PDA

View Full Version : What is the best selling Van Halen Album

scorpioboy33
10-02-2004, 06:06 PM
Hi
Just a quick thread, how many albums did 84 sell and the other VH albums compared to the Van Hagar shit?
Thanks Bill

Va Beach VH Fan
10-02-2004, 07:15 PM
According to RIAA...

VH I - 10 mil (went over 10 mil in Aug. '96)
VH II - 5 mil (went over 5 mil in May '04)
WACF - 3 mil (went over 3 mil in Aug. '94)
FW - 2 mil (went over 2 mil in Aug. '94)
DD - 4 mil (went over 4 mil in May '98)
1984 - 10 mil (went over 10 mil in Feb. '98)

Total Roth era - 34 million

5150 - 6 mil (went over 6 mil in May '04)
OU812 - 4 mil - (went over 4 mil in May '04)
FUCK - 3 mil - (went over 3 mil in Aug. '94)
Balance - 3 mil - (went over 3 mil in May '04)

Total Hagar era - 16 million

CROWBAR
10-02-2004, 07:29 PM
So, is it VH's first or, 1984??

by the time '84 rolled aroun', they were well established.

*****BUT*****

...aaand it's amighty big butt....

VAN HALEN'S FIRST....

STILL FUCKING RULES!!! :D

scorpioboy33
10-03-2004, 10:39 AM
thanks alot guys....need that for the eddie vh site :)

Matt White
10-03-2004, 12:25 PM
I saw the excuses over at the EVH site, Scorpioboy33. Ask that guy how VHI, without MTV videos or much initial radio play, has sold so many copies?!? FAIR WARNING is now over 3.4 million sold as well.
ALSO, CLASSIC VAN HALEN wasn't out (other than 1984) during the heyday of MTV. VAN HALEN sold because of VAN HALEN'S LIVE SHOW, which DAVID LEE ROTH WAS A MAJOR PART OF. Why doesn't SPam sell after a couple of years? NOBODY CARES. This tour proves that the majority of Van Hagar fans have moved on and aren't looking back.

DAVE OR THE GRAVE BABY!!!!

Blacklisted
10-03-2004, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by Matt White
I saw the excuses over at the EVH site, Scorpioboy33. Ask that guy how VHI, without MTV videos or much initial radio play, has sold so many copies?!? FAIR WARNING is now over 3.4 million sold as well.
ALSO, CLASSIC VAN HALEN wasn't out (other than 1984) during the heyday of MTV. VAN HALEN sold because of VAN HALEN'S LIVE SHOW, which DAVID LEE ROTH WAS A MAJOR PART OF. Why doesn't SPam sell after a couple of years? NOBODY CARES. This tour proves that the majority of Van Hagar fans have moved on and aren't looking back.

DAVE OR THE GRAVE BABY!!!!

So true man... I dont think you could have said it better.

Blacklisted
10-03-2004, 01:04 PM
Oh and I heard Sammy Hagar use to suck cock for bus fare and then walk home.

DeadOrAlive
10-03-2004, 08:11 PM
Hagar's dead.

hard rock
10-15-2004, 02:21 PM
No one sells a gazilion records any more unless there sleeping with britney spears. Look at all the mega selling stars of 70`s and 80`s rock ie def leppard there pretty much the same band from their heyday minus steve clark but they dont sell. even aerosmith who was laughing all the way to the bank in the late 80`s to 90`s dont sell a zillion records the industry is just not the same any more. David use to sell good at the start of his solo career and now poof no more. I think even if dlr would get back to VH the numbers would not be that big. look at kiss psycho circus everyone wanted the original 4 guys and the album sold at a moderate rate.

Panamark
10-16-2004, 08:30 AM
Metallica

Panamark
10-16-2004, 08:31 AM
AC/DC

Big Troubles
10-16-2004, 09:42 AM
Dare I say Kiss still sellls millions. No?

diamondsgirl
10-17-2004, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
According to RIAA...

FW - 2 mil (went over 2 mil in Aug. '94)

I am always surprised that FW didn't sell better. Every song on that album is killer.

what do you think the reason for that is? poor publicity?

sometimes when I am talking rock with folks, I'll tell them to check out VH's FW, best album on the planet, and they look at me like "never heard of it" . Once they check it out though, they love it.

interceptor
10-18-2004, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by diamondsgirl
I am always surprised that FW didn't sell better. Every song on that album is killer.

what do you think the reason for that is? poor publicity?

sometimes when I am talking rock with folks, I'll tell them to check out VH's FW, best album on the planet, and they look at me like "never heard of it" . Once they check it out though, they love it.

I think it just didn't have that "pop" sounding hit that some of the other albums had. Diver Down, for example. I don't know of any VH fans that would say DD (although a great album, IMO) was better than Fair Warning, but it had the smash single Pretty Woman, along with Dancin in the Street, so as a result it sold nearly twice as many copies to the casual fans.