PDA

View Full Version : Lets not forget these Golden Words of Wisdom!

BigBadBrian
09-17-2004, 11:44 PM
Things that were said in the past:

"One way or the other, we are determined to deny Iraq the capacity to
develop weapons of mass destruction and the missiles to deliver them.
That is our bottom line."
President Clinton, Feb. 4, 1998

"If Saddam rejects peace and we have to use force, our purpose is clear. We want to seriously diminish the threat posed by Iraq's weapons of mass destruction program."
President Clinton, Feb. 17, 1998

Iraq is a long way from [here], but what happens there matters a great deal here. For the risks that the leaders of a rogue state will use nuclear, chemical or biological weapons against us or our allies is the greatest security threat we face."
Madeline Albright, Feb 18, 1998

"He will use those weapons of mass destruction again, as he has ten time since 1983."
Sandy Berger, Clinton National Security Adviser, Feb,18,1998

"[W]e urge you, after consulting with Congress, and consistent with the U.S. Constitution and laws, to take necessary actions (including, if
appropriate, air and missile strikes on suspect Iraqi sites) to respond
effectively to the threat posed by Iraq's refusal to end its weapons of
mass destruction programs."
Letter to President Clinton, signed by Sens. Carl Levin (D-MI), Tom
Daschle (D-SD), John Kerry( D - MA), and others Oct. 9, 1998

"Saddam Hussein has been engaged in the development of weapons of mass destruction technology which is a threat to countries in the region and he has made a mockery of the weapons inspection process."
Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D,CA), Dec. 16, 1998

"Hussein has .. chosen to spend his money on building weapons of mass destruction and palaces for his cronies."
Madeline Albright, Clinton Secretary of State, Nov. 10, 1999

"There is no doubt that ... Saddam Hussein has invigorated his weapons programs. Reports indicate that biological, chemical and nuclear programs continue at apace and may be back to pre-Gulf War status. In addition, Saddam continues to redefine delivery systems and is doubtless using the cover of an illicit missile program to develop longer-range missiles that will threaten the United States and our allies."
Letter to President Bush, Signed by Sen. Bob Graham (D, FL,) and others,
Dec . 5, 2001

"We begin with the common belief that Saddam Hussein is a tyrant and threat to the peace and stability of the region. He has ignored the mandates of the United Nations and is building weapons of mass destruction and the means of delivering them."
Sen. Carl Levin (D, MI), Sept. 19, 2002

"We know that he has stored secret supplies of biological and chemical weapons throughout his country."
Al Gore, Sept. 23, 2002 "Iraq's search for weapons of mass destruction has proven impossible to
deter and we should assume that it will continue for as long as Saddam is in power."
Al Gore, Sept. 23, 2002

"We have known for many years that Saddam Hussein is seeking and developing weapons of mass destruction."
Sen. Ted Kennedy (D, MA), Sept. 27,2002

"The last UN weapons inspectors left Iraq in October of 1998. We are
confident that Saddam Hussein retains some stockpiles of chemical and biological weapons, and that he has since embarked on a crash course to build up his chemical and biological warfare capabilities. Intelligence reports indicate that he is seeking nuclear weapons..."
Sen. Robert Byrd (D, WV), Oct. 3, 2002

"I will be voting to give the President of the United States the authority to use force-- if necessary-- to disarm Saddam Hussein because believe that a deadly arsenal of weapons of mass destruction in his hands is a real and grave threat to our security."
Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), Oct. 9, 2002

"There is unmistakable evidence that Saddam Hussein is working aggressively to develop nuclear weapons and will likely have nuclear weapons within the next five years .. We also should remember we have always underestimated the progress Saddam has made in development of weapons of mass destruction."
Sen. Jay Rockefeller (D, WV), Oct 10, 2002

"He has systematically violated, over the course of the past 11 years,
every significant UN resolution that has demanded that he disarm and
destroy his chemical and biological weapons, and any nuclear capacity. This he has refused to do"
Rep. Henry Waxman (D, CA), Oct. 10, 2002

"In the four years since the inspectors left, intelligence reports show
that Saddam Hussein has worked to rebuild his chemical and biological weapons stock, his missile delivery capability, and his nuclear program. He has also given aid, comfort, and sanctuary to terrorists, including al Qaeda members.. It is clear, however, that if left unchecked, Saddam Hussein will continue to increase his capacity to wage biological and chemical warfare, and will keep trying to develop nuclear weapons."
Sen. Hillary Clinton (D, NY), Oct 10,2002

"We are in possession of what I think to be compelling evidence that Saddam Hussein has, and has had for a number of years, a developing capacity for the production and storage of weapons of mass destruction."
Sen. Bob Graham (D,FL), Dec. 8, 2002

"Without question, we need to disarm Saddam Hussein. He is a brutal, murderous dictator, leading an oppressive regime ... He presents a particularly grievous threat because he is so consistently prone to miscalculation ..And now he is miscalculating America's response to his continued deceit and his consistent grasp for weapons of mass destruction ... So the threat of Saddam Hussein with weapons of mass destruction is real."
Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA),Jan.23. 2003

SO NOW THESE SAME DEMOCRATS SAY PRESIDENT BUSH LIED ABOUT THE IRAQ WMD ISSUE. DO WE HAVE A DOUBLE STANDARD HERE?

DrMaddVibe
09-18-2004, 07:20 PM
Lest we forget!

Let's bear in mind who their target audience was and what was going on to formultae those statements.

With Bush...he says it and he gets it done.

ELVIS
09-18-2004, 07:32 PM
"In the four years since the inspectors left, intelligence reports show
that Saddam Hussein has worked to rebuild his chemical and biological weapons stock, his missile delivery capability, and his nuclear program. He has also given aid, comfort, and sanctuary to terrorists, including al Qaeda members.. It is clear, however, that if left unchecked, Saddam Hussein will continue to increase his capacity to wage biological and chemical warfare, and will keep trying to develop nuclear weapons."
Sen. Hillary Clinton (D, NY), Oct 10,2002

This one was particularly interesting...

FORD
09-18-2004, 07:51 PM
What part of the "intelligence" was coming from the treasonous lying PNAC neocon cowards don't you understand??

The traitors started sending this forged "intelligence" to the Clinton administration in 1998, trying to get him to do their work for them. When that failed, they found an empty headed moron to stick in front of a camera as "pResident" who wouldn't question them. Then they continued to lie to congress with the same forged "intelligence"

If Kerry and the other Senators are guilty of anything, it's the assumption that these neocon bastards knew what they were talking about. But that's understandable since, before this cabal hijacked the White House, it was a pretty safe assumption in both parties that regardless of political differences, the security of the United States would be taken most seriously.

The BCE & PNAC violated that trust, as they KNEW the "intelligence" was bullshit

ELVIS
09-18-2004, 08:12 PM
What an opportunistic apologist you are...

You'll try to explain away anything that doesn't fit your agenda...

Warham
09-18-2004, 08:29 PM
FORD, was the BCE giving this false info to the Brits and other countries that also suspected that Iraq had WMDs?

Is the BCE one of those world-wide organizations like SPECTRE, HYDRA, or COBRA, or is it just a North American operation? Please inform us.

DrMaddVibe
09-18-2004, 09:29 PM
A real American hero...GI Joe is there!

Baw-hahahahahaha!

Warham
09-18-2004, 10:06 PM
Yep. More American than John Kerry.

:D

DrMaddVibe
09-20-2004, 08:49 AM
I don't think he's American.

Pink Spider
09-20-2004, 09:03 AM
I suppose Shrub dressing up early for Halloween impresses some people.

They both look like fools.

FORD
09-20-2004, 09:18 AM
The difference in that picture is that Judas wasn't looking for a photo op and he knew he looked like an idiot in the lab suit. Junior actually thinks his stuffed sock flight suit makes him look good.

Sgt Schultz
09-20-2004, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by Pink Spider
I suppose Shrub dressing up early for Halloween impresses some people.

They both look like fools.

Well, "the Shrub" had the ability to pilot fighter aircraft while Kerry could only steer a boat.

Pink Spider
09-20-2004, 09:43 AM
So, I should be impressed?

Can he drive a car too? Wow! :rolleyes:

Sgt Schultz
09-20-2004, 09:44 AM
Oh and let's not forget another gem from everyone's favorite ex-KKK leader, Robert C byrd!

"Saddam Hussein has shown repeatedly that he cannot be trusted. He has crossed the diplomatic line in the sand again and again and then reneged on his promises. The administration, with its several military buildups, has threatened, 'Wolf! Wolf!' too often and then backed off; this time the wolf should show its claws and teeth.

The U.S. should strike, strike hard and strike decisively. In this instance, the administration needs to act sooner rather than later."

Saddam has shown that our diplomacy doesn't work, and he should not be allowed to manipulate the U.S. again. He should feel the pain of a real bite."

"[Hussein]has promoted the starvation of Iraqi children so that he and his cabal can live in palaces. Saddam Hussein is a scourge on the people of Iraq and a menace to peace."

++++++++++++++++++++++
Yet the libs constantly trumpet this guy's moronic speeches in the Senate over the alst year.

Sgt Schultz
09-20-2004, 09:47 AM
So, I should be impressed?

Can he drive a car too? Wow! :rolleyes:

Well, if you knew anything you'd know that only the best of the best pilots can fly fighters but only left wingers would compare that with driving a car because they don't know squat about anything military.

Pink Spider
09-20-2004, 09:55 AM
Hand eye coordination does not equal intelligence or the ability to be a president. That was the point I was trying to make. That's it NOT relevant to sane people. But, you should question the coordination of anyone that does the impossible and falls off a Segway.

Sgt Schultz
09-20-2004, 10:07 AM
Hand eye coordination does not equal intelligence or the ability to be a president. That was the point I was trying to make. That's it NOT relevant to sane people. But, you should question the coordination of anyone that does the impossible and falls off a Segway.

There's a HELLUVA lot more to piloting an aircraft, especially a fighter, than "hand eye coordination". Using your criteria, punks that are good at Gameboy could be flying F-117s after graduating High School.

I only bring it up becasue the left has been peeing its pants since Bushed DARED to land on an aircraft carrier in a flight suit (gee, I thought Bush was a coward) and was cheered and welcomed by the crew.

So Bush's ability to pilot a fighter jet doesn't equate to an ability to be President but Kerry's ability to steer a boat does.

If a Segway is not turned on, does it work properly?

Pink Spider
09-20-2004, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by Sgt Schultz
There's a HELLUVA lot more to piloting an aircraft, especially a fighter, than "hand eye coordination". Using your criteria, punks that are good at Gameboy could be flying F-117s after graduating High School.

Where did I set standards? I know that not just anyone can pilot an aircraft. But, does it matter much to me? I'm not flying one so, no!

I only bring it up becasue the left has been peeing its pants since Bushed DARED to land on an aircraft carrier in a flight suit (gee, I thought Bush was a coward) and was cheered and welcomed by the crew.

It's called a photo-op. Look it up.

So Bush's ability to pilot a fighter jet doesn't equate to an ability to be President but Kerry's ability to steer a boat does.

Absolutely not! That's the whole point I'm trying to make. Who cares? I only look at what they're going to do to present and future.

If a Segway is not turned on, does it work properly?

So, he can't turn on a Segway either. :D

Pink Spider
09-20-2004, 10:44 AM
Oh, and back on topic about the Democrat hypocrisy. Just because you have a bipartisan agreement doesn't mean that they aren't ALL liars and con artists.

Staying true to form, if the Democrats agreed with it, wouldn't Republicans be by default against it like every other issue they're fed? You wouldn't know up from down if your Republicrat leaders didn't herd you in your respective directions.

knuckleboner
09-20-2004, 10:56 AM
uh...if we're going to bring up quotes from the past, how about some where candidate bush argues against nation-building?

the fact is that circumstances change over the years. not EVERY change of position is just a poll-watching flip-flop...

DrMaddVibe
09-20-2004, 10:56 AM
Freedom is something we, as Americans, often take for granted. We take for granted our right to assemble, to protest, and to affiliate with whomever we wish. For some people around the world these rights exist only as a dream, much in the same way as they existed to our founding fathers before 1776. This is true for the students of Iran. Recently we had the pleasure to speak to Aryo Pirouznia, co-ordinator of the Student Movement Coordination Committee for Democracy in Iran (SMCCDI), an organization committed to the idea of bringing secular democracy to the people of Iran.

Aryo Pirouznia escaped Iran in November of 1982 to France and in December of 1993 came to America. The struggle for freedom in Iran has not been an easy one; "Our structure (in Iran) has been damaged by the repressive regime in Iran" the 40 year old dissident tells me "Many of my friends have been killed. Many of our comrades have given up their lives."

The current Iranian government came to power through the Islamic revolution, which began in February of 1979. Four months later, that same spring, the Islamic republic was born through "popular" referendum, which was achieved through fixed ballot boxes and intimidation by Armed militia men watching every move of voters. Those who cast ballots against the revolution were beaten. An eight-year crackdown on dissidence followed the phony referendum.

"For infractions as small as playing cards people were imprisoned and beaten, because it was forbidden by Islamic law. " Aryo informed me. It was a reality frighteningly reminiscent of Orwell's vision of 1984, where, I was told, "Children spied on their parents."

Recent events in the Middle East have brought a new fervor to the students of Iran. The liberation of millions in Afghanistan and Iraq has initiated a new time of hope in the region. This, however, has given rise to opposition from many people in America and around the first world in the form of protest marches. Pirouznia's opinion of these "peace protests" are uncompromising, "I think, no offense, these people are devoid of logical sense, they are living in old geopolitical perimeters."

"They are not listening to the poor people of these countries. They are grateful for the overthrow of the Taliban in Afghanistan. They are grateful for the overthrow of Saddam in Iraq. These protesters are simply idealistic without logic. They are playing the game of the mullahs and Bin Laden without fully understanding what they are doing. We come from this region. We know what is going on. They are making themselves the echo of the agendas of these men."

When asked for his thoughts George W. Bush, Pirouznia proudly answered, "Millions of my comrades are praying for his reelection. He is a man of principal. He has, with lucidity, qualified the Islamic regimes as evil. Iranians are qualifying Bush as a messiah of freedom." He went to on to compare him to Franklin Roosevelt and Ronald Reagan, in his stance against global villainy. A fitting comparison, seeing as Reagan made a similar qualification of the Soviet regime in his famous and controversial evil empire speech.

The follow up to this question was obvious, I had to ask his opinion of Mr. Bush's opponent in November, John Kerry. "Kerry has close Iranian friends, who are among his contributors." Aryo stated, "An old Iranian saying is 'If you want to know a person, know first his friends.'"

Hassan Nemazee is John Kerry's primary Iranian supporter, and no friend to the SMCCDI. Recently, Mr. Nemazee has brought a frivolous 10 million dollar law suit on the SMCCDI. Nemazee, according to SMCCDI's website, "is a wealthy and controversial Iranian-American businessman who was nominated by President Clinton to be a U.S. Ambassador to Argentina. His nomination was rejected by the U.S. Senate, following the publication of some very troubling news on his financial activities in the famous and credible 'Forbes Magazine'." In a public statement about these lawsuits, SMCCDI has stated the following:

These two frivolous and potentially muffling law suits were filed on March 3rd at the 125th Judicial District Court of Harris County (Houston Texas) by Nemazee's hot shot lawyer, Charles R. Parker, who specializes in "complex business litigations." The SMCCDI's registrant was served on April 16th, and the Student Movement's coordinator, Aryo B. Pirouznia, was served on April 20th.

Tactically, the law suits are believed to be an attempt to publicly rehabilitate Nemazee's reputation. Being the subject of many less than positive discussions, Nemazee needs his image polished to cleanse John Kerry's Presidential campaign that has been tarnished with troubling questions on his international links.

Fear of a Kerry presidency comes from statements the senator from Massachusetts made several months ago. He stated that he planned on "engaging" the Islamic regime. The very terrorist regime that our own State Department lists as the most active "State Sponsor of Terrorism."

Of the Islamic Theocracy that has a hold on Iran Aryo states, "They know that the human aspiration moves toward freedom." Stated the optimistic Aryo, "They believe that this problem must be attacked at its source…America." His idealism is truly an inspiration.

Visit the website: www.daneshjoo.org

Sgt Schultz
09-20-2004, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by knuckleboner
uh...if we're going to bring up quotes from the past, how about some where candidate bush argues against nation-building?

the fact is that circumstances change over the years. not EVERY change of position is just a poll-watching flip-flop...

If I'm not mistaken the quotes above were given before AND after 9/11/01.

Bush talking about nation building was before 9/11.

Big difference.

knuckleboner
09-20-2004, 12:46 PM
i know...that's my whole point.

bush thought there was no business for the U.S. to engage in nation building. events occurred; circumstances changed, and he changed his mind.

which means that events can change that change other people's minds, too.

again, meaning that not every change in opinion is a flip-flop...

Sgt Schultz
09-20-2004, 01:01 PM
Sorry, I beg to differ. What the Senate Democrats are saying IS a definate flip-flop.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Robert Byrd BEFORE 9/11
"Saddam Hussein has shown repeatedly that he cannot be trusted. He has crossed the diplomatic line in the sand again and again and then reneged on his promises. The administration, with its several military buildups, has threatened, 'Wolf! Wolf!' too often and then backed off; this time the wolf should show its claws and teeth.

The U.S. should strike, strike hard and strike decisively. In this instance, the administration needs to act sooner rather than later."

Saddam has shown that our diplomacy doesn't work, and he should not be allowed to manipulate the U.S. again. He should feel the pain of a real bite."

"[Hussein]has promoted the starvation of Iraqi children so that he and his cabal can live in palaces. Saddam Hussein is a scourge on the people of Iraq and a menace to peace."

Robert Byrd AFTER 9/11

"The last UN weapons inspectors left Iraq in October of 1998. We are
confident that Saddam Hussein retains some stockpiles of chemical and biological weapons, and that he has since embarked on a crash course to build up his chemical and biological warfare capabilities. Intelligence reports indicate that he is seeking nuclear weapons..."
Sen. Robert Byrd (D, WV), Oct. 3, 2002
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

And refer to the above statments by other Senate Democrats. So why are they saying what they are saying now? Easy. The Presidential election.

knuckleboner
09-20-2004, 01:31 PM
perhaps...

but you've also got the secretary of state believing that there were no stockpiles of WMD (as opposed to what was previously thought).

keeping the ability to quickly produce WMD certainly isn't a friendly gesture on iraq's part. but it might be the difference between stances 2 years apart.

and, i'm in no way trying to say that all democratic responses are immune from flip-flopping.

to be honest, i thought bush's debate opposition to nation building, outright, was a bit too simplistic. i give him full credit for changing his opinion due to circumstances.

ELVIS
09-20-2004, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by FORD
The difference in that picture is that Judas wasn't looking for a photo op

What ??

Keep it up loudmouth...:rolleyes:

John Ashcroft
09-20-2004, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by knuckleboner
i know...that's my whole point.

bush thought there was no business for the U.S. to engage in nation building. events occurred; circumstances changed, and he changed his mind.

which means that events can change that change other people's minds, too.

again, meaning that not every change in opinion is a flip-flop...

I'd buy it if something other than the U.S. Adminstration changed between the time those comments were made, and the months leading up to the Iraq War.

So what changed that would warrant such a polar-opposite reaction out of the above quoted Liberals? What on Earth changed?

knuckleboner
09-20-2004, 04:29 PM
perhaps the perception on exactly what level of WMD or WMD capacity iraq has.

many of the quotes are from 2002, when the current administration was still in office.

mind you, again, i'm not saying the democrats are all above changing positions to hit the administration. i'm sure some aren't.

just like, i'm sure that some of the republicans who opposed putting American troops in harm's way for humanitarian reasons in bosnia and now laud the benefits of liberating iraqis have been slightly influenced by who's foreign policy they were opposing/supporting.

DrMaddVibe
09-20-2004, 07:26 PM
Monday, September 20th, 2004
Put Away Your Hankies...a message from Michael Moore

9/20/04

Dear Friends,

Enough of the handwringing! Enough of the doomsaying! Do I have to come there and personally calm you down? Stop with all the defeatism, OK? Bush IS a goner -- IF we all just quit our whining and bellyaching and stop shaking like a bunch of nervous ninnies. Geez, this is embarrassing! The Republicans are laughing at us. Do you ever see them cry, "Oh, it's all over! We are finished! Bush can't win! Waaaaaa!"

Hell no. It's never over for them until the last ballot is shredded. They are never finished -- they just keeping moving forward like sharks that never sleep, always pushing, pulling, kicking, blocking, lying.

They are relentless and that is why we secretly admire them -- they just simply never, ever give up. Only 30% of the country calls itself "Republican," yet the Republicans own it all -- the White House, both houses of Congress, the Supreme Court and the majority of the governorships. How do you think they've been able to pull that off considering they are a minority? It's because they eat you and me and every other liberal for breakfast and then spend the rest of the day wreaking havoc on the planet.

Look at us -- what a bunch of crybabies. Bush gets a bounce after his convention and you would have thought the Germans had run through Poland again. The Bushies are coming, the Bushies are coming! Yes, they caught Kerry asleep on the Swift Boat thing. Yes, they found the frequency in Dan Rather and ran with it. Suddenly it's like, "THE END IS NEAR! THE SKY IS FALLING!"

No, it is not. If I hear one more person tell me how lousy a candidate Kerry is and how he can't win... Dammit, of COURSE he's a lousy candidate -- he's a Democrat, for heavens sake! That party is so pathetic, they even lose the elections they win! What were you expecting, Bruce Springsteen heading up the ticket? Bruce would make a helluva president, but guys like him don't run -- and neither do you or I. People like Kerry run.

Yes, OF COURSE any of us would have run a better, smarter, kick-ass campaign. Of course we would have smacked each and every one of those phony swifty boaty bastards down. But WE are not running for president -- Kerry is. So quit complaining and work with what we have. Oprah just gave 300 women a... Pontiac! Did you see any of them frowning and moaning and screaming, "Oh God, NOT a friggin' Pontiac!" Of course not, they were happy. The Pontiacs all had four wheels, an engine and a gas pedal. You want more than that, well, I can't help you. I had a Pontiac once and it lasted a good year. And it was a VERY good year.

My friends, it is time for a reality check.

1. The polls are wrong. They are all over the map like diarrhea. On Friday, one poll had Bush 13 points ahead -- and another poll had them both tied. There are three reasons why the polls are b.s.: One, they are polling "likely voters." "Likely" means those who have consistently voted in the past few elections. So that cuts out young people who are voting for the first time and a ton of non-voters who are definitely going to vote in THIS election. Second, they are not polling people who use their cell phone as their primary phone. Again, that means they are not talking to young people. Finally, most of the polls are weighted with too many Republicans, as pollster John Zogby revealed last week. You are being snookered if you believe any of these polls.

2. Kerry has brought in the Clinton A-team. Instead of shunning Clinton (as Gore did), Kerry has decided to not make that mistake.

3. Traveling around the country, as I've been doing, I gotta tell ya, there is a hell of a lot of unrest out there. Much of it is not being captured by the mainstream press. But it is simmering and it is real. Do not let those well-produced Bush rallies of angry white people scare you. Turn off the TV! (Except Jon Stewart and Bill Moyers -- everything else is just a sugar-coated lie).

4. Conventional wisdom says if the election is decided on "9/11" (the fear of terrorism), Bush wins. But if it is decided on the job we are doing in Iraq, then Bush loses. And folks, that "job," you might have noticed, has descended into the third level of a hell we used to call Vietnam. There is no way out. It is a full-blown mess of a quagmire and the body bags will sadly only mount higher. Regardless of what Kerry meant by his original war vote, he ain't the one who sent those kids to their deaths -- and Mr. and Mrs. Middle America knows it. Had Bush bothered to show up when he was in the "service" he might have somewhat of a clue as to how to recognize an immoral war that cannot be "won." All he has delivered to Iraq was that plasticized turkey last Thanksgiving. It is this failure of monumental proportions that is going to cook his goose come this November.

So, do not despair. All is not over. Far from it. The Bush people need you to believe that it is over. They need you to slump back into your easy chair and feel that sick pain in your gut as you contemplate another four years of George W. Bush. They need you to wish we had a candidate who didn't windsurf and who was just as smart as we were when WE knew Bush was lying about WMD and Saddam planning 9/11. It's like Karl Rove is hypnotizing you -- "Kerry voted for the war...Kerry voted for the war...Kerrrrrryyy vooootted fooooor theeee warrrrrrrrrr..."

Yes...Yes...Yesssss....He did! HE DID! No sense in fighting now...what I need is sleep...sleeep...sleeeeeeppppp...

WAKE UP! The majority are with us! More than half of all Americans are pro-choice, want stronger environmental laws, are appalled that assault weapons are back on the street -- and 54% now believe the war is wrong. YOU DON'T EVEN HAVE TO CONVINCE THEM OF ANY OF THIS -- YOU JUST HAVE TO GIVE THEM A RAY OF HOPE AND A RIDE TO THE POLLS. CAN YOU DO THAT? WILL YOU DO THAT?

Just for me, please? Buck up. The country is almost back in our hands. Not another negative word until Nov. 3rd! Then you can bitch all you want about how you wish Kerry was still that long-haired kid who once had the courage to stand up for something. Personally, I think that kid is still inside him. Instead of the wailing and gnashing of your teeth, why not hold out a hand to him and help the inner soldier/protester come out and defeat the forces of evil we now so desperately face. Do we have any other choice?

Yours,

Michael Moore
www.michaelmoore.com
mmflint@aol.com

Sarge's Little Helper
09-20-2004, 07:27 PM
Monday, September 20th, 2004
Put Away Your Hankies...a message from Michael Moore

9/20/04

Dear Friends,

Enough of the handwringing! Enough of the doomsaying! Do I have to come there and personally calm you down? Stop with all the defeatism, OK? Bush IS a goner -- IF we all just quit our whining and bellyaching and stop shaking like a bunch of nervous ninnies. Geez, this is embarrassing! The Republicans are laughing at us. Do you ever see them cry, "Oh, it's all over! We are finished! Bush can't win! Waaaaaa!"

Hell no. It's never over for them until the last ballot is shredded. They are never finished -- they just keeping moving forward like sharks that never sleep, always pushing, pulling, kicking, blocking, lying.

They are relentless and that is why we secretly admire them -- they just simply never, ever give up. Only 30% of the country calls itself "Republican," yet the Republicans own it all -- the White House, both houses of Congress, the Supreme Court and the majority of the governorships. How do you think they've been able to pull that off considering they are a minority? It's because they eat you and me and every other liberal for breakfast and then spend the rest of the day wreaking havoc on the planet.

Look at us -- what a bunch of crybabies. Bush gets a bounce after his convention and you would have thought the Germans had run through Poland again. The Bushies are coming, the Bushies are coming! Yes, they caught Kerry asleep on the Swift Boat thing. Yes, they found the frequency in Dan Rather and ran with it. Suddenly it's like, "THE END IS NEAR! THE SKY IS FALLING!"

No, it is not. If I hear one more person tell me how lousy a candidate Kerry is and how he can't win... Dammit, of COURSE he's a lousy candidate -- he's a Democrat, for heavens sake! That party is so pathetic, they even lose the elections they win! What were you expecting, Bruce Springsteen heading up the ticket? Bruce would make a helluva president, but guys like him don't run -- and neither do you or I. People like Kerry run.

Yes, OF COURSE any of us would have run a better, smarter, kick-ass campaign. Of course we would have smacked each and every one of those phony swifty boaty bastards down. But WE are not running for president -- Kerry is. So quit complaining and work with what we have. Oprah just gave 300 women a... Pontiac! Did you see any of them frowning and moaning and screaming, "Oh God, NOT a friggin' Pontiac!" Of course not, they were happy. The Pontiacs all had four wheels, an engine and a gas pedal. You want more than that, well, I can't help you. I had a Pontiac once and it lasted a good year. And it was a VERY good year.

My friends, it is time for a reality check.

1. The polls are wrong. They are all over the map like diarrhea. On Friday, one poll had Bush 13 points ahead -- and another poll had them both tied. There are three reasons why the polls are b.s.: One, they are polling "likely voters." "Likely" means those who have consistently voted in the past few elections. So that cuts out young people who are voting for the first time and a ton of non-voters who are definitely going to vote in THIS election. Second, they are not polling people who use their cell phone as their primary phone. Again, that means they are not talking to young people. Finally, most of the polls are weighted with too many Republicans, as pollster John Zogby revealed last week. You are being snookered if you believe any of these polls.

2. Kerry has brought in the Clinton A-team. Instead of shunning Clinton (as Gore did), Kerry has decided to not make that mistake.

3. Traveling around the country, as I've been doing, I gotta tell ya, there is a hell of a lot of unrest out there. Much of it is not being captured by the mainstream press. But it is simmering and it is real. Do not let those well-produced Bush rallies of angry white people scare you. Turn off the TV! (Except Jon Stewart and Bill Moyers -- everything else is just a sugar-coated lie).

4. Conventional wisdom says if the election is decided on "9/11" (the fear of terrorism), Bush wins. But if it is decided on the job we are doing in Iraq, then Bush loses. And folks, that "job," you might have noticed, has descended into the third level of a hell we used to call Vietnam. There is no way out. It is a full-blown mess of a quagmire and the body bags will sadly only mount higher. Regardless of what Kerry meant by his original war vote, he ain't the one who sent those kids to their deaths -- and Mr. and Mrs. Middle America knows it. Had Bush bothered to show up when he was in the "service" he might have somewhat of a clue as to how to recognize an immoral war that cannot be "won." All he has delivered to Iraq was that plasticized turkey last Thanksgiving. It is this failure of monumental proportions that is going to cook his goose come this November.

So, do not despair. All is not over. Far from it. The Bush people need you to believe that it is over. They need you to slump back into your easy chair and feel that sick pain in your gut as you contemplate another four years of George W. Bush. They need you to wish we had a candidate who didn't windsurf and who was just as smart as we were when WE knew Bush was lying about WMD and Saddam planning 9/11. It's like Karl Rove is hypnotizing you -- "Kerry voted for the war...Kerry voted for the war...Kerrrrrryyy vooootted fooooor theeee warrrrrrrrrr..."

Yes...Yes...Yesssss....He did! HE DID! No sense in fighting now...what I need is sleep...sleeep...sleeeeeeppppp...

WAKE UP! The majority are with us! More than half of all Americans are pro-choice, want stronger environmental laws, are appalled that assault weapons are back on the street -- and 54% now believe the war is wrong. YOU DON'T EVEN HAVE TO CONVINCE THEM OF ANY OF THIS -- YOU JUST HAVE TO GIVE THEM A RAY OF HOPE AND A RIDE TO THE POLLS. CAN YOU DO THAT? WILL YOU DO THAT?

Just for me, please? Buck up. The country is almost back in our hands. Not another negative word until Nov. 3rd! Then you can bitch all you want about how you wish Kerry was still that long-haired kid who once had the courage to stand up for something. Personally, I think that kid is still inside him. Instead of the wailing and gnashing of your teeth, why not hold out a hand to him and help the inner soldier/protester come out and defeat the forces of evil we now so desperately face. Do we have any other choice?

Yours,

Michael Moore
www.michaelmoore.com
mmflint@aol.com

Oops. I wasn't paying attention. Tell me again what is going on.

lms2
09-20-2004, 11:51 PM
dont feel bad SLH picks on me too.