PDA

View Full Version : October surprise

lucky wilbury
09-26-2004, 01:46 AM
any guesses what it might be? date it might happen? post your guesses here and we'll see who's right on target or who gets the close in the end

FORD
09-26-2004, 02:37 AM
I'm not guessing the event (though I have a short list) but I will guess the date : October 12 or 13.

Reason being that Oct 13 is the scheduled date of the third Kerry - Bush debate, this one supposedly dedicated to a discussion of the economy.

Since Junior can't possibly back up his bullshit "recovery" numbers, he's gonna be looking for a way out of this one, and what better excuse than "national security"?

Cathedral
09-26-2004, 02:46 AM
Hundreds of Billions of dollars is what 9-11 cost this country along with 3000 lives, and i think the numbers are well in Bush's favor given that event.

I haven't forgotten, but Democrats have until they try to use it against Bush in partisan political attacks.

Are people spending, Ford?
Do you disagree that 9-11 was a devastating blow to our economy?

It could have been a lot worse, and would have been had Gore won the election in 2000.

And before you go off on the "Gore won" bullshit i'll remind you that HE was the one that was selective on the counties HE wanted recounts in. HE screwed up and paid the price for it.

Cathedral
09-26-2004, 02:49 AM
by the way, Ford, I'm drinking Guinness tonight. Aren't you proud of me? lol.

FORD
09-26-2004, 02:55 AM
Originally posted by Cathedral
by the way, Ford, I'm drinking Guinness tonight. Aren't you proud of me? lol.

An excellent choice, of course. But I'm drinking a different brand.... check out my Beercyclopedia thread in "Non"

lucky wilbury
09-26-2004, 03:06 AM
my guess on dates is oct 5 or the 19th just a hunch on those

ODShowtime
09-26-2004, 10:13 AM
My guess is at least that they make some dude try to cross from Canada with a WMD weapon, but they catch him to make themselves look good. Around 10/15 or so.

scorpioboy33
09-26-2004, 10:42 AM
oct. surprise can anyone tell me what this is >dumb canadian

FORD
09-26-2004, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by scorpioboy33
oct. surprise can anyone tell me what this is >dumb canadian

It's been a tradition for the BCE to pull some stupid stunt in October in an attempt to influence the outcome of the election.

The term originated from the visit George Bush Sr made to Paris in October 1980 to meet with "moderate" Iranian mullahs. The Carter administration was close to solving the Teheran embassy hostage crisis at the time, so Poppy had to prevent this from happening in order to get himself and Reagan elected. So he promised the Iranians "future considerations" in exchange for their continuation of the "hostage crisis" until after the election.

Sure enough, the political pawn "hostages" were released the minute Reagan and Bush took office.

Only "positive" outcome of that whole scam was that it caused my political awakening. At the age of 14 I had begun to realize the existence of the Bush Criminal Empire....

scorpioboy33
09-26-2004, 11:06 AM
no shit...wow.....:| hey ford will you please comment on my thread regarding gun death numbers pulease....and thanks for the info...you are as always very informative