PDA

View Full Version : Andrew WK

bueno bob
10-02-2004, 04:03 AM
Like him or not, I'm curious as to what DLR fans' opinions of him are...

Coyote
10-02-2004, 09:29 AM
One hit wonder. Although the drive on some songs were exhaustingly great.

BITEYOASS
10-02-2004, 09:45 PM
###### awesome! The greatest musician ever to come out of Michigan since Bob Seger! :D

bueno bob
10-02-2004, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by BITEYOASS
###### awesome! The greatest musician ever to come out of Michigan since Bob Seger! :D

Actually, I like him as well. I have both of his Island albums, and I think they're both pretty good...a nice blend of AC/DC, Meat Loaf and death metal, lol. His approach and appearance kind of always struck me as a reminder of David Lee Roth...not that there's anything the two of them really have in common, other than the whole "party" image that follows them.

More than that, he's a damn accomplished musician, and that's always nice. Making the whole "one man band" concept work at all is tricky enough, but making it actually sound good is something else entirely.

He did a big favor for me, though, by actually getting me reinterested in rock and roll, it was a nice breath of fresh air hearing something on the radio that WASN'T pretentious or self-absorbed.

badhorsie
10-02-2004, 11:15 PM
I believe he likes to party.

Terrible music .

Mr Badguy
10-03-2004, 02:51 PM
I loved the "I get wet" CD, although "The wolf" was a bit of a rehash.

Big pianos and synths are rare in this day and age.

smaz
10-03-2004, 05:43 PM
The band all have long hair which they rock out with, except for one who's bald. Made me laugh.........
His music?? Broing, repetitive, a mess.
But there's a dude who lives nearish to me who looks just like him. He wears a plain white shirt with plain white trousers and either sandals or white shoes. He walks along through the town centre holding a small CD player (Not personal, more like a stereo) which he blasts German heavy metal music through, whle singing or talking to himself. He's wierd..............