PDA

View Full Version : a perfect government

scorpioboy33
10-03-2004, 08:40 AM
Silly Idea but well one can hope

Can you imagine a government where ideas from the left and the right were shared and implemented on a cause it's the right decision basis?

I kinda wish that political parties in Canada and the States worked closer with each other to find the best answers. I think that if people could get passed their egos this could happen.

If this happened I believe more people could be properly represented and the world would be a better place. It wouldn't matter rich or poor because both side would feel like they had someone looking out for them.

Rich and Poor , Black and white etc would start discussions that would bring them closer and than people would feel less burden cause they would be working together to create a perfect government instead of a left or right wing government.

Sounds crazy I know but as John Lennon said imagine?

Jesus Christ
10-03-2004, 10:19 AM
My son, ye shall not see perfect government until the day that I, the Messiah return to the earth and establish My Kingdom from Jerusalem.

Until then ye must overhaul thine own political system.

scorpioboy33
10-03-2004, 10:25 AM
hey how can I argue with you

scorpioboy33
10-03-2004, 12:43 PM
still think it's a good idea

Dr. Love
10-03-2004, 01:00 PM
If you want to talk in terms of perfect government, I think I'll agree with Thoreau.

lms2
10-03-2004, 01:07 PM
http://thoreau.thefreelibrary.com/Civil-Disobedience

scorpioboy33
10-03-2004, 02:51 PM
I can't remember exactly what he said..but I remember reading it...something like "the state is not equipt to deal with a mans morality it can only deal by brute force, and I was not born to be forced I shall breathe in my own fashion."

Viking
10-03-2004, 04:16 PM
"That government is best which governs least". A truer statement has never been spoken; there are, however, those among us that either want the government to herd them like sheep, or want a body of elitest overlords to impose a suffocating blanket of legislation, regulation, and indentured servitude over every man, woman, and child. All for 'the good of the people', mind you. At least that's what people like Lenin, Marx, Stalin, Hitler, Hussein, and the like would have you believe.

rustoffa
10-03-2004, 08:19 PM
:D
http://www.twainquotes.com/Government.html

The mania for giving the Government power to meddle with the private affairs of cities or citizens is likely to cause endless trouble, through the rivaly of schools and creeds that are anxious to obtain official recognition, and there is great danger that our people will lose our independence of thought and action which is the cause of much of our greatness, and sink into the helplessness of the Frenchman or German who expects his government to feed him when hungry, clothe him when naked, to prescribe when his child may be born and when he may die, and, in fine, to regulate every act of humanity from the cradle to the tomb, including the manner in which he may seek future admission to paradise.
- "Official Physic," reprinted in The Twainian, 11/1943

There is a phrase which has grown so common in the world's mouth that it has come to seem to have sense and meaning--the sense and meaning implied when it is used: that is the phrase which refers to this or that or the other nation as possibly being "capable of self-government;" and the implied sense of it is, that there has been a nation somewhere, some time or other, which wasn't capable of it - wasn't as able to govern itself as some self-appointed specailists were or would be to govern it. The master minds of all nations, in all ages, have sprung, in affluent multitude, from the mass of the nation, and from the mass of the nation only--not from its privileged classes; and so, no matter what the nation's intellectual grade was, whether high or low, the bulk of its ability was in the long ranks of its nameless and its poor, and so it never saw the day that it had not the material in abuncance whereby to govern itself. Which is to assert an always self-proven fact: that even the best governed and most free and most enlightened monarchy is still behind the best condition attainable by its people; and that the same is true of kindred governments of lower grades all the way down to the lowest.
- A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court

ODShowtime
10-04-2004, 12:10 AM
I don't think we can have a perfect government for the simple reason that people have such different ideas of what the gov't should do.