PDA

View Full Version : Halliburton Stock prices prove BCE knew about 9-11-01

FORD
09-25-2004, 11:59 AM
Halliburton Traded on 9-11 Warning Memo
By Dan Spillane, The Liberty Whistle
--Stock dropped 18.6 percent from August 6th thru September 10th 2001, unlike other similar cos.
--Halliburton awarded “WMD Contract”--one day before attack
--Two special stock indicators signaled “crisis” on Sep 10th--but no news was public

(SEATTLE) 09/21/04 – (UPDATE2) A series of new findings brings into serious doubt Bush Administration claims regarding September 11th, and suggests the work of the 9-11 Commission is incomplete. According to what Bush told the public, and as documented in the 9-11 report, the August 6th memo delivered to the White House, which warned of imminent attacks (“Bin Ladin Determined To Strike in US”) was described as “historical in nature,” and therefore was essentially ignored by the White House. (1) So, as far as the public knows, no actions were taken based on the memo.

It’s not like the US hasn’t been looking for unusual pre-9-11 actions—in fact, the 9-11 report examined stock trading before the attacks, and concluded with some degree of confidence that there weren’t any stock profits taken based on information before the attacks. Unfortunately, the 9-11 report provides no details on how such stock analysis was done--and importantly, the report makes no mention of isolating events in terms of the August 6th White House memo. In short, the 9-11 commission tried to find “needles in haystacks.”

Indeed, then it should be of no surprise that a comparison of stock trading specifically before and after August 6th, in terms of “sector behavior” and other indicators reveals more information, and illustrates an interesting and hitherto undiscovered pattern. (2) Incredibly, in this light, a major divergence is visible in the stock of Halliburton Corporation. Moreover, this divergence is punctuated not only by the dates of August 6th and September 11th, but was also echoed in a September 10th contract award to Halliburton.

As seen in a long-term stock chart, Halliburton has consistently traded in line with its closest competitor, Schlumberger. And it did this up until August 6th 2001. On the other hand, Halliburton stock dropped 18.6 percent from August 6th thru September 10th 2001, while the volume spiked—even as Schlumberger stock only dropped a tiny 3.7 percent, and the overall index measuring the oil sector was actually up slightly over the same period. In short, in the two dozen trading days between the memo and Sept 11th, a drastic shift occurred as compared to the same number of days before August 6th. In the charts below, the red line represents when the White House received the Sept. 11th warning; price went down, volume went up:

The next question--were there any negative announcements about Halliburton between August 6th and September 10th? No there weren’t--in fact, Halliburton received at least 1.2 billion dollars in new contracts. But even more interesting, is what happened on September 10th.

You see, Halliburton deals in oil services, with some additional services to the military. Yet on the day before September 11th—and only once and on that day—did Halliburton receive a new kind of assignment, containing a phrase now in the lexicon of so many Americans. Astonishingly, on September 10th, 2001, the news read “Halliburton Unit Picked to Participate in Program to Reduce Threat of Weapons Of Mass Destruction.” (Source: Halliburton)

Also, the stock market volatility index (the “VIX”), a measure of market fear, suddenly shot up after the August 6th White House memo. By September 10th 2001, the VIX index spiked up to a level over 30-a level-not seen since the Asian crisis. Yet, in the Asian crisis case, news of disaster was already out in the open, which contrasts sharply with September 10th 2001--when no bad news was known to the public. Remarkably, this shows certain stock market investors knew a crisis was going to happen--the day before September 11th. The VIX action also corresponds with Halliburton stock and business moves related to the August 6th and September 10th dates.

Next, in line with the spike in the VIX, yet another indicator foretold September 11th. The put/call stock options ratio—a measure of sophisticated investors betting on a market fall—peaked twice. First, the ratio peaked for the options transition period immediately after the White House memo, and before September 11th (which crested on August 17th)) and next, it peaked on September 10th, the day before the strike. Once again, the put/call ratio peaks correspond with Halliburton moves related to the August 6th and September 10th dates.

Finally, a very close associate of Mr. Cheney made a business move on September 10th.

What’s incredible is how many signs point to the fact that the White House knew about September 11th in advance. Clearly, not one but at least five pieces of evidence exist. Based on the unusual stock pattern of Halliburton after the White House warning memo, the special advance timing of the Halliburton WMD contract, the VIX and put/call indicators, and more, actions were being taken by those in the White House, and were leaked to a select few. But these actions were not to defend the American people. No, instead, these actions were taken to defend Halliburton stockholders and a select few, and further, to enhance their profits.

US citizens, and especially relatives of September 11th victims, should contact their representatives in Congress, demanding a full investigation of the business and stock activities of Halliburton after the White House was warned.

(1) “The President told us the August 6 report was historical in nature.” (9-11 report, chapter 8) (2) “Sector comparison” looks at how similar companies trade in relatively undifferentiated areas, such as those in commodities or generic services—including oil services.

link (http://www.libertywhistle.us/index.html)

Phil theStalker
09-25-2004, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by FORD
Halliburton Traded on 9-11 Warning Memo
By Dan Spillane, The Liberty Whistle
--Stock dropped 18.6 percent from August 6th thru September 10th 2001, unlike other similar cos.
--Halliburton awarded “WMD Contract”--one day before attack
--Two special stock indicators signaled “crisis” on Sep 10th--but no news was public

(SEATTLE) 09/21/04 – (UPDATE2) A series of new findings brings into serious doubt Bush Administration claims regarding September 11th, and suggests the work of the 9-11 Commission is incomplete. According to what Bush told the public, and as documented in the 9-11 report, the August 6th memo delivered to the White House, which warned of imminent attacks (“Bin Ladin Determined To Strike in US”) was described as “historical in nature,” and therefore was essentially ignored by the White House. (1) So, as far as the public knows, no actions were taken based on the memo.

It’s not like the US hasn’t been looking for unusual pre-9-11 actions—in fact, the 9-11 report examined stock trading before the attacks, and concluded with some degree of confidence that there weren’t any stock profits taken based on information before the attacks. Unfortunately, the 9-11 report provides no details on how such stock analysis was done--and importantly, the report makes no mention of isolating events in terms of the August 6th White House memo. In short, the 9-11 commission tried to find “needles in haystacks.”

Indeed, then it should be of no surprise that a comparison of stock trading specifically before and after August 6th, in terms of “sector behavior” and other indicators reveals more information, and illustrates an interesting and hitherto undiscovered pattern. (2) Incredibly, in this light, a major divergence is visible in the stock of Halliburton Corporation. Moreover, this divergence is punctuated not only by the dates of August 6th and September 11th, but was also echoed in a September 10th contract award to Halliburton.

As seen in a long-term stock chart, Halliburton has consistently traded in line with its closest competitor, Schlumberger. And it did this up until August 6th 2001. On the other hand, Halliburton stock dropped 18.6 percent from August 6th thru September 10th 2001, while the volume spiked—even as Schlumberger stock only dropped a tiny 3.7 percent, and the overall index measuring the oil sector was actually up slightly over the same period. In short, in the two dozen trading days between the memo and Sept 11th, a drastic shift occurred as compared to the same number of days before August 6th. In the charts below, the red line represents when the White House received the Sept. 11th warning; price went down, volume went up:

The next question--were there any negative announcements about Halliburton between August 6th and September 10th? No there weren’t--in fact, Halliburton received at least 1.2 billion dollars in new contracts. But even more interesting, is what happened on September 10th.

You see, Halliburton deals in oil services, with some additional services to the military. Yet on the day before September 11th—and only once and on that day—did Halliburton receive a new kind of assignment, containing a phrase now in the lexicon of so many Americans. Astonishingly, on September 10th, 2001, the news read “Halliburton Unit Picked to Participate in Program to Reduce Threat of Weapons Of Mass Destruction.” (Source: Halliburton)

Also, the stock market volatility index (the “VIX”), a measure of market fear, suddenly shot up after the August 6th White House memo. By September 10th 2001, the VIX index spiked up to a level over 30-a level-not seen since the Asian crisis. Yet, in the Asian crisis case, news of disaster was already out in the open, which contrasts sharply with September 10th 2001--when no bad news was known to the public. Remarkably, this shows certain stock market investors knew a crisis was going to happen--the day before September 11th. The VIX action also corresponds with Halliburton stock and business moves related to the August 6th and September 10th dates.

Next, in line with the spike in the VIX, yet another indicator foretold September 11th. The put/call stock options ratio—a measure of sophisticated investors betting on a market fall—peaked twice. First, the ratio peaked for the options transition period immediately after the White House memo, and before September 11th (which crested on August 17th)) and next, it peaked on September 10th, the day before the strike. Once again, the put/call ratio peaks correspond with Halliburton moves related to the August 6th and September 10th dates.

Finally, a very close associate of Mr. Cheney made a business move on September 10th.

What’s incredible is how many signs point to the fact that the White House knew about September 11th in advance. Clearly, not one but at least five pieces of evidence exist. Based on the unusual stock pattern of Halliburton after the White House warning memo, the special advance timing of the Halliburton WMD contract, the VIX and put/call indicators, and more, actions were being taken by those in the White House, and were leaked to a select few. But these actions were not to defend the American people. No, instead, these actions were taken to defend Halliburton stockholders and a select few, and further, to enhance their profits.

US citizens, and especially relatives of September 11th victims, should contact their representatives in Congress, demanding a full investigation of the business and stock activities of Halliburton after the White House was warned.

(1) “The President told us the August 6 report was historical in nature.” (9-11 report, chapter 8) (2) “Sector comparison” looks at how similar companies trade in relatively undifferentiated areas, such as those in commodities or generic services—including oil services.

link (http://www.libertywhistle.us/index.html)

Excellent, FORD.

X(

Big Train
09-25-2004, 12:35 PM
Talk about selective editing. First and foremost, this theory is oversimplified. It ignores the variables that HUNDREDS of other contracts bring to the table and add to the overall health of the companies stock. Second, that a WMD contract was awarded isn't unusual. If it said something like "WMD for Iraq or Iran", there may have been more substance to it. This is a case of taking all available info and distilling it down to fit his theory.

If two companies stock generally trades in the same range, there will be spikes and falls. Anyone who owns a single share will admit that.

And finally, can this statement be any more vague? "Finally, a very close associate of Mr. Cheney made a business move on September 10th."

Did he get his dry cleaning done?Move into a new office?

Lqskdiver
09-26-2004, 10:40 PM
Excellent investigative reporting, FORD. Oh wait, it wasn't yours....
But this proves it....it's the candlestick in the library.

So, sometime tomorrow you should see the cuff's being placed on Cheney?

FORD
09-26-2004, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by Lqskdiver
Excellent investigative reporting, FORD. Oh wait, it wasn't yours....
But this proves it....it's the candlestick in the library.

So, sometime tomorrow you should see the cuff's being placed on Cheney?

If there were such a thing as true and equal justice in this world, that would be the case.

Big Train
09-27-2004, 03:29 AM
If this guy writing the essay knew what the fuck he was talking about, he wouldn't have bothered writing it, knowing it was flawed and inconclusive. Add that to the pile of flawed and inconclusive "evidence" against the administration.

ELVIS
09-27-2004, 03:41 AM
Originally posted by Big Train
And finally, can this statement be any more vague? "Finally, a very close associate of Mr. Cheney made a business move on September 10th."

Did he get his dry cleaning done?Move into a new office?

Exactly! That part totally stopped me reading that crap...

A businessman made a "business move" on September 10th ??

Say it isn't so!!!

diamondD
09-27-2004, 09:06 AM
Yeah, that "Liberty Whistle", they really cracked that case.

:rolleyes:

WEAK

diamondD
09-27-2004, 09:08 AM
Oh, brother, I didn't even realize how weak...

Liberty Whistle can blow me (http://www.libertywhistle.us/)

Sgt Schultz
09-27-2004, 10:00 AM
Haliburton = Dead horse

Non issue, move on, nothing to see here people.

ELVIS
09-27-2004, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by Sgt Schultz
Haliburton = Dead horse

The voice of reason...

FORD
09-27-2004, 10:16 AM
Haliburton = Dead horse

Non issue, move on, nothing to see here people.

Everything's a "non issue" this morning - as long as it's about the BCE crimes or Republican hypocrisy.

But I have a feeling you won't be saying that about the next Swift Boat Liars ad. If THEY want to mine a 35 year old dead issue, that's different, right?

Sgt Schultz
09-27-2004, 10:36 AM
Everything's a "non issue" this morning - as long as it's about the BCE crimes or Republican hypocrisy.

But I have a feeling you won't be saying that about the next Swift Boat Liars ad. If THEY want to mine a 35 year old dead issue, that's different, right?

Maybe it's that I feel like crap this morning and am tired of reading the same old thing. Been hearing about Haliburton since 2000 campaign. Dems have been trotting out "Bush AWOL" since the days he was running for Gov.

As far as the Swift Boaters - nationally we've only been hearing about them since about June I think. Personally, the only part that I think matters is that he negotiated with the NVA while he was still a Naval Reservist while the war was going on.

Bush had all of his points and then some so he didn't have to serve as much time later on as he did in earlier years.

One last thing, Bush has not said one disparaging thing about Kerry's wartime service - he's only praised it. Kerry on the other hand has brought out this Bush Natonal Guard crap himself.

ODShowtime
09-27-2004, 11:59 AM
Unfortunately I am coming to the conclusion that bush supporters won't believe any kind of evidence that's put out. That's how you can successfully support some of these jokers for years on end. You had to stop listening years ago.

Sgt Schultz
09-27-2004, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by ODShowtime
Unfortunately I am coming to the conclusion that bush supporters won't believe any kind of evidence that's put out. That's how you can successfully support some of these jokers for years on end. You had to stop listening years ago.

I'm listening. The question is - do you believe everything you hear or read? Of course not. A lot of this stuff of course has SOME truth in it. The problem comes in where you have to make all sorts of leaps and conclusions to construct the Bogeyman you WANT to see.

FORD
09-27-2004, 12:23 PM
Halliburton's stock numbers and the press announcements about the company's awarded contracts are matters of record. So the only reason the Busheep want to dispute them is that they don't want to deal with the realities of that evidence. And those realities are that someone told Halliburton what was about to happen, and that the most reasonable suspect for that would be Dick Cheney.

Big Train
09-27-2004, 12:28 PM
OD,

We are all willing to listen. How about we get some credible evidence to work with, instead of this essay junk that is presented as such?

Ford, the "reality" of your theory leaves OUT so much, to fit IN to your theory. If I'm a sheep for questioning that, then so be it.

ODShowtime
09-27-2004, 12:28 PM
I'm listening. The question is - do you believe everything you hear or read? Of course not. A lot of this stuff of course has SOME truth in it. The problem comes in where you have to make all sorts of leaps and conclusions to construct the Bogeyman you WANT to see.

Shultz (you too Train), whenever I talk about uniformed or lunkheaded republicans, please extricate yourself from the group. You have proved that you have earned your opinion.

I'd like to get a real good look at the studies and the data and all that shit before I jumped on something like this.

The problem is that, even with a smoking gun on something like this, no credible (i.e. TV) news will air a story on this because no one would understand what the hell it means.

Really, all serious Bush bashing is dis-credited because of memogate. Funny who ultimately benefits from all that!

ODShowtime
09-27-2004, 12:31 PM
OD,

We are all willing to listen. How about we get some credible evidence to work with, instead of this essay junk that is presented as such?

Ford, the "reality" of your theory leaves OUT so much, to fit IN to your theory. If I'm a sheep for questioning that, then so be it.

you are.

All the real sheep most certainly are not. I wish I was getting my PHD right now, or at least not immersed in getting certified. I'd put together a fuckin study that would make people's heads spin.

FORD
09-27-2004, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by ODShowtime

Really, all serious Bush bashing is dis-credited because of memogate. Funny who ultimately benefits from all that!

Makes you wonder who planted those memos in the first place, doesn't it?

ODShowtime
09-27-2004, 12:35 PM
Makes you wonder who planted those memos in the first place, doesn't it?

My sincere opinion is this:

It's just as likely that the evil genius of Karl Rove has struck again as it is likely that one of the premier news organizations in the world compeletly dropped the ball on rudimentary fact checking on a story with such huge implications about the president, in an election year.

Both explanations are just as crazy if you ask me.

Big Train
09-27-2004, 12:39 PM
I bet you could spend a year combing through their files and not come up with anything. I don't consider any of this to "a smoking gun", unil and unless you could account for the hundreds of other contracts in play that could have a direct effect on the stock price. Something farther down the line, another program, speculation on the cancelation of reduction in size of other multi-billion dollar contracts, could have reduced it just the same. Some other stock could have been hot at the time and perhaps people thought defense plays were weak, that they needed to go somewhere else, like bio-tech and sold their shares.

Account for any of these scenarios, of which those were just a few, then we can take this seriously. Also, removed the "Business move" line for added credibility....

BTW, calling people sheep or morons in general is just no good. You'll notice I never attack personally (with the exception of the one time I attacked Ford, which I shouldn't have). If you disagree fine, just no need for any of that shit.

ODShowtime
09-27-2004, 03:48 PM
BTW, calling people sheep or morons in general is just no good. You'll notice I never attack personally (with the exception of the one time I attacked Ford, which I shouldn't have). If you disagree fine, just no need for any of that shit.

I'm sorry, but I stand by my view that most people in the world are stupid. Most people in this country are fucking stupid. I meant "sheep" in the broadest sense. The TV watching hoards. I guess that word has pretty bad connotations here.

awe man, I meant "you are" listening. not "you are" a sheep. Sorry dude!