PDA

View Full Version : The Official 2010-2011 Notre Dame Fightin' Irish Sports Thread!!!

Pages : [1] 2 3

conmee
09-26-2004, 01:15 PM
Gentlemen,

After lengthy negotiations with Pojo, my conscience, and a cadre of alumni focus groups, I've decided to run an official Notre Dame thread at BOTH Roth Army and DDLR.com. Besides the fact that someone said it was a TRAVESTY that a webbie at this fine site (RothArmy.com) would maintain an official thread at ANOTHER site, while leaving this site neglected, I will simply have to take on the responsibility I should have taken on prior to the start of the college football season, and run, for the time being, TWO official threads, one at each site. Consider it much like Miller Lite, one thread tastes great, and one is less filling. Considering the lower traffic volume at DDLR.com Sports Forum, I felt that blessing all the fine folks here with the daily/weekly Fightin' Irish (and as a bonus UNLV and San Diego franchise coverage as well) information and updates was the responsible, professional, admirable, charitable, and common sensical thing to do.

Thusly, and Ergoly, and finally.... I hereby christen thee The Official Notre Dame Fightin' Irish Sports Thread here at the Roth Army.

:monkey:

Now, just to get everyone up to speed on my affiliations and the Notre Dame football team, here is today's update:

The Fightin' Irish looked like a well-oiled machine in the first half against Washington, racking up 28 first-half points, and quarterback Brady Quinn throwing for 4 first half touchdowns and 4 for the game (the former breaking a previous record, the latter tying a previous record.... Montana and Theisman anyone?). However, in the second half, it looked as if Ty Willingham and Bill Deidrick (Off. Coord.) decided to go back to their usual ways of being more conservative and having Quinn throw incomplete passes. Notre Dame hasn't been able to put together a complete game since 2002. They started falling apart in the 4th quarter of their win against Florida State, and they haven't looked back since, putting up half-assed efforts in pretty much every game since, resulting in last year's 5-7 season record. A debacle by any self-respecting school's criteria.

At any rate, the Irish seem to have put together enough offense to school the state of Michigan (wins of UM and MSU) and they put the hurt on Washington as I've mentioned, after a lackluster and embarrassing start at BYU in which the Irish lost that game. Needless to say, they will have to bring their defensive A-game against Orton and Purdue, and they better have enough offense to put up 30+ again, because that's what it's going to take to beat Purdue this coming weekend.

Lastly, some folks are waiting for the Irish to return to the Top 25 rankings. I don't see it happening this week, simply because I'm not sure who will move out of the Top 25 to make room for the Irish. And besides, Washington isn't a good team, despite the Irish schooling them. So I fully expect a Top 25 ranking next week when the Irish take care of business against Purdue.

If the Irish can run the table (must get past Purdue, Stanford, Navy, and Boston College) up to the Tennessee game (at Tenn.), the Irish will be 7-1 and looking to make a big jump in the polls with a tough road-win against a formidable SEC opponent. Then it's just a matter of putting away Pitt, for a showdown at USC which, if ND is 9-1 and USC is 11-0 at that time, will have significant National Title implications. Of course, ND still has much to prove, but I'm confident that this year could be quite a pleasant surprise for the Irish faithful.

My own realistic expectations would be an 8-3 record and a Bowl win, since I can see the Irish beating Purdue, but stumbling against Tenn, and USC. And if BC plays ND like they always do, it's not out of the realm of possibility to think the Irish will go 7-4. Much better than last year, true. But damn haven't we fallen on hard times when a 7-4 record is considered "good" by many folks in the Irish camp. If Ty Willingham can't consistently produce at least 8-3/9-3 seasons (and that is simple job security) like that bore Lloyd Carr at UM, I don't see Ty coaching the Irish after his contract is up. Of course, we're talking about the same athletic director who hired Oleary, and the same institution that hired Faust, so I could be wrong.

GO IRISH!!!
GO UNLV!!!!
GO CHARGERS!!!
GO PADRES!!!
GO KINGS (Basketball and hockey if it ever comes back)

Icon.

POJO_Risin
09-26-2004, 02:23 PM
Yes...after offering up Icon...the following...

1. One case of Milwaukee's best...

2. four bottles of Mad Dog 20/20 (in varying flavors)

3. a vintage ron Powlus jersey

4. an autograph photo of Rocket Ismail in a thong

and

5. a Gerry Foust worn ND polo...

he conceded to bring an official ND thread here...

it's about time...

and...

I'm moderately surprised that Willingham has them sitting at 3-1...

Va Beach VH Fan
09-26-2004, 03:58 PM
Where's a bird cage when you need one....

Not else much that this raving lunacy is good for..... ;)

POJO_Risin
09-26-2004, 11:53 PM
Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
Where's a bird cage when you need one....

Not else much that this raving lunacy is good for..... ;)

I'm not an Irish fan by any stretch...but this is coming from a Penn State fan...

do they even have a football team?

Va Beach VH Fan
09-27-2004, 07:58 PM
LOL...

I tell you what, don't know if you saw the PSU-Wisconsin game, but I liked the 3rd string clipboard holder QB better than either Mills or Robinson....

Maybe there's hope for the future.... Remember that Anthony Morelli bolted from Pitt to go to PSU....

POJO_Risin
09-27-2004, 10:22 PM
LMFAO...I didn't see any of that game...

how did they play against Wisconsin?

Seriously...it's a strange day in college football when PSU is a complete non-factor...

I mean...nothing this year...

The only hope for the future...is a new coach...and they just reupped with the man...

Look...Paterno is a fucking coaching GOD...15 years ago...

I can't believe he won't move aside for the sake of the program that he build and made prominant...and got into the best conference in football...

conmee
09-27-2004, 11:37 PM
Goddammit!!!!!

I didn't come back to have you half-baked retards turn this into a Big 11 thread... lmao ;)

Screw PSU and Wisconsin... PSU has turned into a Weekend At Bernie's made-for-TV sticom with rigormortis setting in on JoePa... next year they'll just wheel him up and down the sideline on a dolly or perhaps stand him up in stirrups on one of those Lil' Rascals that old folks use to get around grocery stores in...

At some point, you have to make decisions for the elderly when they no longer can make decisions for themselves... how many years of mediocrity from a comatose old man coach will PSU put up with just because the old coot at ONE TIME in the DISTANT PAST, led them to some modicum of greatness? It's over Johnny, bring in the next contestant.... lmao

Now, back to the topic... ND will take care of business against Purdue this week and be back in the Top 25 where they belong... Purdue might have a great quarterback, and also be known for chicken at an excellent price, but it all ends this Saturday at South Bend... lmao :)

GO IRISH!!!
GO UNLV!!!
GO CHARGERS!!!
GO KINGS!!!!
GO PADRES!!!!

Icon.

POJO_Risin
09-28-2004, 12:00 AM
Well...it surely will be a proving ground for ND...

We'll see if they are for real this week...

I just don't think that Purdue is that good...unlike some that think they'll win the Big 11...

Va Beach VH Fan
09-28-2004, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by conmee
At some point, you have to make decisions for the elderly when they no longer can make decisions for themselves... how many years of mediocrity from a comatose old man coach will PSU put up with just because the old coot at ONE TIME in the DISTANT PAST, led them to some modicum of greatness? It's over Johnny, bring in the next contestant.... lmao

I'd rather have a comatose JoePa than a half-ass politically correct stand-in as head coach.....

conmee
09-29-2004, 09:31 AM
You got something against black folk, you goddam Suthern Racist!!!!!!!!!??!!?!?! lol ;)

Believe me, outside of some very powerful boosters still funding the PSU program, no one in that state would miss JoePa much... put him in a glass case next to the two national championship trophies for safe keeping and move on... Urban Meyer is just waiting for a higher profile gig than Utah... I was hoping ND would get him if they fired Ty after a loss to Michigan... but somehow Ty pulled out a win... so we'll just have to wait out Ty's contract. lol

GO IRISH!!!
GO UNLV!!!

Icon.

POJO_Risin
09-29-2004, 05:50 PM
As sad as I am to say this...Winningham is twice the coach that JoePa is right now...and that may be UNDERSTATING it...

If JoePa was at Notre Dame right now (and he would have been fired a long time ago), well...he'd be fired...and probably 1-3...

Urban Meyer supposedly will be coming to North Carolina next year...as the Spurrier rumors are just that...but Meyer's Utah boys will be coming to UNC to hand them their asses in a couple of weeks...

UNC just can't pay their football coach more than their basketball coach...

Va Beach VH Fan
09-29-2004, 08:49 PM
Believe me, outside of some very powerful boosters still funding the PSU program, no one in that state would miss JoePa much...

What are you, a Rudy clone ???

Even your perverted mind has to realize what an incredibly ridiculous statement that was.....

PSU is in the middle of rebuilding, no doubt about it.... I personally think that their mediocre QB's have a lot to do with it.... And their run defense leaves holes that even Poj's beer belly can go through....

ALL TEAMS DO THAT....

Notre Dame sure as hell does that....

Ohio State sure as hell does that....

POJO_Risin
09-29-2004, 09:07 PM
Here's the difference between PSU and Ohio State at least...

OSU is rebuilding as well...and winning...

Their defense lost nearly everyone...and they are still good...

WHY? Because they outrecruit everyone in Ohio...and get some speed from Florida here and there...Tressell and his staff can recruit...

Now before you go and rip off names of all these great recruits that PSU has...

remember this...they've been rebuilding for what now...five years? You don't rebuild for five years my friend...

you get a new coach...

And you can't tell me that PSU fans in Pennsylvania aren't scratching their head...wondering why in the fuck this guy is still there...

It's more than the QB's...it's more than the "shitty run defense..."

It's lack of talent period...

No recruits...no win...

soon...new coach...

Should get Spurrier...someone who can breathe some damn life into that dead ass program...

I mean christ...Paterno is a damn peer of Bear Bryant and fucking Woody Hayes...

they're dead...

conmee
09-30-2004, 09:54 AM
I find it humorous that a guy living in Virginia with 12 kids who gets drunk on a sixer of light beer thinks he knows so much about PSU, and the state of Pennsylvania in general. Believe me, I'm not saying that no one reveres JoePa or respects his accomplishments, but by and large, fans younger than 35 can barely remember the last time JoePa did something of significance. Hell, I was 17 the last time PSU won a championship... and like you and Pojo, I'm one of the OLD BOYS around here... lmao

Look, JoePa deserves his props, no doubt about it. But he doesn't deserve to hold onto a job based on past performance that's almost two decades old... the only folks that get to hold onto jobs long after they're successful/useful/productive are union and Navy workers, and JoePa. ;) lmao

GO IRISH!!!
GO UNLV!!!

Icon.

POJO_Risin
09-30-2004, 12:25 PM
Now...back to the matter at hand...

the unranked Irish (I'm surprised) go up against the number 15th Purdue Boilermakers this week...

You hear a lot of rumble about how good the Purduey's are...I don't buy into it...

with that being said...Orton is a really good qb...and Notre Dame brings a solid D against it...

I'm banking on Purdue mistakes to launch Notre Dame into the rankings next week...vaulting into the top 20...

we shall see...

conmee
09-30-2004, 04:59 PM
I knew there was a reason I like you, Pojo... lol.. but the real matter at hand is VA Beach's racism, alcoholism, beastialityism, and PSU boosterism, all while living in VA Beachism... lmao ;)

In all seriousness, Purdue has played a bunch of total pansy-assed losers.... Syracuse is in the shitter again, Ball Fookin' State??!??!, and they SQUEAKED by Illinois... the Big 11 powerhouse... Generally speaking, the Big 11 teams are probably over-rated by 5 spots in the polls... I can understand ND bias being good for about 4-5 spots up in a poll, but there's history there... same goes for teams from Florida, OK, and 'Bama.

Oh well, I'll either be celebrating ND's return to the Top 25, or crying in my beer Saturday evening... and I think that BYU was simple the hangover from the previous year's debacle... an ugly loss during the first week of the season will be forgot if a 9-1 ND team closes out the season playing USC at the Colliseum, with National Championship implications on the line....

So what do you think Pojo? If ND boasts wins at home over Michigan, Purdue, and Pitt, and road wins over Tennessee and USC, and finish the season 10-1, think the Irish are in the National Championship mix at that point? That would certainly fook up the BCS... I'd love to see OK, USC, ND, Miami, and Georgia all arguing about who is No. 1, and another split championship... just to force the playoff issue again... of course, rather not split a championship, but I'll take half a championship since we haven't seen one around South Bend since 1988...

GO IRISH!!!
GO UNLV!!!

Icon.

Va Beach VH Fan
09-30-2004, 08:55 PM
I find it humorous that a guy living in Virginia with 12 kids who gets drunk on a sixer of light beer thinks he knows so much about PSU, and the state of Pennsylvania in general.

Yeah, it ain't like I was born and raised there, you're right..... ;)

And only time I get drunk nowadays is when I'm trying to drown out Samuel Hagar being onstage, or delirious Notre Dame fans, take your pick.... ;)

Look, JoePa deserves his props, no doubt about it. But he doesn't deserve to hold onto a job based on past performance that's almost two decades old... the only folks that get to hold onto jobs long after they're successful/useful/productive are union and Navy workers, and JoePa. ;) lmao[/B]

You guys with your fetish for the coaching profession always cracks me up....

I said it the day Joey Gibbs was hired back again, it doesn't matter if Vince Fucking Lombardi came back from the dead, the Redskins will still suck !!!!

And why ?? Because Joe Gibbs doesn't play...

Just like Pat Riley didn't play in NYC and Miami....

Has PSU had better recruiting days ?? Absolutely.....

But don't give me this crap that JoePa should retire because he can't coach anymore....

He's coaching the same way he did in the past.....

POJO_Risin
10-01-2004, 12:13 AM
Okay...let's put that into perspective...since coaches don't matter...

than Woody Hayes' 3 yards and a cloud of dust would still be winning (not)...

and you know how many Full House backfields you see...gotta love all of those triple option offenses that Okie and Neb used from the 50's to the mid 80's that are still rolling through college football (Not)...

If JoePa is still coaching the way he always does (and I agree...he does...with more senility...and less success)...PSU will disappear from the football map...

Joe Gibbs will win in Washington again...Why? 2 reasons...

1. He's a good evaluater of talent for what he wants to do...and he has the means to go out and get it (as opposed to an idiot like Spurrier recruiting Gators...or their wonderful owner throwing money to everyone)...

2. He's meticulous in what he needs to do to win...and has the staff to do it.

You're crowing about Gibbs sucking 3 GAMES INTO HIS RETURN! Now I am thoroughly aware Va that you are far to vast in your knowledge of football to make a judgement on Gibbs after 3 FREAKIN' GAMES!!!

Of course...comparing Gibbs to JoePa is really a non-factor point here...being that Gibbs doesn't have to recruit players...

Let's start with recruiting. PSU isn't the recruiting juggernaut that they used to be. They had always been able to outrecruit most teams for PA players 1...and high quality players that they were contesting other major schools with. That happens with a much greater infrequency. Even you can admit that. You know the big 3 in recruiting.

1. Team Prestige--PSU still carries some of that because of Paterno's past record...and standing in the NCAA...but...if you have an 80 year old coach battling most other Big 10 coaches for a recruit...you know what those other coaches are saying in the Living Room talks..."What have you done for me lately JoePa (lose)," and "What will you get in the future..." PSU's days of winning the Big 10 and the National Title are far in the past...far...far in the past...and it's a hard sell to many players who are being recruited by Big 10 winners and/or other conference and national title contenders. OSU has been making a habit of outrecruiting the Michigans and the Michigan St.'s for top tier Ohio players (and generally...OSU got most of those recruits anyways...but always 4 or 5 of them would slide to Michigan or State because Cooper had his head up his ass). Enter Tressell, who knows the rounds in Ohio from his days as an OSU assistant, as well as his days as YSU's head coach. He generally gets all of the major Ohio recruits now...as well as throwing his hat into PA, Maryland and Florida...and snaking 1 or 2 major recruits there as well.

2. PT--Here's where PSU is probably winning what recruits they get...you have the ability to turn the program back to the winner...but alone...this means squat.

3. Coaching philosophy...now...Paterno's offense has always been run oriented...but adaptable to the players he has...a pro style set of course...so the philosophy itself should be successful...but...it's hard to sell a damn coach that really isn't winning anymore (to PSU standards)...and has the appearance of NOT CHANGING!

Bottom line here...there aren't many recruits that are enamored with PSU anymore for the reasons they used to be...Playing for Paterno is...well...obviously not the same...and kids aren't growing up dreaming for wearing the old school PSU colors...when the speed and flash of the Florida teams...Oklahoma...USC...even Ohio State...are more coveted...and come knocking for those top recruits Paterno covets...

Paterno isn't winning anymore...in the past 5 years...PSU has had 1 winning season...and is a combined 24-28...which is a death-bed for a team who USED to be discussed in the same manner as the Florida teams...Notre Dame (who's luster will always be there)...OSU, Oklahoma...the football royalty...

not anymore my friend...not anymore...

and you can make your comments about how important coaching is until the cows come home...but you don't have to be a magician to figure out that Ohio State became good again because of Tressell's philosophy...and ability to get the coaches and recruits that fit it (Cooper recruited more talented out of state players...but couldn't win the big ones with them)...it's called change...and you have to on occasion to field winners. Some coaches change...and Paterno did it while he was still able to...but he's done...period...

Utah wins why? Their overabundance of talent? No...they have a damn good coach...

Oklahoma blew ass for years after the Switzer fiasco...until they got Stoops in there...who changed the shit out of the philosophy of the program...

Notre Dame has been brilliant at this through the years...moving from coach to coach...with brief interludes of Davies and Foust...

You compare Paterno to freakin' Riley and Gibbs...two pro coaches who were mired in idiotic spending...you just can't compare freakin' college coaches to pro coaches...especially when you look at Paterno coaching for 40 fucking years....add the fact that he had 1 LOSING SEASON IN ALL HIS YEARS OF COACHING UNTIL 2000...

and has had 3 out of 4 years since then...and is 2-2 now...

in PSU's case, IT IS THE COACH...period.

Sarge's Little Helper
10-01-2004, 12:14 AM
Okay...let's put that into perspective...since coaches don't matter...

than Woody Hayes' 3 yards and a cloud of dust would still be winning (not)...

and you know how many Full House backfields you see...gotta love all of those triple option offenses that Okie and Neb used from the 50's to the mid 80's that are still rolling through college football (Not)...

If JoePa is still coaching the way he always does (and I agree...he does...with more senility...and less success)...PSU will disappear from the football map...

Joe Gibbs will win in Washington again...Why? 2 reasons...

1. He's a good evaluater of talent for what he wants to do...and he has the means to go out and get it (as opposed to an idiot like Spurrier recruiting Gators...or their wonderful owner throwing money to everyone)...

2. He's meticulous in what he needs to do to win...and has the staff to do it.

You're crowing about Gibbs sucking 3 GAMES INTO HIS RETURN! Now I am thoroughly aware Va that you are far to vast in your knowledge of football to make a judgement on Gibbs after 3 FREAKIN' GAMES!!!

Of course...comparing Gibbs to JoePa is really a non-factor point here...being that Gibbs doesn't have to recruit players...

Let's start with recruiting. PSU isn't the recruiting juggernaut that they used to be. They had always been able to outrecruit most teams for PA players 1...and high quality players that they were contesting other major schools with. That happens with a much greater infrequency. Even you can admit that. You know the big 3 in recruiting.

1. Team Prestige--PSU still carries some of that because of Paterno's past record...and standing in the NCAA...but...if you have an 80 year old coach battling most other Big 10 coaches for a recruit...you know what those other coaches are saying in the Living Room talks..."What have you done for me lately JoePa (lose)," and "What will you get in the future..." PSU's days of winning the Big 10 and the National Title are far in the past...far...far in the past...and it's a hard sell to many players who are being recruited by Big 10 winners and/or other conference and national title contenders. OSU has been making a habit of outrecruiting the Michigans and the Michigan St.'s for top tier Ohio players (and generally...OSU got most of those recruits anyways...but always 4 or 5 of them would slide to Michigan or State because Cooper had his head up his ass). Enter Tressell, who knows the rounds in Ohio from his days as an OSU assistant, as well as his days as YSU's head coach. He generally gets all of the major Ohio recruits now...as well as throwing his hat into PA, Maryland and Florida...and snaking 1 or 2 major recruits there as well.

2. PT--Here's where PSU is probably winning what recruits they get...you have the ability to turn the program back to the winner...but alone...this means squat.

3. Coaching philosophy...now...Paterno's offense has always been run oriented...but adaptable to the players he has...a pro style set of course...so the philosophy itself should be successful...but...it's hard to sell a damn coach that really isn't winning anymore (to PSU standards)...and has the appearance of NOT CHANGING!

Bottom line here...there aren't many recruits that are enamored with PSU anymore for the reasons they used to be...Playing for Paterno is...well...obviously not the same...and kids aren't growing up dreaming for wearing the old school PSU colors...when the speed and flash of the Florida teams...Oklahoma...USC...even Ohio State...are more coveted...and come knocking for those top recruits Paterno covets...

Paterno isn't winning anymore...in the past 5 years...PSU has had 1 winning season...and is a combined 24-28...which is a death-bed for a team who USED to be discussed in the same manner as the Florida teams...Notre Dame (who's luster will always be there)...OSU, Oklahoma...the football royalty...

not anymore my friend...not anymore...

and you can make your comments about how important coaching is until the cows come home...but you don't have to be a magician to figure out that Ohio State became good again because of Tressell's philosophy...and ability to get the coaches and recruits that fit it (Cooper recruited more talented out of state players...but couldn't win the big ones with them)...it's called change...and you have to on occasion to field winners. Some coaches change...and Paterno did it while he was still able to...but he's done...period...

Utah wins why? Their overabundance of talent? No...they have a damn good coach...

Oklahoma blew ass for years after the Switzer fiasco...until they got Stoops in there...who changed the shit out of the philosophy of the program...

Notre Dame has been brilliant at this through the years...moving from coach to coach...with brief interludes of Davies and Foust...

You compare Paterno to freakin' Riley and Gibbs...two pro coaches who were mired in idiotic spending...you just can't compare freakin' college coaches to pro coaches...especially when you look at Paterno coaching for 40 fucking years....add the fact that he had 1 LOSING SEASON IN ALL HIS YEARS OF COACHING UNTIL 2000...

and has had 3 out of 4 years since then...and is 2-2 now...

in PSU's case, IT IS THE COACH...period.

Oops. I wasn't paying attention. Tell me again what is going on.

POJO_Risin
10-01-2004, 12:16 AM
If Notre Dame runs the table (I don't think they will), they will CONTROL the bowl picture...whether they are 1 or not...

certainly they will dominate the popular polls...unless...there are 2 other undefeateds...and I can't see that happen...

if Notre Dame runs the table...and beats a USC that's still #1 (I don't think they will be)...Notre Dame will be playing for the national title...

conmee
10-01-2004, 09:24 AM
Well... I can dream... lol... Interestingly, all the great ND coaches won the Nat. Champ. in their third year... Willingham is in his third... now if he were to do this, and run the table, good lord, that would add to the lore and mystique of ND, would it not? lol... But I agree. That is a monumental order to ask for, and not to lower expectations, but what the hell, I have this year, I'd be happy with an 8-3 record and even a Gator Bowl win at this point. We'll see.

GO IRISH!!!
GO UNLV!!!

Icon.

POJO_Risin
10-01-2004, 12:06 PM
I don't know what in the hell to think of the bla...er...moo...er...por...er...coach of the Irish to be honest with you. I think he can recruit the players that he needs to succeed...we're just now seeing that...

I think he understands what it takes to have a good defense...

I just can't freakin' figure out what his offense is trying to do out there...

If they can figure out how to not completely depend on the defense to win games...well...

They could make a hell of a run...

Again...I can't see it happening...although 8-3 isn't out of the realm of possibility...

Funny thing is...if they'd play USC right now...I think they'd have a true shot to beat them...especially in South Bend...

We'll have to see though...

Where is the Notre Dame/USC game?

conmee
10-01-2004, 02:42 PM
At USC... all the more reason to believe that if they go into the USC game with a 9-1 record, it would have National Championship implications. Well, let's just see if they get a win tomorrow, before I start planning for even a January bowl game at this point... UCONN beat up a pathetic Pitt team, and BC doesn't look nearly as good as in past years, so if ND can squeak past Purdue, Stanford, Navy, BC, and Pitt, which shouldn't be a problem (again, pending on what they do tomorrow), then ND realistically only has two very tough road-games to win at Tennessee and at USC. Hence, the 8-3, assuming those two are losses, and the rest wins. However, given this team and coach's quirkiness, I could easily see them dropping Purdue, Navy (if the Midshipmen finally beat ND after 37 straight losses to ND), and BC, in addition to Tenn and USC, making it a 5-6 season... with this team it could realistically go either way... 7-4 is probably the safest bet, with some sort of Detroit Bowl victory to end the season at 8-4. lmao

GO IRISH!!!!
GO UNLV!!!!

Icon.

POJO_Risin
10-01-2004, 11:44 PM
Who knows though...Notre Dame has certainly become quirky as you put it...

but...

if it is Notre Dame's return...I'd bank on them running with the 8-3 record...

watch Navy bite them in the ass...

conmee
10-02-2004, 10:20 AM
Given the weather today in Southeast Michigan (windy, cold, rainy), if it's anything like this in South Bend, Orton's passing game could be grounded, which will give the Irish a definite advantage.

According to weather.com the worst has already passed ND, but they're currently at 51 degrees, with a high today of 60 in the PM. Partly cloudy with a 20% chance of rain, clearing up in the PM. If that's the case, and the field soaked up some rain last night, look for footing to be a problem, with DB's and receivers and QBs slipping.

Anyhow, we'll see how this game shapes up later today...

GO IRISH!!!

Icon.

POJO_Risin
10-02-2004, 10:31 AM
Boy...there's some wishful thinking...

I don't see the field being an issue...with all you said there...

lmfao...60 degrees...no rain...and a wet field...

I don't see that affecting Orton in the least...I think the ND D will just have to get pressure on him...force a lot of movement in the backfield...and cause what ND is best at...forcing the team to make mistakes...

conmee
10-02-2004, 01:06 PM
Pojo, I should have clarified... the weather WAS bad, IS getting better... if it STAYED bad, then I'd be more hopeful that weather would play a part... IF the weather stays true to the forecast, then YES, weather will be a non-factor... lmao...

I guess I mixed to much fact, fiction, and wishful thinking into one or two sentences to confuse the issue. lol That's what I get for thinking out loud... ha

GO IRISH!!!

Icon.

P.S. The weather has turned for the BETTER here in D-Town. So I'm betting it will be sunny, warm, dry field, and no wind when the ND game starts in South Bend.

POJO_Risin
10-02-2004, 04:29 PM
Well...obviously Icon...the issue here has been special teams and turnovers...

ND has been right with them...but that goal line fumble...then march down the field...well...

20-3...

I still think that Notre Dame has a shot...but they can't make mistakes...Purdue CAN'T grind down the clock...but Orton is damn good...

Time to "Play like a Champion..."

POJO_Risin
10-02-2004, 04:30 PM
And of course...it's a B-E-A-UTIFUL day in South Bend today...

not a help in the least...

POJO_Risin
10-02-2004, 04:43 PM
97 yard TD for Orton...

jesus...

game over...that was huge...and an early nail in the coffin...

Orton just entered the Heisman Race...damn...

POJO_Risin
10-02-2004, 04:44 PM
One Fumble...and this happens...lmfao...

That being said...Purdue looks good...

we'll see if Notre Dame opens it up...

conmee
10-02-2004, 04:49 PM
Sonofabitch... damn near drove off the road on the way back from the mall... so yes, despite thinking it was hell going shopping, it only got worse when I turned on the radio... and of course, what is the first play I see on TV, when I get home?!??! The goddam TD pass... fook it... I'm PRAYING for a 6-5 season, a TY firing, and a Urban Meyer... lmao

GO IRISH!!!

Icon.

conmee
10-02-2004, 04:50 PM
And I think it goes without saying, I'm not even going to bother double-posting to the ND thread at DDLR.com... I just don't have the stomach for it.... lol

GO IRISH!!

Icon.

conmee
10-02-2004, 04:52 PM
TOUCHDOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why can't they ALWAYS play like that!!!!

GO IRISH!!!!

Icon.

POJO_Risin
10-02-2004, 04:53 PM
Good crossing pattern...good blocking downfield...

didn't Quinn have #9 last year?

conmee
10-02-2004, 04:53 PM
Now we just need three more TDs and a shitload of defensive stops, and we win, 31-27... lmao....

GO IRISH!!!!

Icon.

conmee
10-02-2004, 04:55 PM
Ahhhh.. very nice block by the line judge on replay... lmao...

GO IRISH!!!

Icon.

conmee
10-02-2004, 04:56 PM
SACKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO IRISH!!!!

Icon.

conmee
10-02-2004, 04:57 PM
Christ Almighty.... the defense totally falls asleep every other goddam play...

GO IRISH!!!

Icon.

conmee
10-02-2004, 04:58 PM
Can't leave ANYONE open as long as Orton is standing up... that guy will take advantage of blown assignments... shit... he's good, no doubt about it...

GO IRISH!!!

Icon.

conmee
10-02-2004, 05:04 PM
FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was holding out hope they'd hold Purdue to a field goal... christ ND has the worst corners....

It's over, I'm going to Baja Fresh.... hopefully, when I return it won't be 44-10....

GO IRISH!!!

Icon.

conmee
10-02-2004, 05:11 PM
TOUCHDOWN!!!!

The offense is starting to look good, but I'm worried the defense won't hold up to let us back in the game...

GO IRISH!!!

Icon.

POJO_Risin
10-02-2004, 05:21 PM
Jesus...

Purdue has some kind of offense...

POJO_Risin
10-02-2004, 05:28 PM
I wonder what Notre Dame's passing yards in a game record is...

Quinn's going to end up around 500 yards today...

talk about really looking good...

how in the hell do you have that many passing yards and only 16 points on the board...

POJO_Risin
10-02-2004, 05:56 PM
Icon may have killed himself...

conmee
10-02-2004, 07:04 PM
I'm still alive... barely...

ugh..

Icon.

Va Beach VH Fan
10-02-2004, 07:21 PM
[[ snicker ]]

[[ snicker ]]

[[ snicker ]]

POJO_Risin
10-02-2004, 07:49 PM
Va...Va...Va...

it is actually kind of amusing...

would have loved to see Purdue knocked off...

the Major conferences have some players this year...

SEC...ACC...Big 10...Big 12...

all have the playa's...

Big 10...probably 4th outta that bunch...even though OSU and Purdue are fighting the good fight...

POJO_Risin
10-02-2004, 07:50 PM
Va...that's one of my favorite Rothisms by the way...

conmee
10-02-2004, 09:16 PM
Look, it's a 6-5 season coming on, ai'ght!!! lmao

Goddamn... I wish we were back in the day when ND, 'Bama, and PSU were perennial Top 25 teams... what the fooke happened?!!?!?

Bro, you think joining the Big 11 would help ND any? I don't think it would necessarily, but at this point I'd look at anything... I guess it comes down to coaching and recruiting, something ND has had bad luck doing the last 7 years or so...

GO IRISH!!!

Icon.

POJO_Risin
10-03-2004, 12:06 AM
No...the Big 10 wouldn't help the Irish in the least...

I take that back...

honestly Icon...what it WOULD do...would be to make the Irish schedule a little more reasonable...

and put them in a 6 team conference...half-conference...

Perhaps it would lower recruiting expectations a bit...ie...give them an opportunity to recruit DUMBER students...lmfao...

I don't know...perhaps just for the scheduling issue...

conmee
10-03-2004, 08:17 PM
Gents,

It wasn't a complete wash this weekend as the UNLV Runnin' Rebels beat up on intra-state rival Nevada, 48-10 or thereabouts... lol... I always know that ND is having a tough season, when UNLV football is playing better, despite the Mountain West Conference... and of course, my San Diego Chargers put the hurt on the Titans... but damn it all if I can't count on my Irish to win every now and again... bummed out except for the San Diego and UNLV wins this weekend... ugh...

GO IRISH!!!
GO UNLV!!!
GO CHARGERS!!!
GO PADRES!!!
GO KINGS (BB and Hockey)!!!!

Icon.

POJO_Risin
10-04-2004, 12:03 AM
Well...my Bucks got their asses handed to them on a platter by the vaunted Northwestern CornDogs...

My Tribe swept out Minnesota...putting them on a death march to New York...

My Steelers actually looked good today...

Still pissed about the Bucks loss though...fucking CornDogs...

conmee
10-09-2004, 05:57 PM
Gentlemen,

The Irish I think just put away the Stanford Cardinal. I decided not to post play-by-play today until I was fairly certain they'd win, after last week's blowout. Not to mention, when my Runnin' Rebels put away BYU, when the Irish couldn't do the same, I figured I'd just wait and see until how this game played out.

Well, hopefully the Irish defense will keep Stanford down...

GO IRISH!!!

Icon.

POJO_Risin
10-09-2004, 06:56 PM
I think they did...

OSU sucks by the way...just thought I'd throw that in there...lmfao...

conmee
10-10-2004, 08:32 PM
And how 'bout my Chargers in the throwbacks.... They're now 3-2, and Brees is playing like he has a No. 1 draft pick waiting to take his starting job... lol

GO IRISH!!! (beat Stanford)
GO UNLV!!! (beat BYU)
GO CHARGERS!!! (beat Jacksonville)

Icon.

POJO_Risin
10-10-2004, 08:54 PM
Yeah...and the Chargers had a 100 yard rusher....

and it wasn't LT...

lmfao...they actually had a big enough lead...they could rest him...

conmee
10-16-2004, 05:23 PM
Navy's always good for a win... almost like a bye week... lol... I wish the Midshipmen well, however, and hope they win the rest of their games...

GO IRISH!!!

Icon.

POJO_Risin
10-16-2004, 06:18 PM
Christ...even Foust beat them 5 times...

conmee
10-18-2004, 07:02 PM
Hell yeah! The Irish are back among the ranked elite at #24/#25 in both polls... who'da thunk that a victory over undefeated Navy would be the game to bring the Irish back into the fold... lmao

GO IRISH!!!

Icon.

POJO_Risin
10-23-2004, 06:02 PM
Wow...nothing from the great Icon...so I'll run it down until he gets here...

BC scores with a minute left...giving them a 1 point lead...

now...3rd and 5...36 seconds left...the Irish with the ball...at their own 15 yard line...

now...4th and 1...27 seconds left...and ND just used their last time out...

man...looks like BC owns ND...and BC looked bad in the first half....and like a different team in the 2nd half...

good to see Willingham make great adjustments after the first half...

POJO_Risin
10-23-2004, 06:02 PM
Alright...

1st and 10...spiked ball...

make that 2nd and 10...

POJO_Risin
10-23-2004, 06:04 PM
Here we go...shotgun formation...back to pass...nothing...completion...and falls before he gets out of bound...

first down...14 seconds left...need about 30 more yards...

POJO_Risin
10-23-2004, 06:05 PM
First and ten from their own 41 yard line...here we go...need to get it here...back to pass...throws it...had him...great hit though...that would have done it...

well...they are in trouble now...

POJO_Risin
10-23-2004, 06:07 PM
Jesus...Pat Hayden is an idiot...

"Well...if there was ever going to be a hail mary...it would be in this stadium...wouldn't it..."

what a dickhead...like Theisman light...

damn...Notre Dame should have won that...completed pass...time stopped...

and missed field goal...

game over...

These ACC schools...BC joins next year...look alright...

conmee
10-26-2004, 01:06 AM
Pojo,

I was heartbroken this weekend... UNLV was destroyed by Utah, and ND choked again... just couldn't bear it.... at least my Chargers came through with a victory... lol

GO IRISH!!!

Icon.

conmee
11-06-2004, 08:07 PM
Gents,

Just had to check in after the Irish pulled out a road win against Tennessee.... woohoo!!!! lol

GO IRISH!!!!

Icon.

POJO_Risin
11-06-2004, 08:19 PM
They put a hurtin' on Tennessee my brutha...nice win indeed...

conmee
11-06-2004, 08:29 PM
If they can put away Pitt and USC (at USC) in two weeks, that would really screw up the National Championship picture... A&M almost pulled off the OK upset....

GO IRISH!!!

Icon.

POJO_Risin
11-06-2004, 09:24 PM
Yeah...what I don't want is fucking Auburn Oklahoma...in a national title bore...I'm hoping they all get beat...fuck them all...

conmee
11-06-2004, 09:54 PM
Let's see... an 8-3 record, closing out the season with road wins over Tenn and USC... plus the usual Irish bias in the polls, should finish around 10-15 ranking wise, and if we win out a good/BCS bowl, could finish the season in the Top 10 for the first time in what, 10 years?!??

GO IRISH!!!

Icon.

rustoffa
11-06-2004, 10:17 PM
Gotta say, Touchdown Jesus' defense looked mighty impressive today.

Fulmer looked like a man in need of a pineapple upside down cake when he lost another one to the shoulder surgeons.

Good ol' rocky schlock.

If everything works out, the Ga. Dogs will walk the walk and take care of the Tigers/Plainsmen/War Eagles down in Tuberville.

Directions from Athens to Auburn?

Go south 'til you smell shit, then west 'til you step in it.

Va Beach VH Fan
11-12-2004, 07:16 PM
I foresee a damn ugly game tomorrow when Pitt visits the Irish....

When a team loses the prior week in Syracuse, albeit in Double OT, and comes out of it with positive thoughts, you know you're fucked....

POJO_Risin
11-12-2004, 07:55 PM
Well...we'll see...the Irish are very..very close to figuring shit out...

Va Beach VH Fan
11-13-2004, 06:41 PM
Hey fellas, I've been out all day, how bad did the Irish win by ????

conmee
11-13-2004, 11:29 PM
It was a fucking ugly game today... Guess there's always next year....

GO IRISH!!!
GO UNLV!!!!

Icon.

Va Beach VH Fan
11-14-2004, 08:12 AM
Hmmm, quite the succinct answer there, Senor Icon....

You guys really know how to turn Tyler Palko into Johnny Unitas....

Don't fret though, he'll turn around next week and have 120 yds. passing and 3 INT's....

conmee
11-14-2004, 08:10 PM
Let's face it, there's not much to say... I'd say of the 4 losses the Irish have, 2 were due to inferior talent/athletes (Purdue/Pitt) and the other two (BYU, BC) were due to inferior coaching... The team just wasn't prepared for BYU, Willingham got over-confident during the BC game, and the Pitt game was a combo of bad coaching and horrible corners... USC should be a really hoot, with ND being inferior in both coaching and talent by a wide margin. I could still see them pulling out an upset, but even if they do, what good is it with a 7-4 record? They SHOULD have a 9-1 record going into USC, but shoulda/woulda/coulda only gets a coach fired... and well he should be... though I can't see ND not giving him 5 years just like Davie, etc. Maybe Spurrier or Meyer will be available in '07...

GO IRISH!!!
GO UNLV!!!!

Icon.

Brett
11-17-2004, 01:10 AM
USC 45, Notre Dame 7

You heard it here first.

High Life Man
11-17-2004, 12:55 PM
After my boys shit themselves on national TV, I'm predicting an upset!

And a trip to the Rose Bowl!

GO TY!!
GO IRISH!!
GO VAGINA!!

conmee
11-17-2004, 10:38 PM
Now that's the spirit!!! lol

GO IRISH!!!
GO CHARGERS!!!

Icon.

TLR
11-17-2004, 11:07 PM
This is done in good humor...remember that!

Sing the following to the tune of the Notre Dame Fight Song:

I'm an asshole
I'm an asshole
I'm an asshole all the same
But, I'd rather be an asshole
Than to root for Notre Dame

:-)

conmee
11-27-2004, 09:32 PM
Just when I get excited about a possible upset, USC finally brings their A game in the 2nd quarter, and at halftime, it's 17-10, with ND hanging surprisingly well... too bad their corners keep getting burned and the receivers keep dropping passes for the Irish...

GO IRISH!!!

Icon.

conmee
11-27-2004, 10:18 PM
You've got to be fookin' KIDDING me!!!?!?!! Those two trick plays after the timeout in the 3rd, totally show why Willingham needs to be FIRED!!!!! Total loss of momentum....

GO IRISH!!!

Icon.

conmee
11-27-2004, 10:19 PM
USC 20 - ND 10 so far... first penalty of the night.... on the Irish defense... fook!

GO IRISH!!!

Icon.

conmee
11-27-2004, 10:20 PM
GODDAM!!!! USC just scored again... the game is NOW officially over... that last offensive drive by ND resulting in a missed field goal just fookin' decided this game...

GO IRISH!!!

Icon.

POJO_Risin
11-28-2004, 01:54 AM
I was hoping for the upset...alas...it wasn't to be...at least I don't think it was...

I shut it off about the same time you posted this...

but not even Notre Dame can overcome that miracle...

Brett
11-28-2004, 04:40 AM
Originally posted by Brett
USC 45, Notre Dame 7

You heard it here first.

Well I was close. :)

POJO_Risin
11-28-2004, 04:48 AM
what was the final?

conmee
11-28-2004, 11:08 AM
41-10... 31+ point losses three years in a row.... good god... lol

GO IRISH!!!

Icon.

Warham
11-28-2004, 01:16 PM
Another disappointing season.

I'm almost getting used to these 6-5 seasons, and that's a damn shame.

I remember when there would be a suicide watch in South Bend when ND would lose A game.

10-1 used to be a failure of a season. No more.

Brett
11-28-2004, 01:38 PM
When I went to SC we got embarrassed by Notre Dame every year but '89 when we barely lost 28-24. It was truly miserable.

I never thought much of Ty Willingham and I still don't. They had chances yesterday, he made some bad decisions, such as those trick plays that SC rarely falls for. They had a good game plan running the ball, I almost kicked my foot through the TV a few times in that first quarter.

POJO_Risin
11-28-2004, 03:10 PM
A good coach coulda beat USC yesterday...I think...IMO...after the half is where you see a good coach...

and Winningham gets roasted week in and week out...

when you have speed like USC does...you HAVE TO KEEP THE BALL OUT OF THEIR HANDS...

and Notre Dame was moving the ball on the ground...but refused to keep with it...

and USC's big play machine roased them...

USC is the best team in the land...props to USC...2 years running...

Pete does a nice job over there...mainly his recruiting...and he's really improved that Defense...

conmee
01-02-2005, 04:01 PM
I've been gone on holiday the past couple weeks, so I just wanted to put in a final football comment... we shouldn't have even accepted the Insight.com invite given the lackluster play of the team... didn't even play like they wanted to be there... ugly, sad, sad, display of football. Charlie Weis has his work cut out for him...

GO IRISH!!!

Guess basketball and women's soccer aren't doing bad this year... lol

Icon.

POJO_Risin
04-24-2005, 03:08 PM
Here's one for you Icon...

I think Weis is the right guy...not sure why...

maybe because the fucker almost died from having his intestines cut out because he weight 800 fucking pounds...

anyways...the players are fired up...

after the spring game...

Notre Dame fans get first glimpse of Irish under Weis
April 24, 2005
CBS SportsLine.com wire reports

SOUTH BEND, Ind. -- When Joe Montana got a chance to speak to Notre Dame players before the annual spring game he talked about living up to the glory of past Fighting Irish teams.

But after thinking about it for a while, the former quarterback apologized and said he doesn't like looking back. Instead, he told the players to focus on looking ahead.

"I told them this is a special place and it's up to you to make it special," Montana said Saturday. "It hasn't lived up to what outsiders believe it should be and if they wanted to make it special as a football experience, they need to take it upon themselves to try to make that path."

The Irish started down that path Saturday in the spring game, giving fans their first glimpse of the team under new coach Charlie Weis. Although it snowed during much of the game and the 30 mph wind dropped the wind chill to 23 degrees, fans left the stadium with warm feelings.

The 23,324 fans who sat through the cold saw Brady Quinn throw two touchdowns passes and complete 67 percent of his passes. Notre Dame's starting defense had seven sacks as the starters on the Blue team beat the reserves on the Gold 28-6.

"I thought it was beautiful out there today," Weis said. "I thought it was absolutely wonderful."

Weis began his attempt to reconnect to Notre Dame's past by having Montana, Joe Theismann, Tim Brown and Chris Zorich act as honorary coaches. He also tried to begin to build for the future, with as many as 70 high school recruits expected to be in the stands.

His immediate concern, though, was the present. He gave the Irish a C+, singling out Quinn and tailback Darius Walker for their strong play in the scrimmage.

Quinn was 8-of-12 passing for 120 yards, with TD passes of 19 and 12 yards to tight end Anthony Fasano and receiver Rhema McKnight. Walker ran for 83 yards on 25 carries, including a 25-yard run that helped set up the third touchdown.

Montana, Theismann, Zorich and Brown liked what they saw as well, and all praised Weis.

"This guy has all the tools," Brown said. He's obviously won at the highest level of football several times, unfortunately for me, a couple of times. He's a guy who knows how to get it done. So what I tried to expound on these guys today is, you have to pay attention to this guy. You have to believe in what he says because he can take you to where you want to go.

"It may not be this year, it may not happen next year. But certainly in the future you can see him getting this program to the very, very top, where everyone wants to be."

The players said having their predecessors around for the game provided motivation.

"I don't just want to be a part of the Irish tradition," said defensive tackle Trevor Laws. "I want to add to it."

conmee
08-19-2005, 11:23 AM
Gentlemen,

Another glorious year of college football is on the horizon, and with it, hope for a decent Notre Dame season. It's been so bad in recent years, alumni are hoping for "decent" for chrissake!!!

With a new Athletics Center (Guglielmino Athletics Complex) to compete with the Florida/Texas/Cal schools (can you believe ND had such dilapidated facilities... it wasn't the academic standards, hell, 24-Hour Fitness or Bally's had better setup than ND), and Coach Weis breathing new life into the program and pulling out all the stops to re-educate the youth of today about the ND legacy/history, it seems that we are at least pointed in the right direction, after Ty Willingham's monotone and uninspiring leadership left for the cozy confines of Husky Stadium in Seattle.

Anyhow, recruiting didn't turn out as poorly as I thought, despite losing some key recruits...

The schedule of course is no help:

Pitt (road game) - 9/3/05 (Tie)
Michigan (road game) - 9/10/05 (Loss)
Michigan State - 9/17/05 (Tie)
Washington (road game) - 9/24/05 (Win - beating up on Ty Willingham)
Purdue (road game) - 10/1/05 (Tie)
<BYE>
USC - 10/15/05 (Loss)
BYU - 10/22/05 (Win)
<BYE>
Tennessee - 11/5/05 (Loss)
Navy - 11/12/05 (Win)
Syracuse - 11/19/05 (Win)
Stanford (road game) - 11/26/05 (Win)

As I see it, five solid wins against Washington, BYU, Navy, Stanford, and Syracuse (BYU is the only half-decent team in this lineup that could cause problems). Michigan, USC, and Tennessee are pretty much losses. That leaves a record of 5-3. Pitt, MichSt, and Purdue are the toss-up games that will determine whether the Irish have a "winning" season or not. Unless Weis pulls out some Irish magic, this season could just as easily go 5-6 as it could 8-3. The latter would be a respectable start to the Weis era, with an Insight.com-type bowl victory--something ND hasn't accopmlished since 1993 (Bowl win).

Looking forward to the play by play with Pojo this year as we chronicle the ups and downs of the ND season, although Brownsound will certainly chime in with his Crimson Tide commentary as well.

GO IRISH!!!

Icon.

conmee
08-19-2005, 11:27 AM
Shit... I might have to chuck Purdue into the loss column as well... just checked the ESPN preseason rankings... here's how brutal the ND schedule is...

USC #1
Tennessee #3
Michigan #4 (road)
Purdue #16 (road)
Pitt #25 (road)

We need the K-State Athletic Director draw up some scheduling for ND so we can get back into the Top 25... this schedule is a recipe for disaster... lol

GO IRISH!!!

Icon.

Unchainme
08-19-2005, 11:56 AM
Shit... I might have to chuck Purdue into the loss column as well...

:D, My-My How the mighty Have fallen, (Sorry I'm a Purdue Fan.)
, I think you guys will keep the game closer this year though, I also think you guys are going the right way with this coach, Good luck this year.

Va Beach VH Fan
08-19-2005, 08:17 PM
Shit... I might have to chuck Purdue into the loss column as well... just checked the ESPN preseason rankings... here's how brutal the ND schedule is...

USC #1
Tennessee #3
Michigan #4 (road)
Purdue #16 (road)
Pitt #25 (road)

We need the K-State Athletic Director draw up some scheduling for ND so we can get back into the Top 25... this schedule is a recipe for disaster... lol

GO IRISH!!!

Icon.

Icon, you demented old man.... ;)

Come to your senses and put that Pitt game with a "L".....

POJO_Risin
08-19-2005, 08:31 PM
Hmmm...Purdue is ranked high for one reason...and one reason only...no offense to the Purdue fans...

every year someone doesn't have Michigan and OSU on their schedule...and that team is ALWAYS ranked high...and ALWAYS is 20 spots to high...

Purdue isn't as good as many think...decent though...

better than the Irish? I like Weis...but he has as much chance to die on the sideline...as having a winning season...lmfao...

conmee
08-19-2005, 10:33 PM
That last jibe hurt, Pojo.... christ that was a low blow... lmao

GO IRISH!!!

Icon.

Unchainme
08-19-2005, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by POJO_Risin
Hmmm...Purdue is ranked high for one reason...and one reason only...no offense to the Purdue fans...

every year someone doesn't have Michigan and OSU on their schedule...and that team is ALWAYS ranked high...and ALWAYS is 20 spots to high...

Purdue isn't as good as many think...decent though...

better than the Irish? I like Weis...but he has as much chance to die on the sideline...as having a winning season...lmfao...

We got 11 returning on D, 9 returning on O, The last couple of years we have only lost to Ohio State by a couple of points, and Michigan we have kept it close for a few games, If you have watched enough Purude games a s I have most of the games we lose are only by like a Field Goal.

Mr. Vengeance
08-19-2005, 10:59 PM
The Irish will be mighty again! One thing we have on our side is that new Irish coaches tend to have fast starts. The problem has been the subsequent years.

Weis is a ND guy, and he'll get this team on track.

Look for a more potent offense for a change.

Brett
08-20-2005, 02:28 PM
Who's Notre Dame?

POJO_Risin
08-20-2005, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by Unchainme
We got 11 returning on D, 9 returning on O, The last couple of years we have only lost to Ohio State by a couple of points, and Michigan we have kept it close for a few games, If you have watched enough Purude games a s I have most of the games we lose are only by like a Field Goal.

The key term there is lose...

look...no offense...but rare is the day that a team that doesn't play Michigan or OSU in the big team even deserve a mention...win or lose...

I don't think they'll do much...but understand your optimism...

POJO_Risin
08-20-2005, 02:41 PM
ND is a team that's harder to judge as cyclical...because they actually have standards for their football team that fits the university...unlike EVERY other top 10 or 30 school...

including my alma mater...and Brett's...

both excellent academic schools...that have those "special" rules for their football team...

Va Beach VH Fan
08-20-2005, 04:58 PM
including my alma mater...

Yeah, but they have great parties there, so it evens itself out.... ;)

POJO_Risin
08-20-2005, 05:03 PM
Yeah...you can't discount the party factor...lmfao...

conmee
09-04-2005, 10:14 AM
Brethren and Sistren,

Another fine start to a new head coaching career at Notre Dame. The offense looked much better and the defense got the job done, for the most part. But Pitt was over-rated anyhow, so I'm not going to be dancing in the street just yet. But if Weis can keep the Irish competitve this year, expect good things.

Michigan at the Big House will be a better test. And with USC and Tennessee on the schedule as well, next Saturday's game will be a good indicator of whether or not this year is 9-2, 6-5, or 5-6. The players are basically the same as Willingham had, and this season could still go either way in a hurry.

But for now... all is well in South Bend.

GO IRISH!!!
GO UNLV!!!
GO CHARGERS!!!
GO PADRES!!!

Icon.

Mr. Vengeance
09-04-2005, 12:58 PM
Hardest sched in the nation. And they absolutely crushed Pitt, who were overated, but it's still a nice way to start the season.

Brett
09-04-2005, 01:34 PM
Please Pitt blows, they shouldn't have even been ranked. Michigan will be a much better test of where Notre Dame is. And I can't imagine that awful pass defense can stop USC.

POJO_Risin
09-04-2005, 03:48 PM
But...overrated or not...they certainly weren't pushovers...and Notre Dame slaughtered them...

I agree...next year is the game to guage from...but...is Michigan overrated?

Va Beach VH Fan
09-04-2005, 06:38 PM
ND's offensive line was the key, they were pushing the Pitt D-line back 5 yards on every play....

conmee
09-04-2005, 07:48 PM
Michigan is always over-ranked by 5-10 spots... or is it that Lloyd Carr only gets 85% production out of Top 5 recruiting classes... lol

Michigan will indeed be the test, and on the road in the Big House... and sad to say, but I agree with Brett... the pass defense had better improve ALOT between now and the USC game, or Leinert will clinch his second Heisman mid-season...

GO IRISH!!!

Icon.

POJO_Risin
09-05-2005, 09:40 AM
I'd go with the Carr thing...

It's funny how a guy gets entrenched in a place...who is a good coach...at a university that needs a great coach.

The best part about it is that his victories over a worse coach...John Cooper...helped entrench him.

As for ND's secondary...

WTF is a USC fan even worrying about Notre Dame at this stage of the game. They aren't in the same league right now...

jesus h. christ...

Brett...you keep trying to validate how good USC is...WE FUCKING KNOW...THEY'VE WON 2 NCAA'S IN A ROW!

lmfao...

conmee
09-06-2005, 08:20 PM
Well, technically, they've won 2 BCS/AP/ESPN/USAToday trophies. lol

As for the Irish... not in the same league as USC, no way to argue otherwise. But the offense looks good, and if it gets better, then by the time ND plays USC, it will at least be COMPETITIVE. Hell, it was competitive for about 2.5 quarters LAST year until Ty Willingham decided to prove once again why he's the Greatest Coach on the Planet... Sunday thru Friday.... but come Saturday... he's not even MAC, WAC, or Mountain West material. Just take a look at what he did at Washington this past weekend, giving up a 17-6 lead with 10 minutes in the fourth quarter and pinning BYU on its own 1 yard line, only to give up two quick TDs and LOSE!!!! And don't forget the poor clock management at the end of the game as well, when they still could have come back and won. All the dumbass Huskie fans prattle on about how things will turn around, but this is the shit that happened REGULARLY at ND during his three years... losing to teams he should win against, and looking completely outcoached in games he should at least be competitive in.... hell, he was modestly paid and low key and won 55% of his games at Stanford, and that's good enough for a school like Stanford.... but that won't cut it at ND... hell, that won't cut it at WASHINGTON!!! He'll be gone in three years at Washington too, and everyone who bitched about ND not giving him a fair shake, will realize that he just isn't Division I - Top 25 caliber.... and if Stanford had Big 10 or ACC or Big 12 competition in the Pac 10, it would have never made it to a Rose Bowl when they did...

But.... back to the topic....

The Irish are back in the Top 25 in both polls. I think if they keep it close and lose at the Big House, they'll still manage to hover around #24-#25, but if they win, I can see them climbing to around #15... and if they open up the season with two road wins against ranked teams, they deserve to be that high. But I've gotten my hopes up early in the season every year for a decade now, only to have them pretty much dashed by week 4 (except for Willingham's first year)...

So we'll see what the Irish can accomplish this upcoming weekend at Michigan. If Lloyd Carr fooks with his defense and we can control the clock and be successful running the ball, it should be a close one.

GO IRISH!!!

Icon.

Brett
09-06-2005, 09:04 PM
Poj there are two games to win every year....UCLA and Notre Dame. I don't give a shit how bad or good they are. Yes validation every second is necessary. Let me have my fun, god damn it. :)

With that said, Notre Dame looked good last week. Their defense is what is going to cost them this year, especially their pass defense.

conmee
09-06-2005, 09:46 PM
Brett is one of the few USC guys I can respect and appreciate... lol

Michigan and USC are must wins at ND each year (actually Navy is a must win given they haven't beat ND since Staubach was running the offense... but a this would be an altogether different beast if ND loses to Navy... akin to Hawaii or Cal State Northridge beating USC... lol)... if we go 9-2 this year, everyone will be happy, per se, but if those two losses are Michigan and USC... there's a certain lack of lustre to the results...

GO IRISH!!!!

Icon.

Brett
09-06-2005, 10:52 PM
That's what I'm saying, I don't care if SC doesn't win the title this year (I care but it's been a fun run), but if they go 11-1, that one fucking loss better not be to the Irish or the Bruins. I'd almost rather lose to Hawaii....well maybe not...LOL.

Christ, SC didn't beat Notre Dame for like 18 fucking years or something. There was some long ass run from 82-99 or around there. Now I think SC has won the last 4 or 5.

Warham
09-06-2005, 11:10 PM
Lou Holtz never lost to USC while he was at ND. ;)

Brett
09-06-2005, 11:14 PM
Shit dude there's a shitload of coaches in that era that can say that unfortunately.

Little Texan
09-07-2005, 05:27 PM
Great win last week for ND, despite the fact that Pitt was way overranked. This week vs. Michigan will tell us whether they are for real or not. I'm no ND fan by any stretch, but I'd like to see them become an elite program again...too much winning tradition and history at ND for them to be as mediocre as they have been the past decade.

TheManWithNoName
09-10-2005, 02:36 PM
I was looking for a college football thread, and found this one. I don't know who are the Irish fans here, but they are laying a bit of a beating on another overrated team IMO, Michigan.

Pitt proved to be a farce last night losing to Ohio. Michigan losing to Notre Dame this week.

I still think that the ND fans have some questions to answer, but to walk in the Big House, and beat them (if they win), would be huge, and right now, you have to look at Weis as the real deal.

and Lloyd Carr. Am I the only one that thinks this guy is the, one of the most overrated coaches in the country? Michigan plays like rotten garbage in big games.

Mr. Vengeance
09-10-2005, 02:40 PM
It's a huge win if they hold on. Michigan is a tough team. I'm loving this, even if the Irish haven't moved the ball in the second half yet!

TheManWithNoName
09-10-2005, 02:56 PM
Fumble Notre Dame. Third Down for the Wolverines--nope. Michigan has to go for it. 4th and Goal. Weis calls a time out.

You know, the thing about Weis that the Irish has to look out for. Is he there for the haul, or will he be looking to snag a Pro Job if he has one of those years that nobody expects.

VHdamaco
09-10-2005, 02:56 PM
shit...

here comes the goal line stand that will make or break notre dame's season...

i hope they can hold on so i can rub it in the face of my ex girlfriend who goes to michigan...

TheManWithNoName
09-10-2005, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by VHdamaco
shit...

here comes the goal line stand that will make or break notre dame's season...

i hope they can hold on so i can rub it in the face of my ex girlfriend who goes to michigan...

It's funny that ND fans have to look at a goal line stand in teh 4th quarter of the 2nd game as their whole season.

Well, it looks like, if according to that, you'll have a great season.

Michigan just isn't a good football team.

TheManWithNoName
09-10-2005, 03:09 PM
Here we go again.

It looks like a fumble. They have to slow it down, but it was out a long time before he went down.

TheManWithNoName
09-10-2005, 03:12 PM
Griese and this other douchebag are dipshits. You can clearly see the ball fall in the replay from behind the qb, bouncing to the ground before his knee touches.

TheManWithNoName
09-10-2005, 03:13 PM
That was the right call. Notre Dame with the Ball, and you have to think that this game is over, as is Michigan's chance at a national title. It's a good time to lose though.

TheManWithNoName
09-10-2005, 03:17 PM
How in the hell was THAT A FUCKING FUMBLE? And there was a referee right there.

VHdamaco
09-10-2005, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by TheManWithNoName
It's funny that ND fans have to look at a goal line stand in teh 4th quarter of the 2nd game as their whole season.

Well, it looks like, if according to that, you'll have a great season.

Michigan just isn't a good football team.

lol...

nah man, im not a ND fan, just the way things go in college football, a stand like that does define a season...

ha...

4 minutes until a BIG upset, glad i picked them in my college football pick 'em....

TheManWithNoName
09-10-2005, 03:28 PM
HUGE TD by Michigan. Looked bad all game, and are only 7 back now. ND couldn't put them away, and now it may cost them.

Mr. Vengeance
09-10-2005, 03:29 PM
ND doing their best to blow this one. That's what happens when you don't move the ball all second half.

TheManWithNoName
09-10-2005, 03:33 PM
It doesn't seem to be a Weis move to get conservative either. But they've looked awful, and Michigan's defense really isn't that good.

2:00 left in the game. Michigan actually should be up in this game.

Did I just see Michigan fans doing the tomahawk chop?

FasterPussycat
09-10-2005, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by TheManWithNoName
It doesn't seem to be a Weis move to get conservative either. But they've looked awful, and Michigan's defense really isn't that good.

2:00 left in the game. Michigan actually should be up in this game.

Did I just see Michigan fans doing the tomahawk chop?

I think you are an Alias...

Mr. Vengeance
09-10-2005, 03:46 PM
You know.....no matter how good a team ND has, haters will say they are overated. No matter who they beat, the haters will claim that the team they beat was overated. They can't win. The haters never give ND any credit whatsoever. ND just beat #3. Period.

TheManWithNoName
09-10-2005, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Vengeance
You know.....no matter how good a team ND has, haters will say they are overated. No matter who they beat, the haters will claim that the team they beat was overated. They can't win. The haters never give ND any credit whatsoever. ND just beat #3. Period.

So I'm a Notre Dame hater? I'm no fan of either Michigan, or Notre Dame. Hey, if you are a Notre Dame fan, and you can live with "ND just beat #3," and actually believe it, fine. Here's what I know. ND handed Pitt their ass last week. Ohio University handed Pitt their ass last night. Michigan was up by three at halftime to central Michigan University of skinny Nuns, before pulling away by a couple of TD's. They looked bad. ND comes in and puts up 45 yards of offense in the 2nd half, and beats Michigan, who has yet to look good for even 1 quarter. They are overrated, and Notre Dame is a bit underrated. But I still don't think they've played a team worth mentioning yet. Your support for the #3 is what? A preseason ranking? Mine are the actual games. A good team beats the University of skinny nuns by 40 points, not by 2 late TD's.

Notre Dame got a nice win, and no doubt they are better than they have been in the past. But no way did they beat a top 5 or 10 team, or this year is a real dropoff from the past.

Mr. Vengeance
09-10-2005, 04:12 PM
Ohio handed Pitt their ass? They won 16-10 in ot.

Like I said, the haters will always find a reason to downplay any big ND win. ND and Michigan fought each other hard, with ND coming out as the winner. Why does it have to be that Michigan sucks rather than ND played a good game? Why does it have to be that PITT sucked rather than ND just being that much better?

TheManWithNoName
09-10-2005, 04:21 PM
I NEVER SAID MICHIGAN SUCKS! I SAID THEY WERE OVERRATED! I also can pretty much tell you that Pitt sucks. No, Pitt didn't get their ass handed to them by Ohio University. But dude, they lost to Ohio University. OVERRATED! QUIT TRYING TO ACT LIKE SOME FUCKING POOR LITTLE BOY WHINING ABOUT YOUR BOOKS ALWAYS GETTING KNOCKED OUT OF YOUR HAND!

Pitt sucks. They are 0-2, and when you chalk up Ohio University as one of the losses, and you can only put up 10 points IN OT against them, you suck. That's a fact.

ND, AS I SAID you whining bitch, is underrated this year. I'm sorry, you must want everyone to christen them a top 5 team because the beat a michigan team that barely beat a bunch of nuns last week.

Look, I don't know you, and apologize a bit for going off. But what I'm being is unbiased here. I said it was a great win for them in the Big House, but again, if you think this Michigan team is up there with the other top 10 teams after watching them the past two weeks, then you just don't know much about college football.

ND is good, and should be ranked. But if you can only put 45 yards on the board in the 2nd half, against a team who's weakness by their own coaching staff is run defense, you have an issue or 2.

Right now, I can see ND going 4-1, or 5-0 going into the USC game. Then you can look first hand at how good ND is, and how you compare this Michigan team (that will lose perhaps 4 games this year) to that USC team.

TheManWithNoName
09-10-2005, 04:24 PM
I can't believe you were arguing the point that the Pitt loss last night wasn't a big deal because it was 16-10 in OT AGAINST OHIO!

Maybe you didn't know this: Ohio University isn't Ohio State University!

Maybe you didn't know that Ohio University sucks ass, and probably hadn't beaten anyone of note in, well, EVER!

Mr. Vengeance
09-10-2005, 04:43 PM
Get a grip dude.........

Talk about getting worked up over nothing. You must be a devil with the ladies.

TheManWithNoName
09-10-2005, 04:48 PM
Feel free to admit that you have no idea with what you are talking about when it comes to college football at any time. I'll accept notes so you won't be embarassed.

And thanks for being concerned with how I am with the ladies. Don't worry, while you are crying in the corner whining about the haters, I'll be doing just fine.

TheManWithNoName
09-10-2005, 04:57 PM
Look Vengeance, forget about it. I didn't start posting here to get in a flame war about 2 teams I could give a shit less about. Admittedly, it's good to see Notre Dame at 2-0. College Football is a better game when Notre Dame is at the top of theirs.

conmee
09-11-2005, 01:17 AM
Gentlemen, gentlemen... no need to go at each other... it's all good... I'm an Irish fan and alumni, and I can tell you that Michigan tends to be overrated, and given the benefit of the doubt, much like ND gets on occasion, by the press. Sometimes both schools ride a few spots higher in the polls because of their PAST achievements.

At any rate, this is a good start for the Irish, and hopefully they can meet USC later this year as an undefeated team... now that will be a great game to come.

GO IRISH!!!!

Icon.

Va Beach VH Fan
09-11-2005, 08:07 AM
Gotta give the props to the Irish, great start...

Got a tough(er) stretch coming up though, we'll see....

POJO_Risin
09-11-2005, 10:21 AM
Well...as for Notre Dame...I think they have what...back to back tough ones coming up...Purdue, then USC? Are those games back to back?

I wouldn't mind seeing them go up against USC undefeated. I can't fathom USC losing a game this year, but it would be good theatre.

Props to the Irish dumping Michigan. I don't know if Michigan is overrated, or is just playing tight for whatever reason.

I think...both of the teams we saw today are top 20 middle of the pack teams. ND got shut down in the 2nd half offensively, and did some shutting down of their own.

I don't think anyone thought ND would get through their first 2 games undefeated.

they have to watch out for a let down.

conmee
09-11-2005, 02:31 PM
Agree with all points Pojo...

I'm hoping what we saw, at least from ND's perspective, was a solid defensive performance... it will be that kind of defense that will keep the Irish, at least "in the game" v. USC. Of course, there won't be any "in the game" if the offense doesn't regain some of it's Pitt form. In order to even have a chance at beating USC, they'll need to play defense like they did yesterday (liked seeing the great defensive stands in the red zone), but play offense like they did at Pitt and during the first drive of the UM game. That first drive looked like pure Patriots... methodical, precise, well-oiled machine. I think once UM settled down, however, maybe the talent (arguably the Irish have Top 20 rather than Top 10 talent with years of Davie and Willingham and higher academic standards taking their toll) was to blame for lack of execution against a pretty good UM defense.

At any rate, the next few games aren't that tough a stretch. There's Michigan State at South Bend, which is imminently winnable. Followed by games at Washington (they suck). So the Irish should be 4-0 heading into a road game at Purdue (explosive offense).

After that, the tough part of the schedule kicks in. Although the Irish have 5 straight home games, they are against USC, BYU, Tennessee (if they win these three, they've essentially won the national championship -- that would be wins against 3 of the Top 5 teams including #1 USC, #3 Michigan, #4 Tenn -- but I'm not going to get ahead of myself... this could well be 3 straight losses with BYU always giving ND fits the past few years.

And the season ends with games at Navy, Syracuse, and Stanford.

All in all, if they go into the USC game at 5-0, there's no reason not to expect the season ends with a 9-2 record and a BCS Bowl, assuming the only losses are USC and Tennessee. That would be about as good a start for Charlie Weis as anyone could hope for. A win against either USC or Tennessee, and a 10-1 ND team would be in the hunt for the national championship this year. An ND-USC title game would right the college football universe, much like an Oklahoma-Alabama game... getting a title game with two storied programs would be awesome, especially if it didn't involve those Florida teams... lol...

GO IRISH!!!!

Icon.

POJO_Risin
09-11-2005, 05:03 PM
9-2 would exceed expectations for sure...

and it's good...lmfao...to see you not looking to far ahead!

We shall see...I have a feeling this year is going to get strange before the end...

conmee
09-11-2005, 09:25 PM
Hey, I'm not looking ahead... I said it's just as easy to see ND go 0-3 in that stretch than 3-0... in fact, odds are probably good that 1-2 during that stretch is realistic.

Anyhow, surprised at how the AP put ND in at #10 and USA Today put them at #12. Admittedly, Texas and ND had the two most impressive road wins against Top 5 teams, so I can see it justified, but I was thinking in the #12-#14 range was more realistic. Guess the AP just added 4 spots because of the ND history. lol

GO IRISH!!!

Icon.

POJO_Risin
09-11-2005, 09:37 PM
Well...at least they kept OSU in the top 10...although losing at home...and I don't care to who...should drop you 10 spots minimum...

POJO_Risin
09-11-2005, 09:37 PM
That being said...I think Purdue is going to prove to be another overrated big 11 team...

conmee
09-18-2005, 02:12 AM
Well shite.... can't simply hide on those weekends when the Irish end up losing... lol

Great game, two great QB performances... the only part that sucked were the two Irish turnovers and the ending... lol... that's what the team gets for spotting MSU a 21 point lead.

Alot of football left to be played this year... just hope it's closer to 8-3 than 6-5.... lol

GO IRISH!!!!

Icon.

Mr. Vengeance
09-18-2005, 11:36 AM
Well shite.... can't simply hide on those weekends when the Irish end up losing... lol

Great game, two great QB performances... the only part that sucked were the two Irish turnovers and the ending... lol... that's what the team gets for spotting MSU a 21 point lead.

Alot of football left to be played this year... just hope it's closer to 8-3 than 6-5.... lol

GO IRISH!!!!

Icon.

ND got the screw job. A TD that wasn't for State and a TD that SHOULD HAVE been for ND....To come back from 21 points down, only to have to play that idiotic version of OT.....I was fucking livid yesterday. Of course the ND haters are out in force, yelling about overated all over the internet and sports radio.....

POJO_Risin
09-18-2005, 11:59 AM
I don't think Notre Dame is overrated at all. I think they have a good coach...who IS getting more out of them than previous coaches.

I'm not a Notre Dame hater...just an unbias onlooker. I followed Notre Dame as a kid, and the only time I didn't like them was when Lou Holtz was their coach, because I can't stand Holtz (good coach though). My family is a Notre Dame family (how can you not be when you are a family loaded with catholics). I just happened to stay home and go against the grain and follow Ohio State.

As far as a screw job, wake the fuck up. You won't agree, but I watched the same game you did. Notre Dame lost, plain and simple. A team came in pumped up to beat them, and they did. What you should be happy with is that Notre Dame is 2-1, and not 1-2, or even 0-3. You come off of several seasons of sucking, and now expect every call, and to what...roll through the season undefeated?

Here's what I saw. A Notre Dame team overcoming adversity to nearly win a game that to be honest, they would have laid down for in the past 10 seasons. You've got a team now. Quit bitching about what could've or should've been. Of course there are a lot of Notre Dame haters saying they are overrated, there always have been, and always will be. That's what happens when you are a supporter of a team that was more than great since the 1930's. That's what happen when you have an entire culture (catholics) supporting you. That's what happens when you are America's team. Live with it, and quit fucking bitching about it, unless of course, when a team you don't like loses, and you don't say a word.

I don't know you very well Vengeance, but judging from your posts about the Irish, something tells me you are an EXTREME vocal artist when someone you deam to be on your hate list loses.

There's nothing wrong with it, that's what being a fan is all about. The only thing I CAN'T stand, is when people bitch about officiating, unless one call absolutely ends a game. The facts are this. Notre Dame overcame bad officiating to get the game into overtime. They had an EQUAL chance at winning...as a matter of fact...had a more than equal chance at winning...being that they were playing in a sea of Irish. They didn't. As Larry Coker said a few years ago after Miami got the screw job (even I admit that) against OSU, "We still should have won the game, and there's no excuse for not."

You play with what you get, and that's the bottom line.

Brett
09-18-2005, 02:21 PM
I was born to hate Notre Dame, and I do.

I'm also a fair football fan (at least I think), and I don't think they're overrated at all, and Weis is doing a great job with not the world's greatest talent. I give credit where credit is dude, hell I said hoped ND would be undefeated when they play USC so the game would really mean something this year again. You have had a lot to cheer about already.

Yes everyone hates ND, are you new here? That's what happens when you claim to be "god's team" and you got Knute Rockne, and great players, and great tradition, and that god damn fucking fight song. Nobody wants to see you win, except your fans. The Irish is the team everyone loves to hate and ride. Shit when most programs go down the tubes, nobody even cares. With Notre Dame, everyone cares, whether they love them or hate them.

However, they were not screwed by the officials, and your fucking bitching about that is just ridiculous man. They lost the game. Shit there were a few lousy calls against Michigan last week, and I didn't see you bitching about that. You gladly took them.

I don't mind someone being huge fan of a team or school, but to be some homer that continually believes that officiating is screwing them, the world is unfair, blah blah blah. Two teams had a chance to win yesterday, Michigan St. made the plays, they won the game. Live with it and stop crying about it.

Take a lesson from Conmee. Win with pride, lose with dignity.

Mr. Vengeance
09-18-2005, 04:23 PM
I don't think Notre Dame is overrated at all. I think they have a good coach...who IS getting more out of them than previous coaches.

I'm not a Notre Dame hater...just an unbias onlooker. I followed Notre Dame as a kid, and the only time I didn't like them was when Lou Holtz was their coach, because I can't stand Holtz (good coach though). My family is a Notre Dame family (how can you not be when you are a family loaded with catholics). I just happened to stay home and go against the grain and follow Ohio State.

As far as a screw job, wake the fuck up. You won't agree, but I watched the same game you did. Notre Dame lost, plain and simple. A team came in pumped up to beat them, and they did. What you should be happy with is that Notre Dame is 2-1, and not 1-2, or even 0-3. You come off of several seasons of sucking, and now expect every call, and to what...roll through the season undefeated?

Here's what I saw. A Notre Dame team overcoming adversity to nearly win a game that to be honest, they would have laid down for in the past 10 seasons. You've got a team now. Quit bitching about what could've or should've been. Of course there are a lot of Notre Dame haters saying they are overrated, there always have been, and always will be. That's what happens when you are a supporter of a team that was more than great since the 1930's. That's what happen when you have an entire culture (catholics) supporting you. That's what happens when you are America's team. Live with it, and quit fucking bitching about it, unless of course, when a team you don't like loses, and you don't say a word.

I don't know you very well Vengeance, but judging from your posts about the Irish, something tells me you are an EXTREME vocal artist when someone you deam to be on your hate list loses.

There's nothing wrong with it, that's what being a fan is all about. The only thing I CAN'T stand, is when people bitch about officiating, unless one call absolutely ends a game. The facts are this. Notre Dame overcame bad officiating to get the game into overtime. They had an EQUAL chance at winning...as a matter of fact...had a more than equal chance at winning...being that they were playing in a sea of Irish. They didn't. As Larry Coker said a few years ago after Miami got the screw job (even I admit that) against OSU, "We still should have won the game, and there's no excuse for not."

You play with what you get, and that's the bottom line.

That's a load of shit. You're right, you don't know shit about me. I cheer hard and I hate when my team gets fucked out of a game. That's what happened yesterday. ND got fucked. Two calls- one td for State that was clearly dropped, and they don't even review the thing. Another TD for ND where replay clearly shows the ball breaking the plane and it's reviewed and STILL is not called a td. That's where the robbery comes from.

All game long flags were all over the field agaist the Irish. You can call a fucking penalty every fucking play of every fucking game if you wanted to. That's why I can't stand a game where you have a half with a lopsided penalty total.

It's fine if people hate ND, but at least they could use their brains. I'm an Eagles fan and I hate the Dallas Cowboys, but I at least admitted when they were dominant. I didn't make excuses every time they won a game. If they beat someone, I wasn't whining that their opponent was overated. Which is all I see with ND. What being supported by Catholics has to do with this, I don't know. I know plenty of Catholics who don't like ND and plenty on non-Catholics who do. I hate Florida State, but I'm not constantly screaming their opponents are overated.

When my teams get beaten, I admit it. I ripped the Eagles more than anyone last week. When my teams get screwed, I bitch about it. Don't like it, too fucking bad!

Mr. Vengeance
09-18-2005, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by Brett
I was born to hate Notre Dame, and I do.

I'm also a fair football fan (at least I think), and I don't think they're overrated at all, and Weis is doing a great job with not the world's greatest talent. I give credit where credit is dude, hell I said hoped ND would be undefeated when they play USC so the game would really mean something this year again. You have had a lot to cheer about already.

Yes everyone hates ND, are you new here? That's what happens when you claim to be "god's team" and you got Knute Rockne, and great players, and great tradition, and that god damn fucking fight song. Nobody wants to see you win, except your fans. The Irish is the team everyone loves to hate and ride. Shit when most programs go down the tubes, nobody even cares. With Notre Dame, everyone cares, whether they love them or hate them.

However, they were not screwed by the officials, and your fucking bitching about that is just ridiculous man. They lost the game. Shit there were a few lousy calls against Michigan last week, and I didn't see you bitching about that. You gladly took them.

I don't mind someone being huge fan of a team or school, but to be some homer that continually believes that officiating is screwing them, the world is unfair, blah blah blah. Two teams had a chance to win yesterday, Michigan St. made the plays, they won the game. Live with it and stop crying about it.

Take a lesson from Conmee. Win with pride, lose with dignity.

name me one fucking lousy call against Michigan last week.

Brett
09-18-2005, 07:13 PM
Well the one fumble that wasn't a fumble in the end zone for one, because there was no way the official could see enough to overturn it. You couldn't tell what the hell was going on when the ball was loose. That call never should be overturned, there was nothing at all conclusive about it. Shit even Weis said he was surprised they changed that one. That was a huge play in the game, don't ya think?. There was also a pass interference call late in the game that they let go as well. Those are two that come to mind.

You're a whiner, end of freaking story. Oh I didn't get into a car crash yesteday on the way to the game dickbrain. Sorry to disappoint you. Maybe you should just wish death, that might be better. :rolleyes: Jackass. Rather ironic you're a fan of a Catholic school team with your fucking hateful attitude.

Shitheads like you remind me why I love seeing USC beat the hell out of you guys every year now.

Mr. Vengeance
09-18-2005, 07:28 PM
You are an idiot. If you actually looked at the fucking replay, you see the white stripe on the fucking ball on the ground right away. So, why don't you just shut the fuck up. It was a fumble. Plain and simple. What, did you nt see them circling the fucking ball with the telestrator 10 times????? Obviously you're too busy hating on ND to have any objective opinion.

Fuck you. Go die.

BITEYOASS
09-18-2005, 10:54 PM
Oh fuck yeah!!!! 44-41 in OT! The best news I've heard about MSU in several years!

conmee
09-19-2005, 02:26 AM
Gentlemen, gentlemen.... lol :)

Pojo makes some valid points... we have a coach and a TEAM that didn't lie down and die, as it has done all too often in the past... a competitve game, overcoming 21 points, mistakes (missed FG, inteception run back for TD, etc), and an inspired opponent, you can't ask for more than that in a college football game... oh, well, a win would have been nice.... lol

I generally don't like to go after the officials unless it's a patently ridiculous game-ending decision like the Miami-OSU game to decide a championship... the officiating in this game, whether anything was questionable or not, wouldn't have even been a factor if our kicker put a little more leg into that field goal he missed, and if Brady Quinn would have been more accurate... in fact, Quinn had a great day, BUT... if there were a coupld of passes that were thrown in FRONT of the receiver instead of BEHIND, and if Stovall wouldn't have been called for illegal block in back during that one run for a TD by Walker, and there might not have even been an OT...

I still have high hopes for the season, and if ND can take care of business against Washington and Purdue, a 4-1 ND team playing a #1 USC team will still be good football with national title implications...

The closest I can say to "hating" a team is probably USC or Michigan, but if this trend continues, I'll have to add MSU to the list... lol but there's alot of respect there for those programs and their histories.

I don't mind the ND haters... all the successful programs have passionate people on the for and against side of the fence... I'd even argue it's those teams that have passionate fans/haters that validate truly great programs... and ND, USC, 'Bama, Oklahoma, Michigan, the truly legendary programs that have had success over decades... there's something to be said for that...

GO IRISH!!!
GO CHARGERS!!!
GO UNLV!!!!
GO PADRES!!!
(shite, all my teams lost this week, except the Padres!!! and I'm not sure how happy I should be that they could be the first game to win a division with a LOSING record... lol)

Icon

Mr. Vengeance
09-19-2005, 12:33 PM
Yeah, but conmee, 14 points is 14 points.

POJO_Risin
09-24-2005, 03:53 PM
Oh good...the Notre Dame game is on...

POJO_Risin
09-24-2005, 03:56 PM
Good ole' Willingham...Hey...he was what...choice #3 when they hired him?...or was it four...behind Gruden, Stoops and O'Leary...

Now they have Weis...who was behind a few...as well...

Mr. Vengeance
09-24-2005, 05:49 PM
Christ....If ND wasn't getting some big turnovers, this game would be completely different.

ND is just moving the ball with ease between the 20s, and then they can't do anything else.

Washington could easily be up in this one. I'm not too happy with my boys right now, but we're winning.....

POJO_Risin
09-24-2005, 06:03 PM
I don't know about you...but this game is excruciatingly painful to watch...

Mr. Vengeance
09-24-2005, 06:17 PM
Try being a fan of one of the teams....

POJO_Risin
09-24-2005, 06:21 PM
Washington's horrible...Notre Dame can't put them away...you are correct...they haven't been playing well in the red zone today...a lot like last year...

conmee
09-24-2005, 06:32 PM
Gentlemen... I'm out here in Seattle and the weather is beautiful. The game has been difficult to watch. The team hasn't been quite as sharp, and if not for Willingham and his UW team's mistakes, this could be a much different game.

At any rate, UW has been able to really attack the ND secondary, and even Bob Greise mentioned that if they don't get alot better, Leinart and USC are going to eat up the ND defense.

I'll feel better about the D if they put a hurt on Purdue. But I think the USC-ND game in a couple weeks could turn ugly if Weis doesn't get the defense more focused.

GO IRISH!!!

Icon.

Mr. Vengeance
09-24-2005, 06:41 PM
Purdue might be a little pissed after losing to Minn today....

POJO_Risin
09-24-2005, 07:09 PM
Purdue isn't as good as labeled...they were ranked soley because they don't play Michigan and Ohio State...

conmee
09-24-2005, 10:36 PM
Shit... just finished watching the Oregon USC game... USC spots Oregon 13 points and then goes on to score 45 unanswered points.... Bush is the real deal... looks like a pro back running against high schoolers... good god... and Leinart runs the offense damn near flawlessly...

And Michigan is looking like the annual frauds that they are.... Lloyd Carr is a GREAT coach if you want to avg. 8 wins a year and 1 split-championship every 10-15 years, but he just doesn't get the most out of all the talent UM gets each year.

GO IRISH!!!

Icon.

Mr. Vengeance
09-25-2005, 11:27 AM
Purdue isn't as good as labeled...they were ranked soley because they don't play Michigan and Ohio State...

Doesn't mean they aren't going to be pissed....

POJO_Risin
09-25-2005, 02:25 PM
Who's talking about being pissed?

FACT: Purdue is overrated. Who cares if they are fucking pissed...

POJO_Risin
09-25-2005, 02:27 PM
Fact is...if you're pissed, and not as good as advertised...then it doesn't matter...

Oh...I know...the pissed factor will outweigh the "overrated" factor when Notre Dame plays them...

gotcha...

Mr. Vengeance
09-25-2005, 09:14 PM
No, I just think they'll go into the game vs. ND with a chip on their shoulder. Has nothing to do with whether they're overated or not. I'm sure they thought they should win.

POJO_Risin
09-25-2005, 10:45 PM
Yeah...and if Notre Dame is a good team...

then it won't matter if they have a chip on their shoulder...will it...

Mr. Vengeance
09-26-2005, 11:57 AM
Nope it won't. Pojo, no one's arguing with you here. But I like to look at all factors and I think that Purdue will be up for the game even more than usual after a big loss.

POJO_Risin
09-27-2005, 12:18 AM
lmfao...

I'll agree with that...

conmee
09-27-2005, 11:20 AM
This is a MUST-WIN for the Irish!!! hahah Well, semi-seriously, it will make for a better hype build-up if the Irish are in shouting distance or in the Top 10 when the showdown with USC takes place in a few weeks.

If the Irish lose big to USC, they may drop to the 20-25 spot, if they keep it under 10 points, the drop 2-3 spots, and if they win, they'll probably sit around #5.

All assuming they actually beat Purdue... lol... if they lose to Purdue, my guess is 2 more losses to USC and Tenn will give the Irish a 7-4 season... and a disappointing one at that.... 8-3 is really what it will take, plus a Gator/Other Bowl win to call this season an unquestionable success. Anything less would be uncivilized. lol

GO IRISH!!!

Icon.

conmee
10-02-2005, 02:33 PM
Gentlemen,

The Irish did their job, and from an offensive standpoint, pummelled the Boilermakers...

Now at 4-1, the Irish are right where I thought they'd be (although I thought the one loss was coming from Michigan, not MSU). And USC once again spotted a team a huge lead, only to bludgeon the opposition in the second half...

If both the USC and ND defenses play as poorly as they have (USC due to injury, ND due to youth), it will be a high scoring game on both sides. Then it will come down to which offense can put up the most points... actually I guess that's how most games always are won, right? lmao... Well, I think USC has more firepower, so on paper, I would figure USC offense will outscore ND offense, with the defenses a wash. If that's the case, special teams might be the X factor. ASU showed that on occasion, you can have success against the USC special teams... but will it be enough... who knows...

One of the dummies "went on record" saying USC was going to put up 50 points on the Irish... now, he didn't say that ND would put up 49 or 51 points themselves, and Lou Holtz said he had to ask his wife what to say... meaning he's pulling for ND, but doesn't want to be on record for a whole week predicting a USC win... lmao

However, I'll go on record and say that both teams' defenses know they are a bit maligned, and that they will play inspired against the opposing offenses. I still think both teams will score in the 30s, but I can't see either team breaking down on either side of the ball long enough to let the score run up.

And I think this will be the game of the year in terms of coaching matchups... a defensive mind v. an offensive mind. And I think it will look much like an NFL game with lots of schemes, routes, plays, formations that 99% of the rest of the college football universe will look at and go "Why don't I think of stuff like that?" or "How can I get my team to run that kind of offense/defense/etc?"

Weis will have two weeks to get ready... this week to study USC film the last two weeks and to focus the defense, and come up with some interesting twists to the offense.

It will be all good and a great environment at ND for a college football game. It could be a game for the ages...

GO IRISH!!!

Icon.

Brett
10-02-2005, 04:24 PM
Gonna be a great game, see if Weis can outcoach Pete Carrroll, because nobody has done it yet. I think USC's defense is better than people are giving them credit for. They played pretty well against that ASU offense yesterday, with 5 int's against a guy that hadn't thrown one in 130 attempts.

I have a feeling it's going to be more defensive than we think, especially if the weather is bad.

Of course SC needs to take care of business first with a bad Arizona team next week. I refuse to the cart in front of the horse. :)

Either way, it's gonna be a great match-up. 'Bout fucking time too.

conmee
10-02-2005, 04:54 PM
This is just a copy of my post in College Game Day thread... don't want to have to search for all this record info down the road... lmao...

Now we're talkin'!!!!! lol

Props to my Chargers, btw... 41-17 thrashing of the Champs in New England... Maybe this is the year a team that starts 0-2 wins their conference and gets into the playoffs... lol

Back to college...

Alot of what Brett says about running offenses and schemes, etc, is what will make the USC-ND game probably the best game of the year, period. An NFL defensive coordinator and head coach v. an offensive coordinator having 4 Super Bowl rings leading the offense for Parcells and Belichick... I think we'll see a chess match in this game between Weis and Carroll, and it will be which team executes the gameplan better who ends up with the win. Can't wait!

ND pretty much had winning records against every opponent they've played multiple times... that is until Davie and Willingham came to town... since then the Irish have a losing record against UM and have major losses to Pac-10 teams like Oregon State and crappy ACC teams like NC State. Here's some interesting records:

ND-USC - 42-29-5 (now this is a rivalry... 5 TIES!!!!)
ND-Michigan - 14-18-1 (bastards)
ND-MSU - 43-25-1
ND v. 'Bama - 5-1-0
ND v. AZ - 2-1-0
ND v. ASU - 2-0-0
ND v. CAL - 4-0-0
ND v. Florida - 1-0-0
ND v. FSU - 3-4-0
ND v. LSU - 5-4-0
ND v. Miami - 15-7-1
ND v. OK - 8-1-0
ND v. PenSt - 8-8-1 (another good rivalry if they played more)
ND v. Tenn - 3-4-0
ND v. Texas - 8-2-0

The only Pac-10 team that ND has a losing record against is 0-1 against Oregon State (that 2000 Fiesta Bowl debacle.. thanks Bob!). And in terms of traditional powers, only Michigan, FSU, and Tennessee have winning records against Notre Dame, but it's close.

GO IRISH!!!

Brett
10-03-2005, 12:49 PM
What fucked USC up was the fact that they didn't win a game from '82-2000!

conmee
10-03-2005, 03:05 PM
Yeah, the rivalry was more even prior to that stretch... lol

It's just been a long time since both teams were great and that's a key ingredient to a rivalry... sure, Navy is also a rival, but 72-9-2 or whatever does not make it a good one.. lol

Having both teams in contention is also good, because if USC or ND beat the other, and they are both highly ranked, that goes a long way to fueling one team's national championship hopes. And I think it does USC good, since alot of East Coast bias, so to speak, ranks ND as their only legit competition year in year out on the schedule... given that the Pac-10 doesn't get the national respect it probably deserves. On the flip side, ND's strength of schedule is always high at the start of the year due to UM, MSU, and Purdue always being over-rated, and when those teams drop from the polls, it's really up to USC and the 1 or 2 SEC/Big12/ACC games ND schedules to keep it's strength of schedule high. ND has played 4 teams so far that were/are ranked at one point or another this season, with two having dropped out (and washington was added years ago when it was actually a power)... so both teams benefit by playing each other and staying competetive.

GO IRISH!!!

Icon.

Brett
10-03-2005, 10:37 PM
The last time I remember the USC/ND game really meaning something was 1988 when ND was #1 and USC was #2, and you fuckers beat us at the Coliseum.

redblkwht
10-04-2005, 01:16 AM
Icon im pulling for you guys
this week, we need an upset!!
Beat USC, enough already..

But ill tell you what im digging
the old school teams
back on the map..

conmee
10-04-2005, 02:19 AM
It's in two weeks RBW... USC needs to steamroll Arizona with their second string players before heading to South Bend... lol

GO IRISH!!!

Icon.

Brett
10-04-2005, 03:52 AM
Yes we get to play a Division II school this week...oh I mean Arizona. I'm wondering when Mike Stoops will just resign. They're fucking hopeless in Tucson.

conmee
10-08-2005, 03:33 AM
Folks,

I never use my webbie powers for anything but good purposes... but this is really the only forum I hang out in, and I don't like having to look for my Irish thread... so I've stickied it...

True, if we let everyone get away with that, Pojo would have a stickied OSU thread, and Brown would sticky a 'Bama thread, but fuck it... I don't get shit my way when it comes to who we should hire/fire, ban/unban, etc... so this is my one perk... lol

GO ICON!!!

Icon.

conmee
10-08-2005, 03:41 AM
And I just checked... my beloved UNLV Runnin' Rebels are in the ESPN Bottom Ten for the third week at 1-4... they are now mathematically out of the running for the national championship... lol

GO IRISH!!!
GO UNLV!!!
GO PADRES!!!

Icon.

Va Beach VH Fan
10-08-2005, 03:43 PM
Folks,

I never use my webbie powers for anything but good purposes... but this is really the only forum I hang out in, and I don't like having to look for my Irish thread... so I've stickied it...

True, if we let everyone get away with that, Pojo would have a stickied OSU thread, and Brown would sticky a 'Bama thread, but fuck it... I don't get shit my way when it comes to who we should hire/fire, ban/unban, etc... so this is my one perk... lol

GO ICON!!!

Icon.

You bastard, now I have to hear all of the whining.... ;)

POJO_Risin
10-08-2005, 05:14 PM
WTF IS THIS SHIT!!!!

OSU--HERE IT COMES...LMFAO...

I'd sticky it...if I weren't the only fucker posting in it...lmfao...

I actually think the Irish thread should be stickied...

and ICON...for fuck sake...this is my damn forum...you need to fucking ask me...lmfao...

Va Beach VH Fan
10-08-2005, 05:20 PM
Here we go...

Stickied Columbus Blue Jackets thread

Stickied Tampa Bay Devil Rays thread

Stickied Western Carolina thread

POJO_Risin
10-08-2005, 05:22 PM
Well...fuck...

the Tribe...

Steelers...

and Cavs for sure...lmfao...

we have a Pirates chatter...

Yankees chatter...

Red Sox chatter...

Fuck...LET'S STICKY THEM ALL!!!

conmee
10-08-2005, 06:52 PM
lmao!!!! Don't forget the Chargers, Padres, and UNLV!!!!

Sorry about subverting the chain of command... so Pojo... can I sticky this thread? lol

GO IRISH!!

Icon.

POJO_Risin
10-09-2005, 11:48 AM
lmfao...I'm surprised neither one of us stickied this thing before...

conmee
10-09-2005, 04:36 PM
Now this is how the AP Top Ten should look..... lots of names that haven't been up there in awhile... well, at least PennSt, 'Bama, and ND...

1. USC
2. Texas
3. Virginia Tech
4. Florida State
5. Georgia
6. Alabama
7. Miami
8. Penn State
9. Notre Dame
10. LSU

SEC and ACC representin'....

GO IRISH!!!

Icon.

conmee
10-09-2005, 04:40 PM
Nebraska and Michigan are notably absent... but I'm not missin' the Wolverines... lol

GO IRISH!!!!

Icon.

Brett
10-10-2005, 02:21 AM
Can't it be Saturday already, I'm ready for this fucking thing.

redblkwht
10-11-2005, 08:49 AM
Penn state in the top ten?
Hold on..im gonna go throw up!
Boy is the big ten taking a big shit this year..sucks ;)
Go Upset this weekend!!:D

Mr. Vengeance
10-13-2005, 03:39 PM
I can't wait for this Saturday!!!!! ND is due to beat USC!!!!!

POJO_Risin
10-14-2005, 10:34 PM
I actually like the Big 10 this year...

it's an even league...I truly think this is a GOOD year for the Big 10 in a sense that we are getting a team back to the good.

The Big 10 is a better place with Penn State roaming the top, instead of the bottom...

as for the ND/USC game...

I actually am pumped a bit about this game...not sure why...

but I am...

I don't honestly think that ND is going to win...

but if they fucking do...holy hell...the college football world is going to wake up Sunday Morning in a state of I don't know what...

Brett
10-15-2005, 01:29 AM
If SC comes to play, avoids turnovers and mental lapses, they will be fine. If they get behind and get into that, "We have to score in one play" mentality, then they'll be in trouble. When they've fallen behind this year, they haven't panicked and continued to pound the ball on the ground, which has been the hallmark of this team this year.

Key to me is the SC defense. If they make enough plays, SC should be able to do enough offensively to win, ND's defense has struggled a lot this season and ranked near the bottom of the country.

POJO_Risin
10-15-2005, 01:49 PM
I agree...if USC comes to play...they are better than ND...

if ND comes to play 4 quarters...and USC takes a break...

ND will win...

conmee
10-15-2005, 02:51 PM
I don't think either offense will have problems today... both will execute and it could be a contest to see which offense fails to put up 7 in the red zone... as bad as the ND corners are, if they can contain Bush/White... they have a much better chance to win... and if USC can cover the many slant/tight end plays that Weis likes to mix things up with, USC will have an easier time holding down Walker...

Most likely, which ever defense plays beyond it's abilities, that's the team that will win today. I have to go with ND as a fan and alum, but I will tell you, my head is arguing with my heart about the intelligence of picking ND over USC... BUT... having been at UNLV in 1991, I remember when everyone talked of that team Larry Johnson/Greg Anthony/Stacey Augmon/Anderson Hunt being probably the greatest NCAA basketball team in history.. they went into the Final Four game against Duke heavy favorites, with a 34-0 record and 1990 championship in their back pockets, and..... that little bastard Bobby Hurley and that homo Christian Laettner went on to upset the "almost greatest team in history" by 2 points, ending the UNLV dream with a 34-1 season....

So.......... point being, bigger upsets in other sports, hell probably in college football, have happened before.... so an ND win today is not beyond the realm of possibility...

Of course, even after all that, I still don't know if I convinced my head that this will be an ND win today... lmao

GO IRISH!!!!

Icon.

POJO_Risin
10-15-2005, 02:56 PM
I still think UCLA is the team that will beat them...

conmee
10-15-2005, 02:57 PM
I'm not sure what will cause Brett more grief... a loss to ND or a loss to UCLA... and god forbid the season ends with losses to BOTH... lmao... that would pretty much ruin Brett's sports year... lol

GO IRISH!!!

Icon.

POJO_Risin
10-15-2005, 03:00 PM
ND could surely win today...

you have to wonder if USC hasn't been looking ahead a bit though...

conmee
10-15-2005, 03:48 PM
Green jerseys, perfect weather, USC top-ranked, probably the two best school marching bands (lol), and I just don't think you have a better college football environment than this...

This is what college football is all about...

GO IRISH!!!!

Icon.

conmee
10-15-2005, 03:57 PM
Shit!!!!!!!!!!! This doesn't look good.... good play to alter Quinn's throw.... not sure I agree with doing any kind of fancy/trick plays against USC... and Reggie just ran through the defense... I think the defense was deflated on that last series... these guys have to realize it's a long game... stay focused.... if Bush/White run like that the rest of the day... it's gonna get ugly....

GO IRISH!!!!!

Icon.

Brett
10-15-2005, 04:02 PM
It's early man.

conmee
10-15-2005, 04:03 PM
Not sure if a 4 and 1 go for it play is called for so deep in our side of the field... I'm all for being confident and wanting to take some calculated risks... but this could easily turn into a quick 10 or 14 point lead for USC... I'm not sure if USC gets 14 or more lead that ND will come back for that... I'd go conservative here... but that's just me... maybe Carroll calling a timeout will give Weis time to rethink the decision... lol

GO IRISH!!!

Icon.

conmee
10-15-2005, 04:04 PM
I know it's early... I just have been disappointed for so many years... I don't like things going "wrong" this early... lol

GO IRISH!!!

Icon.

conmee
10-15-2005, 04:05 PM
Whew!!! Got the first.... lol

GO IRISH!!!

Icon.

conmee
10-15-2005, 04:06 PM
Quinn is getting time to throw, but the receivers aren't getting open so far...

GO IRISH!!!

Icon.

Brett
10-15-2005, 04:06 PM
It was the right call, can't afford to go down 14.

conmee
10-15-2005, 04:09 PM
Well, the Irish are going to have to make bold plays like that to win, I believe... but damn... going for it on our own, what was it 29? lol

GO IRISH!!!

Icon.

conmee
10-15-2005, 04:11 PM
Well, they've lost the last three games wearing the green jerseys, BUT... they've beat USC the last three times when wearing the green jerseys... more useless stats from the announcers... lol

GO IRISH!!!

Icon.

conmee
10-15-2005, 04:13 PM
TOUCHDOWN!!!!!!!!!!!

Is Travis Thomes ND's LenDale White? Awesome!!!!!

GO IRISH!!!

Icon.

Warham
10-15-2005, 04:15 PM
YES!

God, I wish I was there.

conmee
10-15-2005, 04:16 PM
I also think it's a good strategy to incorporate a lot of running plays to keep the clock going... this might not be the high scoring game many thought it would be.. IF... the Irish can keep running, and they can contain Bush/White... although the latter remains to be seen...

So far, a quick scare early on, but good to see this team with the heart to answer... this is where Williingham or Davie would have lost the game... win or lose... it's enjoyable game so far...

GO IRISH!!!

Icon.

conmee
10-15-2005, 04:17 PM
Need to do a better job on special teams coverage... USC has great field position...

GO IRISH!!!

Icon.

conmee
10-15-2005, 04:18 PM
SHIT!!!!!!!!

Somebody TACKLE!!!!!!!

GO IRISH!!!!

Icon

conmee
10-15-2005, 04:21 PM
The defense better step it up... this is looking too easy for USC...

GO IRISH!!!

Icon.

Brett
10-15-2005, 04:21 PM
Two TD's in less than what 2 minutes? If the fucking defense weren't being a bunch of fags, this would be 14-0.

Warham
10-15-2005, 04:22 PM
Too many missed tackles.

conmee
10-15-2005, 04:24 PM
Our only hope is that the USC defense fags it more than the ND defense... lmao!!!!

GO IRISH!!!

Icon.

conmee
10-15-2005, 04:24 PM
Shit... welcome to third and LONG..... could this be a common refrain from the announcers today? lol

GO IRISH!!!

Icon.

Brett
10-15-2005, 04:25 PM
The SC front 7 is very good, it's the fucking inexperienced corners we have, espcially Walker.

conmee
10-15-2005, 04:27 PM
Stovall should have held on to that ball... that would have been... well, fuck it... it's incomplete...

Finally a good tackle on Bush...

GO IRISH!!!

Icon.

conmee
10-15-2005, 04:29 PM
No instant replay today... should benefit USC.. lol... ND has been on the plus side of reviews this year..

GO IRISH!!

Icon.

Brett
10-15-2005, 04:31 PM
Uh WTF was that possession.

SC's been on the wrong side of EVERY replay this year, that's why Carroll hates it.

conmee
10-15-2005, 04:32 PM
What the fuck.... USC looked horrible on this last possession... wonder if that hit Leinart took a second ago caused him any problems.. but hell, he was yelling at Bush to get him to line up on the left side... Carroll isn't happy... lol.. he's yelling at people on the sidelines.. as usual... lol

GO IRISH!!

Icon.

Brett
10-15-2005, 04:33 PM
These dumbass penalties have been pissing me off all year, 6 games in and still with fall starts.

conmee
10-15-2005, 04:34 PM
Brett,

With the clock strategy Weis is using (keep it running), do you think USC offense could get out of rhythm being on the sidelines so long... so far they've had two perfect possession, and two that looked like Arizona's offense was on the field... lol

GO IRISH!!

Icon.

Brett
10-15-2005, 04:35 PM
I guarantee you Weis watched the Hawaii game and saw that Hawaii did the same thing, try to keep the USC offense on the sidelines with ball control. That's how they were only down only 14-3 at half, SC couldn't get the ball.

conmee
10-15-2005, 04:35 PM
Quinn is going to have to run more... he's had early success, but that will help keep the USC front 7 honest... he's a good big, moderately quick QB... oughta take advantage...

GO IRISH!!!

Icon.

Brett
10-15-2005, 04:38 PM
We have trouble with running QB's.

conmee
10-15-2005, 04:39 PM
Quinn needs to settle down a little bit... he's being given a lot of time to throw... needs to take his time... excellent... that throw to Samarjzigsaafadda is a first down!!!! Lol

GO IRISH!!!

Icon.

Brett
10-15-2005, 04:40 PM
Damn replay would have been nice there. LOL.

conmee
10-15-2005, 04:40 PM
Damn... if USC loses, this will be one play where Carroll wished he had instant replay... that didn't look like he was in bounds to me...

GO IRISH!!

Icon.

Warham
10-15-2005, 04:41 PM
TOUCHDOWN!

Brett
10-15-2005, 04:41 PM
Like I said.

conmee
10-15-2005, 04:42 PM
TOUCHDOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SMARDIJJISJISFSIJZA!!!!!

LMAO!!!

GO IRISH!!!

Icon,.

Can you believe, this guy had something like 12 receptions and no TDs ALL YEAR last year in Willingham's offense... this year, he's the leading receiver...

conmee
10-15-2005, 04:46 PM
Jeez... the time of possession.. ND 13:58 USC 3:22 or so... But if USC only needs 90 seconds per score.. .doesn't matter... lol

GO IRISH!!!

Icon.

conmee
10-15-2005, 04:48 PM
Can somebody please tackle Bush.... lmao

GO IRISH!!

Icon.

conmee
10-15-2005, 04:48 PM
Awesome play... finally...

GO IRISH!!!

Icon.