PDA

View Full Version : Bush Mocks Kerry, Says He Could Debate Himself

worldbefree
09-27-2004, 04:15 PM
To think that this is the way the leader of the free world acts. I guess that's because he can't run on his wonderful record. Truly pathetic.

Bush Mocks Kerry, Says He Could Debate Himself

By Caren Bohan

SPRINGFIELD, Ohio (Reuters) - President Bush (news - web sites) said on Monday his Democratic rival John Kerry (news - web sites) had shifted his positions on Iraq (news - web sites) so many times he could "debate himself" at the prime-time face-off between the two candidates in three days.

The president's ridicule of the Massachusetts senator came as Kerry has been hammering him daily on Iraq, accusing him of mishandling the chaotic aftermath of the 2003 invasion and giving overly optimistic assessments of conditions there.

The first presidential debate on Thursday in Coral Gables, Fla. will focus on foreign affairs and may be pivotal to the outcome of the Nov. 2 election.

At an Ohio campaign event, Bush referred to his practice sessions for the debate, which he has been holding at his Texas ranch over the weekend.

"It's been a little tough to prepare because (Kerry) keeps changing positions on the war on the terror," he joked.

Then he ran through a litany of issues concerning Iraq in which he described his opponent of having flip-flopped.

"He voted for the use of force in Iraq and then didn't vote to fund the troops," Bush said. "He complained that we're not spending enough money to help in reconstruction in Iraq and now he's saying we're spending too much. He said it was the right decision to go into Iraq and now he calls it the wrong war."

"He could probably spend 90 minutes debating himself," Bush added to hoots of laughter from his supporters.

Kerry has accused the administration of sending mixed signals over Iraq because of differing statements from administration officials about plans for elections in Iraq in January.

For example, while Bush and other administration officials have been adamant that elections will go forward in Iraq in January, Secretary of State Colin Powell (news - web sites) has had a more cautious tone.

Bush broke off from his preparations on Monday for a campaign event where he reached out to Ohio voters.

"I understand you've been hit hard in Ohio. I know that," he said of the state's loss of manufacturing jobs in recent years. "I know there's people still hurting in this state."

But he insisted his policies of tax cuts and streamlining regulations were the way to spur growth.

Ohio is one of several Midwest battleground states that Bush has focused heavily on ahead of the election.

Although the president carried Ohio in 2000 by 3.5 percentage points, its economic woes have left an opening for Kerry to try to capture the state. Most polls give Bush an edge there, however.

Ohio's unemployment rate is 6.3 percent, well above the national average of 5.4 percent.

(Additional reporting by Adam Entous)

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=615&e=2&u=/nm/20040927/pl_nm/campaign_bush_dc

Warham
09-27-2004, 05:10 PM
It's true. Kerry could debate himself on many issues.

JCOOK
09-27-2004, 05:17 PM
I was going to say that before I decided not to.

LoungeMachine
09-27-2004, 05:19 PM
Shrub can't debate without Cheney's arm up his ass telling him what to say [ see 9/11 hearings]

Warham
09-27-2004, 05:20 PM
If that's the case, what happened to Al Gore four years ago?

JCOOK
09-27-2004, 05:29 PM
****crickets chirping****

Warham
09-27-2004, 05:36 PM
I'm still waiting to hear what happened to the father of the Internet, Al Gore.

LoungeMachine
09-27-2004, 05:40 PM
Al Gore happened to Al Gore

nuff sed.

Why is it the Shrub has had fewer press conferences than any president in modern history.

oh yeah.

unprepared questions fluster the dolt

Warham
09-27-2004, 05:43 PM
Just like John Kerry will happen to John Kerry.

You libs need to get a candidate out there who isn't going to run against himself.

LoungeMachine
09-27-2004, 05:47 PM
Cant argue with you W

I just wish YOU guys would INSTALL A DICTATOR that had HALF a brain

Wayne L.
09-27-2004, 06:09 PM
John Kerry would lose against himself in a debate because he doesn't know what he believes in or where he stands politically asa politician which is why he will lose this presidential election against George W. Bush in November.

LoungeMachine
09-27-2004, 06:24 PM
Please DON'T refer to Thursday's dual press conference as a DEBATE

THERE WILL BE NO DEBATING WHATSOEVER

NO DIRECT QUESTIONS BETWEEN THEM???

ODShowtime
09-27-2004, 07:06 PM
I am going to be PISSED if Bush doesn't come out of these debates looking like the town fool that he is.

If there is one thing about GW that I won't back down from, it's he truly is not very bright.

He is passable at making snide remarks and comebacks though, which is what I'm worried about. That could be david's little tiny stone right there.

ELVIS
09-27-2004, 07:43 PM
http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/afp/20040927/capt.sge.nfg54.270904230156.photo01.default-380x271.jpg
The crowd stares in awe at the amazing life-like John Kerry wax figure.

ODShowtime
09-27-2004, 08:07 PM
It's not like John Kerry is a complete zombie. He can give a speech. He was in the Senate for a long-ass time. His reactions to Bush non-answers will be funny.

must study.... must study... deferred tax liabilities... must study...

John Ashcroft
09-27-2004, 08:38 PM
Elvis, that was fucking funny dude! Thanks for the laugh!

And for the rest of you... How many of you have Harvard degrees? How many graduated from an Ivy League college? Sorry to dissapoint, but there are tons of students in Ivy League colleges that have "important" parents. They all must earn their degrees like the rest of the students. This is irrefutable, as there's been plenty of alumni come forward from all political persuasions to confirm this. Bush may not be eloquent, but stupid he is not either.

And which super power do you "smart ones" lead anyway? Hell, I'll give ya a third-world country just to make it fair! Which country do you lead?

LoungeMachine
09-27-2004, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by John Ashcroft
Elvis, that was fucking funny dude! Thanks for the laugh!

And for the rest of you... How many of you have Harvard degrees? How many graduated from an Ivy League college? Sorry to dissapoint, but there are tons of students in Ivy League colleges that have "important" parents. They all must earn their degrees like the rest of the students. This is irrefutable, as there's been plenty of alumni come forward from all political persuasions to confirm this. Bush may not be eloquent, but stupid he is not either.

And which super power do you "smart ones" lead anyway? Hell, I'll give ya a third-world country just to make it fair! Which country do you lead?

By YOUR logic we shall NEVER read another post from YOU questioning Kerry, as YOU'VE ever accomplished any of HIS fantastic feats either.

Thank God

Good riddance JA

Seshmeister
09-27-2004, 09:56 PM
I agree with every post so far in this thread except for JA's.

If you can buy your way out of Vietnam I'm pretty sure you can buy an Ivy degree.

I don't understand the second part of your post where you then go on to imply that having a guy in charge with a brain is a bad thing.

Bizarre.

If you are looking for examples of intelligent people in charge of other country's try just about every other country in the world. I'm not saying egg head academics, I mean people that are above average.

Like yourself...:)

Cheers!

:gulp:

FORD
09-27-2004, 10:56 PM
Bush Jr could debate himself too. As a matter of fact, he HAS! (http://www.comedycentral.com/mp/play.php?reposid=/multimedia/tds/stewart/jon_7131.html&setplayer=real_media)

ODShowtime
09-27-2004, 11:20 PM

JA, you need to rethink which battles you fight, because you're losing this one...

You argue that GW is in fact intelligent. Also, I thought for sure you had some post listing the impressive educational background of the entire cabinet, but I couldn't find it. Anyway, it these jokers are so smart, why did they make such foolish decisions and act with such imperial hubris?

Before your knee-jerk instinct to question my facts, remember that it's all over the news that Senators and intelligence professionals have all decried the strategies of the War on Terror. His own underlings have been quoted talking about how poorly it's going.

Only two things in the world could cloud someone's decisions like this:

1. Pussy

2. Money

Those are the only two things that could make such intelligent, educated people fuck up so badly.

So fine, they're not smart. But then they're warmongering villains.

LoungeMachine
09-27-2004, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by FORD
Bush Jr could debate himself too. As a matter of fact, he HAS! (http://www.comedycentral.com/mp/play.php?reposid=/multimedia/tds/stewart/jon_7131.html&setplayer=real_media)

fucking classic.

he could also debate himself on whether or not to form a Dept. of Homeland Security, since he's been on both sides

or the formation of a 9/11 commission, as he's been on both sides

or having his NSA testify, as he's been on both sides

or appearing before the panel himself, as he was on both sides

LoungeMachine
09-27-2004, 11:33 PM
Sorry to dissapoint, but there are tons of students in Ivy League colleges that have "important" parents. They all must earn their degrees like the rest of the students. This is irrefutable

The sheer ignorance in this statement is laughable

diamondD
09-28-2004, 02:59 AM
Then prove him wrong. Don't just declare it's so.

Big Train
09-28-2004, 03:19 AM
Why are everyone's panties all wadded up? They are taking jabs at each other, it's what they fucking do around this time. They call each other out. It's what every leader of this country EVER has done around election time. I guess Lincoln, Roosevelt and JFK were all "truly pathetic" then as well...

I think people have him pegged a certain way and can't get over themselves about it. He has trouble at times speaking well. He speaks in an "aw shucks" kind of way. He also carries himself with a swagger. Combine those two ingredients and most intellectuals come out with "He is stupid". The man has beaten everything liberals have thrown at him over the years and it drives them insane.

No man goes as far as he has being stupid. Even if I was to completely discount his own intelligence, as you would love me to do, he still has great advisors. Which in itself proves he isn't stupid. If you work for a large corporation, most times the smartest people are in the middle or upper levels of management. The smartest guy with the most degrees is usually #3 or 4 in command. It probably is no different here. However, it doesn't make the guy at the top a dummy, as he put all the wheels in motion to have the corp. in the first place.

ELVIS
09-28-2004, 06:33 AM
Originally posted by Big Train
The man has beaten everything liberals have thrown at him over the years and it drives them insane.

Correct...

JA is also correct...

Even if one has strings pulled to get into Harvard, or any other Ivy League school, you have to get yourself out...

You can't buy a Harvard degree...:rolleyes:

Seshmeister
09-28-2004, 07:49 AM
http://www.diplomaservices.com/schoollist.htm

ELVIS
09-28-2004, 08:25 AM
Maybe I'll get one and become president...:D

ODShowtime
09-28-2004, 08:26 AM
Originally posted by diamondD
Then prove him wrong. Don't just declare it's so.

I don't see anyone proving me wrong with verifiable facts either...

I don't have any proof that it's unthinkable that someone with Bush's money and two generations of legacy at Yale couldn't get a leg up. How hard would it be for poppy to hire someone to do all his reports? Is that really so outlandish given the future stakes?

Prove ME wrong.

ELVIS
09-28-2004, 08:30 AM
That is completely idiotic!

ODShowtime
09-28-2004, 08:35 AM
Come one now Elvis. His father and grandfather both went to Yale. All in the same secret society mumbo-jumbo. You don't think big G was buddy-buddy with Gw's professors?

Is that really "idiotic"?

Seshmeister
09-28-2004, 08:39 AM
Well there are only 4 possibilities

1) He bought his degree through other students doing work, Dads influence on tutors etc etc.

2) Once you actually got into Harvard their business degrees were a piece of piss to pass in those days.

3) He used to be intelligent but fried his brain with coke and booze

4) He just pretends to be stupid.

ELVIS
09-28-2004, 08:49 AM
I can agree with the possibiity of #2 and #4...

ODShowtime
09-28-2004, 08:49 AM
Originally posted by Seshmeister
Well there are only 4 possibilities

1) He bought his degree through other students doing work, Dads influence on tutors etc etc.

2) Once you actually got into Harvard their business degrees were a piece of piss to pass in those days.

3) He used to be intelligent but fried his brain with coke and booze

4) He just pretends to be stupid.

Shesh, good ideas up there. I've SEEN WITH MY OWN EYES rich kids buy reports from smart poor kids. That's not crazy at all, it's realistic.

Second, I've read couple different analysis of how Bush's hard drinking for 2-3 decades have eroded his brain. When you're that rich, why not get trashed all the time? I would...

Seshmeister
09-28-2004, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by ELVIS
I can agree with the possibiity of #2 and #4...

Well if it's #4 then he is VERY good at it...:)

BigBadBrian
09-28-2004, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by Seshmeister
I agree with every post so far in this thread except for JA's.

If you can buy your way out of Vietnam I'm pretty sure you can buy an Ivy degree.

I'm sure you bought your academic credentials also, Sesh. :gulp:

Seshmeister
09-28-2004, 10:25 AM
BigSadBrian this constant bashing is getting as lame as fuck.

If you haven't the skills to debate in this forum, get your head back into those school books.

Cheers!

:gulp:

DrMaddVibe
09-28-2004, 10:57 AM
Even if he did debate himself...he'd STILL be WRONG!

Big Train
09-28-2004, 12:08 PM
Just sounds like you guys cannot get over the fact that he has some brains. It's almost like it bothers you, you find it insulting. I mean this thread has degenerated into "the ways he could have got through Harvard", as you are so set in your belief he is stupid, even though all indications are that he isn't.

DrMaddVibe
09-28-2004, 12:22 PM
That's the flaw with Lurch! He isn't set on anything! He doesn't stand firm on anything. He's as flim-flammy as Spammy w/ Van Hagar!

ODShowtime
09-28-2004, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by Big Train
Just sounds like you guys cannot get over the fact that he has some brains. It's almost like it bothers you, you find it insulting. I mean this thread has degenerated into "the ways he could have got through Harvard", as you are so set in your belief he is stupid, even though all indications are that he isn't.

I think my thoughts in post #20 still need to be addressed by somebody because:

IT'S ROCK SOLID BABY YEAH!!

LoungeMachine
09-29-2004, 09:53 AM
All photoshops and insults aside, can we get back to the title of this thread, which mentions a DEBATE.

There will be no DEBATE.

This Thursday's event could best be described as a dual stump speech

NO DIRECT QUESTIONS?

This is bullshit.

Call it what you will, just dont call it a debate

Cathedral
09-29-2004, 10:43 AM
They cannot address each other, but that doesn't mean they cannot comment on each others answers.

G.W. has never lost a debate, that is a fact.

I think it will be interesting since Kerry has been on both sides of every issue, you'd think he had it locked in as victor, but he doesn't because if he doesn't watch what he says, he'll turn his own party against him.
That is the problem with flip flopping, when placed on a stage pitted against your rival in front of the world, his every word will be scrutinized.

I don't call it a debate as much as it will be the time where Kerry has to pick a side and stick with it until election day.
He will no longer have the option to change his opinion and will be forced to actually define himself as a candidate.

FORD
09-29-2004, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by LoungeMachine
All photoshops and insults aside, can we get back to the title of this thread, which mentions a DEBATE.

There will be no DEBATE.

This Thursday's event could best be described as a dual stump speech

NO DIRECT QUESTIONS?

This is bullshit.

Call it what you will, just dont call it a debate

Exactly.... and this is why the DLC is the second biggest danger to this country right now. If we had an ordinary Republican in the White House right now, as opposed to a fascist dictatorial chimp, I'd almost want them to win, just so Democrats would open their eyes to what these fucking pieces of shit have done to OUR party since the 1994 theft of congress, which DLC founders Al From and Will "PNAC" Marshall actually referred to as a "liberation".

As if the legacy of Jefferson, FDR, Truman, JFK, etc was something to be "liberated" from???

Job 1 is removing the BCE. Job 2 is demolishing the DLC, and that begins November 3.

Cathedral
09-29-2004, 10:50 AM
Democrats - Defenders of the rubber spine.

I'm glad for one thing, you'll never know about the attacks on our country that Bush has averted with his actions.

Iraq is haven for Terrorists?
Well, at least the majority of them are in one place getting their asses kicked.

Common sense does not reside in the mindset of a liberal thinker. it's all about empowerments and appeasement.

FORD
09-29-2004, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by Cathedral

I'm glad for one thing, you'll never know about the attacks on our country that Bush has averted with his actions.

You can't possibly believe that bullshit :rolleyes:

Here's the reality: The worst terrorist attack on this country took place under Junior's watch - or lack thereof.

He knew it was coming August 6, 2001, if not before? What was his immediate response?

THE WORTHLESS MOTHERFUCKER WENT ON VACATION FOR AN ENTIRE MONTH.

For that alone he should have resigned or have been impeached on September 12, 2001.

At best, they were wilfully negligent. At worst, they were directly involved. In either case, they did not do what was required to protect this country.

Cathedral
09-29-2004, 11:57 AM
Oh, but Clinton had that same information, and what did he do?
He turned down the chance to capture Osama.

Not to mention that the attacks were planned during his watch.

Dude, the info was so vague that no President sitting in office could have done a damn thing about it.
But Clinton had the opportunity to, he just didn't know it because the attacks hadn't happened yet.
That is why i don't blame him for that fuck-up, because even though i didn't like the dude, I know he would have done something.

Hindsight is 20/20, and your accusations are unfounded and lack proof to make them valid, period.

Warham
09-29-2004, 02:17 PM
Clinton had the chance to bring Bin Laden in no less than three different times in the late 90's, only to turn his head.

His administration is to blame more than any other.