PDA

View Full Version : Finally a Help Line That Gets To The Point!

Full Bug
09-27-2004, 12:47 PM
Finally a Help Line That Gets To The Point!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CUSTOMERS' SHOCK AT ABUSIVE HELPLINE

BY ALISTAIR HARRIS

27 September 2004
Bemused customers were greeted by a torrent of swearwords when they tried to ring for advice from a cable company's helpline.

Users of NTL's phone service who tried to call the company's freephone helpline yesterday could not believe their ears.

After ringing the main number for the company - which employs 500 people in Nottingham - and pressing the option to report a fault on their line, customers got a good deal less help than they needed.

In fact they were met by a sullen-voiced message - and a barrage of foul language.

"You're through to NTL Customer services," the message began, innocuously.

Then it continued: "We don't give a fuck about you. We are never here.

"We will just fuck you about basically, and we're not going to handle any of your complaints, so just fuck off and leave us alone."

The speaker then suddenly splurts "get a life" before callers are asked to leave a message.

"I just couldn't believe it," said one caller, 43-year-old web designer Richard Studeny, from Hyson Green.

"It would be bad if a kid got hold of it. I guess it must be a disgruntled company employee or someone messing about and they've hit the wrong button and put it on the system.

"I had to pinch myself. I hung up, had a walk about, then redialled. I've never heard anything like it."

Mr Studeny added: "NTL are a nationwide company, it's massive. There's no excuse.

"Generally, my service from them has been very good.

"I just couldn't believe that I would hear something like that on a corporate company's general network."

An NTL spokeswoman said: "This is a very serious matter. No-one could be more shocked and surprised by the message than ourselves.

"Our priority was to remove the message as soon as possible after discovering it.

"An investigation is now under way and we would like to apologise to anyone who heard it."
===================================
Here's a link when you can hear the message....
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/...ire/3693256.stm

lms2
09-27-2004, 12:52 PM
lmaobt

Ally_Kat
09-27-2004, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by Full Bug
"It would be bad if a kid got hold of it."

A kid calling the cable company? For what...?

lms2
09-27-2004, 12:55 PM
To complain about the ratings?

Seshmeister
09-27-2004, 01:16 PM
NTL have the worst customer service in the world bar none. There is even a website called NTL Hell because of it.

My personal best is 4 1/2 hours listening to piped music to get my broadband reset.

I salute the guy that recorded that message.

Full Bug
09-27-2004, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by Seshmeister

My personal best is 4 1/2 hours listening to piped music to get my broadband reset.

I take it you have no alternative but to use that company eh?