PDA

View Full Version : Kerry Snubs Allawi

Sgt Schultz
09-23-2004, 03:28 PM
Sgt. Schultz hereby makes his prediction.
This development makes the election a done deal - Bush will win for sure. Kerry has lost it and has gone off the deep end of left wing kookery. All he needs to do is let out a DeanScream.

++++++++++++++++++++++++
Iraqi interim prime minister Ayad Allawi declared Thursday that his country is moving successfully past the war that ousted Saddam Hussein and vowed that elections will take place next year as scheduled.

"Elections will occur in Iraq on time in January because Iraqis want elections on time," Allawi told a joint meeting of Congress.

"We could hold elections tomorrow" in 15 of 18 provinces, he said, even though terror operatives hope to disrupt them.

"The insurgency in Iraq is destructive but small, and it has not and will never resonate with the Iraqi people," Allawi said.

He cautioned, however, that the election may not come off perfectly. But he assured it will be free and fair, "a giant step" in Iraq's political evolution.

Allawi's speech before Congress - one of his first to a wider audience than those in Iraq - was punctuated by warm applause and standing ovations. Allawi joined in the applause and smiled broadly as he mingled among the lawmakers afterward.

John Kerry's Reaction
``The prime minister and the president are here obviously to put their best face on the policy, but the fact is that the CIA estimates, the reporting, the ground operations and the troops all tell a different story,'' Kerry said.

Allawi told a joint meeting of Congress that democratic elections will take place in Iraq in January as scheduled, but Kerry said that was unrealistic.

``The United States and the Iraqis have retreated from whole areas of Iraq,'' Kerry told reporters outside a Columbus firehouse. ``There are no-go zones in Iraq today. You can't hold an election in a no-go zone.''

Kerry's remarks come one day after he told The Associated Press that President Bush's statement that a ``handful'' of people are willing to kill to stop progress in Iraq was a blunder that showed he was avoiding reality.

``George Bush let Osama bin Laden escape at Tora Bora,'' Kerry said in a brief interview Wednesday. ``George Bush retreated from Fallujah and other communities in Iraq which are now overrun with terrorists and threaten our troops. And George Bush said on the record we can't win the war on terror.

``And even today, he blundered again saying there are only a handful of terrorists in Iraq,'' Kerry said. ``I think he's living in a make believe world.''

``I don't think he's providing the leadership we need,'' Kerry said. ``I will do a better job of dealing with Iraq and winning the war and fighting the war on terror, period.''
+++++++++++++++++++++==

What an asshole. THis is definately who we want as Commander in Chief. Yikes.

FORD
09-23-2004, 03:34 PM
Allawi is a BCE puppet. As Hamid Karzai was and is.

Warham
09-23-2004, 03:53 PM
Kerry wants us to lose in Iraq. It helps his campaign.

knuckleboner
09-23-2004, 04:18 PM
chicken and egg.

you assume he's hoping for a loss, because it'll help him.

but is it at all possible that he sees a loss coming (or at least not a clear-cut win) and wishes to try and change that?

i mean, john mccain is voting for president bush. definitely. but he doesn't feel overly strong about iraq, either. does he want us to lose?

Warham
09-23-2004, 04:25 PM
No, McCain wants to win...that's why he's voting for Bush and not Kerry.

freak
09-23-2004, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by Sgt Schultz
What an asshole. THis is definately who we want as Commander in Chief. Yikes.

I don't think you need to worry about that. He's toast.
The only chance he has is via lawsuits and hanging chads.

ODShowtime
09-23-2004, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by Warham

It's very easy to be in your position, but you know it's not as black and white as that. Not at all.

Warham
09-23-2004, 05:04 PM
Hey, its the truth. If tomorrow there was peace and prosperity in Iraq, Bush would win in a landslide.

If the bodybags keep coming back, votes go to Kerry.

knuckleboner
09-23-2004, 05:08 PM
No, McCain wants to win...that's why he's voting for Bush and not Kerry.

but he's criticizing the iraqi war so far, right? what's the difference between constructive and negative criticism? party affiliation?

and...did reagan want the economy to remain bad so that he could beat carter?

ODShowtime
09-23-2004, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by knuckleboner
but he's criticizing the iraqi war so far, right? what's the difference between constructive and negative criticism? party affiliation?

excellent (like Monty Burns)

Warham
09-23-2004, 05:27 PM
Kerry has nothing constructive to offer as far as Iraq. He wants us to go to the UN (ie. France and Germany) for support. Once the UN troops get in there, it's time to get ours out.

That's not a plan.

He has something to personally gain by his 'criticism' of the war. Damn straight he's going to criticise it, even if he secretly agrees with it.

DrMaddVibe
09-23-2004, 05:57 PM
Dean scream, Dean scream, Dean scream...c'mon chant along...Dean scream, Dean scream, Dean scream.....

Wayne L.
09-23-2004, 06:17 PM
John Kerry just shot himself in the foot with his far left liberal rhetoric after the speech by Iraqi interim prime minister ruining any chances of possibly defeating George W. Bush in November but did anybody actually think he would win anyway.

John Ashcroft
09-23-2004, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by knuckleboner

Come on KB, we all know better. You're certainly smarter than to believe what you're saying, and that leaves the "devil's advocate" angle as the only possible route you're taking.

Kerry's toast. He will say anything, to any group, if he thinks it'll help his chances this November. He's proven such to be true.

About McCain... I don't know what this love fest with John McCain is all about. He's no conservative, and in fact, I'm not sure why he even calls himself a Republican. I really have issues with McCain. He seems like a decent enough fellow, but damn what an opportunist! He's the media's #1 turncoat Republican, and I think the limelight has affected his better judgement. And he's just lapping up the attention. I can tell you with conviction, if McCain ran for President, I'd have a very tough time voting for him. I respect him infinitely for his service to this country as a Vet. But I think he's become an animal of politics. He apparently lives off of attention. It's kinda sad really.

tobinentinc
09-23-2004, 10:37 PM

Kerry wants to turn it into another vietnam, he saw how it worked then, and is trying to do it now.

knuckleboner
09-24-2004, 12:35 AM
Originally posted by John Ashcroft
and that leaves the "devil's advocate" angle as the only possible route you're taking.

;)

i'm definitely not a fan of bush. but i'm not really a fan of kerry either. he has yet to inspire me. and yes, i think he's generally an opportunist.

i've been against the war from the getgo. but i realize that once in, we just can't pack up and leave. i DO agree with getting more international peacekeepers there. but that still doesn't leave us with a complete exit strategy.

to me, it's not that kerry wants us to lose in iraq that's uninspiring. it's his overall lack of vision. he DOES want us to win in iraq, ultimately, i think. he just hasn't been consistent on how or what we should be doing (or not doing) there.

as for mccain...yeah, i think he definitely likes the spotlight. still, though...if he was really going for #1, the question is, does he go for VP in 2004? he'd have had kerry's VP in a heartbeat. and that makes a likely 2012 run, if he's still around.

but, then again, maybe he'd rather have the shot in 2008. who knows?

ultimately, though, i don't think kerry wants us to lose in iraq. just like i don't think reagan wanted the economy to tank in 1980.

John Ashcroft
09-24-2004, 01:16 PM
I'm not so sure. I mean, he's doing exactly what he did following Vietnam.

Even his staff have gone on the record saying "It took 10 years to turn public opinion against Vietnam, John Kerry has just 50 days to turn it against Iraq"...

Now, does that sound like he's got the country's interest in mind or his own?

knuckleboner
09-24-2004, 01:23 PM
depends...

if he really thinks that being in iraq is wrong and the longer we're there, we're just getting more of our soldiers killed...then maybe getting out ASAP is in our best interests.

personally, though, i agree, turning opinion against current iraqi operations isn't as productive.

in the campaign, you DO need to go against the decision to go to war. (at least, i would. after all, i've been consistent with that since well before march 2003 ;))

and, you CAN go against how we're currently operating there. but unless you feel that immediate and complete pullout is the right answer, it doesn't do much good to turn the tide against currently being in iraq, in general.

and obviously, i'm not in favor of a complete, immediate pullout.

and i don't think kerry is, either. so, i await to see if he's trying to turn opinion against the decision to go to war, or against the current prosecution of it.

Warham
09-24-2004, 04:54 PM
I like how Kerry, the waffler, is saying that the Iraqi Prime Minister is waffling on his own comments. How dare Lurch accuse him of doing that!!

ODShowtime
09-24-2004, 05:57 PM
I think Bush is gambling a lot of political capital pimping Iyad around to Congress and the UN and shit. What if he turns out to be a butcher? What if he gets wasted next week? It woulnd't be the first time Bush has not exercise sufficient forethought.

Sgt Schultz
09-24-2004, 06:50 PM
Bush has come to MY hometown today and made the point that I was making - that Kerry, who is talking endlessly about how he'll win over our allies, totally snubbed and badmouthed Allawi - and this, in my opinion is the nail in the coffin of his candidacy. I mean, it's just plain STUPID on his part.

ODShowtime
09-24-2004, 08:02 PM
You make a good point. Kerry must have a completely different plan. What is it though?

Also, when you say snubbed, was Kerry even in the area, is it even possible for him to go and acknowledge allawi?

ODShowtime
09-24-2004, 08:05 PM
further analysis: GW is kinda trapped here. He's allowing the rebellion strongholds to grow in power because he has to forestall the violence until after re-election. So Kerry argueing that Bush has let it happen is funny.