PDA

View Full Version : Who would you Rather have in power?

Lqskdiver
09-22-2004, 10:10 PM
Let's see if we have any takers. Of course, we might get the disgruntled view of this isn't about power, its about OIL.

ELVIS
09-22-2004, 10:14 PM
President Bush, of course...

FORD will be unable to answer this...:)

lms2
09-22-2004, 10:16 PM
So then this thread is Ford free?

freak
09-22-2004, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by lms2
So then this thread is Ford free?

Like a moth to flame.
He will be here.
He may even chose that time to World Premier his latest conspiracy theory.

lms2
09-22-2004, 10:20 PM
LOL

FORD
09-23-2004, 09:50 AM
A dictator is a dictator. There are no acceptable dictators in the United States of America.

Sgt Schultz
09-23-2004, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by FORD
A dictator is a dictator. There are no acceptable dictators in the United States of America.

You constant hyperbole cheapens the word that you choose to use for effect. Using words like "Dictator", "Fascism", "Criminal" etc etc ad nauseum, comparing Bush to Hitler, and the never ending crackpot conspiracy theories all ring 100% false. I suppose then that you are not really interested in a dialogue at all, only a histrionic spleen venting drive-by-shooting monologue. Or am I wrong?

FORD
09-23-2004, 10:51 AM
I use the words that fit. The BCE are criminals and fascists. And while the BCE is technically not a dictatorship yet, the Constitutional checks and balances have been forcibly eroded to the point where it is not much of a leap to become so. General Tommy Franks has in fact said that it's just one "terra attack" away.

Seshmeister
09-23-2004, 12:29 PM
Sgt Schultz is correct with the criticism of hyperbole but it cuts both ways.

John Ashcroft
09-23-2004, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by FORD

Good thing we don't have one of those...

Warham
09-23-2004, 02:48 PM
FORD, every one of your heroes could have been considered a criminal...

Kennedy, LBJ, Clinton, and Kerry.

Perhaps Jimmy Carter is exempt.

knuckleboner
09-23-2004, 02:57 PM
d. dennis haysbert.

Switch84
09-23-2004, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by knuckleboner
d. Dennis Haysbert.

:D LMAO! Only on television will you see a black man as President of the United States.....

On that note, I'll pick Morgan Freeman.

freak
09-23-2004, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by Switch84
:D LMAO! Only on television will you see a black man as President of the United States.....

Hey, I want Condi Rice to run in 2008. Serious as a heart attack.

knuckleboner
09-24-2004, 12:46 AM

heh heh. reminds me of chris rock stealing from eddie murphy stealing from richard pryor on why a black man will never be vice president.

cause some brother will pop the president, get arrested, and become the most popular guy in the joint.:D

and powell would've been it in 2008. he just didn't want it.

rice won't run in 2008. regardless of gender/ethnicity, the intelligence "questions" will keep her from running. fairly or unfairly, i'm not sure. but she won't.

eventually, though, it'll happen. 2016's my guess...

FORD
09-24-2004, 12:50 AM

Morgan Freeman was God in his last movie. Wouldn't President be a step down from that?

DrMaddVibe
09-24-2004, 08:28 AM
If being an actor and running for office is a bad thing then J-Lo should run for POTUS!

Wayne L.
09-24-2004, 11:54 AM
President Bush....John Kerry officially lost the election with his ludicrious speech yesterday after the prime minister of Iraq spoke to congress.

knuckleboner
09-24-2004, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by Wayne L.
John Kerry officially lost the election with his ludicrious speech yesterday after the prime minister of Iraq spoke to congress.

no chance. that particular speech won't factor into 1% of the voters' concerns.

and what was said has been said for quite some time. it's nothing new.

now...back to the topic at hand:

president diddy, 2024.

"hey, speaker of the house. go into georgetown and pick me up some cristal. you, secretary of the interior, i need you to get me a new red, white and blue fur. from aspen. go."

you know, he hasn't exactly been to yale. but he's definitely a better businessman than the current president;)

Jano
09-24-2004, 01:05 PM
Bring DAVE!!!TO the white house!:D

freak
09-24-2004, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by Jano
Bring DAVE!!!TO the white house!:D

You're pretty cool for a French guy!
:D

knuckleboner
09-24-2004, 01:26 PM
hey, dave IS a black man (trapped in a jewish guy's body.)

vote dave, 2008.

he's got the midget vote locked up and the female vote licked...

Wayne L.
09-24-2004, 04:30 PM
You have to be in dreamland politically if you don't think it was a crazy speech that John Kerry gave after Irqi prime minister Allawi's speech to congress while it's a sure thing that George W. Bush will win re-election in November.

knuckleboner
09-24-2004, 05:06 PM
crazy or not, there's no way that speech has any negligible impact on the election. you don't see it in the mainstream media (either #1. because of the leftist bias, or #2. because it's really just a rehasing of his prior statements and re-telling of statements the press already reported about the CIA and others.)

kerry may very well lose in november. but that speech will not be a factor.