PDA

View Full Version : Valiant Anti-war Protesters Taunt Slain GI's Family

Sgt Schultz
09-23-2004, 11:06 AM
Behold, the caring and compassionate pacifist movement.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Anti-war Protesters Taunt Slain GI's Family

A candlelight vigil to commemorate the death of the 1,000 U.S. soldiers killed in Iraq turned ugly last week when anti-war protesters began heckling the family of a GI who was among those killed.

According to NBC's Dallas affiliate, one North Texas family - whose relative, Chad Drake, was killed outside Baghdad on Sept. 6 - were among the mourners at Dallas City Hall Plaza, at an event organized by the Dallas Peace Center.

Mom Told Son 'Died for Nothing'

A family friend told NBC's News 5 that at one point during the ceremony, several peaceniks began hurling verbal abuse toward Drake's family after they learned Drake had fought in the war.

The friend, who witnessed the abuse, said Drake's mother was "harassed and yelled at, booed and hissed, [and] told her son died for nothing."

Mrs. Drake reportedly left the event in tears. Afterward, Drake's sister told NBC News 5 that the family thought some of the crowd was blatantly hostile to those who had sacrificed their lives while serving their country.

Lon Burnam, director of the Dallas Peace Center, said the event was not intended to be an anti-war rally, but acknowledged that e-mail notifications of the vigil were sent to a broad audience that might have included a few militants.

After family friends complained in the media about the mistreatment of the Drake family, the Peace Center issued an apology.

"I want to be clear in issuing an apology to the mother of the recent victim of that war," Burnam said, "I can certainly understand why she would not feel comfortable in that particular venue with that particular group of people."

Original Story Below

Family Of Killed Soldier: Vigil Crowd Threatening

POSTED: 5:48 pm CDT September 9, 2004
UPDATED: 11:02 am CDT September 10, 2004

DALLAS -- A candlelight vigil took place Wednesday night to remember U.S. war dead in Iraq during the week of the 1,000th casualty. One North Texas family whose relative -- Chad Drake -- was killed outside Baghdad on Monday, was among the mourners at Dallas City Hall Plaza.

A family friend said the vigil turned abrasive toward the family members. The friend sent an e-mail message to NBC 5 News that described the alleged treatment some vigil attendees directed at the family.

The family friend's message alleges Drake's mother was "harassed and yelled at, booed and hissed, told her son died for nothing."

Drake's mother reportedly left the event in tears.

The family attended the vigil because they thought it was meant to honor U.S. casualties. The event was organized by the Dallas Peace Center, which opposes the war.

The Drake family says they were upset about the antiwar tenor of the assembled crowd. The director of the Dallas Peace Center said the event was not intended to be an antiwar rally, but said e-mail notifications of the vigil were sent to a broad audience. Because the venue is a public place, he said, a variety of people with various views on the war in Iraq attended.

He also said the event was planned to include political overtones, but the Drake family should have been informed.

The center, however, did issue an apology to the Drake family.

"I want to be clear in issuing an apology to the mother of the recent victim of that war," Lon Burnam, of the Dallas Peace Center, said. "I can certainly understand why she would not feel comfortable in that particular venue with that particular group of people."

Peace Center officials said they believe the Drake family left before the scheduled events started, and the family might not have seen the planned ceremony.

Drake's sister told NBC 5 News that the family thought some of the crowd was hostile, so the family departed the vigil.

FORD
09-23-2004, 11:26 AM
Can anybody verify that the Parlockkks were nowhere near the scene? Sounds like a Busheep setup to me. No Democrat or Liberal that I know would have done such a thing, as none of us blame the soldiers, and certainly not their families, for the stupid, wrong, and illegal decisions of the BCE.

FORD
09-23-2004, 11:38 AM
OK, now that the caffeine has kicked in, I remembered that these candlelight vigils were sponsored by MoveOn.org and were intended as a non-partisan, non-political event. Right wingers have been trying unsuccessfully to discredit MoveOn.org (even tagging them with a "Hitler" ad which they did not make and never aired) for months now, so it would not surprise me if some Parlockkk type of "agent provacateurs" were deployed to disrupt the events.

Seshmeister
09-23-2004, 12:26 PM
It's hard to know what would be worse.

Being told your son died for nothing or that they died to make some rich friends of the president richer...

John Ashcroft
09-23-2004, 12:34 PM
Well, either lie is equally destructive Sesh.

FORD
09-23-2004, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by John Ashcroft

Except neither is a lie:(

Mezro
09-23-2004, 01:20 PM
Any protester that makes fun of a GI dying deserves to have their hippie fucking mouth bashed in. I don't like hippies; they are like human fertilizer...only the stench is worse.

Mezro...constructive protest is fine but I hate those slacker fucks who start trouble, spout off about how they'd fix the world while being unable to hold down a job...fuck them all...

Big Train
09-23-2004, 01:29 PM
Man,

If were there when that was happening I would have lost it. It would be no talking, all swinging at that point. Fuck those losers. Those who disagree fine. But to be spineless like that makes me sick. I wouldn't piss on those people if they were on fire.

Ford ALWAYS ready with the convienent excuse and of course no facts. How you can defend these sorts of acts makes me wonder about you.

alsip
09-23-2004, 01:30 PM
Statement Attributed To Gen Tommy Franks To U.S. Marines:

"When you return to the U.S. following your call of duty, and you encounter an anti-war protester, just shake his hand politely, and smile at his girlfriend, as she will surely know she's dating a pussy."

FORD
09-23-2004, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by Big Train

Ford ALWAYS ready with the convienent excuse and of course no facts. How you can defend these sorts of acts makes me wonder about you.

I did no such thing.

Big Train
09-23-2004, 02:39 PM
Posted by Ford:

OK, now that the caffeine has kicked in, I remembered that these candlelight vigils were sponsored by MoveOn.org and were intended as a non-partisan, non-political event. Right wingers have been trying unsuccessfully to discredit MoveOn.org (even tagging them with a "Hitler" ad which they did not make and never aired) for months now, so it would not surprise me if some Parlockkk type of "agent provacateurs" were deployed to disrupt the events.

Uh, yea you did...

Big Train
09-23-2004, 02:39 PM
And if you didn't, then denounce it please..

FORD
09-23-2004, 02:50 PM
How is that "defending the acts"??

As that West Virginia sisterfucker Phil Parlockkk is proof of, there are GOP partisan operatives out there who will stop at nothing in order to slander the Democratic Party, and specifically the anti-war movement. What better form of slander then to create the illusion that war protestors would harrass a grieving family of a soldier murdered by the BCE.

Well, for those of you who saw Fahrenheit 9-11, remember that it wasn't liberals who harrassed the mother of a dead soldier in Washington DC, but a right wing extremist Freeper bitch, who - even when confronted with the truth - had no sympathy for the grieving mother, but instead spewed some propaganganda about 9-11.

Which didn't have one fucking thing to do with Iraq or why the woman's son died.

Show me proof that any liberals have done this, and I'll personally kick their ass.

Big Train
09-23-2004, 04:22 PM
Likewise..

Show me proof that any conservatives have done this, and I'll personally kick their ass.

By assuming it was BCE plants, your favorite, is to say the act didn't count because it was staged. Bullshit I say. The peace movement is now full of conservatives? C,mon now...

Warham
09-23-2004, 04:32 PM
Why is everything a BCE plant?

This sounds suprisingly like Vietnam, when the hippies would spit on the soldiers coming back in Airports, etc., blaming them where they should have blamed Kennedy and LBJ.

Seshmeister
09-23-2004, 04:59 PM
LOL!

Given that half the US population is Democrat and the other half is Republican do you people need to justify the actions of your whole 'gang' all the time?

Big Train
09-23-2004, 05:06 PM
Certainly not to an outsider sesh.....

FORD
09-23-2004, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by Warham
Why is everything a BCE plant?

This sounds suprisingly like Vietnam, when the hippies would spit on the soldiers coming back in Airports, etc., blaming them where they should have blamed Kennedy and LBJ.

And a lot of those so-called "hippies" were anything but. Do a search on the term "COINTEL PRO" if you aren't familiar with it already.

Phil Parlockkk and his kids aren't a rarity. This shit happens all the time, as it did in Seattle in 1999. The reason for the operations then, and in 1968, and now are all the same, as are the motives of those truly responsible. To discredit the opposition- war opponents, liberals, those opposed to "free" trade :rolleyes: or whatever.

Ask the average FAUX News sheeple about the WTO protests and what will they tell you?

Probably something about a masked idiot kicking in a Starfucks window with a $4 cup of coffee still in his hand. The thousands of peaceful protestors there having been completely erased from the media coverage, and therefore the public record.

Likewise the same objective is desired here. Rather than positive attention being focused on a nationwide network of candlelight vigils to remember 1,000 Americans who died needlessly - which might lead to serious questions about the people and policies who put them there in the first place, this staged "display" instead creates the false impression that the vigils are anti military in nature and that the families of such soldiers are not welcomed at these events.

Now any thinking person should be able to reason otherwise. Why would you call for a candlelight vigil for 1000 deaths of American soldiers if you didn't care about them, or believed they deserved their fate, or whatever?

But the whole purpose of a COINTEL PRO operation is to not leave the option of rational, critical thought - instead reinforcing the propaganda so often that it becomes "the truth", just as Hitler & Goebells said.

Warham
09-23-2004, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by FORD

Ask the average FAUX News sheeple about the WTO protests and what will they tell you?

Probably something about a masked idiot kicking in a Starfucks window with a $4 cup of coffee still in his hand. The thousands of peaceful protestors there having been completely erased from the media coverage, and therefore the public record.

You mean the recent protests? Nothing was erased from the public record. Network news like FOX can't erase anything. The internet and other ways to get information means that nobody has a monopoly on what is read or heard anymore.

Who began to crack open Memogate? The bloggers on the internet. If CBS had it's way, you'd have never heard the documents were fakes. Thank God this isn't 1979 anymore.

Wayne L.
09-23-2004, 06:20 PM
These crazy anti-war, anti-U.S. protesters on the far left should be put in jail for treason like Jane Fonda.

DLR'sCock
09-23-2004, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by John Ashcroft

And either truth is worse...

but those vigils, one was right here by me and was very peaceful, well those vigls were non-partisan and for the SOLDIERS who died(hell the living ones too)....so I seriously doubt this story, but it is "possible" it happened, and it is possible a GOP plant was there to discredit MoveOn...

DLR'sCock
09-23-2004, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by Wayne L.
These crazy anti-war, anti-U.S. protesters on the far left should be put in jail for treason like Jane Fonda.

Maybe the murderous foaming at the mouth far-right loving the killing of innocent civillians should be jailed for their true colors....

More than 20,000 innocent Iraqi civillians dead from this war, and 50% are 17 and under, that means GWB ordered the death of over 10,000 kids....and the death of over 1000 brave US soldiers....and everyone of you who support this atrocity killed them as well...

you are all responsible...

BigBadBrian
09-23-2004, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by DLR'sCock
Maybe the murderous foaming at the mouth far-right loving the killing of innocent civillians should be jailed for their true colors....

More than 20,000 innocent Iraqi civillians dead from this war, and 50% are 17 and under, that means GWB ordered the death of over 10,000 kids....and the death of over 1000 brave US soldiers....and everyone of you who support this atrocity killed them as well...

you are all responsible...

....and you....you're just too stupid not to know how. :gulp:

DLR'sCock
09-23-2004, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by BigBadBrian
....and you....you're just too stupid not to know how. :gulp:

As it is commonly understood in the civilized modern world, if BiggieBaddieBOYBOYBrian is attempting to insult you or disagrees with you, then you are doing something right...

Cheers! ;)

FORD
09-23-2004, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by Wayne L.

Come here and "arrest" me then motherfucker. I can promise you that a size 15 right up your ass will cure that foot fetish problem.

BigBadBrian
09-23-2004, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by DLR'sCock
As it is commonly understood in the civilized modern world, if BiggieBaddieBOYBOYBrian is attempting to insult you or disagrees with you, then you are doing something right...

Cheers! ;)

Cock still comes to this board for his daily verbal ass whipping from the MASTERS.......BBB, JA, Elvis, Viking, et al. :D :gulp:

BigBadBrian
09-23-2004, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by FORD
Come here and "arrest" me then motherfucker. I can promise you that a size 15 right up your ass will cure that foot fetish problem.

Bad day at work, Dave? Boss actually give you something to do? :confused:

FORD
09-23-2004, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by BigBadBrian
Bad day at work, Dave? Boss actually give you something to do? :confused:

No, I just don't care much for babbling idiots like KatyWayneKennydoodle threatening my freedom of speech.