PDA

View Full Version : Steeler game postponed

SRK
09-25-2004, 01:03 PM
http://www.cbs.sportsline.com/nfl/story/7721991

New time and location yet to be named.

WARF
09-25-2004, 01:30 PM
I was supposed to go that game sunday... fuckin hurricane!

Va Beach VH Fan
09-25-2004, 01:33 PM
It's for the best...

You don't want to risk getting people hurt driving to the game, especially coming from the northern part of the state...

Plus they're sure to get at least some heavy shit during that timeframe anyway....

WARF
09-25-2004, 01:46 PM
It's gonna make landfall tonight!

As a matter of fact, i'm already experiencing some of the rain bands.

freak
09-25-2004, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by WARF
It's gonna make landfall tonight!

As a matter of fact, i'm already experiencing some of the rain bands.

Be safe dude.

Va Beach VH Fan
09-25-2004, 04:19 PM
Looks like it might be Sunday night.... I've already read posters on the Steelers' message board saying that DirectTV will show the game if it's on Sunday night, but not any other day....

http://cbs.sportsline.com/nfl/story/7721991

Reports: Dolphins-Steelers moved from 1 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
Sept. 25, 2004
SportsLine.com wire reports

MIAMI -- Hurricane Jeanne forced the postponement of Sunday's 1 p.m. ET game between the Pittsburgh Steelers and the Miami Dolphins.

According to television and newspaper reports, the game will be played at 8:30 p.m. Sunday night.

The decision to postpone the game was made after the Dolphins discussed the matter with the NFL, Dolphins president Eddie Jones said Saturday. Team and league officials were monitoring the hurricane.

"The Commissioner's office has asked the two teams to consider the larger public safety issues to determine when the game can best be played," Jones said in a statement.

The Steelers flew in to South Florida on Friday, a day early, because of the hurricane.

Hurricane Jeanne is the latest in a string of weather problems that have plagued the Dolphins this season.

Miami's opening game against Tennessee was moved up one day and played on a Saturday because of Hurricane Ivan.

One week earlier, the NFL forced the Dolphins to travel to New Orleans for an exhibition game after players balked at leaving their families while in the path of Hurricane Frances.

fenway5150
09-27-2004, 07:19 PM
13-3 victory over the hapless Dolphins...but, hey, a win is a win baby!