PDA

View Full Version : Early Kerry: Disband CIA, Put US Troops Under UN Control

John Ashcroft
01-25-2004, 09:58 PM
As he builds his lead with New Hampshire voters leading up to Tuesday's Democratic primary, Sen. John Kerry is no doubt hoping that copies of an old interview he gave during his first congressional race don't suddenly turn up.

It was 1970 and the ambitious Massachusetts Democrat had just returned from Vietnam, completely soured on America and its influence throughout the world.

Running against Rev. Robert F. Drinan in Massachusetts' Third District, Kerry granted an interview to the Harvard Crimson.

He told the college paper that it was time to "almost eliminate CIA activity," according to excerpts obtained by Boston Globe last June. What's more, Kerry wanted U.S. troops "dispersed through the world only at the directive of the United Nations."

After abandoning his challenge to Drinan, Kerry joined Vietnam Veterans Against the War and testified before the Senate, where he slammed the soldiers he served with as war criminals.

GI's in Vietnam, Kerry said, had "personally raped [Vietnamese civilians], cut off ears, cut off heads, taped wires from portable telephone to human genitals and turned up the power, cut off limbs, blown up bodies, randomly shot at civilians, razed villages in a fashion reminiscent of Genghis Khan."

Kerry later admitted he hadn't personally witnessed any of the atrocities he claimed his fellow soldiers had committed.

Link: here (http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2004/1/25/214708.shtml)

lucky wilbury
01-25-2004, 10:14 PM
this stuff is going to make great tv spots againest kerry.

Dr. Love
01-26-2004, 09:09 AM
I had a feeling I'd start reading more stuff from the conservatives around here about Kerry. ;)

FORD
01-26-2004, 09:30 AM
I'm no Kerry fan by any means, but if he said something about disbanding the CIA right after returning from Vietnam, I'll bet he had a good reason. Maybe he witnessed some of the "Golden Triangle" operations first hand and didn't think it was a good enough reason for a war.

Oddly enough, the CIA - like the current Fraudministration - was founded by Kerry's "frat brothers" in Skull & Bones.

BigBadBrian
01-26-2004, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by FORD
I'm no Kerry fan by any means, but if he said something about disbanding the CIA right after returning from Vietnam, I'll bet he had a good reason.

Bill Clinton basically denuded the CIA. I won't hold Kerry responsible, however, for something he said 30 years ago. Everyone says stuff they later regret. I wonder how he feels about these things now? That's my question.

lucky wilbury
01-26-2004, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by BigBadBrian
Bill Clinton basically denuded the CIA. I won't hold Kerry responsible, however, for something he said 30 years ago. Everyone says stuff they later regret. I wonder how he feels about these things now? That's my question.

he was cutting intel spending all throughout the 90,s. then after 9-11 he complained that the intel communty didn't have the money to do their jobs! i wonder why that is:rolleyes:

BigBadBrian
01-26-2004, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by lucky wilbury
he was cutting intel spending all throughout the 90,s. then after 9-11 he complained that the intel communty didn't have the money to do their jobs! i wonder why that is:rolleyes:

Yeah, I agree. That's the case with a lot of the libs.