PDA

View Full Version : Sideline reporters suck

DLR7884
01-25-2004, 02:11 PM
I'm sure I speak for most, if not all of you when I ask the question--why do networks insist on employing fucking sideline reporters?

They are usually fucking dykes (Cheryl Miller, Suzy Kolber), or sissies like Armon Kateyan (sp?) who really add absolutely nothing to the broadcast. Or you'll get a real winner like Eric Dickerson who could hardly form a sentence without stuttering or stammering it out.

Here's and example of one of the hard-hitting, need to know questions that they continue to ask.

One of them will ask Coach X who's team is winning 17-3 at halftime how they feel about the game. The answer is so generic and vanilla and it's not the coaches fault. "We're running the ball well, our defense is playing well and we just need to keep playing hard in the second half."

Thanks for the info. I can now rest at halftime knowing what I already knew.

This post wasn't meant to be funny. I'm just frustrated becaues I'm watching the Kings/Mavs game and Steve Nash was interviewed by some dyke who threw him a softball.

The only way they are ever useful is for an injury update. Do I really want to see what Jamal Lewis's momma has to say?

Not really.

DLR7884
Anyone disagree with what I'm saying or have anything to add?

Va Beach VH Fan
01-25-2004, 08:38 PM
Well, I'm sure that I'll be labeled a sexist after I say this, but I truly believe most of the time women are hired as sideline reporters to fulfill the imaginary "quota"....

And let's face it, the better looking the woman, and moreover the more voluptuous the woman, the better the ratings....

I've said it before, even on lousy Monday Night Football games, I'd check in the first segments of the show just to see how fine Lisa Guerrero was looking that night.... :D And if I'm doing it, you know I ain't alone in that....

Other than that, I agree, they don't usually offer much useful information....

Maybe an injury update here and there, but that's it....

DLR7884
01-25-2004, 08:57 PM
Lisa Guerrero looks like a Tijuana whore.

DLR7884
Melissa Stark was hotter.

Hecubus
01-25-2004, 09:35 PM
Great topic.

1. Is Suzy Kolber a dyke? I had my suspicions. She talks like a man, the short hair....

2. Lisa Guerrero needs to reveal more. That spread she did in Maxim (or FHM, I can't tell which is which) pissed off ABC, so she's toned it down...

Get Dennis Miller down there...

Va Beach VH Fan
01-26-2004, 07:32 AM
Originally posted by DLR7884
Lisa Guerrero looks like a Tijuana whore.

And your point is ???

:D

Sarge
01-26-2004, 10:43 AM
anyone is better than Eric Dickerson..

Now lookie here now!

knuckleboner
01-26-2004, 12:51 PM
totally agree. sideline reporters add NOTHING.

if you want to show hot chicks, then just add a couple of more seconds of TV time on the cheerleaders.

though, the worst of them all is jim gray.

Mama's Fool
01-26-2004, 03:10 PM
If there had to be one, Melissa Stark is so hot it's worth it. Otherwise they add nothing, but eye candy. Eric Dickerson was absolutely terrible.

Hecubus
01-26-2004, 09:10 PM
Nobody has bagged on Siragusa yet?

Come on...that one's too easy....

DLR7884
01-26-2004, 11:10 PM
Oh God, who is that fat slab of shit blowing to keep that gig?

DLR7884
He sucks.

twonabomber
01-27-2004, 08:59 AM
Jim Gray takes himself way too seriously. if he was really that good, he'd have his own show somewhere.

i don't know if Siragusa is blowing someone or not. they're probably paying him in truckloads of food.