PDA

View Full Version : 'Hanoi Jane' Partners with MoveOn.Org

ELVIS
09-26-2004, 05:05 AM
Sept. 25, 2004 (http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2004/9/25/201340.shtml)

http://www.nic-inc.com/pics/posters/p103.jpg

'Hanoi Jane' Fonda is teaming up with a leading anti-Bush 527 group in a bid to register millions of women voters to cast their ballots for her old anti-war protest partner, John Kerry.

Fonda, who called President Bush a "radical ideologue" during a campaign stop in New York City last week, was asked about her latest move during a recent interview with CNN's Paula Zahn, and explained why she's come out of political retirement to back Kerry:

ZAHN: Let's talk a little bit about this partnership you have with MoveOn.org, an organization that has spent tens of millions of dollars to try to defeat George W. Bush. Is it your primary goal to elect John Kerry?
FONDA: Our primary goal is to try to get the 50 million women who are eligible to vote and have not voted to vote. We want the woman's voice to be in the body politic.

ZAHN: But the fact is, Jane, with the vast amount of money that MoveOn.org has spent running ads against President Bush, is there any way you can encourage women out there who would be inclined to vote Republican to come to the polls?

FONDA: We're the majority. If we voted, we would make a difference. We could decide who was elected. We could decide whether the person elected, man or woman, was going to care about and speak to our issues. . . . .

ZAHN: Jane, I find it hard to believe when you talk to these 50 million women out there that didn't vote that you just want them to vote their hearts. You really want them to vote for John Kerry, don't you?

FONDA: I'm not putting myself, nor am I asked to be in either campaign. I'm just saying that I know that if women voted and they voted with their hearts and with their bodies and their souls, that the future would be more safe, because that's where our hearts are.

ZAHN: But you personally, obviously, are more comfortable with Kerry.

FONDA: I'm a Democrat. My father would strike me dead from the heavens if I ever voted for a Republican. Ted could never understand: "You've never voted for a Republican?" I can't do that to my father, who was a yellow dog Democrat. What can I say?

Zahn then broached the sensitive subject of the Vietnam War, which Fonda and Kerry protested together in 1970 and 71, prompting the controversial actress to share her insights into why so many Americans still hate her.

ZAHN: Jane, you have spent a number of years trying to put your controversial Vietnam past behind you. And yet for the last week or so, we have seen a tremendous amount of news coverage on George W. Bush's service in the national guard and questions being asked about John Kerry's service in Vietnam.

What does that tell us about how raw the feelings are to this day about the Vietnam War?

FONDA: It tells us that they're raw. It tells us that we have not healed. We need to heal from this wound, because it's very directly connected to what -- to the new wound. We haven't learned, you know, the lessons of Vietnam.

ZAHN: Jane, you have apologized to the families of Vietnam War vets, saying that maybe you have said some things that you wish you hadn't said along the way. Do you think you'll ever be able to satisfy people to this day who question what you did in Vietnam?

FONDA: No. There's a lot of people who -- who -- it's a cottage industry to hate me. And if they -- if they stop, that might mean that they'd have to look at some things that would question their own identity. And that's -- it's very hard for people to do.

:elvis:

FORD
09-26-2004, 11:12 AM
Zahn then broached the sensitive subject of the Vietnam War, which Fonda and Kerry protested together in 1970 and 71, prompting the controversial actress to share her insights into why so many Americans still hate her.

Ah, what an example of Pulitzer worthy unbiased journalism.... So nice to be able to blatantly LIE and have the Busheep believe every word of it :rolleyes:

And if anyone can read that interview above and still claim Eva Braun von Zahn is "liberal" then you really need to pull your head out of your ass.

scorpioboy33
09-26-2004, 11:44 AM
ford....gundeath reply please

lucky wilbury
09-26-2004, 12:56 PM
Fonda, who called President Bush a "radical ideologue"

she's a moron isn't she?

DrMaddVibe
09-26-2004, 02:38 PM
So much for saying sorry about her involvement in Vietnam!

That cunt is doing it all over again!

freak
09-26-2004, 03:17 PM
That silver-spooned cunt should have been given the Tokyo Rose / Axis Sally treatment.

freak
09-26-2004, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by lucky wilbury
Fonda, who called President Bush a "radical ideologue"

she's a moron isn't she?

No, she's a liberal - An entirely different moron sub-species.

She's also an aging actress looking for attention.

FORD
09-26-2004, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by freak
That silver-spooned cunt should have been given the Tokyo Rose / Axis Sally treatment.

And what about the deserter grandson of the treasonous Hitler enabler who was born with a silver spoon up his nose?

freak
09-26-2004, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by FORD
And what about the deserter grandson of the treasonous Hitler enabler who was born with a silver spoon up his nose?

JFK has been dead for years. Let it rest.

Wayne L.
09-26-2004, 03:52 PM
Jane Fonda should be in jail at this moment for treason during the Vietnam War while some of her comrades in arms on the radical left in Hollywood like Barbra Streisand, Martin Sheen & Danny Glover should be as well which is more than just being against the war in Iraq.