PDA

View Full Version : Britney Spears Marries in California

Ally_Kat
09-19-2004, 09:56 PM
Britney Spears Marries in California

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Oops! Pop star Britney Spears (news) did it again and got married for the second time this year -- this time to dancer Kevin Federline in a low-key ceremony Saturday at a private home in Studio City, California, a record-label executive confirmed on Sunday.

"Yes, I can tell you the happy couple got married yesterday," David Frostman of Jive Records, a British spokesman for Spears, told Reuters in London. Frostman declined to provide further details.

Spears, 22, and Federline, 26, surprised their parents with the unexpected ceremony which took place about 7:30 p.m. at the home of a tailor who had custom-made the tuxedos for the groom and other men in the wedding, according to a report on the Web site of Star magazine (www.starmagazine.com).

A publicist for the syndicated entertainment television show "Access Hollywood," which also carried a report of the nuptials on its Web site (www.accesshollywood.com), said that show organizers were with Spears' mother, Lynn, and her younger sister, Jamie Lynn on Saturday until 5 p.m. as they got ready for what they believed to be an "engagement dinner."

"Jamie Lynn died her hair back to its original color of brown and told the show that she couldn't wait to surprise her sister with the new look at the "dinner," the report on the Access Hollywood Web site stated.

Star reported that only 20 immediate family members attended the ceremony. Britney reportedly wore a strapless white dress designed by Monique L'Huillier, with a long veil and tiara, and she carried a bouquet of pink and white roses, the tabloid said. Five bridesmaids and a maid of honor all reportedly wore burgundy and carried red roses.

The couple exchanged rings and danced to Journey's "City by the Bay," the tabloid reported. Guests reportedly dined on chicken fingers, crab cakes, ribs, Waldorf salad.

U.S.-based publicists for the couple were not immediately available to comment on Sunday.

On January 2 of this year Spears married high school sweetheart Jason Alexander (news) in an impromptu ceremony in Las Vegas. But the ill-fated marriage only lasted three days and was annulled on Jan. 5.

Spears and Federline announced their engagement in June. Federline has two children with former girlfriend actress Shar Jackson.

Ally_Kat
09-19-2004, 09:57 PM
Her mother, I've noticed, is incredibily controlling. I bet she isn't too pleased at all that Brit did this. Hell, if it wasn't for her mother, she'd probably still be married to that Jason guy

diamondsgirl
09-19-2004, 10:10 PM
I heard that she wants out of the spotlight for good and that she was eating a lot of junk, etc. and not working out so that she would get fat and no one would be interested in her anymore.

I also heard she was pregnant?

Always rumors about that girl.

MAX
09-19-2004, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by diamondsgirl
I heard that she wants out of the spotlight for good and that she was eating a lot of junk, etc. and not working out so that she would get fat and no one would be interested in her anymore.

That sounds eeerily like someone else who used to post here..... :D

Ally_Kat
09-19-2004, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by diamondsgirl

I seriously wouldn't doubt that. I flipping thru the channels when the Driven show about Brit came on and some of the old Star Search contestants were talking shit about her mom. Caught my attention so I stayed for a bit. Seems that Brit's mom is the usual beauty pagent mother -- living thru her child. Consider also that her younger sister is suddenly in the music industry at Brit's starting age. Then, not to mention Jason's side of the story on how they got divorced. If my mother was doing that to me, I'd want out too

Matt White
09-19-2004, 10:36 PM
You can take the GIRL outta the trailer park........

DAVE OR THE GRAVE BABY!!!

diamondsgirl
09-19-2004, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by Ally_Kat
I seriously wouldn't doubt that. I flipping thru the channels when the Driven show about Brit came on and some of the old Star Search contestants were talking shit about her mom. Caught my attention so I stayed for a bit. Seems that Brit's mom is the usual beauty pagent mother -- living thru her child. Consider also that her younger sister is suddenly in the music industry at Brit's starting age. Then, not to mention Jason's side of the story on how they got divorced. If my mother was doing that to me, I'd want out too

and I'm sure she has made enough money to live comfortably for the rest of her life. So, why not get out now.?

diamondsgirl
09-19-2004, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by Matt White
You can take the GIRL outta the trailer park........

DAVE OR THE GRAVE BABY!!!

LOL. :D

freak
09-19-2004, 10:43 PM
Would that female child just crash, burn, get a job at Dennys and go home to her trailer already?

She's 108 in teen pop star years.
Time to go, Brit. Time to go.

Nitro Express
09-19-2004, 11:46 PM
We all wanted to bang her but yet hated her.

freak
09-19-2004, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by Nitro Express
We all wanted to bang her but yet hated her.

The Olsen twins will be the next crash and burn story. Already an anorexia scare. Drug addiction and Drew Barrymoresque blow jobs behind night clubs are just around the corner.

It's the Dana Plato olympics!

FORD
09-20-2004, 01:07 AM
Originally posted by freak
The Olsen twins will be the next crash and burn story. Already an anorexia scare. Drug addiction and Drew Barrymoresque blow jobs behind night clubs are just around the corner.

It's the Dana Plato olympics!

Anorexia my ass.... she was in rehab for overindulgence in George Jr's favorite South American import.

And I don't mean coffee.

Panamark
09-20-2004, 05:33 AM
Britney sucks.

freak
09-20-2004, 05:39 AM
Originally posted by FORD
Anorexia my ass.... she was in rehab for overindulgence in George Jr's favorite South American import.

And I don't mean coffee.

George Bush likes Chango Spasiuk too?
Awesome!

Ally_Kat
09-20-2004, 08:16 AM
Originally posted by Panamark
Britney sucks.

yes, but does she swallow?

Coyote
09-20-2004, 09:10 AM

Looks like a classic, tragic case of "not having enough balls to tell 'em to fuck off".

CROWBAR
09-20-2004, 10:39 AM
I liked her from the belly button down. You can have her face!

Mezro
09-20-2004, 01:29 PM

Apparently not...look at how fat she is getting.

Mezro...this "marriage" will be over in 18 months or less...

GAR
09-20-2004, 04:06 PM

Fool not to:

I coulda swore I seen Spears' mom yesterday at Monrovia Home depot: I think she'd be the better shag, personally speaking..