PDA

View Full Version : Suck-ass Remakes

Switch84
09-28-2004, 12:47 PM
:eek: YUCK! I cannot stand Macy Gray's remake of Aerosmith's "Walk This Way" (that's being forced on us by Sony pimping their new 30-hour battery life Walkman!) She just trashes a kick-ass song, y'all!

What song (or movie, for that matter) have you heard/seen that made you wanna hurl bricks at the artist?

Don't be shy! DISCUSS! :D

diamondsgirl
09-28-2004, 01:59 PM
Sheryl Crow royally fucks up every cover she does. She took ALL of the emotion out of First Cut is the Deepest.

I don't wanna hurl a brick at her though, cuz she digs the Diamond. I just wanna tell her to cut the shit!!

rustoffa
09-28-2004, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by diamondsgirl
Sheryl Crow royally fucks up every cover she does. She took ALL of the emotion out of First Cut is the Deepest.

Spot-on diamondsgirl.
Sounds like her kid rock duo part deux......

:cheese:

Matt White
09-28-2004, 02:22 PM
Fiona Apple covering "ACROSS THE UNIVERSE" made me want to KILL!!!
I would like to know how ANYBODY thought this was a GOOD IDEA at her record label?!?! Sacrilege!!!!

DAVE OR THE GRAVE BABY!!!

Splooge
09-28-2004, 02:58 PM
FAAAAKKKKK Spammy Hagar doing any DLR era tune....DA CUNT!!!!!

ELVIS
09-28-2004, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by Matt White
Fiona Apple covering "ACROSS THE UNIVERSE" made me want to KILL!!!

I agree!

That sucks!

As does that Walk This Way crap...

DeadOrAlive
09-28-2004, 09:49 PM
Can't stand Macy Gray... and don't get me started on her remake of walk this way!

scorpioboy33
09-28-2004, 11:21 PM
OK THIS IS THE WORST
ROD STEWART DOING TOM WAITTS "DOWNBOUND TRAIN

Ally_Kat
09-29-2004, 12:05 AM
I heard on the radio today some remake of John Lennon's Imagine.

It's horrible. They should seriously not be around instruments anymore.

Coyote
09-29-2004, 01:36 AM
Britney Spears doin' "I Love Rock'n'Roll". She don't have the attitude or sounds to claim such a thing.

Mr Badguy
09-29-2004, 06:22 AM
I don`t know who it was but they made a dance version of "Comfortably numb" last year.

It sounded like the Bee Gees.

They should be force fed their own puke for that.

Panamark
09-29-2004, 07:40 AM
That fucking shit Jimmy Page did with Poof Dadda or whatever his
name was.. Nearly killed Kashmir forever, for me....

Panamark
09-29-2004, 07:44 AM
And those boy band fags singing "We will Rock you"

Golden AWe
09-29-2004, 08:30 AM
limp pissbucket: behind blue eyes

can it get worse than that...

Golden AWe
09-29-2004, 08:32 AM
i did like some of their tunes but gary cherone&extreme: love of my life at the freddie mercury memorial concert...he fucked it up...

rustoffa
09-29-2004, 09:02 AM
Was that Nickelback I heard covering "saturday night's alright" ?

Fucking sonic nausea.

That fucker looks like an animated shroud of turin as well.

Panamark
09-29-2004, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by Golden AWe
limp pissbucket: behind blue eyes

can it get worse than that...

Who sang it originally ? I never heard that song
until the soggy biscuit version.. (I hate that song !)

Figs
09-29-2004, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by Ally_Kat
I heard on the radio today some remake of John Lennon's Imagine.

It's horrible. They should seriously not be around instruments anymore.

I heard that on K-Rock...fookin' 'orrible!
I can appreciate a new arrangement than the original, but that one turned out horribly wrong.

WelshJon
09-29-2004, 11:11 AM
Anyone remember that pissy dance track around a while ago tha was using the riff from Ain't Talkin 'Bout Love?
'Cept they sang(?) ain't talkin bout dub.
They did (do) indeed need a sound kicking. I'd hammer their tongues to the floor with croquet hoops. That'd shut the fuckers up.
And Macy, if it ain't broke, don't try to fix it baby.

diamondsgirl
09-29-2004, 11:17 AM
And Macy, if it ain't broke, don't try to fix it baby.

Amen! :cool:

badhorsie
09-29-2004, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by Panamark

The Who.

Other bad cover tunes

Sheryl crow - sweet child of mine (butchered)
All those bands on that mtv icon show for metallica (all were terrible)

Anything and everything puff daddy or p diddy has ever done.

fe_lung
09-29-2004, 01:53 PM
Does anyone remember Motley Crues 'Anarchy In The UK'? Fuckin' yikes and double yikes!

How about Madonna's 'American Pie', any cover Britney does (Satisfaction, Walk This Way...) or that travesty that 311 committed on The Cure's 'Lovesong'.

Mezro
09-29-2004, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by fe_lung
or that travesty that 311 committed on The Cure's 'Lovesong'.

Big time...I heard that version on the radio at the gym and almost punched a hole in the wall.

Mezro...Robert Smith must have shit a fiddle...

Figs
09-29-2004, 03:18 PM
Follow up: remake of John Lennon's Imagine is by A Perfect Circle.

I was surprised because they are usually good.

Golden AWe
09-29-2004, 03:49 PM

yup, you should definetely hear the original version...

it's from a different planet, it has a totally different athmosphere...

and the b-part is awesome, keith moon doing a grate job...

try to find it, you won't be disappointed.

saint
09-29-2004, 06:16 PM
That Rap? version of Every breath you take

Matt White
09-29-2004, 07:27 PM

How about Madonna's 'American Pie'

I remember it fe_lung. I almost drove into a tree, because I was BLIND with rage. A FUCKING TRAVESTY!!!
All the songs on that Ennconium: A Tribute to Led Zeppelin. ALL of those songs sucked ASS! WHY the FUCK anybody would TRY and cover ZEP is beyond me.
I've NEVER heard any of those VAN HALEN tribute cds. I NEVER want to either!!!

diamondsgirl
09-29-2004, 07:40 PM

I remember it fe_lung. I almost drove into a tree, because I was BLIND with rage.

LMAO! Sorry, Matt, but that's hilarious.:D

It really does suck.

diamondsgirl
09-29-2004, 07:54 PM
Annie Lennox is another one who can't leave well enough alone. There have been quite a few covers of Whiter Shade of Pale, but hers is the worst I have heard. She also massacred Take me to the River.

pete
09-29-2004, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by scorpioboy33
OK THIS IS THE WORST
ROD STEWART DOING TOM WAITTS "DOWNBOUND TRAIN

ROD STEWART DOING ROBBIE ROBERTSON'S "BROKEN ARROW"

pete
09-29-2004, 08:03 PM
yup, you should definetely hear the original version...

it's from a different planet, it has a totally different athmosphere...

and the b-part is awesome, keith moon doing a grate job...

try to find it, you won't be disappointed.

Actually, just get the whole "Who's Next" album. Not a filler song on that whole album. All classics.

tobinentinc
09-29-2004, 09:21 PM
Kid Rock's terrible remake of Bad Co.'s classic, Feel Like Making Love.

Panamark
09-30-2004, 01:44 AM
Thanks guys, now that I know its a Who song, I would actually like to hear the original. Im sure it was a decent song in that case...
I should have rephrased my post, I hate Limp Bizkit !!!

I mean, how could you get excited by a band that names itself
after circle jerking ?????

Panamark
09-30-2004, 01:49 AM
Originally posted by WelshJon
Anyone remember that pissy dance track around a while ago tha was using the riff from Ain't Talkin 'Bout Love?

Damn LOU !!

I had forgotten that years ago, until now...
Thanks a lot !!! :p

Panamark
09-30-2004, 01:51 AM
Did anyone mention Pat Boones "Panama" ??

Coyote
09-30-2004, 03:56 AM
Originally posted by WelshJon
'Cept they sang(?) ain't talkin bout dub.

That was Apollo 440.

WelshJon
09-30-2004, 04:00 AM
I've got one of the Van Halen tribute cds.
Light up The Sky sung by Doug Pinnick is shit hot(with Malmsteen,Sheehan, Colaiuta), but then there's Pretty Woman done by Nelson (rember them, anyone? Didn't think so).
The shite-o-meter goes up to 11 and you wonder why these oxygen thieves were ever allowed near instruments.
Truly hideous. :D

Panamark
09-30-2004, 07:37 AM
SO many horrible memories coming out of this thread !!!

NELSON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Switch84
09-30-2004, 02:36 PM
That fucking shit Jimmy Page did with Poof Dadda or whatever his
name was.. Nearly killed Kashmir forever, for me....

:eek: :mad: OH, MY GOD!!! That was used for the new "Godzilla" movie starring Matthew Broderick (Was that 2000?) I wanted to hurl bricks at Jimmy and Puff Daddy (A sorry motherfucker that needs to leave Rap alone, imo)!

Btw, the movie sucked, also...Godzilla using NYC's subway system to lay his eggs? WHAT THE FUCK???

The only thing cool about the flick was the computer graphics.

Switch84
09-30-2004, 02:46 PM
:mad: Fuck, that shitty remake of Bill Withers' "Lean On Me" by some group called 'Timex Social Club' blew dog balls, too!

Tom Jones' version of "Kiss" (Prince) was downright horrid.

I may get called a sheep for this, but Davy Baby's remake of "Shoo Bop" was shit, too.

LMMFAOBT!

EbDawson
09-30-2004, 11:47 PM
Does anyone remember Motley Crues 'Anarchy In The UK'? Fuckin' yikes and double yikes!

Megadeth did a blistering, fucking awesome cover of that on their So Good, So Far, So What album.

As far as bad covers go, Marilyn Manson's cover of Highway to Hell for that KISS movie soundtrack. Sucked.

Matt White
10-01-2004, 12:59 AM
Originally posted by EbDawson

As far as bad covers go, Marilyn Manson's cover of Highway to Hell for that KISS movie soundtrack. Sucked.

WOW!!! I've never heard that Eb (The HIGHWAY TO HELL COVER) and NEVER want to!!! I'd be forced to go to LA and KILL MANSON. NOBODY SHOULD EVER COVER BON SCOTT. PERIOD.

monkeythe
10-01-2004, 02:21 AM
Over the past few days, I've seen teasers on all the entertainment news shows for Brittney's cover version of My Perogative (for her new greatest hits album). From what I heard of it, it really blows and unfortunately this is the type of crap my wife listens to. Funny thing though, Whitney was asked if her or Bobby would ever do a remake of a Brittany song and Whitney laughed at the question before saying no (and we all know that Whitney has a problem just saying no)

Panamark
10-01-2004, 02:34 AM
She cant say NO !
Say No to Blow !

WelshJon
10-01-2004, 09:25 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Matt White . NOBODY SHOULD EVER COVER BON SCOTT. PERIOD.

'Nuff said.

EbDawson
10-01-2004, 09:26 AM
WOW!!! I've never heard that Eb (The HIGHWAY TO HELL COVER) and NEVER want to!!! I'd be forced to go to LA and KILL MANSON. NOBODY SHOULD EVER COVER BON SCOTT. PERIOD.

Who the hell knows what Gene was thinking? Other than that, the soundtrack's actually pretty good. Pantera does a good cover of Cat Scratch Fever. Detroit Rock City was the name of the movie, (never saw it).

diamondsgirl
10-07-2004, 11:12 AM
I heard two more recently that I forgot about.

Kravitz doing "American Woman" sounds awful, IMO.

Kid Rock trashed "Feel like Makin Love". The original is such a sexy song, always gets my juices flowin'. ;)
Listening to Kid Rock sing it just gets me in the mood to barf. Ugh.

Golden AWe
10-11-2004, 11:32 AM
so, Panamark, have you heard "behind blue eyes" yet?

ODShowtime
10-13-2004, 11:27 AM
All those Maralyn Manson covers suck my balls pretty good. His version of The Wall sounds just like that other crappy cover-version that came out recently. All crap.

My band was doing "Green Eyed Lady" for awhile. Now that was a bad-ass cover!!

Matt White
10-13-2004, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by diamondsgirl

Kid Rock trashed "Feel like Makin Love". The original is such a sexy song, always gets my juices flowin'. ;)
Listening to Kid Rock sing it just gets me in the mood to barf. Ugh.

ANYBODY covering Paul Rodgers is a losing proposition.

Vivian Campbell
10-17-2004, 10:13 PM
Switch84 you're totally right, Macy Gray totally butchered that song. I think Gary Cherone could compel me more to buy that Digital Walkman

Worst movie remake was Planet of the Apes. The ending made the original and they totally fucked that up.

Coyote
10-18-2004, 01:23 AM
Shut up and start shreddin' again, Viv!

WolfStar999
11-15-2004, 09:37 AM
Worst Song Remakes:
"Take My Breath Away" by Jessica Simpson- keep yer ditzy blonde ass and filthy pro-tools blasphemy away from the goodness that is Terri Nunn, ya rotten bitch!

"Black Sabbath" by Vader- they obvious did not get the motivation behind the song. It's about fear of the devil, not adoration of him, ya jackasses!

"Sabbra Cadabra" by Hed(PE)- Good gravy. Talk about a real piece of crap. Sabbath was never meant to be rapped.

"One" by Korn, "Sanitarium" by Limp Bizkit- Technically complex and blisteringly emotional and beautiful songs butchered by no-talent poseurs. Nuff said.

"Fuel" by Avril Lavigne- talk about no enthusiasm whatsoever.

ODShowtime
11-15-2004, 10:50 AM
I just heard on the radio yesterday a Korn-ized version of 'Symphony of Destruction' from Megadeth. It sounded very similar to the original, just with those weird de-tuned guitars. I don't know who the cover band was, but it was pretty high on the suck-o-meter. Probably about a 7 or so.

WolfStar999
11-15-2004, 02:42 PM
Ooh! I almost forgot the crap-tastic cover of "Sabbath, Bloody Sabbath" by The Cardigans. Just plain awful.

Atomic_Rob
11-15-2004, 03:03 PM
Was it the band 'Machine Head' that covered U2's Bullet The Blue Sky? Some shite metal band did and it was fuckin awful

WelshJon
11-16-2004, 09:12 AM
Another blinder was 'We will rock you', by some British 'boy' band who actually got Brian May to play on it!!
WHY!?!?!?
Surely he can't be that short of cash?

nosuchluck
11-16-2004, 11:27 AM
also Eminem butchering Aerosmith's 'Dream On'. I think he called it 'Sing for the moment' and didn't give Aerosmith any credit for it.

Nickdfresh
11-16-2004, 06:11 PM
I heard some really gay techno version of Ozzy's "Crazy Train" a few weeks ago when I was radio channel surfing. Has anyone else heard this piece of shit monstrosity or am I crazy?

Flash Bastard
11-16-2004, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
I heard some really gay techno version of Ozzy's "Crazy Train" a few weeks ago when I was radio channel surfing. Has anyone else heard this piece of shit monstrosity or am I crazy?

Yes, unfortunately I have heard it too. It's like fingernails on a chalkboard.

Randy Rhoads would be horrified.

Coyote
11-17-2004, 02:17 AM
Jessica Simpson doin' "Take My Breath Away" (originally from the Top Gun-soundtrack).

There's this techno-popgroup called Alcazar, that has a "mix'n'match" song. It's got a part of Motown ("Upside Down"), a part of Genesis ("Land Of Illusion", this is the world we live in...) as the chorus and mainly SHIT!

Some DJ decided that he should re-do Ultravox ("Dancing With Tears In My Eyes") mainly by losing most guitars and actual drums and by replacing them with a standard thump-thump-thump and some chick on vocals.

Whatever Mariah Carey has covered, it sucks more than the original.

Panamark
11-17-2004, 04:57 AM
so, Panamark, have you heard "behind blue eyes" yet?

Nah GA :(

Only the shit version. Do you have the original ?