PDA

View Full Version : New AC/DC Album

PHOENIX
01-25-2004, 01:29 PM
New Album To Be 'Harder' Than The Last

AC/DC frontman Brian Johnson told Italy's Rock Hard magazine that the band will definitely come out with a new studio album in 2004 and that guitarist Angus Young has written "harder" riffs than the ones that appeared on their last studio CD, "Stiff Upper Lip". Johnson also said he will be handling lyrics this time around, which will mark the first time since 1988's "Blow Up Your Video" that Johnson will be penning lyrics for the band. He also said that a world tour will coincide with the release of the new album.

DLR7884
01-25-2004, 01:32 PM
Good, I haven't ever taken advantage of the opportunity to go see them live. You bet your ass I'll be out to see them this next tour!

DLR7884
Wish I had the chance to see them with Bon Scott though.

PHOENIX
01-25-2004, 01:41 PM
WOW! You havent seen them live???

Check them out next time. They are fucking loud and you'll come out of there looking for the closest bar.:D

DLR7884
01-25-2004, 01:50 PM
I had a chance to see them on the Ballbreaker tour when I was in highschool, but I had to fucking work that night.

My brother is 10 years older than me and he told me how cool they are too see live. He saw them open for KISS on their first tour.

DLR7884
I'm only 25, so my chances to see good bands have been few and far between! :)

Gmoney
01-25-2004, 02:36 PM
Looking forward to a new album and tour!!!

Mr Badguy
01-25-2004, 02:59 PM
"Harder" riffs than "Stiff upper lip"?

I thought that album rocked pretty hard.

Any harder and you would be talking "Powerage", IMO their heaviest and best LP.

DLR7884
01-25-2004, 03:02 PM
"Powerage"--what a great album.

Always gets missed when people mention their favorite AC/DC album.

DLR7884
Good to see that somebody else recognizes what a great one that was!

Mr Badguy
01-25-2004, 03:15 PM
Yes but there are two different versions.

The original version I bought had no "Rock n roll damnation".

It kicked off with "Gimme a bullet" and had another song, "Cold hearted man", on the second side.

When I replaced my Vinyl with a CD, it had "Rock n roll damnation" up first and no "Cold hearted man".

It also had a remix as their were loads of background vocals and an extra section at the end of "Down payment blues".

I never found out why.

Also the CD of "Let there be rock" has "Problem child" instead of "Crabsody in blue", which appeared on the LP I bought aeons ago.

Even the recently released remasters still don`t contain these tracks.

PHOENIX
01-25-2004, 05:21 PM
I think For Those About To Rock is their hardest album.