X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • diamondsgirl
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Apr 2004

The Best of Dave's Voice

I was just reading a great post by deguello where he mentioned that Little Dreamer is a great song to shove in the face of those folks that say that Dave can't sing.

If you had to pick one song as a great example of Dave's vocal ability to shove in their faces, which would it be?

I dig his voice on so many, but Sensible Shoes pops right into mind.
    “Why do people say "grow some balls"? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you wanna be tough, grow a vagina. Those things can take a pounding” ― Betty White
  • diamondsgirl
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Apr 2004

Secrets, Push comes to Shove....

Ice Cream Man with the Elvis ending
    “Why do people say "grow some balls"? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you wanna be tough, grow a vagina. Those things can take a pounding” ― Betty White

Comment

• Matt White
      • Jun 2004

"Ladies night in Buffalo"
      "Dance the Night Away"
      "In a simple Rhyme"
      "Could this be Magic?"

There are too many examples to point 'em all out. THe SHEEP just rag on DAVE's voice to try and get a rise out of CLASSIC VAN HALEN fans. Spammy doesn't have a GREAT or powerful voice, for fucks sake!!!

DAVE OR THE GRAVE BABY!!!!

Comment

• frenchie
        Foot Soldier
        • Jul 2004

the last veersion of ice cream man!!! no, it"s just a joke

Comment

• diamondsgirl
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Apr 2004

when I listen to Sunburn with headphones it sounds like Dave is whispering in my ear...mmmm...

Comment

• DaveTheSoulOfVH
            Head Fluffer
            • Feb 2004

Live video 'Largo MaryLand 82' : Dave is awesome just terrific and nobody can compete with him in this show, i think that in terms of voice variations,swing,rhythm playing, Dave is a much more better singer than Sammy; just listen to 'Easy Steet' or RWTD Dave is impressive !!!

DAVE IS NUMBER #1

Comment

• spmusicplyr
              Foot Soldier
              • May 2004

"Drop in the bucket" and, "Its showtime" are some of daves most demanding tunes..
              Got beef with my comments? Blow me!

Comment

• Carmine Raguzza
                Groupie
                • Sep 2004

secrets, women in love and the full bug. I chose the full bug because I think Dave sounds like he is having a blast belting that one out!
                " You know I go from rags to riches"

Comment

• diamondsgirl
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Carmine Raguzza

I chose the full bug because I think Dave sounds like he is having a blast belting that one out!
                  One of my favorite classic VH tunes! I love his voice on this too. Especially in the beginning when he's talking.

Welcome Carmine...

Comment

• Carmine Raguzza
                    Groupie
                    • Sep 2004

Originally posted by diamondsgirl
                    One of my favorite classic VH tunes! I love his voice on this too. Especially in the beginning when he's talking.

Welcome Carmine...
                    agreed and thanks for the welcome
                    " You know I go from rags to riches"

Comment

• Marlowe01

"Easy Street" is probably my favorite song of his. I'm a HUGE fan of his jazz/rock crossovers. In general, I love rock with a horns section. Whenever the Margeurita Horns section shows up on rock CDs I love it---examples 1- Motley Crue- Dr. Feelgood, 2- Aerosmith- Permanent Vacation(1987)/Pump (1989), among others.

Comment

• DrMaddVibe
                        ROTH ARMY ELITE
                        • Jan 2004

Mean Street...He's on FIRE.

Yelling, interacting the way only that Dave can with EdWAD, and tellin' ya that HE WAS VAN HALEN!!

It's all over but the shouting...I've come to take what's MINE!

GO AND HUNT SOMEBODY DOWN!
                        http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x...auders1zl5.gif
                        http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c4...willywonka.gif

Comment

• DeadOrAlive
                          Veteran
                          • Jul 2004

Mean Street... YEAH!

Comment

• Big Troubles
                            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                            • Feb 2004

anythiny off of VH2 showcases the entire bands strengths. Ed's licks, Mikes Bass, Al's drumming and Dave's awesome voice. Give it another listen-
                            "FUCK YOU, YOU FUCKIN' BITCH! WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE ANYWAYS? TALK TO ME LIKE THAT? FUCK YOU. DRAG QUEEN LOOKIN' WHORE- YOU AINT SHIT. YOUR THE FRECKLE TO THE LEFT OF MY BROWN EYE. NOW GO MAKE YOURSELF USEFUL...OH, PUT DAD ON THE PHONE"

Comment

• Big Troubles
                              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                              • Feb 2004

today, Ed still licks....just Sam's nuts now. Mike has a huge ass, Al's drumming up his next scam on how to use Dave to make more money but in the end Dave STILL has an awesome voice!
                              "FUCK YOU, YOU FUCKIN' BITCH! WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE ANYWAYS? TALK TO ME LIKE THAT? FUCK YOU. DRAG QUEEN LOOKIN' WHORE- YOU AINT SHIT. YOUR THE FRECKLE TO THE LEFT OF MY BROWN EYE. NOW GO MAKE YOURSELF USEFUL...OH, PUT DAD ON THE PHONE"

Comment

Working...