PDA

View Full Version : GOP Plays to Southern Paranoia - says Kerry will Ban the BIBLE!!

FORD
09-18-2004, 03:52 PM
GOP mailing warns liberals will ban bibles

By WILL LESTER
The Associated Press
9/17/2004, 6:22 p.m. CT

WASHINGTON (AP) — Campaign mail with a return address of the Republican National Committee warns West Virginia voters that the Bible will be prohibited and men will marry men if liberals win in November.

West Virgina huh? I'll bet our buddy Phil Parlockkk is up to his beady little Nazi eyes in this too.....

The literature shows a Bible with the word "BANNED" across it and a photo of a man, on his knees, placing a ring on the hand of another man with the word "ALLOWED." The mailing tells West Virginians to "vote Republican to protect our families" and defeat the "liberal agenda."

Republican National Committee Chairman Ed Gillespie said Friday that he wasn't aware of the mailing, but said it could be the work of the RNC. "It wouldn't surprise me if we were mailing voters on the issue of same-sex marriage," Gillespie said.

Yeah right Ed.... just like you didn't know anything about the "Use absentee ballots" letter in Florida....

The flier says Republicans have passed laws protecting life, support defining marriage as between a man and a woman and will nominate conservative judges who will "interpret the law and not legislate from the bench."

Like the Felonious Florida Five BCE appointees on the Supreme Court??

"The liberal agenda includes removing `under God' from the Pledge of Allegiance," it says.

Which agenda is that? I never got a copy

It does not mention the names of the presidential candidates.

Jim Jordan, a spokesman for American Coming Together, described the mailing as "standard-issue Republican hate-mongering."

Gillespie said same-sex marriage is a legitimate issue in the election. President Bush has proposed amending the Constitution to ban gay marriage. Democratic Sen. John Kerry also opposes gay marriage but said a constitutional amendment is going too far.

The RNC also is running radio ads in several states urging people to register to vote.

"There is a line drawn in America today," one ad says. "On one side are the radicals trying to uproot our traditional values and our culture. They're fighting to hijack the institution of marriage, plotting to legalize partial birth abortion, and working to take God out of the pledge of allegiance and force the worst of Hollywood on the rest of America."

I thought the worst of Hollywood had already been forced on America - back in the 80's when a shitty actor became a shitty President

"Are you on their side of the line?" the ad asks before making the plea to "support conservative Republican candidates."

From Mr. Presley's hometown paper (http://www.nola.com/newsflash/topstories/index.ssf?/base/politics-6/109545747696410.xml&storylist=topstories#continue)

ELVIS
09-18-2004, 03:57 PM
Hahahaha!

LMAO!

:elvis:

DrMaddVibe
09-18-2004, 04:11 PM
Funny there's no pic of it.

Did Dan BlaTHer report on this?

freak
09-18-2004, 04:16 PM
Hey, if the Republicans have to be labeled as a party of racist, homophobic white men with guns...

...You guys get stuck with the corn-holling, carpet munching, athiest anarchists label.

Now go off and pout somewhere...Take your whine and cheese with you.

ELVIS
09-18-2004, 04:55 PM
By the way asswipe...

What exactly is "southern paranoia" ??

freak
09-18-2004, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by ELVIS
What exactly is "southern paranoia" ??

That's liberal for "Those bastards never vote for us"

FORD
09-18-2004, 05:28 PM
No it's "liberal" for the insane ideas that people seem to have about "Liberals hating God" and "the homosexual agenda destroying American morality". Ideas not neccessarily exclusive to the Southern states, nor believed by everyone South of the Mason-Dixon line, but certainly more prevalent there than in Northern states (Idaho and Utah not withstanding)

BTW how is it that the Liberals, homosexuals, and "feminazis" always have these "agendas" which even they don't know about, yet any attempt to describe what the right wingers are actually up to is labelled as a "conspiracy theory"??

freak
09-18-2004, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by FORD

BTW how is it that the Liberals, homosexuals, and "feminazis" always have these "agendas" which even they don't know about, yet any attempt to describe what the right wingers are actually up to is labelled as a "conspiracy theory"??

Because liberal legal activism to penalize opposition to minority viewpoints and thus shove an agenda down the public's throats (So called hate speech), and promoting feminine equality via preferential treatment (Just about any 80s feminist legislation) are commonly known liberal agendas. The latter is just pandering. Fortunately, the lunatic fringe sect of feminists have all but dried up and blown away because of their hypocracy. What remains now, by and large, are women with legitimate complaints who are slowly and rightly getting their way.

Cruise missiles disguised as 757s carrying either silenced or fake passengers, slamming into public buildings so Republicans can get oil qualifies as a conspiracy theory. Actually, it qualifies as pig-headed ignorance on a too-large-to-concieve scale.

ELVIS
09-18-2004, 05:46 PM
The homosexual agenda will destroy American morality if we allow some liberal homo clowns to alter God's definition of marriage...

ELVIS
09-18-2004, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by freak
Cruise missiles disguised as 757s carrying either silenced or fake passengers, slamming into public buildings so Republicans can get oil qualifies as a conspiracy theory. Actually, it qualifies as pig-headed ignorance on a too-large-to-concieve scale.

:D:rockit::D

conmee
09-18-2004, 06:25 PM
I lived in San Francisco for 5 years... (1995-1999.. ahh the dot.com BOOM.. what a great time)... SOMA neighborhood, worked in the financial district... I can assure you that the Gay/Lesbian/Transgender folks know full well what their "agenda" is... in fact, every June they dress the agenda up as a Gay Pride Parade, and they're pretty much there to voice their agenda as much as their happiness in being gay or surgically altered to better align with their 'inner selves'.... lol

However, I made quite a few gay friends (including one transgender 'woman' named "Alex" who worked at EDS with me... lol.. but he graduated from Harvard before being changed into a her... lol), and I'd say that the 'gay community' follows an 80-20 split, with 80% simply wanting anti-homosexuality laws abolished, and have some protections in the workplace and society from prejudice, and the option to have, if not marriage, call it what you will, civil unions. The OTHER 20% are the ones that run around pushing their lifestyles into the face of mainstream America and kicking up controversy and making names for themselves. And they actually make it more difficult, in many respects, for the other 80% just trying to live their lives...

But in the end (so to speak), there IS a gay agenda, and it's aim is more or less to have the government legitimate a way of life and sexual preference (there is much debate even within the gay community about the nature v. nurture aspects of homosexuality) for a fairly small group of like minded individuals which is quite opposite to what the vast majority of Americans believe (despite polls, which are fairly useless on the topic).

Icon.

:monkey:

P.S. Despite Sarge's recent revelation that he's come out of the closet, neither Pojo, Brown, nor I have in any way, shape or form, indulged in any 'curiosity'-type activities with Sarge... we may all be webbies, and all close friends, but that's it... In fact, I've been in a 2 year relationship with my Real Doll love doll... and I have yet to use the anal orifice, even on 'her'... lmao

BigBadBrian
09-18-2004, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by freak
Hey, if the Republicans have to be labeled as a party of racist, homophobic white men with guns...

...You guys get stuck with the corn-holling, carpet munching, athiest anarchists label.

Now go off and pout somewhere...Take your whine and cheese with you.

Well said. :)

BigBadBrian
09-18-2004, 06:30 PM
The homosexual agenda will destroy American morality if we allow some liberal homo clowns to alter God's definition of marriage...

Well said also. :gulp:

knuckleboner
09-20-2004, 10:49 AM

if quickie-divorces and pre-marital fornication isn't destroying American morality, then homosexual marriage won't. and if they ARE, then it's not just homosexual marriage. so how about the morality police focusing on the other "problems" as well?

conmee
09-20-2004, 10:59 AM
And let's not forget all the extramarital affairs that occur as well... there is alot of shit that goes on besides homosexuality that one could consider as contributing to the decay of American morality.

Icon.

knuckleboner
09-20-2004, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by conmee
And let's not forget all the extramarital affairs that occur as well...

what, and leave joe sixpack no recourse when his wife gains at 80th pound?;)

conmee
09-20-2004, 11:24 AM
LMAO!!!!

Icon.