lucky wilbury
09-26-2004, 08:52 PM
http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=40635

Kerry owns assault rifle
Despite pushing for bans against public possession

Posted: September 26, 2004
7:13 p.m. Eastern

© 2004 WorldNetDaily.com

Despite pushing for bans against so-called assault weapons, Democratic presidential nominee John Kerry now admits he owns a "Communist Chinese assault rifle.''

''My favorite gun is the M-16 that saved my life and that of my crew in Vietnam,'' Kerry told Outdoor Life magazine for its October issue. ''I don't own one of those now, but one of my reminders of my service is a Communist Chinese assault rifle.''

When asked by the New York Times for more information about the weapon, Kerry spokesman Michael Meehan said Kerry was a registered gun owner in Massachusetts.

Meehan said Thursday he was unable to ask the senator about the rifle because of Kerry's hoarse voice, and the Times reports he did not respond to further inquiries.

Kerry is a hunter who voiced support for the recently expired assault-weapons ban, and often tells citizens he's never met anyone who wanted to use an AK-47 to shoot a deer.

Andrew Arulanandam, a spokesman for the National Rifle Association, told the Times the comment in Outdoor Life made Kerry's support of the ban disingenuous.

''It's OK for John Kerry to own these kinds of firearms, but it's not OK for John Q. Public?'' Arulanandam said, adding Kerry could be subject to court-martial if the gun were brought home from the war as a souvenir. ''He certainly owes people an explanation as to why there's a double standard.''

FORD
09-26-2004, 09:51 PM
Nice misleading headline :rolleyes:

''My favorite gun is the M-16 that saved my life and that of my crew in Vietnam,'' Kerry told Outdoor Life magazine for its October issue. ''I don't own one of those now...

So he does NOT own an assault rifle.

ELVIS
09-26-2004, 09:59 PM
Kerry is a hunter ???

ELVIS
09-26-2004, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by FORD

''My favorite gun is the M-16 that saved my life and that of my crew in Vietnam,'' Kerry told Outdoor Life magazine for its October issue. ''I don't own one of those now...

Maybe his family owns it...

It's funny to see you defend this clown, FORD...

I should go back and compile all the terrable things you said about him in the past...

lucky wilbury
09-27-2004, 01:15 AM
Originally posted by FORD

if you kept reading:

''I don't own one of those now, but one of my reminders of my service is a Communist Chinese assault rifle.''

Jesus Christ
09-27-2004, 01:48 AM
Originally posted by ELVIS
Maybe his family owns it...

It's funny to see you defend this clown, FORD...

I should go back and compile all the terrable things you said about him in the past...

Judge not lest ye be judged, Gregory.....

For it is one thing to pointeth out a discrepancy in the article but verily it is not neccessarily an endorsement of a candidate.

FORD hath prayed to Me daily about this election. I know wherefore he is coming from, and he is greatly troubled, as are many of My children in thy country.

ELVIS
09-27-2004, 02:59 AM
1 John 4:1

Do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world.

:elvis:

Big Train
09-27-2004, 04:03 AM
He loves M-16's...they were used in that movie he made in the late 60's....

So let me get this straight. The man owns a powerboat with 500 horse motors that consume $500.00 an hour in fuel and he is for the envoirnment and alt. energy. He is against assualt weapons, yet owns them.

So I should assume with any major issue, he is both FOR and AGAINST simultaneously?

Do what monkey say, not what monkey do...

Igosplut
09-27-2004, 07:31 AM
Originally posted by lucky wilbury
if you kept reading:

''I don't own one of those now, but one of my reminders of my service is a Communist Chinese assault rifle.''

And the funny part of that, is that IF THIS RIFLE is one that is a war souvenir that he, or whoever brought into the country, (and ALOT of guys did that before they tightened up in the early 70s) Its not only a illegal import (the only guns alowed to be imported into the US are one that come thru a US maufacturer, And have a US gun manufacturer name stamped right on them) That would mean that it also would be a FULL AUTO.

That would also mean that he either is possesing a Full Auto illeagaly, OR he has a FULL AUTO license (a almost-impossible thing to obtain in MA. Unless your well-connected that is. Only instructors to law-enforcement in the private sector get these) To posess the gun legally (all full-autos HAVE to be registered, not only to the feds and state, but to the town PD too. AND can ONLY be shot at a registered shooting range, No "on my buddys twenty acres") he would have to account for the guns origin for registration. So, IF any of thats the case, He pulled strings to cover the fact that the guy was imported illegaly at the very least.....

If he does have a Full-auto license,I think it would be the first time that a holder of that license would press for a ban that essentally just makes options like flash suppressors, pistol grips, bayonet lugs, and high-cap magazines illegal (and not the guns themselves BTW).

Seshmeister
09-27-2004, 08:41 AM
Originally posted by ELVIS
1 John 4:1

Do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world.

:elvis:

2 Luke 3:17

Let us invent a religion based on a mixture of pagan belief systems and lo watch our power and treasures accumulate while the poor starve.

ELVIS
09-27-2004, 08:52 AM
The poor woud be starving ten fold if it weren't for the Christian missionaries around the world feeding, clothing and building schools for them...

Sgt Schultz
09-27-2004, 10:12 AM
Vets shipping back suveneirs is pretty common.

My Great Uncle wa a Marine and fought at Guadalcanal, Saipan and Okinawa. He sent back several bags of stuff including Japanese swords and flags. Unfortunately along the way the sword sand flags were stolen out of the bag.

Years after the war his mother was yelling at him about getting rid of "That junk" in the attic - meaning his Marine stuff. He had forgotten about it.

When he was going through the bags he discovered that he had put about 10 live grenades in there.

This was on a farm so he went out into the field and threw / detoned them.

JCOOK
09-27-2004, 11:53 AM
I wonder if Johnny has any V.C. ears as souviners,after all he is an admitted war criminal.

Seshmeister
09-27-2004, 12:00 PM
At least Kerry owns a brain

JCOOK
09-27-2004, 12:04 PM
Yeah and those funny bolts on his neck!

Big Train
09-27-2004, 12:32 PM
It's too bad it's a non-operational as that Chinese gun....

DrMaddVibe
09-27-2004, 12:53 PM
Liar!

Big Train
09-27-2004, 12:58 PM
As a former Bostonian, let's just say the IRA gun running thing reportedly had links to Uncle Ted, as well as Whitey Bulger.....Kerry couldn't be more than one degree away from that...

DrMaddVibe
09-27-2004, 01:09 PM
Soooo...people DO remember!

GOOD!

Hold that thought on November 2nd!

fanofdave
09-27-2004, 01:09 PM
Best way to sum up political parties:

Republicans: The glass is half full

Democrats: The glass is half empty

Republicans are more optimistic,
Democrats are more pessimistic.

Seshmeister
09-27-2004, 01:10 PM
For the second time in a row you have the choice between a cunt and a stupid cunt.

For the sake of the world I hope this time you just choose the cunt.

DrMaddVibe
09-27-2004, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by fanofdave
Best way to sum up political parties:

Republicans: The glass is half full

Democrats: The glass is half empty

Republicans are more optimistic,
Democrats are more pessimistic.

OR

Democrats want to solve problems with your money.

Republicans let you keep your money and solve problems!

Big Train
09-27-2004, 01:34 PM
Sesh,

Two questions.

A. your in scotland, what the fuck do you care?

B. Who are the stupid cunts your voting for over there?

Seshmeister
09-27-2004, 03:11 PM
a) Every time your loopy president starts a war my life gets more dangerous. I fly a lot. Also quite a few Scottish soldiers end up in bodybags.

b) Plenty of cunts over here thank you very much but I won't bore you with the details. Most know the difference between your and you're though...:)

Big Train
09-27-2004, 03:21 PM
I'm sorry, at work, no time to spell check. Didn't mean to insult your intelligence with my hurried typing....

a. You give us way to much credit.

b. Please bore me sometime, I'd love to throw my opinions around about YOUR countries leaders...

BigBadBrian
09-27-2004, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by Big Train

a. You give us way to much credit.

Don't you mean "too" much credit? Sesh has nothing to do but correct your rushed grammar. He has nothing....like all the liberals. ;) :gulp: