PDA

View Full Version : Elder Bush Slams CBS For Story About Son's Military Service

ELVIS
09-22-2004, 10:05 PM
Former President Calls Account 'Insidious'

September 22, 2004 (http://www.newsnet5.com/politics/3752309/detail.html)

COLUMBUS, Ohio -- Former President George H.W. Bush on Wednesday called a recent CBS News account of his son's military service an "insidious" attempt to malign the president.

Although he endured negative coverage during his own presidency, the elder Bush said he has a hard time dealing with critical media coverage of his son.

"This disgraceful thing with CBS, trying to malign our son's service as a jet pilot, was insidious," Bush told about 300 Republican supporters at a private ballroom in Columbus.

CBS and anchor Dan Rather apologized Monday for a "60 Minutes" segment that quoted documents, purported to be from one of Bush's commanders in the Texas Air National Guard, saying George W. Bush did not take a medical exam as ordered and that the commander felt pressured to sugarcoat an evaluation of then-1st Lt. Bush.

Rather said the network could not determine if the memos were authentic.

In an 11-minute speech, Bush also praised his son's religious faith, saying he knows the president has been criticized for his beliefs.

"He gets strength, great strength, from knowing that there's a being far greater than any of us, and I believe that is one of the things that has sustained him when the going gets really tough," Bush said.

In Bob Woodward's book "Plan of Attack," released last spring, the reporter quoted President Bush as saying he did not turn to his father for advice on going to war in Iraq, saying, "There is a higher father that I appeal to."

The former president also said he was heartened by recent polls showing his son leading Democrat John Kerry.

"But the message I want to leave with you is you can't take anything for granted," Bush said. "They're going to roll out every gun they have."

:elvis:

FORD
09-22-2004, 10:44 PM
Poppy's probably the one who faxed the damn documents.

Big Train
09-22-2004, 10:54 PM
Spinning wheel, spinning round....

Let me guess. BCE ops Masquerading as Bush Haters fucking up CBS's reports? Ford, PLEASE tell me your not serious?

Is Karl Rove an evil genius or are the liberals just idiots? Somethings got to give for that theory to wash..

Seshmeister
09-22-2004, 11:29 PM
I dunno whether to laugh or cry watching some of you fall for this transparent shit.

Bush as the simple straight talking Texan boy from the straight ahead common man family.

Not the super privilaged, bought into Yale, bought out of Vietnam cokehead DUI playboy failure son of East coast corrupt aristocracy.

Big Train
09-23-2004, 12:29 AM
So sesh, I'm falling for it. Are you gonna tell me those documents were real? That they were BCE plants doing it? What makes you think I buy every inch of every thing people say?

Warham
09-23-2004, 07:03 AM
The liberal media has lost all credibility.

FORD
09-23-2004, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by Warham
The liberal media has lost all credibility.

The media has lost all liberalability. That's why it's no longer credible.

Sgt Schultz
09-23-2004, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by Seshmeister
I dunno whether to laugh or cry watching some of you fall for this transparent shit.

Bush as the simple straight talking Texan boy from the straight ahead common man family.

Not the super privilaged, bought into Yale, bought out of Vietnam cokehead DUI playboy failure son of East coast corrupt aristocracy.

Come back and post when you actually know something.

Seshmeister
09-23-2004, 11:24 AM
What don't I know?

Are you a Stepford Bushite?

Sgt Schultz
09-23-2004, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by Seshmeister
What don't I know?

Are you a Stepford Bushite?

Bring it on. Every thing you post is horse shit.

FORD
09-23-2004, 11:31 AM
Right.... everything is "horseshit" if it doesn't follow the BCE-Clear Channel-FAUX spin.....

Sgt Schultz
09-23-2004, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by FORD
Right.... everything is "horseshit" if it doesn't follow the BCE-Clear Channel-FAUX spin.....

No, he continually comes in here from his vantage point across the Atlantic and tells us that we support Bush because we are duped into thinking he sum gun slingin' Texas Cowpoke, yeeehaw, veoooote fer Bush 'yall!

FORD
09-23-2004, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by Sgt Schultz
No, he continually comes in here from his vantage point across the Atlantic and tells us that we support Bush because we are duped into thinking he sum gun slingin' Texas Cowpoke, yeeehaw, veoooote fer Bush 'yall!

Yes, his vantage point across the Atlantic.... where the media isn't dedicated to BCE propaganda and you can actually hear the news.

As to whether you're duped into believing the bullshit or not, only you can answer that, but from where I'm sitting, it sure as Hell appears that way.

Sgt Schultz
09-23-2004, 11:48 AM
Yes, his vantage point across the Atlantic.... where the media isn't dedicated to BCE propaganda and you can actually hear the news.

As to whether you're duped into believing the bullshit or not, only you can answer that, but from where I'm sitting, it sure as Hell appears that way.

Yup, ye sher got me pegged. Ama votin fer Bush cuz he sports a fine cowboyee hat, speaks with a good 'ol drawl, spits teebacky, and looks g-u-d good in his flight duds! Ama votin fer him cuz i rekon heeza fixin tuh ban thu Constantushun, makes hisself dictater and suzpend all sival rats.

Now ize gotta git back to watchin Nascar and beatin' muh wife!

Seshmeister
09-23-2004, 12:22 PM
Well that's one vote explained.

My quest to understand how anyone with a brain could vote for Bush cuntinues...:)

John Ashcroft
09-23-2004, 12:37 PM
Well be prepared Sesh, he's your leader too. The kicker is, you don't even get to vote...

God Bless the good old U.S. of Fuckin' A!

Big Train
09-23-2004, 01:00 PM
For Ford to sit here and say we are blind sheep is hilarious. His is the master of "my way or the highway" thinking. His logic is a Field of Dreams: If I construct a weird, unsubstanciated theory, it did happen. They are all sheep, they are all sheep......must buy tin foil.

FORD
09-23-2004, 02:11 PM
Construct a weird unsubstantiated theory?

You mean like the one where a "magic bullet" fired from a 4th floor window, behind President Kennedy's limo managed to enter his throat from the front, and blow the top of his fucking skull off?

Or the one where Sirhan Sirhan stood about 6 feet in front of Bobby Kennedy and miraculously managed to get a gun in behind his right ear and fire at such a close range to leave powder burns on the victim?

How about the one where an old man with kidney disease in some fucking cave coordinated 19 half-assed pilots with box cutters in a sophisticated military attack which would have been difficult for even expert pilots to pull off in commercial jets?

Seems like you right wingers have come up with some ridiculous conspiracies all on your own :D

Seshmeister
09-23-2004, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by John Ashcroft
Well be prepared Sesh, he's your leader too. The kicker is, you don't even get to vote...

Since when did your vote matter?

This election has already been decided.

Either way a right wing member of the US aristocracy gets in.

Sgt Schultz
09-23-2004, 02:40 PM
I believe!! Praise da lord!! Proof that it wasnt Lee Harvey Oswald....

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/billremig/sniper_kitten.jpg

Warham
09-23-2004, 02:44 PM
I believe in conspiracy theories. Just look at what's going on between the Democratic Party, CBS, and Bill Burkett. Dubbed 'Memogate'.

ELVIS
09-23-2004, 03:03 PM

You mean like the one where a "magic bullet" fired from a 4th floor window, behind President Kennedy's limo managed to enter his throat from the front, and blow the top of his fucking skull off?

Conspiracy

Or the one where Sirhan Sirhan stood about 6 feet in front of Bobby Kennedy and miraculously managed to get a gun in behind his right ear and fire at such a close range to leave powder burns on the victim?

Conspiracy

How about the one where an old man with kidney disease in some fucking cave coordinated 19 half-assed pilots with box cutters in a sophisticated military attack which would have been difficult for even expert pilots to pull off in commercial jets?

FORD twisted spew...

FORD
09-23-2004, 03:39 PM
My twisted spew?? Nope, that's your official BCE cover story.

Warham
09-23-2004, 03:51 PM
FORD, a guy in his 40's is old? You must be middle aged then, huh?

FORD
09-23-2004, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by Warham
FORD, a guy in his 40's is old? You must be middle aged then, huh?

Osama's only in his 40's??

Geezus, I guess being a CIA sponsored terrorist ain't a very healthy lifestyle then. He looks a lot older....

Warham
09-23-2004, 03:55 PM
Born in 1957.

ODShowtime
09-23-2004, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by John Ashcroft

Even though you get on my nerves and represent evil, you still crack me up sometimes.

Seshmeister
09-23-2004, 11:15 PM
http://www.consumptionjunction.com/downloadsnew/cj_38133.gif