PDA

View Full Version : The hostage situation

singerman
09-23-2004, 05:14 PM
what do you all think about the british hostage about to be killed in iraq?....its really sad that things couldnt be done to save the americans.....but do we release the female iraq prisoners as requested by kidnappers to save the only surviour?...i would have hated to be mr blair on the phone to his family....telling them that the british government has chosen to ignore the demands of the terrorists...thus condeming him to death.....life is really fucked up

BigBadBrian
09-23-2004, 07:45 PM
It doesn't look good for this Bigley fellow now that the two Americans have been killed. I hope they let him go though. :)

DrMaddVibe
09-24-2004, 07:13 AM
I wish we'd arclight the place to rubble!

Somebody please use parts of Iraq to test bombs on.

knuckleboner
09-24-2004, 10:22 AM
no. we shouldn't release the prisoners based on terrorists.

i, too, hope for the best for this guy (and for the 2 italian women. and the egyptian engineers. and for the next couple of people, whoever they may be.)

but bowing to the terrorists may save 1 or 2 (like the philipines truck drivers) but it only encourages more hostage taking. if we're going to be there, regardless, then no captiulating.

ODShowtime
09-24-2004, 10:39 AM
It just shows how desperate some of these people are. This is their only lever. Of course they should realize they have no say in politics aside from getting a chance to cast a ballot in January. It's so fucking cocky to be a terrorist. Fuck them.

Sgt Schultz
09-24-2004, 10:48 AM
It's yet another example of who we are dealing with and why they need to be destroyed - Islamofascist Cowards.

remember too - this is not a warr against terrorism (there are lots of terrorist groups out there that we are not fighting) - this is a war against Radical Islam.

ODShowtime
09-24-2004, 10:49 AM
that hyperactive MM is starting to bug me out man

FORD
09-24-2004, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by Sgt Schultz
It's yet another example of who we are dealing with and why they need to be destroyed - Islamofascist Cowards.

remember too - this is not a warr against terrorism (there are lots of terrorist groups out there that we are not fighting) - this is a war against Radical Islam.

Then that makes Junior a liar (which is hardly surprising)

Ally_Kat
09-24-2004, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by knuckleboner
no. we shouldn't release the prisoners based on terrorists.

i, too, hope for the best for this guy (and for the 2 italian women. and the egyptian engineers. and for the next couple of people, whoever they may be.)

but bowing to the terrorists may save 1 or 2 (like the philipines truck drivers) but it only encourages more hostage taking. if we're going to be there, regardless, then no captiulating.

Hey frets5150, you reading this?

jhale667
09-24-2004, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by Sgt Schultz

Wow, we actually agree on something. These guys are SCUM. ALL they CAN do is kidnap innocents. Fucking Cowards. It's unfortunate (and despicable) that innocent people are being killed, but you can't give in to their demands or you justify their means...Radical Islam must be exterminated, excised like the cancer it is. Same as radical Christian fundamentalism. I also agree with FORD's statement about understanding why people become atheists when there are so many nut-jobs doing F*ed up shit in the name of their god.

Mezro
09-24-2004, 02:49 PM
All civilians in the region need to arm themselves. If a group of idiots try to abduct you shoot or resist!

Mezro...better to be shot than chopped...

John Ashcroft
09-24-2004, 03:11 PM
Absolutely. That's partially why I'm a big 2nd Ammendment proponent here in the States.

And KB, showing your voice of reason again. Cool. You do realize that's a large part of the reason we even went into Iraq...

Mezro
09-24-2004, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by John Ashcroft
Absolutely. That's partially why I'm a big 2nd Ammendment proponent here in the States.

Law abiding citizens should always have the right to arm themselves.

Mezro...me...I like to carry an electric cattle prod and a cap gun...

knuckleboner
09-25-2004, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by John Ashcroft
You do realize that's a large part of the reason we even went into Iraq...

well...yes...i realize that national security was the main reason. though, i still disagree that it was necessary at the time. was there some level of threat there at the time? sure. enough to warrant a preemptive strike? hmm...i'm not so sure of that...