PDA

View Full Version : Woman's Obituary: Please Elect John Kerry

Full Bug
10-02-2004, 08:00 AM
Woman's Obituary: Please Elect John Kerry
Anonymous Caller: 'Hopefully On The Day That Bush Gets Elected She'll Burn In Hell!'

MADISON, Wis. -- The world of politics has been taken to a whole new level and sparked quite a response from some. A Wisconsin man is using his wife's obituary to push her passion for politics.

Jane Buffet passed away Saturday from myeloma, a cancer in her bones. Roger Buffet didn't know their 40th wedding anniversary last month would be their last. Now he's hoping all her work in the community and her passion for politics will live on.

"She may be dead, but everything she was working for and everything she cared about, it was about the future," Roger said.

While, traditionally, yard signs are ways to support a candidate, in Jane Buffet's obit, her final statement reads, "To honor her memory, please do everything you can to elect John Kerry."

"Her vote couldn't count any more, but this was the best way we knew to make her voice heard," John said.

Her passion for politics evoked a scathing response from an anonymous caller: "It's too bad she won't be able to vote for Kerry, and hopefully on the day that Bush gets elected she'll burn in hell!"

The call didn't surprise Roger. He believes risks have to be taken to get out a message.

The Madison newspaper that published the obituary didn't find the obit risky at all, saying the political statement is a reflection of the person.

"We use some discretion, but because they're paid notices, most of what people would like to put in we allow to be put in," said Maria Rosen of Capital Newspapers.

There are lots of things that Roger wants people to know about his wife, in addition to her political leanings.

"Jane put a lot into help develop the multiple myeloma support group here in Madison," he said. "Every Monday morning she was tutoring the Madison area literacy council for an hour.

"Why just try to waste obituaries saying someone was a super nice person, if they want to have their own reach beyond the grave and give them one last breath of life for what they've been living for?" Roger said.

This isn't the first time Capital Newspapers has seen an obit with a political statement. Last August, an obituary for a Stoughton woman with a similar message made national

Full Bug
10-02-2004, 08:02 AM
How lame, if Kerry gets in, the USA will have the biggest pussy in the White House ever, god help us all........:rolleyes:

DrMaddVibe
10-02-2004, 01:04 PM
I would've personally dug that bitch's grave with my bare hands just to put her where she belongs!

CUNT!

scorpioboy33
10-02-2004, 01:06 PM
Wow Dr. your a real idiot huh.

Ally_Kat
10-02-2004, 01:10 PM
so if you are a loved one of her and your political leanings are different, does it mean you didn't love her or honored her passing if you vote for Bush, Nader, or one of the other 3rd party canidates?

DrMaddVibe
10-02-2004, 01:10 PM
No, I call it the way I see it. Sorry if truth offends you.

scorpioboy33
10-02-2004, 01:26 PM
ok ...i just thought calling her a cunt and talking about digging her up bad form.........never mind

DrMaddVibe
10-02-2004, 01:47 PM
In her case...I'd make an exception!

I said ..."I'd dig the hole with my bare hands" not dig her up!

I'd want her as close to hell as she wants to be!

scorpioboy33
10-02-2004, 01:53 PM
sorry misread :)

FORD
10-02-2004, 02:18 PM
I was going to point out the absolute irrational hatred of the Busheep by quoting this statement....

"...hopefully on the day that Bush gets elected she'll burn in hell!"

But then AssVibrator posted something even worse.....

I would've personally dug that bitch's grave with my bare hands just to put her where she belongs!

CUNT!

You don't know the first thing about Jesus Christ. Neither does that FUCKING MINDLESS PIECE OF SHIT you call a pResident.

DrMaddVibe
10-02-2004, 02:35 PM
please...foLIARrd...tell us about Jesus.

Mezro
10-02-2004, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by DrMaddVibe
No, I call it the way I see it. Sorry if truth offends you.

And I call it like I see it.

Mezro...you are an asshole...

pete
10-02-2004, 03:02 PM
Edit the bitches post. For our amusment.

Until IT's banned.

DrMaddVibe
10-02-2004, 03:40 PM
You're entitled to your opinion no matter how wrong it is Mezro!

Mezro
10-02-2004, 03:56 PM
You're entitled to your opinion no matter how wrong it is Mezro!

Then prove me wrong! You obviously have talent so say something creative instead of destructive.

Mezro...taking shots at a dead woman is kind of shitty...

DrMaddVibe
10-02-2004, 04:19 PM
Isn't that THE point with her obit?

Kind of shitty to use a dead woman as a political ad.

Mezro
10-02-2004, 04:35 PM
Isn't that THE point with her obit?

Kind of shitty to use a dead woman as a political ad.

She was a passionate Democrat and wanted the world to know.

Mezro...If she was a Republican you wouldn't have called her a cunt...

scorpioboy33
10-02-2004, 05:41 PM
Mezro unfortunately have no vocabulary and no class. You can't change them but I think in this case though this guy is a bit of a misogynist.

DrMaddVibe
10-02-2004, 06:14 PM
Mezro...care to wager?

Scorp...you too are entitled to your opinion no matter how wrong it is.

Did I tell you guys I'm a lesbian trapped in a man's body? It's true!

Misogynist, I bet you've been waiting to use that word since you got smoked with it on a Scrabble board!

Mezro
10-02-2004, 06:47 PM
Did I tell you guys I'm a lesbian trapped in a man's body? It's true!

LOL...just don't foget to pull your tampon:D

Mezro...a dyke with a dick is a chick with a stick...

Seshmeister
10-02-2004, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by Mezro
If she was a Republican you wouldn't have called her a cunt...

Because that would be a redundant statement?:)

Mezro
10-02-2004, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by Seshmeister
Because that would be a redundant statement?:)

LOL!

Mezro...a witty observation worthy of a vote...

rustoffa
10-02-2004, 10:55 PM
Talk about a different spin....

Next thing you know, they'll be polls about the macabre voting demographic.

This is just creepy....where's the right wing goths?

scorpioboy33
10-03-2004, 08:02 AM
Mezro...care to wager?

Misogynist, I bet you've been waiting to use that word since you got smoked with it on a Scrabble board!
Yah so what! :) I used it in it's proper context.

Big Train
10-04-2004, 07:25 PM
Her vote doesn't count? I AM SURE they Dems are hard at work right now trying to get her vote to count,keep her on the rolls.........if she is indeed dead (and didn't have her obit photoshopped).

Sounding like Ford is FUNNNN...

John Ashcroft
10-04-2004, 10:14 PM
Hey, stupid folk die at a higher rate than smart folk...

And you're damn right Train, she'll probably still vote democrat this November.

Angel
10-06-2004, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by John Ashcroft
Hey, stupid folk die at a higher rate than smart folk...

And you're damn right Train, she'll probably still vote democrat this November.

Then why are you still alive? ;)

BigBadBrian
10-06-2004, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by Angel
Then why are you still alive? ;)

I told you to GIT!!!

Angel
10-07-2004, 02:23 PM
and you are???...

EmpyreLounge44
10-07-2004, 03:03 PM
taking shots at someone who died shows no class, regardless of her political beliefs.