PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know of any decent microphones, PA's, soundboards and cowbells to buy?

BITEYOASS
01-27-2004, 10:52 AM
I just wanna know because I plan on being the dynamic front man in a band I will start sometime this year? Adding to that:

If there is anyone who lives in the Montgomery, AL area who wants to start a band then contact me at biteyoass1979@yahoo.com

looking for guitarists, bassists, drummers and synthysiser or keyboard players. I sing AC/DC, Judas Priest, Classic VH(No Van Hagar or cherone), Skynyrd, allman brothers, electric six and rick james. I don't expect anyone to play songs from all of those bands and I am open to learn songs from bands that you like also. Not starting a fulltime band for now, I just prefer to play gigs on the weekends.

And just a reminder: NO BALLADS!:mad:

YankeeRose
01-27-2004, 07:22 PM
Hey BYA!!!! How ya been? Good to see ya again...:)

Vlad Fubar
01-27-2004, 10:58 PM
Mics = EV (Electrovoice) Omnidirectional mics are all purpose, affordable & sound badass live or in the stuidio.

PA = Depends what you're looking for... a practice PA, I got a Peavey 6 channel powered head & two hurkin speakers with more than enough power to rehearse & play small halls for dirt cheap... it's really easy to come by a decent PA nowadays, just gotta figure out what you'll be using it for beyond band practice.

Soundboards = Soundcraft Rewlz, Mackies are great... this is a topic that could go ON and ON... again, it's more for what you'd use it for...

Cowbells = you're on your own dude... you're from Alabama... go slug some brewskis & jack a bell off a Cow after a hard night of Cowtipping!

Rock!

Vlad

ZahZoo
01-28-2004, 03:33 PM
Mics - General Purpose/Vocals Shure SM58 or SM58BC. For micing guitars Shure SM57.

PA = For small clubs/bars/halls Peavey makes some good little workhorses that are reliable and have decent sound. If you want to go toward larger venues I'd suggest sitting down with a reputable dealer in your area and walking through your needs and building a system from the bottoms up.

Sound boards - Mackie is my fav

Cow Bells - head out to the local pastures and see which tone you want...

BITEYOASS
01-28-2004, 04:50 PM
Hiya Yankeerose! It's been one hell of a year for me. I was in college for a month and then I got activated and sent out to Camp Pendleton, CA. I was there for a good 8 months and during that time I saved up quite a bit of cash. Didn't really go out that much other than ride a cheap bicycle from Area 24 to Mainside. The only thing that sucked was that I couldn't drive my car out there. I had to leave it at NAS Atlanta, GA. Luckily I found a bus that runs through base and was able to head out to Oceanside once and awhile, never got around to heading out for San Diego. :( Anyway, I'm back in college and with my Suzy once again in Alabama.

BITEYOASS
01-28-2004, 05:03 PM
Thanks for the Mic suggestions. as for the PA I'll need 2 of em and they gotta be suitable for playing in bars or bowling lounges. And the reason I need a cowbell is for a little trademark I'm gonna have, where I attach the cowbell to my belt and strategically covers my crotch. LOL

YankeeRose
01-30-2004, 09:55 PM
You sound happy...life with Suzy is that good, huh? Well good for you. I'm happy for you...:) Tell her that Rosie sez Howdo...:D

Panamark
02-02-2004, 04:50 AM
Cowbell ?

Mate, I reckon you would be covered with finger cymbals !

j/k :D Good to see another old name here. Hey I wish I was in your neck of the woods, I would Jam with ya.. If you can sing AC/DC, Priest and Halen (reasonably well) you would be a great singer to jam with.

BITEYOASS
02-04-2004, 01:29 PM
Damn right Panamark! I was planning on starting a bar band or a wedding band similar to the one in the movie "Old School". LOL

Rubnose
02-15-2004, 09:50 PM
You're a dynamic Idiot. Stop going to karaoke bars. It is going to your head. Anything YOU might need is at Radio Shack.

If you turn up the volume in your car a little louder you'll sound even better to yourself.

BITEYOASS
02-17-2004, 11:16 AM
Hey rubnose? Are you Simon Cowell or one of his illegitemate bastard children? Either way, you bitch too much! First off I'm not planning to change the fuckin music industry, just start a damn bar band. The cowbell is for humorous purposes, like Angus Young and his schoolboy outfit.
Yeah, I go to karaoke bars and sing. Who the fuck doesn't. How else are you gonna get some damn practice in front of an audience? And when I do sing, the audience goes nuts and I make all those who sing boring country songs look like fuckin idiots. And guess who is requested the most to sing at all those drunken gatherings at the barracks while I was in the USMC. Me you asshole! Rubnose, you have the potential to be a great music critic. But you gotta leave your mother's basement if you ever want to make anything out of your misrable self!

Junyore Grades
02-17-2004, 02:35 PM
For the cowbell I was going to suggest "Toca", but if it's just a nut garnish, third cowpie from the bobwire.

twonabomber
02-18-2004, 06:54 PM
a place i deal with has Behringer mixers and speakers. i may be able to get you a good price.

BrownSound1
02-20-2004, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by BITEYOASS
I just wanna know because I plan on being the dynamic front man in a band I will start sometime this year? Adding to that:

If there is anyone who lives in the Montgomery, AL area who wants to start a band then contact me at biteyoass1979@yahoo.com

Sorry dude, you're too close to Auburn for my liking. ;)

As for mics...Shure, AKG, or Sennheiser. BTW, always put a Shure SM57 on the guitarists amp cabinet. ;)

jackassrock
02-27-2005, 11:26 AM
I've got a Peavey XR1200 for sale. $150 takes it.

It's a heavy mother though. The shipping could cost.

http://www.harmony-central.com/Guitar/Data/Peavey/XR1200-01.html

Eyes of the Night
02-27-2005, 12:36 PM
Vlad!!! ...

I'm local so that 6 speaker PA is MINE folks ...:D