PDA

View Full Version : Cat Stevens Gets Plane Diverted

ELVIS
09-21-2004, 11:11 PM
Sep 21, 2004

By LESLIE MILLER (http://apnews.myway.com/article/20040922/D858E8780.html)

http://ak.imgfarm.com/images/ap/PLANE_DIVERTED.sff_NY132_20040921214858.jpg

WASHINGTON (AP) - A plane bound for Washington from London was diverted to Maine on Tuesday after passenger Yusuf Islam - formerly known as pop singer Cat Stevens - showed up on a U.S. watch list, federal officials said.

United Airlines Flight 919 had already taken off from London en route to Dulles International Airport when the match was made between the passenger and the watch list, said Nico Melendez, a spokesman for the Transportation Security Administration.

The plane was met by federal agents at Maine's Bangor International Airport around 3 p.m., Melendez said.

Federal officials, speaking on condition of anonymity, identified the individual as Islam.

One official said Islam, 56, was identified by the Advanced Passenger Information System, which requires airlines to send passenger information to U.S. Customs and Border Protection's National Targeting Center. TSA was then contacted and requested that the plane land at the nearest airport, the official said.

"He was interviewed and denied admission to the United States on national security grounds," said Homeland Security spokesman Dennis Murphy. He said the man would be put on the first available flight out of the country Wednesday.

Islam, who was born Stephen Georgiou, took Cat Stevens as a stage name and had a string of hits in the 1960s and '70s, including "Wild World" and "Morning Has Broken." Last year he released two songs, including a re-recording of his '70s hit "Peace Train," to express his opposition to the U.S.-led war in Iraq.

He abandoned his music career in the late 1970s and changed his name after being persuaded by orthodox Muslim teachers that his lifestyle was forbidden by Islamic law. He later became a teacher and an advocate for his religion, founding a Muslim school in London in 1983.

Islam recently condemned the school seizure by militants in Beslan, Russia, earlier this month that left more than 300 dead, nearly half of them children.

In a statement on his Web site, he wrote, "Crimes against innocent bystanders taken hostage in any circumstance have no foundation whatsoever in the life of Islam and the model example of Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him."

:elvis:

ODShowtime
09-21-2004, 11:14 PM
I just read that, it's funny.

He probably donated to some shady charities and got his name on the no-no list :(

That name is probably a psuedonym for a dozens of alleged terrorists too.

ELVIS
09-21-2004, 11:15 PM
That could be...

FORD
09-21-2004, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by ODShowtime
I just read that, it's funny.

It's not funny, it's pathetic.

Cat Stevens is no fucking terrorist. To harrass someone simply because of their name or religion is bullshit. To harrass them because of opposition to an illegal war is FASCIST.

ELVIS
09-21-2004, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by FORD
Cat Stevens is no fucking terrorist.

You don't know that...

FORD
09-21-2004, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by ELVIS
You don't know that...

Would a terrorist write this.......

Peace Train

Now I've been happy lately, thinking about the good things to come
And I believe it could be, something good has begun

Oh I've been smiling lately, dreaming about the world as one
And I believe it could be, some day it's going to come

Cause out on the edge of darkness, there rides a peace train
Oh peace train take this country, come take me home again

Now I've been smiling lately, thinking about the good things to come
And I believe it could be, something good has begun

Oh peace train sounding louder
Glide on the peace train
Come on now peace train
Yes, peace train holy roller

Everyone jump upon the peace train
Come on now peace train

Get your bags together, go bring your good friends too
Cause it's getting nearer, it soon will be with you

Now come and join the living, it's not so far from you
And it's getting nearer, soon it will all be true

Now I've been crying lately, thinking about the world as it is
Why must we go on hating, why can't we live in bliss

Cause out on the edge of darkness, there rides a peace train
Oh peace train take this country, come take me home again

Warham
09-22-2004, 06:53 AM
I don't know FORD. These terrorists think they are going to heaven, where seventy virgins await them to do their every whim.

diamondD
09-22-2004, 07:38 AM
Actually, conspiracy theories aside, he's expressed support for some radical groups, and got himself on the lists.

Plus he wrote that song before becoming a Muslim. ;)

ELVIS
09-22-2004, 07:44 AM
How many times do I have to tell you idiots ??

Do not confuse FORD with FACTS!

DrMaddVibe
09-22-2004, 08:48 AM
But if you wanna leave take good care,
hope you have a lot of nice things to wear,
but then a lot of nice things turn bad out there.

Sgt Schultz
09-22-2004, 09:14 AM
It's not funny, it's pathetic.

Cat Stevens is no fucking terrorist. To harrass someone simply because of their name or religion is bullshit. To harrass them because of opposition to an illegal war is FASCIST.

How about if you support the death of someone because of something they wrote?

That's what 'ol Catshit Stevens did - in the late 1980s he supported the Ayatollah Khomeini's death sentence against Salman Rushdie, author of "The Satanic Verses."

He's an Islamofascist and deserves to get his ass booted out of the U.S. - forever. Buh bye.

ODShowtime
09-22-2004, 09:31 AM
good point Schultz I read that once. Can you believe the Ayatollas actually used to issue world-wide death sentences like that?

Sgt Schultz
09-22-2004, 09:36 AM
good point Schultz I read that once. Can you believe the Ayatollas actually used to issue world-wide death sentences like that?

I know. I think some small time mullahs still do it.

Sgt Schultz
09-22-2004, 11:20 AM
and..
Catshit Stevens visited Israel in 1988 and delivered tens of thousands of dollars to Hamas.

ODShowtime
09-22-2004, 11:31 AM
Well, Hamas does have a humanitarian arm, but also it has the blowing to bits of civilians wing that is not so nice.

FORD
09-22-2004, 11:55 AM
And Israel runs over civilians with bulldozers which also isn't so nice. BTW Hamas was created by Mossad, just as Al Qaeda was a creation of Bush Sr's CIA.

Sgt Schultz
09-22-2004, 12:01 PM
And Israel runs over civilians with bulldozers which also isn't so nice. BTW Hamas was created by Mossad, just as Al Qaeda was a creation of Bush Sr's CIA.

Do you really expect anyone to have a discussion with you when you spout nonsense? Guess not.

ELVIS
09-22-2004, 12:14 PM
And Israel runs over civilians with bulldozers which also isn't so nice.

Still got your panties tied up because some dumbass died trying to be a human shield ??

FORD
09-22-2004, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by Sgt Schultz
How about if you support the death of someone because of something they wrote?

That's what 'ol Catshit Stevens did - in the late 1980s he supported the Ayatollah Khomeini's death sentence against Salman Rushdie, author of "The Satanic Verses."

He's an Islamofascist and deserves to get his ass booted out of the U.S. - forever. Buh bye.

Actually that characterization is incorrect. Yusef Islam DID agree that Rushdie's "Satanic Verses" was a blasphemous book which dishonored Allah and his Prophets, but he did NOT agree with the death sentence imposed on Rushdie by Ayatollah Khomeni of Iran.

FORD
09-22-2004, 12:20 PM
Still got your panties tied up because some dumbass died trying to be a human shield ??

She wasn't the only one murdered by the Insane Dicksucking Fascists. She's just the only one you heard of because she was American. Actually Sharon's butchers have murdered many Palestinians in this manner, some who were sleeping inside their own homes.

ELVIS
09-22-2004, 12:28 PM
She was also from Seattle, correct ??

Big deal...:rolleyes:

The thought of a human shield is insanely stupid!!!

DLR'sCock
09-22-2004, 12:29 PM
You don't know that...

Well, we don't know if you're a terrorist either...

ELVIS
09-22-2004, 12:31 PM
You might not...

We do know you're a pussy liberal dumbass...

FORD
09-22-2004, 12:32 PM
She was also from Seattle, correct ??

Big deal...:rolleyes:

The thought of a human shield is insanely stupid!!!

No, she was from Olympia. As am I. As if that has anything to do with the price of rice in China?

And what's stupid about standing up for what you believe in? Or do you think it's perfectly acceptable for fascists to knock down houses, whether or not people are actually IN them??

ELVIS
09-22-2004, 12:35 PM
No, she was from Olympia. As am I. As if that has anything to do with the price of rice in China?

It sure did to you at the time...

Dude, I know you like a book...

ELVIS
09-22-2004, 12:37 PM
As if they didn't have a reason to buldoze those residences...:rolleyes:

Give us all a break!

DLR'sCock
09-22-2004, 12:40 PM
Pussy??? Let's see, I have gotten into fights with a Hells' Angel, a football team(yeah I was fighting one dude much bigger than me, and when I got the upper hand, 15 dudes jumped in, real fair shit.....), oh yeah and while a few hundred just stood there and watched 10 dudes that were attacking and kicking one guy on the ground who was helpless, I jumped in to defend the guy, and yeah it's quick to see who cowards are........yeah I'm a pussy, whatever........

I'll stand my ground when attacked, but I'm NOT the type to start shit against others who can't defend themselves(well because I don't start shit with people), nor do I look for violence, but judging by the tough guy things you espouse here, it seems that you love violence...another typical trait...violence is an ugly humand trait...

But, I'm flower loving tree huggin pussy liberal...yeah god forbid I believe in the furthering of humanity and geeting beyond this phase of Cro-Magman inanity.....but not everyone can see it....I guess it's evolution...

Whatever bro, you would be a great addition to the Hitler youth, clueless and full of shit...

FORD
09-22-2004, 12:41 PM
As if they didn't have a reason to buldoze those residences...:rolleyes:

Give us all a break!

Yes, their "reason" is so they can steal their land. It's a racist, fascist policy not unlike the one practiced by white racists on this continent against indigenous people. Or the Dutch settlers (i.e. "Afrikaaners") in South African who thought they had more right to that land than actual Africans.

ELVIS
09-22-2004, 12:42 PM
Best post you ever made, Cock!

:D

ELVIS
09-22-2004, 12:45 PM
Yes, their "reason" is so they can steal their land. It's a racist, fascist policy not unlike the one practiced by white racists on this continent against indigenous people. Or the Dutch settlers (i.e. "Afrikaaners") in South African who thought they had more right to that land than actual Africans.

I think you should go live in another country...

FORD
09-22-2004, 12:46 PM
I think you should go live in another country...

I think all the Busheep should leave the country. You're the ones who want to shred the Constitution and shit all over everything America supposedly stands for.

ELVIS
09-22-2004, 12:54 PM
You wish the US didn't exist!

wraytw
09-22-2004, 12:55 PM
HAHA! LMFAO!

It's quite amusing to watch Cock try to make himself look like a tough guy, and then say he doesn't like violence.

"Violence is a bad thing... BUT I GET INTO FIGHTS WITH THE HELL'S ANGELS!!!" :rolleyes:

FORD
09-22-2004, 12:56 PM
You wish the US didn't exist!

No, I wish we had an elected President who respected the fucking Constitution.

ELVIS
09-22-2004, 12:58 PM
We do...

FORD
09-22-2004, 01:08 PM
We do? I knew I overslept this morning, but I didn't realize it was January 20th already.

ELVIS
09-22-2004, 01:14 PM
Now you're blabbing just to get the last word...

FORD
09-22-2004, 01:50 PM
Another Ramadan night and I ain't got nobody
I'm not a martyr 'cause I won't crash a plane
Now how I wish I had some virgins to talk to
I'm in an awful way.

I got in America a month ago
I seen a lot of girls since then,
If I could meet 'em I could get 'em
And add them to my harem
Thats how I'm in the state I'm in.

CHORUS

A Muslim brother told me
He had a sister who looked just fine
Instead of bein' my deliverance
She had a strange resemblance
To a Jew named Benjamin Stein.

CHORUS

Its hard on a Muslim
When he don't know his way around
If I don't find me a honey
To help me spend my money
I'm gonna have to blow up this town.

Another Ramadan night and I ain't got nobody
I've got some money 'cause I just got paid
How I wish I had some virgins to talk to
I'm in an awful, ooh, I'm in an awful way,
He's in an awful way, I'm in an awful way,
I'm in an awful way, He's in an awful way.

Wayne L.
09-22-2004, 02:08 PM
Yusaf Islam formerly known as 70's pop legend Cat Stevens should denounce Islam as well as becoming a Muslim because it's a gutter religion based on violence instead of peaceful existence with others & get back to being an artist & human being based in reality.

FORD
09-22-2004, 02:14 PM
"Suddenly the media tried linking me to supporting Iran's Fatwa on Salman Rushdie. The fact is that I never did support the Fatwa. Such is the irony. You wouldn't ask a Christian to deny one of the Ten Commandments; equally, as a new Muslim, I couldn't deny that the Quran, just like Leviticus in the Bible, forbade blasphemy and if there is no repentance, made it a capital offence.

But what most people-including many Muslims-fail to recognize, is that the Quran repeatedly calls on believers to repent, to uphold the rule of civility and not to take the law in their own hands. Clerics and extremists who call for the assassination of civilians outside the recognized bounds of the Islamic State without due process are wholly out of line with the limits and spirit of Islam. The Koran states, 'And do not let your hatred of some people…cause you to transgress (the law).'"

Sgt Schultz
09-22-2004, 04:20 PM
Catshit Stevens 1st Statement of Agreeing with the Death Sentence of Salman Rushdie

“Stevens attacked Rushdie and The Satanic Verses while preaching to Muslim students in southern England yesterday.

"The Koran makes it clear - if someone defames the Prophet, then he must die," said the former singer-songwriter, who penned such hits as "I'm Gonna Get Me A Gun" and "Wild World."

Stevens, who also called in one of his 1970s hits for the world to board "The Peace Train," said Rushdie should repent for writing what many Muslims view as blasphemy.

"Under Islam, if a man has done someone ill, he must make amends," he said.

"He must ask his publishers to get back his books and if necessary he must spend every penny he has to get them all."
Sources - Toronto Star. Feb 23, 1989; REUTERS.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++++++++++++++

Catshit Stevens 2nd Statement of Agreeing with the Death Sentence of Salman Rushdie

“Yousuf Islam (Cat Stevens) Reaffirms Views on Rushdie”
“Yousuf Islam-as the former pop music star Cat Stevens is now known-has once again explained that Islamic law calls for the death of "The Satanic Verses" author Salman Rushdie, and this time he has chosen to speak to viewers of the Christian Science Church's new "World Monitor" cable TV news program.

The interview was a major scoop for the Boston-based news program and was Islam's first extended interview since he became a part of the worldwide furor over the Rushdie book.

"When I studied (what the Koran says about this subject) I found that, yes, the evidence is all there," Islam told "World Monitor" London correspondent Ned Temko in an interview broadcast late Tuesday. "(Rushdie) has been irresponsible with his freedom of speech. . . . Any writer who abuses the Prophet or indeed any prophet, under Islamic law the sentence for that is actually death. . . . (Rushdie's writings are) as good as stabbing Muslims in the heart."

Temko conducted the interview with Islam on Monday in a mosque north of London.

Islam did not apologize for his controversial earlier statements and, indeed, reaffirmed his support of the Ayatollah Khomeini's call for the death of the novelist.

"It's got to be seen as a deterrent so that other people should not commit the same mistake again," Islam said. "Let's face it, America has the atom bomb. It's a deterrent . . . able to blow up a whole nation of people. What we are talking about is a deterrent for individuals to be careful not to disturb the society in which they live."

Islam chose the news program on the relatively obscure 18-hour-a-day Discovery cable channel, which is available to 37.6 million U.S homes because, "World Monitor" officials said Wednesday, he liked the way he was treated in a report that the program broadcast last fall on the rise of the Muslim faith in the United States.

Islam "felt he was treated very fairly, and he and Ned struck up a good relationship," said Sanford Socolow, the show's producer.

Temko contacted Islam when comments supporting Khomeini's calls were attributed to the one-time singer-songwriter. Temko told The Times on Wednesday that Islam was "puzzled by the depth and range" of the furor over his statements, including destruction of his old recordings as part of radio station promotions.

"Certainly that was what prompted him to speak at all," said Temko from London.”
Source - STEVE HOCHMAN, Los Angeles Times, Mar 9, 1989.

Catshit Stevens 3rd Statement of Agreeing with the Death Sentence of Salman Rushdie

“The musician known as Cat Stevens said in a British television program to be broadcast next week that rather than go to a demonstration to burn an effigy of the author Salman Rushdie, ''I would have hoped that it'd be the real thing.''

The singer, who adopted the name Yusuf Islam when he converted to Islam, made the remark during a panel discussion of British reactions to Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini's call for Mr. Rushdie to be killed for allegedly blaspheming Islam in his best-selling novel ''The Satanic Verses.'' He also said that if Mr. Rushdie turned up at his doorstep looking for help, ''I might ring somebody who might do more damage to him than he would like.''

''I'd try to phone the Ayatollah Khomeini and tell him exactly where this man is,'' said Mr. Islam, who watched a preview of the program today and said in an interview that he stood by his comments.

The statements by Mr. Islam and several other participants in the discussion demonstrate how divided British liberal intellectuals remain over the affair. British writers and publishers have signed petitions backing Mr. Rushdie's freedom to write what he wishes, but there have been no public readings of his works. 'Not a Pacifist Religion'

Several of the participants defended Mr. Rushdie. The writer Fay Weldon, for example, said, ''Burn the book today, kill the writer tomorrow.'' She said she was offended by Mr. Islam's remarks, which she said incited people to violence.

Also on the show was Dr. Kalim Siddiqui, director of the Muslim Institute in London and one of the organizers of a nationwide demonstration against ''Satanic Verses'' that is scheduled for Hyde Park on Saturday. He said: ''I wouldn't kill him, but I'm sure that there are very many people in this country prepared at the moment. If they could lay their hands on Rushdie, he would be dead.

''As a British citizen, I have a duty, if you like, a social contract with the British state, not to break British law. We are not a pacifist religion. We don't turn the other cheek. We hit back.''
Source - Cat Stevens Gives Support To Call for Death of Rushdie, New York Times, May 23, 1989, By CRAIG R. WHITNEY

Catshit Stevens 4th Statement of Agreeing with the Death Sentence of Salman Rushdie

“"I prefer not to talk about it," Brother Yusuf explains later, "because it really diverts us. ... It seems again to pinpoint what apparently is described as a clash of world views."

Yet when he finally relents and does talk about it, it's clear he intends to take nothing back.

"For a person who blasphemes, either 1,400 years ago or today, it's the same thing in Islam," Brother Yusuf explains. "And actually, if you endeavor to look into the Christian faith and the Jewish faith, you'll find that there's total support for that view. Which is that the blasphemer is considered very seriously, and the punishment is the same... .

"In the holy texts of the Bible, Moses condemns such a man to a stoning. Jesus himself says anyone who reviles the Holy Spirit ... shall not be forgiven ... not in this world or in the life to come. Now what does that mean, `in this world'? He's got to be killed! He has to be executed!"
Source - Cat, Cradled in Islam;Former Pop Singer Stevens, Finding a Meaning to Life as a Muslim; Lloyd Grove. The Washington Post, Jul 22, 1991.

Catshit Stevens 5th Statement of Agreeing with the Death Sentence of Salman Rushdie

“Islam reentered the limelight in March 1989, when he joined the parade of Muslims who endorsed Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini's death sentence for Rushdie, author of "The Satanic Verses."

That provoked a firestorm.

Not only did people now know what the former Cat Stevens was up to, they didn't like it. What resulted were record burnings in LA, playlist purges on soft-rock stations and a blast of anti-Stevens invective.

"There goes the peace train," snarled political satirist Barry Crimmins at the time. "What a jerk Stevens is," said Dale Dorman, on the air at WXKS (KISS-108).

Islam was playing it cool this week when asked about the public's reaction.

"From our point of view, the sacred is the sacred and the blasphemous the blasphemous," he told an interviewer of his intolerance toward Rushdie, and he denied to the Globe that such extremism must distort his religious practice.”
He's singing a different song The former Cat Stevens focuses on faith
Mark Muro, Globe Staff. Boston Globe, Jul 25, 1991

Catshit Stevens 6th Statement of Agreeing with the Death Sentence of Salman Rushdie

“Islam [Stevens] “complained that since his conversion, his words about Islam have been ignored or sensationalized in the media. He was particularly critical of news coverage of his remarks a decade ago about author Salman Rushdie, although he did not recant from or apologize for his position that Islamic law would allow capital punishment for what Islam described as the author's unrepentant blasphemy.

Instead, Islam complained that the very question posed to him about Rushdie was "cunning," an effort to hurt his image.” “
Source - FAMOUS SONGWRITER HITS THE ROAD TO EXPLAIN HIS JOURNEY TO ISLAM; MICHAEL PAULSON AND DIEGO RIBADENEIRA, Globe Staff. Boston Globe. Boston, Mass.: Apr 8, 2000

Catshit Stevens His Statements Agreeing with the Death Sentence of Salman Rushdie
Were ‘Taken out of Context”
“In recent interviews Stevens says the media blew his earlier comments on whether he considered Rushdie's book blasphemous out of all proportion with headlines like "Cat Says Kill Rushdie"--which he denies ever having uttered.

"Some people were intent on damaging my character," he says. "They tried to trap me, taking what I said out of context... It was very hurtful.

"In retrospect, I could have handled it better with a bit of help, but I was trying to avoid further confrontation."
Source - OLD CAT'S STILL HIP;DIX, John. New Truth & TV Extra. Auckland, New Zealand: Jun 23, 2000

Catshit Stevens 7th Statement of Agreeing with the Death Sentence of Salman Rushdie While At The Same Time Complaining That ‘people tried to paint me into a hole’
“Still, Islam speaks with cautious deliberation and visibly stiffens at mention of a scandal that enraged the Western world in 1989 and briefly pulled him back onto the public stage. In condemning Salman Rushdie's The Satanic Verses, Iran's Ayatollah Khomeini placed a "fatwa," or death sentence, on the author. Queried for comment, Islam neither defended nor denounced the decree but quoted Islamic law, which states that anyone guilty of blasphemy must be put to death.

"All I did was to read, literally, out of the textbook," he says. "If you were to read Leviticus today, your blood would curdle. So it's all there in the Scriptures, (but when) it's taken out of context, it sounds foreign, strange, harsh."

Infuriated fans and disc jockeys deemed Islam's response an endorsement of the fatwa and rebelled by trashing his records and reputation.

In a formal statement later, Islam said Rushdie's "blasphemous book insults God and his prophets, including those prophets honored by Christians, Jews, as well as Muslims." He also noted that Islamic law binds Muslims to abide by a governing country's laws, provided they don't restrict freedom to worship and serve God.

"People just tried to damage me," he says. "I had very little defense. I had no publicist, no manager, nobody to help me respond in a professional way. And I just decided to bear it. It was very unfortunate that people tried to paint me into a hole, and I am much bigger than that. But I was a Muslim celebrity, so a good target. In hindsight, I would have been much more cautious, as I am cautious today about answering any questions."
Source - Former Cat Stevens rides a peace train back to pop Yusuf Islam, at ease with life, returns to recording; Edna Gundersen. USA TODAY. .: Jul 18, 2000.

Catshit Stevens Says AIDS is Allah’;s Punishment Against Gays

“He is equally calm when he turns to homosexuality and AIDS.

"We learn that there are certain normalities," he says, "which a human being, if he follows, will find that his life becomes quite reasonable, quite all right. Now if you step out of the boundaries of those normalities, you'll find things happening to you - not just in this area of sexual perversion, but even if a person starts stealing. You know, okay, he gets away with it, but doesn't he find later that somehow, someday, something bad happens to him?" He laughs. "You may not be able to link the two in your own mind, you haven't the objectivity to do so, but if you actually look at it, if you follow it back, somewhere you did something wrong."
Source - Cat, Cradled in Islam;Former Pop Singer Stevens, Finding a Meaning to Life as a Muslim; Lloyd Grove. The Washington Post, Jul 22, 1991.

Catshit Stevens and His Buddy Saddam
“Islam [Stevens] describes the Iraqi president as a "congenial fellow and brother Moslem” “
Source - Spanky wants saloon to pay;Russell Roe. Austin American Statesman. Austin, Tex.: Sep 15, 1990. pg. A.24

ODShowtime
09-22-2004, 05:51 PM
Where do you find all this stuff? Are you a researcher or something?

wraytw
09-22-2004, 05:55 PM
Google.com (http://www.google.com)... a whole wolrd at your fingertips. :D

Sgt Schultz
09-22-2004, 07:19 PM
Where do you find all this stuff? Are you a researcher or something?

I have done a lot of research at various archives, Carlisle Barracks, historical societies etc. I've looked at a lot of microfilm too.

This stuff I found through Proquest (online) which allows you to search ALL newspapers for every year but back to about 1984. It doesn't have every nespaper for every year but it is still pretty comprehensive and gets better the later the year is.

Sgt Schultz
09-22-2004, 08:42 PM
Bye bye Catshit - don't let your luggage hit you on the ass on your way out you worthless Islamofasict Homophobe moron!!http://us.news1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/rids/20040922/i/r1879640855.jpg

ODShowtime
09-23-2004, 12:26 AM
there you go, there's a good one.

I knew you had more going on than just Google. It's a pain in the ass finding like 7 different quotes like that. Your repitition was the key to the laughs on that one.

DLR'sCock
09-23-2004, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by wraytw
HAHA! LMFAO!

It's quite amusing to watch Cock try to make himself look like a tough guy, and then say he doesn't like violence.

"Violence is a bad thing... BUT I GET INTO FIGHTS WITH THE HELL'S ANGELS!!!" :rolleyes:

Hey asshole, if someone starts attacking me, what should I do, stand there and do nothing????? The stories are true, whatever, and it has been a long time since I needed to defend myself or another....but on that note, I will defend myself if that's what it comes down to(yes if and when the dukes are flying I will do what I can to subdue the attacker), and I have defended others in unfair and outmatched situations....I am no tough guy....just a dude, and no I don't like violence...

Unlike others who do...

but, I am glad you are amused...

Warham
09-23-2004, 06:13 PM
Cat's riding the peace plane back to England, eh?

Viking
09-23-2004, 06:27 PM
Ol' Cat's Ass is known to have raised funds for quite a few groups that have terrorist ties - that's why he got the bum's rush in Bangor, not because he's a pedophile worshiper.

Although, that's a good reason, too. :D

BigBadBrian
09-23-2004, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by DLR'sCock
Pussy??? Let's see, I have gotten into fights with a Hells' Angel, a football team(yeah I was fighting one dude much bigger than me, and when I got the upper hand, 15 dudes jumped in, real fair shit.....), oh yeah and while a few hundred just stood there and watched 10 dudes that were attacking and kicking one guy on the ground who was helpless, I jumped in to defend the guy, and yeah it's quick to see who cowards are........yeah I'm a pussy, whatever........

This sounds like the playground boast of a sixth grader. :rolleyes:

wraytw
09-23-2004, 07:41 PM
but, I am glad you are amused...

Cool. I'm glad that you're glad. :D

Mezro
09-24-2004, 02:44 PM
If Cat Stevens would have stayed in his pet carrier none of this would have happened.

Mezro...back in the box scruffy...

DrMaddVibe
09-24-2004, 03:28 PM
Please spay and neuter your terrorists - PETA

FORD
09-24-2004, 03:39 PM
The most recent recording by this "horrible terrorist"Yeah, he sounds like Osama, alright.... (http://buyfriendly.com/peacetrain.mp3) :rolleyes:

Sgt Schultz
09-24-2004, 04:17 PM
http://usera.imagecave.com/penguin83/islam.jpg

FORD
09-24-2004, 04:37 PM
Funny how some of the biggest fascists in the world are the ones whose own parents and grandparents died at the hands of the original fascists.

lucky wilbury
09-25-2004, 12:48 AM
he was kicked out of israel a few years ago for giving to HAMAS. somthing i posted a while ago on him:

http://www.rollingstone.com/news/ne...e.asp?nid=11278

Israel Rejects the Former Cat Stevens

The former Cat Stevens detained and deported from Israeli airport

ARTICLES
Israel Rejects the Former Cat Stevens

While Middle East peace talks were underway in the U.S., a Jerusalem airport detained and deported Yusuf Islam, formerly known as Cat Stevens, alleging that he donated money to a militant Islamic sect on a previous visit.

The Wednesday visit was Islam's second aborted attempt to gain access to Israel. In 1990, he and his son were barred from the country. The Israeli government claims that on a 1988 visit to Jerusalem, Islam donated tens of thousands of dollars to a violent Islamic group known as the Hamas.

Islam arrived at the airport at 2:30 a.m. on Wednesday. When his name was found on a list of people banned from Israel, he was detained by airport officials. Islam claims that he was locked in a cell sans water or a bathroom for hours before he was finally deported. "I don't see any reason for this to happen in a time of peace," Islam said. According to an AP report, airport officials deny that Islam was mistreated in any way.

In other Cat Stevens news, VH1 will air Cat Stevens: Behind the Music on Oct. 1 at 9 p.m. The episode will tap various Stevens producers including Paul Samwell-Smith in addition to interviews with Islam himself. The episode claims to spotlight the "three lives" of the "Seventies superstar singer-songwriter" charting his earliest successes as a musician, his arrival as international star and ultimately his conversion to the Muslim faith, which marked the end of his recording career as Cat Stevens.

"It could help blow away some of those myths and erroneous stories that have circulated for years," Islam told RollingStone.com last month. "I hope people will finally realize that my life didn't change as much as it developed, and I always continued to be an artist. I made a choice to actively try to make a difference in the world, just as I wrote and sang about."

ANDREW DANSBY
(July 14, 2000)

DrMaddVibe
09-25-2004, 06:49 AM
Forget what they do, remember what they say!

FORD
09-25-2004, 11:11 AM
Hey jackass, I just forwarded your IP to the Secret Service for threats against a Presidential candidate.

Be sure to write us from Gitmo.

scorpioboy33
09-25-2004, 11:27 AM
hey can someone tell me who was the musician or something that called other celebrities morons who shouldn't be listened to regarding politics?`

LoungeMachine
09-25-2004, 11:35 AM

We do know you're a pussy liberal dumbass...

Another fine retort from our resident dolt.

Thanks for playing "How moronic IS Elvis''?

WARF
09-25-2004, 11:38 AM
Ohh baby... it's a wild world....

Switch84
09-25-2004, 11:50 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by FORD
[B]And Israel runs over civilians with bulldozers which also isn't so nice.

;) :p Hey, I'd do more than run over them with bulldozers if they were suicide-bombing transit buses and cafes.....

LEAVE THE JEWS ALONE!

scorpioboy33
09-25-2004, 12:03 PM
hey can someone tell me who was the musician or something that called other celebrities morons who shouldn't be listened to regarding politics

FORD
09-25-2004, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by scorpioboy33
hey can someone tell me who was the musician or something that called other celebrities morons who shouldn't be listened to regarding politics?`

Alice Cooper?

I don't think he actually called them "morons", but he did call them "traitors to music"

scorpioboy33
09-25-2004, 12:09 PM

Whatever bro, you would be a great addition to the Hitler youth, clueless and full of shit...

Your funny you got into a fight with a Hell's Angels etc.....really silly....I mean you talked about violence being bad in on sentence than brag about your fake fight in another...oh well whatever PEACE

scorpioboy33
09-25-2004, 12:10 PM
thanks ford

FORD
09-25-2004, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by Switch84
Hey, I'd do more than run over them with bulldozers if they were suicide-bombing transit buses and cafes.....

LEAVE THE JEWS ALONE!

First of all, let's make the distinction between "The Jews" and the Likud PNAC neocon ultra zionist fascist pieces of shit. Because there IS a real difference. And most Jews are as appalled by these shitbags as I am, if not more.

Second, let's recognize that Mossad, the Israeli counterpart of the CIA is often even more ruthless and lawless than the American version. The two agencies have often shared their techniques and technologies, which means its entirely likely that Mossad could be employing a CIA invented form of mind control known as "MK-Ultra".

I would be willing to bet that very few of the so-called "suicide bombers" are even in possession of the detonator that blows them up. More likely that a radio controlled device, with a Mossad agent at the controls, explodes the poor victim at a time and place meant to bring about the maximum public fear and outrage.

DLR'sCock
09-25-2004, 12:43 PM
Funny thing is that the press never covers the huge Peace Movement in Israel, and that 70% of the people want a peaceful solution of two separate countries....the vast majority of Moderate and Progressive Israelis are not for the right wing actions of Sharon and the Likud PArty....

pete
09-25-2004, 12:51 PM
Actually that characterization is incorrect. Yusef Islam DID agree that Rushdie's "Satanic Verses" was a blasphemous book which dishonored Allah and his Prophets, but he did NOT agree with the death sentence imposed on Rushdie by Ayatollah Khomeni of Iran.

I vividly remember otherwise.

scorpioboy33
09-25-2004, 12:55 PM
Funny thing is that the press never covers the huge Peace Movement in Israel, and that 70% of the people want a peacful solution of two separate countries....the vast majority of Moderate and Progressive Israelis are not for right wing actions of Sharon on the Likud PArty....

very good point! spot on

Sgt Schultz
09-25-2004, 01:08 PM

I would be willing to bet that very few of the so-called "suicide bombers" are even in possession of the detonator that blows them up. More likely that a radio controlled device, with a Mossad agent at the controls, explodes the poor victim at a time and place meant to bring about the maximum public fear and outrage.

Really, how much would you like to bet? I don't know how you expect anyone to take you seriously when you spout cook crap like that.

scorpioboy33
09-25-2004, 01:15 PM
sgt. schultz do you completely discount everything that moore says.....or just some of it?

FORD
09-25-2004, 03:37 PM
sgt. schultz do you completely discount everything that moore says.....or just some of it?

Schultz likes to characterize all Muslims (even Cat Stevens) as "Islamofascists" which means he also believes that the Israeli government is entirely incapable of wrong doing whatsoever.

Sgt Schultz
09-25-2004, 04:54 PM
Schultz likes to characterize all Muslims (even Cat Stevens) as "Islamofascists" which means he also believes that the Israeli government is entirely incapable of wrong doing whatsoever.

Nope. Not all Muslims are terrorists, but all Islamofascits are Muslims.

As far as Catshit Stevens goes, just read his actual words I posted earlier.

No, I think the Israeli government does makes mistakes - like when they treat Hamas and Palestinian terrorist thugs with kid gloves.Israel has yet to fully engage them and it's time they should.

You want to place "blame" on the Palestinian problem you can simply lay it where it belongs - at the doorstep of the Palestinians themselves AND the support and prodding they receive from other countries to continue waging war against Israel.

Sgt Schultz
09-25-2004, 04:58 PM

A few things he has said are flat out wrong, but for the most part Moore's fact are correct.

The huge problem lies in what he does with those facts, how he interperets them and what he concludes from them.

Michael Mooreism - anytime Bush is in Texas = he's on vacation playing golf. Therefore 40% of his time he has been on vacation. Which is bullshit.

This is how he does everything. It's childish, dishonest and flat out stupid.

ODShowtime
09-25-2004, 05:04 PM
Moore would be much more palatable if he would stick to the facts. They pretty much speak for themselves. The pandering to the less intelligent element evident F911 was a necessary evil, but it was annoying to sit through.

scorpioboy33
09-25-2004, 05:13 PM
thanks shultz :) appreciate your opinion :)

Big Train
09-25-2004, 05:21 PM
OD,

I think the facts don't speak for themselves and that is an issue. I would take him much more seriously if two things happened:

a. He did better research. His research is sloppy and generally requires the audience to follow the dots, even if there aren't fact to back up each point along the way, which there always should be. In the end, it just ends up propaganda and speculation of the worst kind.

b. He was less emotional and stuck to the important stuff. You know his bassette hound voice overdubs (Aww shucks, Flint Michigan USED to be a great place where people could etc...Isn't it a SHAME..), which panders to emotional men and women who WANT JUSTICE NOW, before they even know what the fuck is going on. If his interviews didn't ask the most slanted, obvious questions would help as well.

I try not to dismiss him out of hand and give him every opportunity to do it right. He just never does.

ODShowtime
09-25-2004, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by Big Train
OD,

I think the facts don't speak for themselves and that is an issue. I would take him much more seriously if two things happened:

a. He did better research. His research is sloppy and generally requires the audience to follow the dots, even if there aren't fact to back up each point along the way, which there always should be. In the end, it just ends up propaganda and speculation of the worst kind.

b. He was less emotional and stuck to the important stuff. You know his bassette hound voice overdubs (Aww shucks, Flint Michigan USED to be a great place where people could etc...Isn't it a SHAME..), which panders to emotional men and women who WANT JUSTICE NOW, before they even know what the fuck is going on. If his interviews didn't ask the most slanted, obvious questions would help as well.

I try not to dismiss him out of hand and give him every opportunity to do it right. He just never does.

That's because you're a rationale individual. Train, I wish I could give you the facts because then you'd be on my side. I have been trained to make assumptions based on not-perfect information. That's why I am where I am. Conversely, you don't buy things without facts, and I have to respect that.

That said, I agree with you on all the heartstring pulling in the movie. That shit pissed me off because it dilutes the message. Personally, I think F911 should have focuses the whole movie on what happened in the first 40 min. or so.

The thing is, some of the most important "conclusions," don't have any verifyable facts to back them up. Either because the shit went down in totally secret meetings, or because bush&friends are masters of deception.

My beliefs have been through the ringer since I got addicted to this board. But I know I'm right. There is something NOT RIGHT about this administration and it all leads to money and the thrill of power. But it's not there in black and white.

FORD
09-25-2004, 06:48 PM
Personally, I think F911 should have focuses the whole movie on what happened in the first 40 min. or so.

The original purpose of the movie was to focus on 9-11 and on the BCE's ties to the Saudis and the Bin Laden family. But then, just as the Iraq fuck up hijacked the "war on terra", it also became too big of a story for Moore to ignore. I wish he had done 2 different movies, actually, but then the question is whether he would have completed either of the two on time, and if he could only deliver one, then which one to proceed with.

The most disappointing part to me is that he didn't once mention PNAC by name, and didn't spend nearly enough time on the fact that their agenda was calling for an invasion of Iraq since 1998, and that they also acknowleged that an event such as "a new Pearl Harbor" would be neccessary to sell their agenda to the American people.

But since the BCE are the ones who insist that Iraq and 9-11 are the same story, then it made sense to combine them into one film.

The thing is, some of the most important "conclusions," don't have any verifyable facts to back them up. Either because the shit went down in totally secret meetings, or because bush&friends are masters of deception.

My beliefs have been through the ringer since I got addicted to this board. But I know I'm right. There is something NOT RIGHT about this administration and it all leads to money and the thrill of power. But it's not there in black and white.

The secrecy of this Fraudministration speaks more to the criminal nature of their activities more than any "conspiracy theory" does. If the BCE has nothing to hide, then why are they going out of their way to hide it?

ODShowtime
09-25-2004, 07:41 PM
The most disappointing part to me is that he didn't once mention PNAC by name, and didn't spend nearly enough time on the fact that their agenda was calling for an invasion of Iraq since 1998, and that they also acknowleged that an event such as "a new Pearl Harbor" would be neccessary to sell their agenda to the American people.

I know, I know. That shit IS in black and white. I mean, how could you understand in your own head that some of the main policy makers at the Pentagon worked for Israel in the past, wrote MANI-FUCKIN-FESTOS about how America needed a good bloody kick in the ass, advocated a clean slate in the middle east, and are under investigation for spying and influencing policy for Israel and not be seriously pissed off and scared?

I mean, when you put all those FACTS together, and you understand how it was done, and what's at stake, and all the people who have died, and the diplomatic and military power we squandered, how could you possibly not at least be very concerned about out administration? I think it's naive.

I better watch out Ford. If I get too buddy buddy with you, I'll make tiny E jealous :)

Big Train
09-26-2004, 04:15 AM
I hear there are 6 hours of outtake lies and distortions that didn't make the original film coming out on the DVD....

It is kinda hard, for even someone on the level of Moore, to make an entire propaganda film out of two lines of a 90 page document that says absolutely NOTHING like the way you constantly portray it to say.

The fact that you can't piece these things together says more about the "theories" than the administration. The fact that they don't wash out makes it even more so.

ELVIS
09-26-2004, 04:44 AM
and didn't spend nearly enough time on the fact that their agenda was calling for an invasion of Iraq since 1998

Actually it was called Regime Change, and your Messiah, Clinton signed the "Iraq Liberation Act of 1998" on Oct. 31, 1998...

The House passed the bill by a vote of 360 to 38, with 157 Democrats and 202 republicans...

What if Saddam Hussein fails to comply, and we fail to act, or we take some ambiguous third route which gives him yet more opportunities to develop his program of weapons of mass destruction and continue to press for the release of the sanctions and continue to ignore the solemn commitments that he made? Well, he will conclude that the international community has lost its will. He will then conclude that he can go right on and do more to rebuild an arsenal of devastating destruction."

The president's warnings are firm. "If we fail to respond today, Saddam and all those who would follow in his footsteps will be emboldened tomorrow." The stakes, he says, could not be higher. "Some day, some way, I guarantee you, he'll use the arsenal."

Bill Clinton February 18, 1998

:elvis:

Seshmeister
09-26-2004, 04:58 PM
Ha the guy that writes Morning has broken gets refused entry to the US.

Meanwhile every month 22 600 planes arrive in NYC without getting their cargoes screened.

6000 airport security workers in the US were laid off last year due to budget cuts yet the government can afford $50 billion for Iraq.

War on terror?

No wonder people are cynical...

Cheers!

:gulp:

FORD
09-26-2004, 06:09 PM
It's too bad the Republicans won't condemn Jerry Falwell & Pat Robertson for saying things worse than what Cat Stevens said. I'm sure I'm not the only one who remembers Pat & Jerry's explanation for the Sept 11 attacks....

Falwell: "What we saw on Tuesday, as terrible as it is, could be miniscule if, in fact, God continues to lift the curtain and allow the enemies of America to give us probably what we deserve."

Robertson: "Well, Jerry, that's my feeling. I think we've just seen the antechamber to terror, we haven't begun to see what they can do to the major population."

Falwell: "The ACLU has got to take a lot of blame for this. And I know I'll hear from them for this, but throwing God...successfully with the help of the federal court system...throwing God out of the public square, out of the schools, the abortionists have got to bear some burden for this because God will not be mocked and when we destroy 40 million little innocent babies, we make God mad...I really believe that the pagans and the abortionists and the feminists and the gays and the lesbians who are actively trying to make that an alternative lifestyle, the ACLU, People for the American Way, all of them who try to secularize America...I point the thing in their face and say you helped this happen."

Robertson: "I totally concur, and the problem is we've adopted that agenda at the highest levels of our government, and so we're responsible as a free society for what the top people do, and the top people, of course, is the court system."

Falwell: "Pat, did you notice yesterday that the ACLU and all the Christ-haters, the People for the American Way, NOW, etc., were totally disregarded by the Democrats and the Republicans in both houses of Congress, as they went out on the steps and and called out to God in prayer and sang 'God bless America' and said, let the ACLU be hanged. In other words, when the nation is on its knees, the only normal and natural and spiritual thing to do is what we ought to be doing all the time, calling on God."

- Jerry Falwell & Pat Robertson, the 700 Club, 9-12-01

lucky wilbury
09-26-2004, 09:05 PM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6099899/site/newsweek/

Homeland Security's Info: Miles from Nowhere

Alessandro Abbonizio/AFP-Getty Images

NewsweekOct. 4 issue - Security officials can't quite explain why singer Cat Stevens, now known as Yusuf Islam, was on a U.S. government "no fly" list. Homeland Security officials diverted his D.C.-bound jet to Bangor, Maine. Security experts in England said that Islam years ago helped set up an Islamic charity which campaigned to bar non-Muslims from Jerusalem; he also allegedly provided funds to the militant Palestinian group Hamas. In 1994, according to German police records, the singer met a German Islamic militant who later was mentor to 9/11 hijackers. But recently Yusuf Islam broke with Muslim militants, condemning extremism and pledging proceeds from a CD set to 9/11 families. Jewish leaders in Britain praise him as a moderate and say an Islamic school he set up in North London teaches a peaceful brand of Islam. "All indications are that his move away from extremism is entirely genuine, and he now concentrates on his school and his music," said Michael Whine, a spokesman for Britain's Jewish community.

U.S. security officials say that Islam's name for years has been on watch lists requiring that his U.S. visits be monitored. Records show that since 1999, he has visited the United States at least 19 times, most recently last May, when he traveled to Washington and met with top Bush administration officials, including U.S. foreign-aid chief Andrew Natsios; Jim Towey, chief of the White House office for "faith based" programs, and a Treasury official hunting terrorist financiers. What changed since May? Sources say the CIA issued a fresh intelligence report accusing Islam of recently meeting with extremists overseas—possibly in Dubai, where he maintains a residence; on July 27, at the request of the "intelligence community," the Homeland Security Department put his name on a "no fly" list, which banned him from getting on any U.S.-bound flight. (He was allowed to board his flight to Washington by mistake.) But sources familiar with U.S. intelligence told NEWSWEEK most of the info on Islam is old and that the latest intel may be of little consequence. Islam is threatening legal action to clear his name, and issued a statement denouncing "all forms of terrorism and injustice; it is simply outrageous for the U.S. authorities to suggest otherwise."

Already angered by the government's treatment of Yusuf Islam, the American Muslim community is likely to become further enraged when the Bush administration launches a new pre-election antiterrorism campaign this week that will include the likely arrests of hundreds of aliens from Middle Eastern and other countries known to be havens for terrorists. Homeland Security has targeted for possible detention as many as 2,000 foreigners who are believed to be in violation of their visas and about whom there is "soft intelligence" suggesting possible terror connections. Some security and intel officials acknowledged, however, that intel on Yusuf Islam might be so soft that the U.S. authorities may have to apologize to the singer.

ELVIS
09-26-2004, 09:55 PM
Falwell: "The ACLU has got to take a lot of blame for this. And I know I'll hear from them for this, but throwing God...successfully with the help of the federal court system...throwing God out of the public square, out of the schools, the abortionists have got to bear some burden for this because God will not be mocked and when we destroy 40 million little innocent babies, we make God mad...I really believe that the pagans and the abortionists and the feminists and the gays and the lesbians who are actively trying to make that an alternative lifestyle, the ACLU, People for the American Way, all of them who try to secularize America...I point the thing in their face and say you helped this happen."

Robertson: "I totally concur, and the problem is we've adopted that agenda at the highest levels of our government, and so we're responsible as a free society for what the top people do, and the top people, of course, is the court system."

There is some truth in this...

LoungeMachine
09-26-2004, 11:36 PM

There is some truth in this...

yeah, that's what we need

more religious zealots telling us how it is.

The more I read of you Elvis, and your ilk, the LESS difference I see between you and the morons thinking 70 virgins await them.

pathetic.

Sgt Schultz
09-27-2004, 10:02 AM

I wish these assholes would just dry up and blow away. Shut up already, the only people who enjoy listening to you are yourselves.

Put 'em on the next plane with Catshit.

JCOOK
09-27-2004, 01:14 PM
Well at least you got one thing right Ford it was movie and not a documentary