PDA

View Full Version : New Anti Kerry / Pro Bush Ads

Sgt Schultz
09-23-2004, 10:29 AM
John Kerry Betrayed His Country Ad (http://swift3.he.net/~swift3/friends.wmv)
From the Swift Boat Vets

Transcript
"ANNOUNCER: Even before Jane Fonda went to Hanoi to meet with the enemy and mock America, John Kerry secretly met with enemy leaders in Paris, though we were still at war and Americans were being held in North Vietnamese prison camps. Then he returned and accused American troops of committing war crimes on a daily basis. Eventually Jane Fonda apologized for her activities but John Kerry refuses to. In a time of war, can America trust a man who betrayed his country? Swift Boat Veterans for Truth is responsible for the content of this advertisement."

John Kerry Windsurfing Ad (http://www.georgewbush.com/News/MultiMedia/VideoPlayer.aspx?ID=1039&T=5)

From The Bush Campaign

Transcript
"ANNOUNCER: In which direction would John Kerry lead? John Kerry voted for the Iraq war, opposed it, supported it, and now opposes it again. He bragged about voting for the $87 billion to support our troops, before he voted against it. He voted for education reform, and now opposes it. He claims he's against increasing Medicare premiums, but voted five times to do so. John Kerry: whichever way the wind blows. "

FORD
09-23-2004, 12:12 PM
Rhetoric vs Reality (http://mfile.akamai.com/8082/wmv/democratic1.download.akamai.com/8082/video/rvr2/rvr.asx)

Mission NOT accomplished (http://mfile.akamai.com/8082/wmv/democratic1.download.akamai.com/8082/video/missionnotaccomplished/missionnotaccomplished.asx)

The BCE's broken record (http://mfile.akamai.com/8082/rm/democratic1.download.akamai.com/8082/video/broken_record/broken_record.ram)

Stronger (http://mfile.akamai.com/8082/rm/democratic1.download.akamai.com/8082/video/stronger/stronger.ram)

Warham
09-23-2004, 02:47 PM
Yes, we all know Kerry wanted us to lose in Vietnam, and now wants America's ass handed to it in Iraq. Bad news for America, good news for Kerry.

ODShowtime
09-23-2004, 02:52 PM
I JUST saw that windsurfer ad and it looks like it's aimed at third graders. Should do a good job shoring up the faithful...

wraytw
09-23-2004, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by ODShowtime
I JUST saw that windsurfer ad and it looks like it's aimed at third graders. Should do a good job shoring up the faithful...

LOL. Hypocrisy at its best. :)

Condemn an ad you consider to be childish, yet make childish comments in the same post!

ODShowtime
09-23-2004, 03:09 PM
I thought that was one of my better, more concise posts actually. Have you seen the ad yet? It's fucking retarded.

wraytw
09-23-2004, 03:09 PM
Most of them are.

ODShowtime
09-23-2004, 03:10 PM
I'll give you one thing, you are quick.

Sgt Schultz
09-23-2004, 03:13 PM
It's tv. I don't know how many people actually base their votes on tv ads anyway. The Swift Boat ad though, i think is dead on.

ODShowtime
09-23-2004, 03:18 PM
If I was on your side, I'd love that ad. Personally I think it's a shame and a disgrace to all veterans.

FORD
09-23-2004, 03:20 PM
If I was on your side, I'd love that ad. Personally I think it's a shame and a disgrace to all veterans.

Pretty much sums up all the Swift Boat Liars For Bush ads.

Warham
09-23-2004, 03:55 PM
Kerry's been a shame and disgrace to veterans since '71.

Sgt Schultz
09-23-2004, 04:01 PM

Vietnam vets have been pissed at Kerry for a long time and for good reason. I remember my uncle talking about Kerry in the 80s as we sat and watched teh PBS history on the Vietnam War, which he thought was extremely biased.

ODShowtime
09-23-2004, 04:04 PM
I've seen quite a bit that backs up stories like Kerry's. Not matter how horrible it is to imagine American's doing things like that, I believe they did occur. If you're mad at him for telling the truth, so be it. But come out like that.

I think if I ever witnessed the true face of war, I'd be even more inclined to preclude it. Who knows, I might actually do something about it!

Warham
09-23-2004, 04:13 PM
OD, things like that did happen, but Kerry made it sound like it was a daily common occurrence, where vets like my father were out there shooting kids in the back, setting villages on fire, and raping women. My dad said it was ridiculous when I talked to him a few weeks ago about this. He served in the 101st Airborne Division.
That's why these vets are mad. If he would have said it was an isolated incident here or there, this wouldn't have happened.

ODShowtime
09-23-2004, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by Warham
OD, things like that did happen, but Kerry made it sound like it was a daily common occurrence, where vets like my father were out there shooting kids in the back, setting villages on fire, and raping women. My dad said it was ridiculous when I talked to him a few weeks ago about this. He served in the 101st Airborne Division.
That's why these vets are mad. If he would have said it was an isolated incident here or there, this wouldn't have happened.

I'm with you, but I think accusations like that are just hard to take. War is hard, coming back and discussing it is hard. Knowing your friends gave their lives for an unworthy cause is hard. It's all fucking hard to take, but it was the truth.

Kerry wasn't saying that everyone involved in that war committed war crimes. It just rubs vets the wrong way. People like your father, and please, I can't blame them, take it too hard on themselves. It's just a terrible fucking topic no matter what. But Kerry did what he KNEW he should do and spoke out against it.

My father was there too and he won't even talk about it.

It's just real easy now for repubs to go back and harp on it, which is why we hear some much about it.

He did what was right, and no amount of bullshitting will change that. Neither of our fathers should have been there at all. They should have been at home chilling and watching Led Zeppelin concerts. And all thoe gooks should have been eating dogs and cultivating rice and whatever the hell else they do with themselves.

Warham
09-23-2004, 04:27 PM
Know what else. Kerry made Vietnam into his reason that he should be elected. This wouldn't have been a big issue if Kerry would've ran on his Senate record instead of what he did for four months in 'Nam. This would have kept guys from having to go back into the past and recall unpleasant memories.

ODShowtime
09-23-2004, 04:32 PM
Know what else. Kerry made Vietnam into his reason that he should be elected. This wouldn't have been a big issue if Kerry would've ran on his Senate record instead of what he did for four months in 'Nam. This would have kept guys from having to go back into the past and recall unpleasant memories.

I hear this ALOT and I must admit it perplexes me. pubs say that they wouldn't have trashed Kerry's war record if he wouldn't have run on it so heavily. But I don't think he did, really.

And further, someone as intelligent as you appear to be should realize that Bush&Friends were gonna attack every little loose end of Kerry they could. That's an excuse that they only attack Kerry's Vietnam record because he's running on it. They would have let loose those dogs either way, in my opinion.

Warham
09-23-2004, 04:36 PM
Well, it happens in elections. Look what's happening between Joe Lockhart, Mary Mapes of CBS, and Bill Burkett. There's something underneath that all, too. Memogate still has questions unanswered, and to me the trail leads back to the bowels of the Kerry campaign.

The stupid thing is, they are attacking Bush's guard service when the public doesn't give a shit what these guys did thirty years ago. Bush's record was hashed twenty years ago, and rehashed four years ago, and it didn't affect him. Why re-rehash it now?

Of course, when Kerry is made out to be a hero of the war, then his '71 testimony shows him to appear to sell-out his fellow soldiers for a promising political career in the future...

In elections, let the shit fly!

Sgt Schultz
09-23-2004, 04:42 PM
No one denies there were atrocities committed by both sides during Vietnam - as is the case in every war.

Seems to me the biggest problem the Vets have with Kerry is that

a.) He made this testimony to the Senate while we were still fighting the war, and the Communists used it against our POWs - POWs who were willing to be tortured to NOT say what Kerry was saying.

Gen Giap wrote that it was things like Kerry's testimony that kept the NVA and VC fighting.

b.) He met with the North Vietnamese in 1971 - while he was still in the Naval Reserves.

Another thing

Bush has released all of his records and most importantly signed teh Form 180 release - Kerry has NOT signed the Form 180 release.

ODShowtime
09-23-2004, 04:47 PM
Bush has nothing to worry about since his operatives scrubbed his records years ago.

wraytw
09-23-2004, 05:00 PM
Bush has nothing to worry about since his operatives scrubbed his records years ago.

You're good at making unproven accusations. Hey, you could be the next FORD! :)

Warham
09-23-2004, 05:03 PM
I can't believe that you guys think that Bush is some kind of Svengali Criminal Mastermind like Dr. Doom from Marvel Comics! LMAO!

It cracks me up when FORD and the other guys use these BCE theories. I watched some documentary about Bush I. The guy had his ups and downs like any other polician. Fuckin' scolded by Richard Nixon when he was running the CIA. Does anybody think a true player would take shit like that?

I don't for a second believe they have some kind of extensive network of operatives circling the globe trying to undermine the American Way and the Kerry campaign. Kerry will self-destruct without any help from Bush.

This stuff cracks me up.

ODShowtime
09-23-2004, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by wraytw
You're good at making unproven accusations. Hey, you could be the next FORD! :)

I knew you'd have your little say on that one...

ODShowtime
09-23-2004, 05:09 PM
I can't believe that you guys think that Bush is some kind of Svengali Criminal Mastermind like Dr. Doom from Marvel Comics! LMAO!

It cracks me up when FORD and the other guys use these BCE theories. I watched some documentary about Bush I. The guy had his ups and downs like any other polician. Fuckin' scolded by Richard Nixon when he was running the CIA. Does anybody think a true player would take shit like that?

I don't for a second believe they have some kind of extensive network of operatives circling the globe trying to undermine the American Way and the Kerry campaign. Kerry will self-destruct without any help from Bush.

This stuff cracks me up.

GW is just the "pretty face" on the whole big machine. Judging by your post above, you think it's as ridiculous as I do that GW himself would actually be able to pull any sort in intrigue himself...

ODShowtime
09-23-2004, 05:10 PM
ewe schnap I got another vote. That along with my sniper designation confirms that I am getting addicted to this board for some reason. Thanks for helping with my studying fellas.

wraytw
09-23-2004, 05:13 PM
I knew you'd have your little say on that one...

Refreshing, isn't it? :D

Warham
09-23-2004, 05:18 PM
I don't think Bush is clever enough to be a criminal mastermind, no.

I do think that Bush is clever enough to be our president and commander in chief, partially because he picks the right underlings.

There's a difference between the two.

A criminal mastermind or svengali is always the most clever person in the chain, with his underlings not entirely in on the plan or just plain stupid. (ex: the Emperor from Star Wars, for those who just bought the DVD set. :)

The president can have several people who are actually more intelligent than he is, who are more specialized in critical areas such as defense and foreign policy (Reagan and Bush come to mind), but themselves are good in general sweeping decisions.

ODShowtime
09-23-2004, 05:37 PM
I don't think Bush is clever enough to be a criminal mastermind, no.

I do think that Bush is clever enough to be our president and commander in chief, partially because he picks the right underlings.

There's a difference between the two.

A criminal mastermind or svengali is always the most clever person in the chain, with his underlings not entirely in on the plan or just plain stupid. (ex: the Emperor from Star Wars, for those who just bought the DVD set. :)

The president can have several people who are actually more intelligent than he is, who are more specialized in critical areas such as defense and foreign policy (Reagan and Bush come to mind), but themselves are good in general sweeping decisions.

Exactly. And the President is supposed to pick people who are:

1. Intelligent and more importantly, more informed in certain areas than the president

2. have their interests aligned with the people of the U.S.

3. under his authority, not vice versa

Warham
09-23-2004, 05:49 PM
I think Bush did #1, #2 and #3.

DrMaddVibe
09-23-2004, 06:15 PM
I hear this ALOT and I must admit it perplexes me. pubs say that they wouldn't have trashed Kerry's war record if he wouldn't have run on it so heavily. But I don't think he did, really.

And further, someone as intelligent as you appear to be should realize that Bush&Friends were gonna attack every little loose end of Kerry they could. That's an excuse that they only attack Kerry's Vietnam record because he's running on it. They would have let loose those dogs either way, in my opinion.

Puh-Leeeze! Remember the "I'm reporting for duty" line? That assclown has to run on Vietnam because if it was about issues and his senate record he wouldn't have been able to beat Kucinich!

At his opening address as a candidate he pulls up in front of a Navy ship with the lone (still shell-shocked) swifty that he supposedly "saved"(read up on that one here....http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=40037)and appeared very "military".

The Swift Vets go back with John all the way to '71 when he started his pack of lies. It's amusing that Lurch's story keeps changing and evolving but the 250 other soldiers stories are the same. Lurch could file for slander and even libel IF they were lying. He's not and neither are they! That's why this is an issue, these guys are pissed that Lurch trashed what we were doing there and they don't want a Benedict Arnold in the White House.

Lou
09-23-2004, 07:13 PM
Has anyone heard that Bush radio ad where a guy with a Boston accent comes down on Kerry? It's pretty funny and he says the phrase "John Kerry and his liberal buddies in Washington" three times.

FORD
09-23-2004, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by DrMaddVibe
they don't want a Benedict Arnold in the White House.

So why did they vote for a third generation traitor like Bush Jr then. Hell, at least Benedict Arnold served his country before he turned on it. Junior can't even claim that much.

DrMaddVibe
09-23-2004, 08:02 PM
So did Lurch!

Turn on his country that is!

ODShowtime
09-23-2004, 09:26 PM
I can't believe you used 'svengali' twice. I wonder if it's in the spellchecker... nope.

FORD
09-23-2004, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by DrMaddVibe
So did Lurch!

Turn on his country that is!

Really? I wasn't aware of that. I mean, I'm not happy at all with his pro-PNAC voting record of the last 3 years or so, but that's not exactly traitorous. Unless he knew beforehand that they were lying, that is.

tobinentinc
09-23-2004, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by FORD
Really? I wasn't aware of that. I mean, I'm not happy at all with his pro-PNAC voting record of the last 3 years or so, but that's not exactly traitorous. Unless he knew beforehand that they were lying, that is.

What else has this man voted for in the senate?? I mean judging from his 20+ years in the Senate, he's done close to nothing.

Warham
09-24-2004, 04:48 PM
I can't believe you used 'svengali' twice. I wonder if it's in the spellchecker... nope.

LMAO! It was yesterdays 'Warham's Word of the Day!"