PDA

View Full Version : Your History

Sweet Irony
09-23-2004, 06:48 PM
When and where did you first stumble on the VH messageboard world?

The PD? Links?

The ARMY???

How did you get here, and WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN???

:D

;)

guwapo_rocker
09-23-2004, 06:51 PM
The Army was my first board and I have been loyal to this site.

I post about once a month at the links just to get some Roth on their

and get their knickers in knots.

Was a fan of the VHND until it turned into a piece of crap.

David Van Via
09-23-2004, 08:10 PM
The only VH board I'm a member of is the Roth Army. It's been good to me and is full of lovely people.

I got here through typing in David Lee Roth on google and thought "the Roth Army sounds great". Turned out I was right.

FORD
09-23-2004, 08:11 PM
The WB board & Slawterhhouse 1.0 (Which looked just like the WB board)

Summer 1996 :cool:

Brought down the WB board when it became a propaganda outlet for VDIII, Stuck with Slawterhouse until the flourescent orange colors gave me a migraine.

Church of Cherone - An original member of the "congregation" even credited in the WebPastors' "thank you" sections, despite not being a Gary fan.

FORD Country - Launched my own site in the summer of 1999 driven with the hopes of a Van HALEN reunion - even though the Van Danniels lineup had not yet split up at that point. FORD Country was the place to be for a while - until the UBB generation of boards took over :(

VH Links - Birthplace of the Mighty EUAS. Credit where it's due - Brett had the best board around at the time of this debut. Certainly blew my pukey chatboard software away :(

Banned for hating the Lakers and speaking truth to sheep in 2003.

DLR Army - Moved over in the mighty EUAS migration and as long as the board's been functioning, I've been here :cool:

Brad $tark$' Pasture Dump: Banned 4 times for preaching truth to the wooly flock - And laughed my ass off as the board disintegrated without my presence :D

Von's Diamond Dave forums - Great home for all the Army exiles during that dark time, and still a damned fine board to this day, though I don't get there as much as I used to (election year demands I spend more time on political boards ya know.)

OK, there's the short version....

David Van Via
09-23-2004, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by FORD
The WB board & Slawterhhouse 1.0 (Which looked just like the WB board)

Summer 1996 :cool:

Brought down the WB board when it became a propaganda outlet for VDIII, Stuck with Slawterhouse until the flourescent orange colors gave me a migraine.

Church of Cherone - An original member of the "congregation" even credited in the WebPastors' "thank you" sections, despite not being a Gary fan.

FORD Country - Launched my own site in the summer of 1999 driven with the hopes of a Van HALEN reunion - even though the Van Danniels lineup had not yet split up at that point. FORD Country was the place to be for a while - until the UBB generation of boards took over :(

VH Links - Birthplace of the Mighty EUAS. Credit where it's due - Brett had the best board around at the time of this debut. Certainly blew my pukey chatboard software away :(

Banned for hating the Lakers and speaking truth to sheep in 2003.

DLR Army - Moved over in the mighty EUAS migration and as long as the board's been functioning, I've been here :cool:

Brad $tark$' Pasture Dump: Banned 4 times for preaching truth to the wooly flock - And laughed my ass off as the board disintegrated without my presence :D

Von's Diamond Dave forums - Great home for all the Army exiles during that dark time, and still a damned fine board to this day, though I don't get there as much as I used to (election year demands I spend more time on political boards ya know.)

OK, there's the short version....

You've been around a bit haven't you sir! :D

Susie Q
09-23-2004, 08:32 PM
I was sitting up at 3am one night and said to myself..."hmm....I wonder what David Lee Roth is up to." Put in David Lee Roth and it put me over to the Slaughter house. I didn't see much that I liked there, but it had a link to here. I got on board and saw WARF posting, hitch™, Pojo, and a few others. Put in a post that said something about Lighting a freakin' candle when Roth came back in '96 only to be blown back out when the brothers did the dirty.

I believe I was the first chick that posted with any substance (I think there was one girl who posted a couple of times....), then YankeeRose followed me, and so on... It was good to get some girls posting on here. :)

Then when requested by hitch one day, I went over to the PD to say something on his behalf. Posted there about 20 times or so.

Then I also have been over to VH Freaks place www.classicvanhalen.com. Recently I joined over to Chelle's place have a handful of posts there too. :)

P.S. That Splooging Hamster is hilarious! ;)

diamondsgirl
09-23-2004, 08:48 PM
Over four years ago, I signed on at Slawterhouse and the Army. Then, I went to the Links and hung out there for years. Met some very cool people over there and had a great time. Once this reunion was announced and the place became infested with overly exuberent Sam fans, I went to DDLR and then came back here too. Still go to both sites. Its cool seeing many Roth fans that I knew from the Links here and at DDLR. :cool:

Big Troubles
09-23-2004, 08:52 PM
slawterhouse
army

GAR
09-23-2004, 08:53 PM
Hi, I'm new here! :)

Susie Q
09-23-2004, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by GAR
Hi, I'm new here! :)

I don't know what it is about you. It's kinda like I just wanna lick the side of your face. That's the urge I have right now. HAHAHA!!!
Nothing sexual, not in a bad way.... Just an odd thing.

Analyze that, can ya?:confused: :o

Sweet Irony
09-23-2004, 09:01 PM
You know what? This is INTERESTING!

Thank you guys, for your posts...this is VH board HISTORY as only a certain few can write it!! :D

BTW--I was sitting here with the kid, looking for VH ANYTHING and found the PD....back in....? whenever....a long time ago....
Connected to the Army via Panamark and havent looked back....funny how a toddlers obsession becomes a way of life for me....

And to think I talked to Dave and touched his thighs last year just because of THAT innocent beginning! lol!

GAR
09-23-2004, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by Susie Q
Analyze that, can ya?:confused: :o

In the Freudian sense, I'd say it means in the mood for stimulation.

I do have a few coloring books.. as do you I suppose.

So lets' do you? :cool:

Susie Q
09-23-2004, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by GAR
In the Freudian sense, I'd say it means in the mood for stimulation.

I do have a few coloring books.. as do you I suppose.

So lets' do you? :cool:

You got crayons?

freak
09-23-2004, 09:10 PM
I lurked through the Pleasure Dome a few times but never posted.

The next three or four years were a blur

Then, out of boredom, I posted at DDLR.COM

Then, I started posting here after some unnamed psycho female started a bunch of crap there and filled it up with worthless, petty nonsense.

Recently started posting at tormentedvhfans. I'm probably going to be banned, though. I mean, another guy got thrown out just for discussing cheese and here I am talking to a jizz-filled hamster.

Anyway...That's my story.

GAR
09-23-2004, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by freak
The next three or four years were a blur. Then, I ..started posting at tormentedvhfans. I'm probably going to be banned, though. I mean, another guy got thrown out just for discussing cheese and here I am talking to a jizz-filled hamster.
Anyway...That's my story.

..aaaaaaand the CLASSIC quotables, they just keep on a'flowin in!

horty07
09-23-2004, 09:26 PM
I did a search for Dave and ended up on DLRND, I just commited it to memory and checked back every so often; and once the site was updated I was back on a regular basis.

Cathedral
09-23-2004, 09:56 PM
Got my first pc in '98, never heard of a message board until I found Van Halen.com and browsed the message board thinking there would be a scoop there on VH.
Actually, I though message boards were the stupidest invention ever, lol.

Anyway, I registered as Drack at the Pasture Dump and just browsed for a little while until one day i created my first post, and nobody responded, lol.

I vanished for a while and then tried coming back one day only to find that my password didn't work, so i re-registered as Cathedral, posted again, added some graphics and people replied, lol.
I later re-registered as Dracko, and posted morbid shit to get a rise out of people...Anyone remember a dude posting caskets? that was me, lmmfao.

Then i drifted over to the Links, registered, but couldn't deal with all the Pro-Spammy crap and lost interest, and remained at the PD until it got to be a pain watching the Karma crap go on.

Just before i left there, Sweet Irony talked me into coming here, but i admit, it was a little intimidating so i approached with caution, lol.
I soon learned that it was my element and i could just be me, so i was hooked, still am.

Then VHFreak started ClassicVanHalen.com and i went there, he offered me a mod job and i took it.
Freak's site and the DLRarmy were my homes.

Then when the army went down Von Halen started his place and that became home away from home. until some shit went down and i felt very unwelcome there.

I signed up at Chelle's site and at this point I only visit here, Freak's, Von's and Chelle's.

It's been fun, made a lot of friends, made a few enemies, did some cybering and became fond of a couple of females, etc...

It's hard to believe that almost 5 years have past, and i'm still here.
But i'll tell ya, none of these sites would be shit if it weren't for the cool members that i have come to know, love, and respect.

It's you all that keeps me coming back, can't imagine finding any better company to waste time with while staying out of the bars at night drinking myself into a stuper, lmmfao.

Roth On!

Susie Q
09-23-2004, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by Cathedral
Got my first pc in '98, never heard of a message board until I found Van Halen.com and browsed the message board thinking there would be a scoop there on VH.
Actually, I though message boards were the stupidest invention ever, lol.

Anyway, I registered as Drack at the Pasture Dump and just browsed for a little while until one day i created my first post, and nobody responded, lol.

I vanished for a while and then tried coming back one day only to find that my password didn't work, so i re-registered as Cathedral, posted again, added some graphics and people replied, lol.
I later re-registered as Dracko, and posted morbid shit to get a rise out of people...Anyone remember a dude posting caskets? that was me, lmmfao.

Then i drifted over to the Links, registered, but couldn't deal with all the Pro-Spammy crap and lost interest, and remained at the PD until it got to be a pain watching the Karma crap go on.

Just before i left there, Sweet Irony talked me into coming here, but i admit, it was a little intimidating so i approached with caution, lol.
I soon learned that it was my element and i could just be me, so i was hooked, still am.

Then VHFreak started ClassicVanHalen.com and i went there, he offered me a mod job and i took it.
Freak's site and the DLRarmy were my homes.

Then when the army went down Von Halen started his place and that became home away from home. until some shit went down and i felt very unwelcome there.

I signed up at Chelle's site and at this point I only visit here, Freak's, Von's and Chelle's.

It's been fun, made a lot of friends, made a few enemies, did some cybering and became fond of a couple of females, etc...

It's hard to believe that almost 5 years have past, and i'm still here.
But i'll tell ya, none of these sites would be shit if it weren't for the cool members that i have come to know, love, and respect.

It's you all that keeps me coming back, can't imagine finding any better company to waste time with while staying out of the bars at night drinking myself into a stuper, lmmfao.

Roth On!

Awwww Cat :)

~hugs~

What a nice post. :)

diamondsgirl
09-23-2004, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by Sweet Irony
You know what? This is INTERESTING!

It is. Great idea for a thread. :)

Good to see you around SI...we met some moons ago.:)

rustoffa
09-23-2004, 10:52 PM
A friend told me to check out the audio exerpt from "Crazy from the heat" on the old Slawterhouse sight awhile back.

I musta played that thing 20-something times over the course of some weeks.

Back then, I was getting my ass kicked on a daily basis on the fark and aintitcool chatrooms.....cloning on IRC was all the rage and bizarre Roman Polanski rants would piss motherfuckers off to no end. I would still occasionally listen to Dave talkin' about smokin' joints that big one day but had no clue what a message board entailed. A friend of mine that runs a fishing charter showed be this message board one night and was just ranting about these lying motherfuckers out of St. Augustine and showed me some of it, but I couldn't have given a fuck less and told him to buy a new Hatteras and get over it.

I guess I found the original Army site awhile later, just before it went down....all I did was send postcards to people from the picture section.....still no idea about message boards.

Before the DLR show at music midtown some years back, I noticed that the wall was the only thing on the army site, and someone posted something about the people at DDLR hosting some live clips or something.

I registered over there, got ripped apart by ELVIS, made fun of by Lesfunk, then posted a bunch of pictures of my wife in a lingerie photo shoot in one of the doctor's threads. The "cuntroversy" started and sammycalderone was a paragon of virtue while I was still getting my ass kicked. Flappospammo dropped repeated nuclear bombs on certain people...just fucking brutal.

I had never fucked around with Napster or downloaded any music at that point and just painstakingly figured out Mr. Walker and Cato's downloads. I can't say enough about these guys dedication and knowledge.

So time goes by and the Army comes back. I started posting over here and that's it.

GAR
09-23-2004, 11:42 PM
I wonder if Cato even has a job?

Rikk
09-24-2004, 12:11 AM
Once subscribed to the VH Mailing List around '96 after the whole reunion debacle occurred.

Joined the Links in early 2000. I enjoyed it there for many years, although I found myself slugging it out with the Ched Heads time and time again. But there were (and still are) many good people there, and I got along with Brett. I did, however, have a big falling-out with him a couple of years ago, maybe less. I can't remember. Basically, it was about a giant war I was having with one of the Ched Heads (and a previous poster at this site) who shall remain nameless but is a rather disgusting individual (and NO, it's not FAB). I left the Links after screaming at Brett...but I was never banned. And a year later, I started posting again and Brett warmly welcomed me back. But I just couldn't stay interested...not his fault at all. I just couldn't take the daily wrestling with Hagar fans. The big turning point for me was seeing a thread in Main titled "Fair Warning - Overrated". I knew I couldn't take it anymore and came here (although I registered for the new Army when it first opened). I've been posting here regularly for a while now, and I love it. Lots of old friends from the Links here, though I also pop by the Links time to time because there are a ton of great posters there still.

Oh, I also was a member of Chelle's site a few days ago...and I probably had the shortest tenure in forum history as the wise and loving Hagar-fan AIR. AIR was indeed brilliant, talking about how Roth is washed-up, FAIR WARNING is...snicker...over-rated and Sammy Hagar is more popular than Mick Jagger. I guess I was just getting some aggression out. I can't believe AIR was banned, because he and SPLOOGE were probably the two best posters in VH online history.

Love this place! Sure is addictive.

DeadOrAlive
09-24-2004, 12:27 AM
SWEET IRONY! You're finally back!

tjvhou812
09-24-2004, 12:27 AM
i would spray paint message's on the side of 95, and other vh fans would paint back, then i found this place

Matt White
09-24-2004, 01:59 AM
Used to roam SLAWTERHOUE AND VHND for info. Found this place. Ain't leavin'.

DAVE OR THE GRAVE BABY!!!!

Brett
09-24-2004, 02:26 AM
Wow FORD surprised I got a nice comment from ya. And you were not banned for hating the Lakers....nut. ROFL!

Panamark
09-24-2004, 08:28 AM
Ive posted at

PD
Links
DDLR.com
Hitchworld

and of course the Army !!

I only post here these days.

Banned, all of the above, except DDLR.com and hitchworld.
Not necessarily as Panamark :)

Rikk
09-24-2004, 11:23 AM
Who were you at the Links, Mark?

Brett
09-24-2004, 12:21 PM
He'll never admit to it.

Warham
09-24-2004, 04:31 PM
I got my first real computer on Sept. 9, 1997. That's the first day I was on the internet on my own account. Before that, I had used my parents AOL from time to time, but was never that hooked.

At first, I lurked over at Slawterhouse and the Lounge, and joined the Roth mailing list. Then in '98, I decided to start my own site dedicated to Classic Van Halen and Dave, brilliantly dubbed the 'Classic Van Halen-David Lee Roth Tribute'. I did that for about two years, and eventually got sick of running it, because I assumed Dave and VH would never get back together. Before that, I had joined the Links, my first message board, where I was one of the first posters, and their first moderator (which I forgot about, and Brett reminded me a few days ago).

Then after about a few weeks, I fuckin' disappeared from the online Van Halen community, online to lurk from time to time. Then about December of last year, the bug hit, and I started posting here. I like everybody here (well, except for one cunt that shall remain nameless), and perhaps I might start up another website someday, but there seems to be a deluge of them now. When I had mine, there was only a few, the Army, FORD's, Blair's DLRND, and Fisher's VHND.

smaz
09-24-2004, 05:11 PM
A year or so ago, my friend told me he had found this site. At school, I browsed the boards every now and again, then signed up. took a peek over at the links, but the web design made me want to puke. And then the posts.......... Only went there once for about 5 minutes, never been back. Went to tormented VH fans thingy, but as much to talk about as here. That's all for me. Don't need any other place to go.

Brett
09-24-2004, 05:34 PM
Web design made you want to puke? How dare you sir! :mad:

smaz
09-24-2004, 05:41 PM
Alright I took a 10 second look just now and it's changed since I last saw it, it looks better. But all the bollocks at the top isn't good. Sarge has got everything here spot on :)

Brett
09-24-2004, 05:48 PM
LOL, "bullocks at the top?" Cool gotcha I'll take note of that.

Mezro
09-24-2004, 06:19 PM
Slawterhouse and VHND

DLRML (David Lee Roth Mailing List)

Wrote for Hardknockz.com (for a little while)

Mezro...and here I am...

Sweet Irony
09-24-2004, 09:18 PM
Mezro! My friend....!

Glad whatever took you THERE brought you HERE!

I forgot to mention VHFreaks place...which I like very much---a great place, and of course Vaughns awesome contribution.....a great site and I like that guy soooo much....even if hes mad at me...;)

Panamark
09-25-2004, 07:06 AM
Originally posted by Rikk
Who were you at the Links, Mark?

Brett is right ! (I'll never openly admit my aliases there)

Anyways, he seems to do a good enough job of
keeping me alive, even when Im not there :p

(So Ive been told)

Onya Brenty Brents !! :D

Coyote
09-25-2004, 12:03 PM
Started out at the "Pasture Dump" (almost turned into sheep too), got saved by a thread that plugged the Army. Joined, was on until the downtime. During the downtime I frequented at DDLR.com. After the Army came back, I've been hangin' out at both boards.

Switch84
09-25-2004, 01:11 PM
:) My first site was here, the ARMY! Sarge was MIA, and Yerr Dedd Granny Fannie, AJ, Terry, and Katydid were running things, then I bailed. I did a Yahoo search and got DDLR.com and pretty much stayed there awhile, then the Army got back right, now I post at both DDLR and here.

I've lurked at the VHlinks, didn't dig the Spammy love, snatched pics from Classic Van Halen.com, and briefly surfed David Lee Roth online. com. I've also checked out Davy Baby's official site, but it's pretty shitty (Sorry Dave!)

I bought alot of my vintage Dave posters, his book, "1984" concert program, and other VH/Dave shit from vanhalenstore.com.

That's about it. LOL! I never surfed the official Van Halen site!

lms2
09-25-2004, 01:54 PM
Just here. I guess I have made appearances at some of the other sites... one link I found in Don's thread, a time or two at the links.

There's no place like home. :D

Mezro
09-25-2004, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by Sweet Irony
Mezro! My friend....!

Glad whatever took you THERE brought you HERE!

I forgot to mention VHFreaks place...which I like very much---a great place, and of course Vaughns awesome contribution.....a great site and I like that guy soooo much....even if hes mad at me...;)

Hey SI...welcome home:D It is great to see you back!

Mezro...you were the first member to welcome me when I crash landed at the Army...thank you...

Sweet Irony
09-25-2004, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by Mezro
Hey SI...welcome home:D It is great to see you back!

Mezro...you were the first member to welcome me when I crash landed at the Army...thank you...

And DAMN proud of it!!
SI....still lovin the Mez....;)

Reverberator
09-25-2004, 07:48 PM
I cum across this , abarrt a month ago and to be honest i don't know what the FAK i'm doing here .