PDA

View Full Version : Someone paid $48 for WACF Sessions on eBay

Lou
01-26-2004, 01:19 AM
Yeah it was supposedly the original silvers, and I've stated before that I have no problem paying for originals as they are limited, and at some point somebody paid for them over in Japan or Europe. But $48? I don't blame the person who sold them, because hey if someone's willing to pay it, why not. But the person who bought that is just a fucking moron, for less than 40 minutes of music.

I'm all anti-mp3 these days but you know for the sake for $48 I can get by on my mp3 version of that. Though I wouldn't mind if someone who had that put it up on sharingthegroove.org (hint, hint) :)

jengis
01-26-2004, 08:19 AM
48 BUCKS ? it's a lot ... i hope it's not silver , but a gold cd !
Btw ... hard fans are hard fans and they pay for sure , but 48 bucks it seems to me a little bit too much .
I have this boot . It's cool , but not even for 48 bucks .
It gots only an unreleased song on it as far as i remember .
Yeeeppp

NE169
02-15-2004, 08:03 PM
I listened to it at a record store many years ago, and the sound quality leaves a lot to be desired--I didn't buy it for $20, and the mp3 I have works fine, thankyouverymuch!

Little Texan
03-01-2004, 01:21 AM
I wish there was a boot with the WACF demos that had normal volume and the right mixing. That unreleased instrumental track on there is awesome, but the sound is so muffled on it you can't really enjoy it. Would you believe that when I first got into VH bootlegs that I paid $30 on ebay for WACF Sessions, and a CD-R copy no less? Luckily the guy was honest and returned my money when I informed him that it wasn't original, but a copy, and let me keep the CD-R, too. I was scammed a couple of times by this one asshole...not separate times, but I bid on two boots at the same time and won both auctions. When I recieved the boots in the mail, they were both cheap CD-R copies, and I paid like $65 total for them both. I was pissed, and I e-mailed the prick, we got into a war of words, and I gave him some bad feedback. His excuse was that he never said they were original copies in the description, and said I should have asked for more details about the items before bidding, but the asshole sure as hell didn't say they were CD-R copies in the description, either. This was all before I got into VH boot trading, of course. I also paid $75 for "That's All Folks" brand new, and like $35 for the original silver of "Club Days", also before I knew about boot trading. Moral of the story is...don't buy boots on ebay, because you have no way of knowing what you're getting... there's alot of scam artists on there, and don't buy boots from a dealer, because they'll cost you an arm and a leg. If you want boots, get them from a trader.