PDA

View Full Version : Bush Camp Creates Fake Documents As Dirty Trick

Keeyth
09-21-2004, 04:06 PM
Bush Camp Creates Fake Documents As Dirty Trick

MSNBC revealed tonight that the memos purporting to be written by George Bush's commanding officer regarding Bush poor performance 30 years ago are indeed fake. What was unexpected was that these documents were actually produced by members of the Bush reelection campaign for an intended "sting" operation against Kerry's reelection camp. They had expected that Kerry would latch onto these as a means to attack Bush only to have the rug pulled out from under him after going out on a limb. This failed when CBS' Dan Rather seized onto them and they became front page news from which the Kerry camp distanced itself.

MSNBC was curious about how the documents had been so easily debunked by an unknown person on a web page using a pseudonym.
Certain "errors" had been included in the documents that could later be used to debunk them and to show that they were not written on a typewriter in 1972, but actually produced on a computer.

MSNBC assigned investigative reporters to track down the identity of the debunker and they found that the unknown person was actually an attorney working for the Bush reelection campaign.
The news organization attempted to interview the attorney, but he refused them access. The original documents has been mailed out anonymously to multiple news organizations and a copy eventually ended up in Dan Rather's hands. Rather's "source" was duped just as Rather was.

This is not the first election where dirty tricks have been used to try to damage an opponent, but it is reported to be the first to be done this close to election day, and indicates a sense of desperation in the Bush camp.

Warham
09-21-2004, 04:33 PM
Where the hell do you get these fairy tales?

Big Train
09-21-2004, 05:28 PM
Spinning wheel, spinning round...c,mon EVERYBODY SING ALONG...

Warham
09-21-2004, 05:35 PM
The documents probably originated from the Kerry camp, via "Lucy Ramirez".

Cathedral
09-21-2004, 05:43 PM
LMMFAO, You and Ford should write fiction novels.

I will hold back comment on this mess until the investigation is complete.
I will say however that something isn't right here and it gets a lot messier as the days pass.

But Dan Rather is not the guy i think will be at fault being as he is pretty much just a broadcast journalist and the hands that were supposed to do their jobs, didn't.

So far, Mrs. Mapes is looking like she'll lose her job for her bias and attampting to change the outcome of a Presidential Election.

Someone being brought up on fraud charges is the only outcome i'll accept in this mess.
CBS really did a number on themselves with this mess.

Warham
09-21-2004, 06:00 PM
Not that anyone watched their news broadcasts anyway.

I heard that Simpsons re-runs did better in the ratings.

freak
09-21-2004, 06:46 PM
Who didn't see that lame-assed explanation coming?

Show of hands.

Viking
09-21-2004, 07:10 PM
:rolleyes: *TINFOIL HAT ALERT*

Cathedral
09-21-2004, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by Viking

LMMFAO...

freak
09-21-2004, 07:28 PM

Try *Holy shit it backfired! Think of something to turn this situation around and fast * alert :D

BigBadBrian
09-21-2004, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by Keeyth

You Sir (and I use the word 'sir' rather loosely ;) ), are a pathetic joke. :gulp:

Keeyth
09-21-2004, 11:41 PM

No that's for you Pete, the crazy guy who still thinks he's banging Elenor Roosevelt...:D

Keeyth
09-21-2004, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by BigBadBrian
You Sir (and I use the word 'sir' rather loosely ;) ), are a pathetic joke. :gulp:
No, but you, moron (and I use the word 'moron' rather generously and accurately;) ) are a true moron in the purest sense of the word....:p

MSNBC put that story out, not me...:rolleyes:

Keeyth
09-21-2004, 11:45 PM
By the way, did you hear your buddy Rumsfeld ranting about Saddam Hussein when he meant to say Osama bin Laden to the press today? It's no wonder they don't let him speak in public much anymore...

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA!

Lqskdiver
09-21-2004, 11:49 PM

MSNBC revealed tonight that the memos purporting to be written by George Bush's commanding officer regarding Bush poor performance 30 years ago are indeed fake. What was unexpected was that these documents were actually produced by members of the Bush reelection campaign for an intended "sting" operation against Kerry's reelection camp. They had expected that Kerry would latch onto these as a means to attack Bush only to have the rug pulled out from under him after going out on a limb. This failed when CBS' Dan Rather seized onto them and they became front page news from which the Kerry camp distanced itself.

MSNBC was curious about how the documents had been so easily debunked by an unknown person on a web page using a pseudonym.
Certain "errors" had been included in the documents that could later be used to debunk them and to show that they were not written on a typewriter in 1972, but actually produced on a computer.

MSNBC assigned investigative reporters to track down the identity of the debunker and they found that the unknown person was actually an attorney working for the Bush reelection campaign.
The news organization attempted to interview the attorney, but he refused them access. The original documents has been mailed out anonymously to multiple news organizations and a copy eventually ended up in Dan Rather's hands. Rather's "source" was duped just as Rather was.

This is not the first election where dirty tricks have been used to try to damage an opponent, but it is reported to be the first to be done this close to election day, and indicates a sense of desperation in the Bush camp.

This sounds like some "investigative" reporting to get the truth at whatever the costs. My guess is your vying to Dan RatherBiased.com 's job. You may just get it.

BigBadBrian
09-22-2004, 12:53 PM
No, but you, moron (and I use the word 'moron' rather generously and accurately;) ) are a true moron in the purest sense of the word....:p

MSNBC put that story out, not me...:rolleyes:

Copying me is the most sincere form of flattery. I'll have you lick my boots next. Off your knees, bitch. :o :gulp:

Keeyth
09-22-2004, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by BigBadBrian
Copying me is the most sincere form of flattery. I'll have you lick my boots next. Off your knees, bitch. :o :gulp:

Don't go flattering yourself BigBadNobrain, or you'll get one of my boots... ...size 10 and a half... ..up yer ass!:eek: :D