PDA

View Full Version : Worst Dave song

Sarge
01-26-2004, 01:10 AM
If there is a worst Dave song I am going to have to say

"You're Breathin' It [Urban NYC Mix]
The Jamician Rapper... UGH!
THAT SONG SUCKS!

Also Cheatin Heart Cafe with Travis Tritt is awful as well..
What do you guys/gals think??
Sarge

Chris Lee
01-26-2004, 08:36 AM
I hate the song Damn Good. Can't stand it. Im sure there is a few more, but that one is top of the list.
I actualy like Your're Breathin' iT.

flappo
01-26-2004, 10:34 AM
..most of his last album and at least half of a lil aint enough

TMR
01-26-2004, 10:47 PM
Sarge, I agree with you 100% percent....those songs are my least favorite as well!
Jamaican Rapper really sucks and Dave doing country makes me sick as well.
Then there are some great songs on that cd...He should of had MISSISSIPPI POWER on the record and cut NY MIX BREATH/IN IT OUT!

ELVIS
01-27-2004, 01:13 AM
Ice Cream Man 2

MAX
01-27-2004, 02:19 AM
I hate "Stand Up!"

Foozwah
01-27-2004, 06:22 AM
Originally posted by MAX
I hate "Stand Up!"

I was just thinking, 'Yeah, "Stand Up" pretty much sucks the fat one,' but then I went and had a listen to it again...and realised it's really only the chorus that shits me.

Thought I was going to be at a loss to pick a Worst Dave Song after that, but fortunately, at that very moment the next track kicked in, reminding me all too quickly that listening to 'Hina' is not unlike scraping jagged and bloody fingernails down the blackboard of my soul. Eesh...

So yeah, 'Hina' gets my vote.

Sarge
01-27-2004, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by Chris Lee
I hate the song Damn Good. Can't stand it. Im sure there is a few more, but that one is top of the list.
Damn Good is a Damn Good song!!

Foozwah
01-27-2004, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by Sarge

Damn Right!

Little Texan
01-27-2004, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by Foozwah
Thought I was going to be at a loss to pick a Worst Dave Song after that, but fortunately, at that very moment the next track kicked in, reminding me all too quickly that listening to 'Hina' is not unlike scraping jagged and bloody fingernails down the blackboard of my soul. Eesh...

So yeah, 'Hina' gets my vote.

Hina? I think that is one of Dave's better solo songs... I like that song.

Lou
01-27-2004, 06:53 PM
No Big Ting is the one I hate most, with Stand Up as a close second and then Counter-Blast coming in at 3rd. This is of course not counting anything on "Diamond Dave."

TMR
01-27-2004, 11:38 PM
HINA is a beautiful song!

DLR7884
01-27-2004, 11:50 PM
Hina is a great song.

DLR7884
Great riff!

Mr Badguy
01-28-2004, 12:00 AM
I`ve never been a big fan of "Tobacco Road".

Or "Everybody`s got the monkey".

DLR7884
01-28-2004, 12:40 AM
I don't like Everybody's Got The Monkey too much either.

Big Train kinda gets on my nerves.

DLR7884
That Urban City NY Mix of You're Breathin' It is pathetic.

Sarge
01-28-2004, 01:39 AM
Big Ting.. another awful one..
YFLM hold the list for worst songs...

DLR7884
01-28-2004, 01:44 AM
YFLM has more bad songs than the new album???

I don't think so.

It has more good songs than the new one.

If they are bad, at least they are originals.

DLR7884
What was Dave's quote about ccover songs being hits???

Foozwah
01-29-2004, 04:18 PM
I could concede Hina was one of Dave's better songs...but only provided I was assuming every single other song he's ever done in his entire life was even better...

[shrug] Sorry, but something about it just grates on my nerves. Always has. Even thinking about it now is annoying.

Just my opinion though, and others' mileage obviously varies. :D

Catfish
01-29-2004, 04:43 PM
Medicine Man. What the fuck is that shit?

I agree also with Ice Cream Man 2 and I don't particularly like Hina, either. Cheatin' Heart Cafe licks Travis Tit. Perfect Timing's pretty fucking stoopid, too.

I thought No Big 'Ting was one of Dave's more creative songs with some of his best lyrics.

Catfish
01-29-2004, 04:46 PM
Oh yeah, and I don't like Best Tool for the Job or Tight. They seem so forced.

S.P.G
01-29-2004, 05:02 PM
no big ting is shite and the whole of his last album is dross!

DLR7884
01-30-2004, 12:03 AM
Tight was a much better song when it was called Private Parts.

Part of the reason it seems forced is because of the lyrics. When it was written for Howard it seemed to flow.

DLR7884
Dave's band is tight though, just like the song says.

DLR7884
01-30-2004, 12:05 AM
Don't Piss Me Off was a rather subpar effort as well. It would have fit perfectly on his latest release.

DLR7884
God that song is boring!

Cathedral
01-30-2004, 01:53 AM
Everything Dave has done has been Dave being Dave. Nobody is better at being Dave than Dave when it comes to being Dave.....He is Da Dave!

I like all his stuff...He's got Charasma!

Diva Lee Roth
01-30-2004, 02:28 AM
Originally posted by Cathedral
Everything Dave has done has been Dave being Dave. Nobody is better at being Dave than Dave when it comes to being Dave.....He is Da Dave!

I like all his stuff...He's got Charasma!

So do you,Cat!!! Roth on!!!;)

vamp1227
01-30-2004, 07:52 AM
Damn Right!
damn straight....I cant stand Jamaican rapper

BrownSound1
01-30-2004, 05:11 PM
King of the Hill irritates the fuck out of me.

Sarge
01-30-2004, 11:26 PM
King of the Hill?
That song is great compared to "No Big Ting" Everybodys got the Monkey and Your Breathin It NYC Remix..
Shit,,,

Switch84
02-10-2004, 04:51 PM
:eek: :elvis: Ewwww, Dave doing Country is vomit-inducing!!! I actually stomped on that disc! I'm no fan of "Medicine Man" (Diamond Dave cd), either. All of that distorted mumbling is annoying as fuck! And he REALLY needs to stay away from Rap...."Thug Pop" was just downright shitty!

Albert Einstein
02-10-2004, 06:48 PM
Damn Right!

Damn Sweet:D

Lou
02-10-2004, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by Switch84
:eek: :elvis: Ewwww, Dave doing Country is vomit-inducing!!! I actually stomped on that disc! I'm no fan of "Medicine Man" (Diamond Dave cd), either. All of that distorted mumbling is annoying as fuck! And he REALLY needs to stay away from Rap...."Thug Pop" was just downright shitty!

I guess I'm the only person who feels this way, but "Thug Pop" sounds to me like it was written in 10 minutes. It sounds like it's just following a formula, and I said this in another thread, I honestly just KNEW it was going to have that standard alternative-rock abrupt ending while I was hearing it for the first time.

WARF
02-11-2004, 01:28 AM
I know you fuckers are sick of top ten lists....

But here is my Top Ten of Roth Songs that suck!

1- Your Breathin It (Remix) What the fuck is this crap? Producer Nile Rodgers of Madonna fame, transforming Diamond Dave into a BLING BLING rapper simply doesn't work for me. I would also like to add the production has a amateurish PBS early morning cartoon vibe. Terrible.

2- Tommorow Never Knows - I'm sure George Harrison is rolling in his grave, after listening to this abomination to the Beatles classic. Quite simply, this is not his formula. A total embaressment that makes No Holds BBQ look competent.

3- Cheatin Heart Cafe - After one listening to this crap, you gotta find it hard to believe DLR's career would ever recover from this travesty. Even the lyrics aren't up to DLR's standards, and Travis Tritt adds insult to injury.

4- Ice Cream Man (2003) - Let's turn an original classic, into a loungey Las Vegas Song. LET'S NOT!

5- Everybody's Got The Monkey - This song is so absurdly awful, I simply cannot grasp how this made the cut on YFLM. Peter Gabriel's SHOCK THE MONKEY is even better than this cowdung.

6- Counter- Blast - David's worst lyrical song. I must confess the tune is catchy, but his vocals seem strained and the riff becomes tiresome.

7- She's lookin Good - Actually, I can't rate this one. Because I skip it everytime. I'm sorry, If I wanna see white people dancin' toblack peoples music.... I'll go buy a fucking Vanilla Ice album.

8- Skyscraper - Dave has never made such an ambitious song, that so dreadfully backfired unto him. A totally inept concept. However, Vai's virtuoso guitar playin' might attract you to this effort, if your into surrealism and Drugs at 3 A.M. in the morning.

9- 6 Fools A Minute - Is this the beginning of DLR's destiny into the world of Las Vegas? This jazzy tongue in cheek manifesto clocks in just under 3 minutes... Personally I rather spend 3 masturbating or catching the last few minutes of the LAWRENCE WELK show.

10 - Hammerhead Shark - I'm gonna take the Green Eggs & Ham approach for this review. I simply do not like this song. I would not listen to it with a Fox... or in a box.

FORD
02-28-2004, 12:38 PM
Stand Up. The "Vegas" version of Ice Cream Man. I'll Wait (though Eddie's more to blame for that one)

FORD
02-28-2004, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by WARF

3- Cheatin Heart Cafe - After one listening to this crap, you gotta find it hard to believe DLR's career would ever recover from this travesty. Even the lyrics aren't up to DLR's standards, and Travis Tritt adds insult to injury.

I think Dave was really drunk when he did that one. Maybe drunk enough to think he was doing a duet with Michael Anthony. They do kinda look alike you know. Though maybe "Beer Drinkers and Hell Raisers" would have been a better choice ;)

Sarge
02-28-2004, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by WARF
I know you fuckers are sick of top ten lists....

6- Counter- Blast - David's worst lyrical song. I must confess the tune is catchy, but his vocals seem strained and the riff becomes tiresome.

I like this song..
It sounds like a Zepp tune!

WARF
03-02-2004, 03:59 AM
I like this song..
It sounds like a Zepp tune!

I thought blacklight sounded more like led zepp!!

Switch84
03-02-2004, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by FORD
[ I'll Wait (though Eddie's more to blame for that one) [/B]

:eek: ;) No way! I LOVE "I'll Wait"! You fellas just can't dig it, I guess. My cousin, Chuck said it's a 'Chick song'.

:rolleyes: WHATEVER!

ELVIS
03-08-2004, 05:04 PM
I love 'I'll Wait'...

I like 'Thug Pop' too...

:elvis:

Lou
03-08-2004, 07:02 PM
To say either Counter-Blast or Blacklight sounded like Led Zeppelin is pretty ridiculous. I fucking HATE Counter-Blast and Blacklight is just filler...two weakest tracks on the album in my opinion.

DLR7884
03-08-2004, 07:08 PM
"Blacklight" sounds more like Zep than any other song on that album.

"Counterblast" is straight filler.

DLR7884
I agree with Lou on that.

ScreamDaddy
03-11-2004, 06:22 PM
Did he actually do anything after Vanhalen 2?
It seems that all his efforts have been trying to keep a sound that died when the band broke up, even before the band broke up.
All I want to know is what happened to the friggin scream.
I tell ya I'd like to hear all the songs they didn't record but wrote.
I bet there is a lot of great stuff on the editing floor that will never be heard.
Still love ya Dave!

flappo
03-12-2004, 05:05 PM
"Did he actually do anything after Vanhalen 2?"

..fair warning and 1984 , ??

..worst song he ever did was that pos 'experience' where he starts whining like a schoolgirl , makes me wanna puke

HippieLettuce
03-18-2004, 08:27 PM
Shit It.....er......Shoot It

Full Bug
03-19-2004, 06:37 PM
Two Fools A Minute, I hate that song I think more then any Dave tune out there, makes my skin crawl.....

Switch84
03-20-2004, 01:09 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by FORD
Maybe drunk enough to think he was doing a duet with Michael Anthony.

:lol: Holy, SHIT! That was classic!

pete
03-20-2004, 01:14 AM

A-FUCKING-MEN

degüello
03-20-2004, 01:11 PM
Stand Up and Shoot It are equal contenders for being some of his worst solo material ever. Those songs make me cringe.

Rubnose
03-25-2004, 10:51 PM
"Hina" would have been an excellent song if it wasn't called "Hina" It sounds gay hearing it and sounds gay saying it.

The entire Diamond Dave CD is unlistenable and YFLM is almost as bad and is only saved by "She's My Machine".

*I don't know what it is but "Pushover" gives me the hee-bee jee-bees. I really hate all those old songs that Dave tries to update. It was a fun idea for the CFTH EP but to milk it into a career is just a big bad mistake.

Leandro Pujiz
03-26-2004, 08:57 PM
He never record a bad song.....Dave Rules!

DaveIsKing
04-14-2004, 12:39 PM
CHEATIN' HEART CAFE by a goddamn landslide.

WTF???

ALMOSTsaved
04-15-2004, 12:32 PM
"Hina", "Knucklebones" and "Damn Good" are 3 main reasons that I want the DLR catalog re-mastered.

Worst Dave song in my opinion is: "40 Below"...Just couldn't get into it.

But...bare in mind. I don't own DLR Band or Diamond Dave and although I DO own it, I don't consider "Your Filthy Little Mouth" a Dave album.

DLRismydad
04-18-2004, 03:20 PM
For me it's either Easy street or Don't PIss ME Off

secrets
04-25-2004, 06:43 PM
Probably haven't heard enough recent Dave CD's but "Last Call" and "It's Show Time" are my least favourite on "A Little Ain't Enough".

Also "Tell the Truth" is good but it sounds alot like "Black Velvet" by Alana Myles IMO.

Mezro
05-05-2004, 08:39 PM
If there is a worst Dave song I am going to have to say

"You're Breathin' It [Urban NYC Mix]
The Jamician Rapper... UGH!
THAT SONG SUCKS!

Also Cheatin Heart Cafe with Travis Tritt is awful as well..
What do you guys/gals think??
Sarge

Cheatin Heart Cafe sucks the brown doughnut.

I hate that sperm holder the most and wish a lightning bolt would hit Travis Shit right in the tadpoles for fucking up a DLR song.

Mezro..see my middle finger Travis!

cwsmith17
05-05-2004, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by Chris Lee

Get off this site now!

Panamark
05-06-2004, 06:08 AM
You are all miles off !!

"Look at all the people here tonight !"

That has to be the winner...

Chong Li
06-01-2004, 11:47 PM
Whoa- I dont really have a problem with anything off Skyscraper. YFLM is when Dave went down big time. My god, I had forgotten about Hammerhead Shark. That is a really bad song.

Loons The Great
12-25-2006, 04:33 PM
Act One

danzig
12-25-2006, 05:28 PM
Everything after Just Like Paradise on Skyscaper. Specifically "Bottom Line" and Stand Up." Stand Up video is vomit inducing........... Dave rules but consistency isn't his strong point.. Hot dog and a Shake? Am I supposed to sing to that song?

flappo
12-29-2006, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by S.P.G
no big ting is shite and the whole of his last album is dross!

make that man a mod !

Loons The Great
02-28-2007, 02:24 AM
Stand Up...because the more you do it...the less you fall down...

Little Texan
03-13-2007, 08:18 PM
"Look At All The People Here Tonight"

Is that even considered a song? Lamest concept ever.

Eyes of the Night
03-13-2007, 10:38 PM
Sinner's Swing ... hands down

bueno bob
03-14-2007, 04:46 AM
Can I choose something based solely on Steve Vai playing on it, and for no other reason?

bastardog
03-15-2007, 03:13 PM
The one he didnot sang on HOF........:mad:

Combat Ready
03-15-2007, 03:30 PM
posted: 03-13-2007 at 06:38 PM
Profile Pm Email www Search Buddy IP

[Post #63]
Originally posted by Eyes

quick quote

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sinners's swing---Are you fucking nuts? Wrong answer--All time classic!

Eyes of the Night
03-16-2007, 05:22 PM
Don't get me wrong CR, the opening riff I think is one of Ed's top 3 butt ... the chorus really kills the vibe for that song ... they soulda switched it up ...

Loons The Great
05-08-2007, 08:52 PM
Ize dig the drums on I'll Wait...not crazy 'bout the lyrics...I wrote a letter and tol' 'er deze wirds...dat meant a lot to me...WTF?:wtf: