PDA

View Full Version : suitcase nukes?

scorpioboy33
09-22-2004, 01:53 AM
Just a quick little question I just read an article about suitcase bombs from the former Soviet Union. Anyways apparently like 100 are missing and these suitcase (mini nukes) could do about one fifth the damage of the nuke dropped on Hiroshima in WW2.

ANyways my question is this..if it's true that 100 of these are missing and can be bought for 20 mill. could terrorists actually use these in NYC or some big center and kill hundreds of thousands of people..?

scorpioboy33
09-22-2004, 02:00 AM
and further..lets say that a couple were used...what would be the ramifications on the world economy...way of life etc?

FORD
09-22-2004, 02:09 AM
According to General Tommy Franks, ANY terrorist attack in this country will give the BCE an excuse to rip up the constitution and replace it with a military/fascist dictatorship.

ELVIS
09-22-2004, 02:09 AM
I don't think they exist...

ELVIS
09-22-2004, 02:12 AM
Originally posted by FORD
According to General Tommy Franks, ANY terrorist attack in this country will give the BCE an excuse to rip up the constitution and replace it with a military/fascist dictatorship.

Show me where he said anything resembling that garbage...

scorpioboy33
09-22-2004, 02:25 AM
hmm ok...I have heard this before..but the article I read was from an indie mag in my city so maybe they don't exist

FORD
09-22-2004, 02:26 AM
Originally posted by ELVIS
Show me where he said anything resembling that garbage...

Gen. Tommy Franks says that if the United States is hit with a weapon of mass destruction that inflicts large casualties, the Constitution will likely be discarded in favor of a military form of government.

Franks, who successfully led the U.S. military operation to liberate Iraq, expressed his worries in an extensive interview he gave to the men’s lifestyle magazine Cigar Aficionado.

In the magazine’s December edition, the former commander of the military’s Central Command warned that if terrorists succeeded in using a weapon of mass destruction (WMD) against the U.S. or one of our allies, it would likely have catastrophic consequences for our cherished republican form of government.

Discussing the hypothetical dangers posed to the U.S. in the wake of Sept. 11, Franks said that “the worst thing that could happen” is if terrorists acquire and then use a biological, chemical or nuclear weapon that inflicts heavy casualties.

If that happens, Franks said, “... the Western world, the free world, loses what it cherishes most, and that is freedom and liberty we’ve seen for a couple of hundred years in this grand experiment that we call democracy.”

Franks then offered “in a practical sense” what he thinks would happen in the aftermath of such an attack.

“It means the potential of a weapon of mass destruction and a terrorist, massive, casualty-producing event somewhere in the Western world – it may be in the United States of America – that causes our population to question our own Constitution and to begin to militarize our country in order to avoid a repeat of another mass, casualty-producing event. Which in fact, then begins to unravel the fabric of our Constitution. Two steps, very, very important.”

From the "unimpeachable right wing source", Newshax (http://www.newsmax.com/archives/articles/2003/11/20/185048.shtml)

ELVIS
09-22-2004, 02:33 AM
He was speculating on a worse case scenario, something we are trying to prevent with the WAR ON TERROR...

He was in no was laying the groundwork for a BCE conspiracy...

ELVIS
09-22-2004, 02:34 AM
..and he did not say "ANY" attack...

FORD
09-22-2004, 02:39 AM
Any attack on the US would have to be that serious, because that would be the only way the "terrorists" :rolleyes: could top their last act.

scorpioboy33
09-22-2004, 02:53 AM
i think the last attack was NOTHING compared to what eventually will happen unfortun.

ELVIS
09-22-2004, 02:58 AM
Originally posted by FORD
Any attack on the US would have to be that serious, because that would be the only way the "terrorists" :rolleyes: could top their last act.

I'm ashamed of the things you seem to truly believe...

We'll see when this prophecy comes to pass...

ODShowtime
09-22-2004, 09:43 AM
I think the fact that 9-11 was accomplished with people and box cutters signals that at least right now, the terrorists cannot obtain, or at least deliver, a nuke.

It would be a lot easier logistically to nuke and Indian city first to ignite a war between them and Pakistan. that would probably inflame muslim people though out the world and lead to worse...