution

Amendment II

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

:gun:

scorpioboy33
09-17-2004, 11:22 PM
hmmm did you see bowling for columbine? how many gun deaths?

wraytw
09-17-2004, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by scorpioboy33
how many gun deaths?

That's a flawed argument.

How many deaths from car accidents? ...Heart attacks? Let's ban automobiles and red meat, too.

ELVIS
09-17-2004, 11:29 PM
Exactly!

freak
09-17-2004, 11:33 PM
I find it disturbing that while claiming to protect the US's citizens Bush allowed a bill that restricted assault weapons expire...why?

Statement you are never going to hear:

"I'm going to blow your fucking head apart! No, wait... This Uzi is illegal. I better not do that."

freak
09-17-2004, 11:34 PM
hmmm did you see bowling for columbine?

I prefer my fiction to have at least some entertainment value, thanks.

scorpioboy33
09-17-2004, 11:36 PM
ok you guys are right...they should start selling missles to...why not....ruby ridge right guys?

freak
09-17-2004, 11:44 PM
ok you guys are right...they should start selling missles to...why not....ruby ridge right guys?

Yes. That's actually a darned good idea. Maybe the nutcases will off each other and we'll finally be rd of them.

jcook11
09-18-2004, 01:23 AM
If I own a gun "in my own home" "in my own home" that wil knock down 100 bad guys per scond, What do you care. Youre' not the bad guy are you?

Pink Spider
09-18-2004, 06:31 AM

Bush had nothing to do with letting it expire. After all, he promised to renew it if it ever reached him and was pretty much for it. He should not receive credit for doing so. Shrub is a gun grabbing Republican no matter what excuses come from his party or the Democrats to make us believe that he somehow is in sync with the NRA. Nothing could be further from the truth.

BTW, look at the neo-cons and their spineless neo-liberal counterparts passing things like the Patriot Act and establishing "free"-speech zones If that doesn't make you rethink your stance on the 2nd amendment issue, I think you're beyond hope.