PDA

View Full Version : The BIG BEN era has started

SRK
09-27-2004, 08:44 PM
Roethlisberger did well in Miami all things considered ...What really impresses me is his calmness and poise in the pocket ...For a rookie he really has a sense of whats going on around him back there and throws well on the move...I think this is the beginning of big things for the Steelers. This is only the beginning of the BIG BEN era.

POJO_Risin
09-27-2004, 10:29 PM
Well...Roeth will have his fuck-ups...

but if he continues to play with the composure that he had last night under those conditions...

and...

if Pittsburgh wins...

We've seen the last of Maddox...

it's far to early to make that call though...

POJO_Risin
09-27-2004, 10:30 PM
By the way...I predicted Roeth would be in by injury...by week 10...

man...did I miss that call...lmfao...

SRK
09-27-2004, 10:45 PM
Roethlisberger will make his share of mistakes as any rookie will but he does `nt seem to let them bother him for long... unlike QBs of the past aka "slash" Stewart... I believe Roeth is the real deal and will only get better with time and experience...I believe he was the best QB coming out of the draft this year, and to get him at pick 11 was a steal. Manning was picked over him because of his last name thats all.

POJO_Risin
09-27-2004, 10:49 PM
No...Manning has talent...but the last name helps...

before all of the hoopla...

Roeth was ranked 1...with the only hangup being his amount of time as a starter...

which I think has been 3 years total...

now 4...

Rivers will be a good one as well...but I think of the 3...Roeth has the most raw talent...

the true question is this...does he have the moxie to step in...

if he does...with the prodigious talent...he could be real good...really quick...

I'll look forward to him playing a stud ass team though...

SRK
09-27-2004, 11:01 PM
I think Manning is talented but of the three the least talented. I think he will one day dread going to New York. I just don`t believe he will be able to handle the preasure and media in New York. Roeth went to the best of the three teams as far as having people around him .

POJO_Risin
09-27-2004, 11:05 PM
Manning has had the pressure since he started...nothing like following a hall of famer and future hall of famer...

I think it's just a matter of time until he succeeds...

but that's not to say Roeth isn't AS GOOD...or better...

SRK
09-27-2004, 11:20 PM
Yea thats true ...I lost some respect for Manning on how he handled the whole draft... I do think his brother Peyton is a future Hall of Famer and his dad was a great qb on some real bad teams.

POJO_Risin
09-27-2004, 11:23 PM
You look at Manning...and with Rivers mired on the bench with Brees looking like ass...

you have to almost credit the Mannings for not allowing them to draft him...

San Diego is AT BEST...a 3rd tier run team...just horrible...

SRK
09-27-2004, 11:29 PM
Yea thats true ...I lost some respect for Manning on how he handled the whole draft... I do think his brother Peyton is a future Hall of Famer and his dad was a great qb on some real bad teams.

SRK
09-27-2004, 11:41 PM
Yea I see your point , but i guess I`m old school ....Go with the team that picks you...IF players pick and choose the weak teams will stay weak and the NFL IS doomed

POJO_Risin
09-28-2004, 12:02 AM
People have done it for years...

including Elway...who went to baseball to get away from the Colts...

lmfao...and Manning ends up for the very same team...

Va Beach VH Fan
09-28-2004, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by POJO_Risin
Well...Roeth will have his fuck-ups...

but if he continues to play with the composure that he had last night under those conditions...

and...

if Pittsburgh wins...

We've seen the last of Maddox...

it's far to early to make that call though...

I've got a case of beer that says that Maddox is back in there as soon as he's healthy...

Coach Caaaawher is too much of a softy when it comes to tough personnel decisions...

That's why Scott and Bettis are still on the team....

Not saying that's what I would do, but that's what HE'S going to do....

SRK
09-28-2004, 10:29 PM
I don`t know the way i hear it, Maddox`s arm may be worst then they are letting on ...all the local sports talk around hear seem to think so anyway. The way Cowher worded it was Maddox will not be able to start throwing for 6 weeks. I see your point though Cowher has been known to be loyal to his vets.